Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Memorable Threads
What to do with inactives?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:45 pm
Sooo... I accidentally spent all the money we had (minus 1p) by sending one guild announcement. I was doing it on my phone and the text is tiny so I never noticed the price. I checked now from my PC and it's 201 platinum.

Do I need to switch to gold before I send an announcement? Eh makes me wonder if you lose anything in the conversion..

The less members we have the less an announcement will cost. So that's the main reason I'm thinking we need to kick inactives.

What do you guys think? I've never kicked anyone out before. And what's a good cutoff? If they haven't been online in 1 year, 2 years, or less? I'm thinking no less than 1 year since they logged into Gaia, if no profile go by the last guild post they made.

Just want to include everyone in this decision and get advice.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:50 pm
I agree with this decision and I didn't know it cost to make an announcement. I think 1 year is a good cutoff time.  

Munificents

Sparkly Senshi

10,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm
Kanako Ukima
I agree with this decision and I didn't know it cost to make an announcement. I think 1 year is a good cutoff time.

It used to cost practically nothing. Actually I think it cost 201 gold. So now it's just 201 platinum. Big difference there. :/ Gonna go complain about that soon, haha.

Everyone I kick I will tell them to come join again if they come back to Gaia. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm
Wow, we have people who haven't posted in 3 years. xD  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 pm
Well we have 18 members now. Most people that were in this guild hadn't posted or even been online since 2014 or 2015. I kept a few 2015's cause they are still around. xD

All my guilds are dead, we are actually doing really good. xD And I'm serious.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm
3nodding
Seems like kicking is the natural order of things.
Like pruning a tree.

New members will grow back im sure xd  

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm
Cinderful
3nodding
Seems like kicking is the natural order of things.
Like pruning a tree.

New members will grow back im sure xd

That's an awesome analogy. If that's what that's called. xD It's great either way. Yeah it feels much fresher now, haha. Clean slate on everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 am
I'm big on keeping the herd thin when I'm guild captain. I'm glad you decided on it, and that it was a long enough window for me to still fit in it ;D

Should we enact a heavy marketing venture?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 pm
Different...Very.
I'm big on keeping the herd thin when I'm guild captain. I'm glad you decided on it, and that it was a long enough window for me to still fit in it ;D

smile Well everyone I kicked can auto rejoin if they'd like. But I am pretty sure they are just gone from Gaia. Maybe a few will come back.

Hmmm. Maybe we should. I'm trying with the giveaway, and we do have a few recruitment threads (which need updating). But do you have any other ideas?

I used to go into the "new users" or whatever thread. xD Intro thread? I dunno. I've been awake too long. blaugh But I would welcome them to Gaia and tell them I'm here for any questions they have. Would give them donations to get going. Maybe I could put together a standard newbie kit, haha. Decide what items would be cool to give out so I don't have to think so much into it. That's my idea for now, haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Spenelli
Different...Very.

smile Well everyone I kicked can auto rejoin if they'd like. But I am pretty sure they are just gone from Gaia. Maybe a few will come back.

Hmmm. Maybe we should. I'm trying with the giveaway, and we do have a few recruitment threads (which need updating). But do you have any other ideas?

I used to go into the "new users" or whatever thread. xD Intro thread? I dunno. I've been awake too long. blaugh But I would welcome them to Gaia and tell them I'm here for any questions they have. Would give them donations to get going. Maybe I could put together a standard newbie kit, haha. Decide what items would be cool to give out so I don't have to think so much into it. That's my idea for now, haha.
Yeah, tell 'em when the sea of posts in the main forums get to be too much, they can settle in our intimate little pond 3nodding You could also spam the chatterbox with topics filled with the guild banner and giveaway  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 am
Different...Very.
Yeah, tell 'em when the sea of posts in the main forums get to be too much, they can settle in our intimate little pond 3nodding You could also spam the chatterbox with topics filled with the guild banner and giveaway

Ooh, great ideas, thanks. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm
I think a year is a reasonable decision. They could not have posted in the guilds for three years, but they just became completely inactive to gaia for a year now.

You could also try to re-invite them if they ever come back to see if they would be interested in participating again. biggrin  

YourPerfectWaitress
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

9,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Memorable Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers