SUMMER 2017: ...STAR STALLY CYOA! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. ROUND 2: HELLO NEIGHBOUR .
♥ Round 2 ends 11.59pm PST, 19th August 2017 - you may revise your entry before the deadline.

You barely remembered Studbook in the midst of last minute box-stuffing and No-U-Hauling (thanks to the sturdy Carousel Phony who gave you a ride), but when settled in the admittedly stunning new stable, you find the time to check it out again.
In your privacy paranoia, you unchecked all the email notifications, and much to your guilt and surprise, realise you missed 1 notice.

It is a private message, patiently lighting up the little letter symbol.
It says,

"Hello neighbour! gaia_star "

Almost on cue, there is a rapping on your stable door. You scramble up from the half-unpacked pile and answer the door, your heart pounding for various reasons.

The brilliance of his eyes catches you first, before the dainty, magic-lit horn that bobs down with his head, and up as he pronounces,

"Hello neighbour!"

Wow, you'd almost missed the pun there.

"Oh, I'm sorry -" he starts as his half-lidded eyes glance by your flank, "I didn't mean to interrupt. I was just excited to see the stud offline. IRL. That's what they say these days, isn't it?"
He laughs. There is a slight clatter - it's a plate of cookies, wrapped in the soft glow of his unicorn magic, jiggling with his giggles.

"Oh my stars," he composes himself with an easy smile. At least, one assumes he ever lost his composure in the first place. The smile is placid.
"I mean, I meant to welcome our new friend to the neighbourhood." There it is again. "I'm Star, I live next door. Would you like some cookies?"

WHAT DO YOU DO?
1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests
2. Turn him away because you and the stable are a mess
3. Tell him you'll visit him later when you're settled down

Fill in the form below with an RPed response, and post it in this guild thread!
♥ Do not book posts with just the choice you've made before you have an RP response ready. We will dock your score.
♥ There is no minimum or maximum word count to your post, but please make your post a reasonable length.

Quote:
ROUND 2: HELLO NEIGHBOUR
I CHOOSE TO: 1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests / 2. Turn him away because you and the stable are a mess / 3. Tell him you'll visit him later when you're settled down
(Please delete whichever choice is not applicable.)

[ RP response here; remember you cannot dictate's Star's reactions! ]

[size=20][b]ROUND 2: HELLO NEIGHBOUR[/b][/size]
[b]I CHOOSE TO: 1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests / 2. Turn him away because you and the stable are a mess / 3. Tell him you'll visit him later when you're settled down [/b]
(Please delete whichever choice is not applicable.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am
ROUND 2: START!
Scaramouche Fandango x
The Semblance of Unity
elvyralani x
ex o ex Snoof x
purplerosesbeauty x
Ruriska x
Fea Line x
lux_rayne13
thyPOPE
~Twilight...Angel~
zippedsiren
FrostyPeaches

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am
I CHOOSE TO: 1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests

Cookies. He didn't even realize he was hungry, but at the smell of the cookies, his stomach did a flip. (At least, he told himself it was the smell of the cookies.) Warp Nine waved the stallion in. "I would love some cookies. I've been unpacking all day and am dying for a break. Grab a seat anywhere if you want- I think all the couches on the box- I mean, boxes on the couch- are empty!" He looked for a good place to put the telescope tube he was holding- the coffee table maybe? That would probably work. He gently placed the tube next to a pile of books, using them to wedge it carefully so that it didn't roll off. It didn't have its eyepiece attached yet, but he didn't want to get the mirrors out of alignment. There was still room for the plate of cookies, too, should Star want to put them down. Star. He chuckled to himself- of all the phonies he could meet, he met one named after the same cosmic object of his studies. What an auspicious start to life on this cul-de-sac!

"Star, huh? It must be fate we're neighbors- I actually study stars." He thought for a moment- usually he followed that up with "dying stars," but to somebody named 'Star' with a star for a cutie mark... well, best not to be too morbid. "Stellar phenomena have been my thing since I was just a foal, and- well, I mean, I guess you can probably see that. My telescopes were the first thing I unpacked." The tube on the table was decidedly not the only scope in the room. The bookcase had an entire shelf dedicated to antique models- personal spyglasses of various sizes, some maritime brasses, even an old leather monocular. A powerful computerised model, with GPS and a camera attached, stood in the corner by the door, easily taken outside, and a hefty reflector was propped by the television. "Space is so wonderful- I really do love the stars. They're so beautiful and distant at first- but once you really look at them, you can unravel their mysteries and know so much about them- what they're composed of, what planets might orbit them, what makes them burn. Really, there's nothing more magnificent than a star," he bubbled- then stopped himself, remembering that his guest's name was Star. He didn't want to sound... desperate. Or awkward. Or too forward.

"But- oh gosh, I'm all ahead of myself. I'm Warp Nine- I mean, I guess you knew that, since you found me on Studbook. Sorry to prattle on like that- I just get really worked up when I talk about space! If you thought that was bad, you'll have to come stargazing with me sometime- I basically turn into a documentary narrator." He smiled shyly, ears dropped. "I hope I'm not making too much of a fool of myself; it really was so kind of you to drop by!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm
I CHOOSE TO: 3. Tell him you'll visit him later when you're settled down

Studbook was the last thing on his mind, it was nice to see a neighbor reaching out though since making friends was always hard for him. He pushed his glasses up as he looked over at the door when he heard a knock. Opening the door he grinned just a bit, "Oh, uh hi."

Overboard just could not deal with the amount of stuff he had left to deal with. Honestly he had never really unpacked much after his last move either, he just kind of had an organized clutter. But still, he needed to get the clutter into the right places. The neighbor visiting was nice but meeting people here wasn't just a great idea. "I'd love the cookies, though I'm in the middle of something, perhaps I could come by later and visit you?" He took the plate of cookies with his own magic. "Thank you though Star, I'm Overboard."  

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm
I CHOOSE TO: 1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests

Doppelganger glanced over at the plate of cookies, concern crossing his face at first. While he loved a good snack as much as any other he just couldn't quite get the memory of those....those heathens of a cookie Wild Flour had him try once. It took all the sparkle flutter had not to scrunch his face up in disgust.

Instead he adapted a charming grin and with an elaborate curl and wave of his hoof he dipped his head in thanks and took a trust bite. Surprisingly....these were pretty dang good! "Thanks.. Neighbour." he winked before casting his attention down to his half unpacked half packed belongings and smirking. Reaching down, he picked up a satchel that seemed to clink and jingle with a strange musical intonation. Unfolding the flap, a couple surgical tools glimmered in the light. "Ever seen any of these up close before?" he grinned, slipping a small silver blade out and traced it through the air, cutting some imaginary form before moving it down towards a box.

Carefully he slit along a taped up edge, bits of a familiar lavender colored strands now spilling out the wrinkled and mangled end of the box. "Its so much fun... to be able to do.... this..." he smirked again before suddenly slashing the rest of the box open, several different colored wigs all popping out at once as the box seemed to just fall apart where it once stood. A look of utter horror appeared on Doppel's face for a brief moment and then he calmed himself. Picking up the lavender wig that shared a strange resemblance to a certain new neighbour of his, he neatly tucked it onto his scalp and flipped his new 'locks'. "Haven't you just ever wanted to be.....somepony else?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Meticulous as he was, Dangers Untold had not anticipated missing a message. He certainly hadn't anticipated the very same messenger to greet him so suddenly. As subtly as he could manage, Dangers' own horn glowed as he magically smoothed down his hair and tail to ensure he looked the best he could without a mirror readily available. Brows raised above half-lidded eyes as the stallion fumbled with his words, his laughter, and his cookies -- or seemed to at a glance. There appeared to be more to this unicorn than was immediately obvious. That simple fact perked a single corner of Dangers' mouth up.

"That is quite the welcome," he gave a slight dip of his own head to express the curiosity this stallion piqued, "but I feel we've both been caught unprepared. Why don't we try this again, wipe the slate clean and give the right impression?" His eyes only left Star's for a brief moment to glance at the cookies. "And enjoy the cookies, as well. Like proper neighbours." He slipped the pun right back with an equally placid smile and lift of his chin. "I'll come by soon. Only late if it's fashionable, I promise."  

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 pm

There was no realm or reality (except for that one DnD game where he’d created a character who specifically hated cookies, only to have them killed off after three horrible sessions in favour of a bard whose sole purpose was to charm pastries out of everyone they met) in which Dude Food would turn down cookies. There were stars in his eyes, not for the handsome fellow on his doorstep, but for the gift presented on the plate and it took some effort to tune in to what was being said to him.

Dude Food was utterly famished. The whole packing and travelling and unboxing was a whole lot more effort than he usually put in and it had been exactly twenty-four minutes since he’d had his last snack (an entire bag of Cheetos) and he was surely near starvation.

“Pleased to meet you, Star,” Dude Food returned the greeting, finally pulling his gaze away from the cookies long enough to give his visitor a lazy grin. “Thanks buddy and congratulations, you’re my new favourite person. Come on in. My house is your house. It’s a mess but,” he shrugged, “it’ll probably be like this for a while... at least until mum visits.” He would live out of most of the boxes, taking out only the most necessary items until Pink Lemonade came barging through his door.

“Let me take those for you,” Dude Food offered and it was good thing there was magic involved because it made it easier to pluck that plate of cookies right out of the air. He immediately shoved three of them in his mouth, chewing gratefully and making ‘mmmMmmhmmm’ noises. They were really good cookies. Okay, so not as good as his own but they were still delicious.

“You know, I uh,” he began once he’d swallowed and wiped the crumbs from his chin, “make a pretty mean cookie myself. I’ll bring some around next time, return the favour. You got any favourite treats?” He led the way to the kitchen, the only space that was perfectly clean and organised, with not a box in sight, and placed the cookie plate on the kitchen island right next to the ridiculously expensive knife stand. Then he stood proudly in his domain, waving a hoof around to show off how it gleamed and shined, especially that deep fryer he’d already had installed. How anyone lived without a deep fryer, he would never know.

“Dude Food is the name, cooking is my game. We’re going to have some great dinner parties, trust me.”  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 am

Fool's Gold stared blankly at the stranger at his door. Friendly, almost too friendly. But he was nice enough and he was trying to make an effort. Mr. Gold was trying too. "Ah, s-sorry, Star, I wasn't... expecting company so soon. I'm still unpacking." The same phony who sent him a message on Studbook, it seemed. He looked at the offered cookies, back into his half unpacked stable. It would be... rude. To turn Star away. Also, he had forgotten to eat all day, once again.

"Well, come in. You may call me Mr. Gold, if you like," he said, stepping back, body trembling slightly. His stable was a mess, but the boxes for his study were all unpacked. He had taken the chance to set that up first, since it was the basis of his business. "I-I... was merely setting up my study. Books, accounting manuals, coin collections... just a few of my. Interests." He glanced down. "I'm sorry. That's probably. Boring you..."  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:58 pm

"Well, hello. You're my first neighborly visitor. I didn't expect anyone so soon." Waterwing felt himself flush a little as the stallion's gaze flickered along his flank, resisting the urge to cover up. IT was strange, to suddenly feel so self-conscious. His mark wasn't anything particularly odd - s small set of waves that seemed to resemble wings. Self-explanatory. Now this stallion's... Waterwing's blue eyes crested over to his flank, taking in that lovely starburst of a mark. Tastefully golden.

He glanced back up, his smile warming further. "It's nice to meet you, Star. I'm Waterwing. I'm afraid you've caught me in a compromising position. My stable's hardly fit for visitors yet, and I couldn't subject you to that." In reality, Waterwing was very particular about the front he and his stable presented to the world and would rather not (never ever) show anything less than he wished. He also didn't want to turn away this handsome stallion either. A conundrum, but possibly easily remedied. He idly wondered if Star liked swimming.

"Once I'm settled in, why don't I swing by your place - which stable is it? I'll bring something by, of course." He smiled, doing his best to ignore that behind him lay various scuba gear in disarray. "Apples or cherries, Star?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:09 pm
I CHOOSE TO: 1. Accept his cookies and show him (what's unpacked of) your Special Interests.

Dusty was never one to turn away a good neighbor. And hospitality was pretty much his thing when new people had turned up in his home town. "Why I would very much enjoy some cookies!" The stallions smile seemed to light up his entire face. "Please, come in and make yourself as comfortable as you like!" The larger stallion stepped to the side to allow his guest to make their way inside.
Then he realized he needed to make some room. Quickly he made his way over to the sitting area and cleaned up a space for the two stallions, and the plate of cookies to be set on his rather rustic looking coffee table.
"Please have a seat right here!" Dusty patted the seat and walked back over to the door to close it.  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Centaur Fold's eyes sparkled almost as much as body when he heard "Hello Neighbour". The pun didn't catch him immediately in text, he had only quickly glanced at the message before he saw the stallion at the door, but hearing it made him chortle. "Ah, anyone with a quick wit and culinary skills are more than welcome!"

While his new neighbour's immediate appearance might have seemed stalkerish to some, Centaur wasn't worried, he was more than able to protect himself or wrestle another stallion if he wanted had to. Centaur was speedy when it came to unpacking, with his nimble fingers and extra arms being especially helpful, but there were was still boxes piled into a fort like structure and other half open in the middle of the floor. Nudging a box out of the way, Centaur grabbed the plate of the cookies "I can handle myself in the kitchen a bit, but I can never say no to baking. Come in, pull up a box a stay a while!"

Settling the plate down on top of a box, "Star huh? That reminds me, now where did I... ah!" Centaur picked the plate of cookies back up realizing the box he had set it on was actually a pet carrier. With his hooves, he opened the carrier and pulled out a pudgy blue starshaped creature. "Fan of animals, star? Or are we star-crossed? This is my little Sagitta. Some people think the species are bit odd, but I just love 'em."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:15 pm
sorry again this is typed in bed on ipad again OTL

After being dropped off, Peanut shuffled his belongings away from the curb and into his brand-new and utterly overpriced stable...

Once inside and resting, he was certain that all the new notifications were marked as read since the last time he checked on them..but.. somehow, one of them was attracting attention to his tired eyes... a private message with nothing more than a warm greeting to welcome him...

"Oh no......." he whimpered..."s-s-s-omeone has spotted me... i was being so quiet too..." and then he heard the loud knocking on the door. whomever it was, Peanut felt that they sure had a lot of confidence pounding on the wooden door of someone they don't even know.....

Half flinching and half trying to stay strong on all four legs, he scampered toward the door handle and opened the door....... "Y-yes?" he spoke in response to the knocking, as he peered out.

"Hello neighbour!"

Peanut's eyes widened hearing the exact same words he just read in the private message... "Y-you.. it's you...." he squeeked at the uni, a bit in a panic, as if his heart could fall out of his chest at any moment....

He too, laughed as the stallion in front of him laughed, but his own laughter was pretty much drowned out... Peanut couldn't believe how beautiful he looked...

Placing a hoof onto his chest, he felt his own heartbeat pound harder and harder inside his body. "S-star, h-how nice to meet you," he greeted back, keeping the door even more closed to almost just a crack, "M-my name is Peanut...ermm i mean.. Nutter Butter, if you want t-t-to be m-more formal..."

He felt his mouth has gone dry...

"T-those cookies look l-lovely. I bet you m-made those yourself..." and he coughed a few times trying to get his voice back. "Ex-excuse me, my voice turned hoarse... M-maybe you could show me which next door you are living in...? t-t-to the left or right of me...?"

He swallowed hard and barely any saliva went down his throat.

Peanut coughed again in desperation to get his voice back. "I uh.. I could drop by t-to properly meet you once I got t-this mess of mine's sorted out...?"

He gave Star a smile, a trembling mouth of a smile, for he cannot forgive himself if he let the new neighbour into his place after having thrown in all his belongings into a big pyramid-like pile of stuff in the middle of his stable.

Standing on all fours again, Peanut bit his teeth onto the neighbour's plate and accepted the cookies. "Fhanksyou, see you shoon" he told Star as he took the gift into his stable and closed the door. His legs turned jelly and he slid down into his couch, the cookies sliding off of the plate and tumbled onto his stomach and onto the floor.

That neighbour...is too goodlooking...

His heart kept pounding in his chest but the little paranoid stallion eventually dozed off on the couch thinking about Star and what questions he should ask him later..  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 pm

It was nice to have a stable to himself, Medalsome thought - room to spread his wings, so to speak. It was less nice having to unpack: Medalsome, as an athlete, was no stranger to physical labor, but there was a difference between doing reps and laps and showing off for the crowd and the menial task of poring through his own boxes. This wasn't what he meant by dirtying his hooves. It was a pity that Carousel phony had already wandered away.

Well, Medalsome was all for some structured procrastination. Having at least set up a lounge chair (he was no heathen), he pulled his phone over to check for important e-mails, and - ah - was that horseshoe - oh. Hello neighbour? A bit of an ominous start for something like Studbook, no?

His head swiveled comically toward the door, which was sounding at that moment. Who...?

Ah. Of course the phrase was familiar, considering he'd just read it. He found himself smirking as he looked this stallion up and down - well, as much as he was willing to; he'd heard some phonies didn't like to see his teeth. He'd thought he'd have to venture back into the crowded city for interesting life, but just this first neighbor meant his prospects might be looking up. And it looked like this Star guy appreciated his assets...or maybe just his cutie mark, but Medalsome wasn't opposed to some optimism here. And he knew he was charming. Star wasn't so shabby himself, either: luminous eyes, silky hair, and a glowing horn...glowing? Ah, cookies.

Now Medalsome was definitely getting mixed signals. He would happily indulge in a cookie, but they were not the seductive gift you might give someone you were interested in. He'd have to be careful: Medalsome didn't care about neighborly relations, after all. Especially with a buck this fine. "Oh, I wouldn't want to miss a welcoming committee like you for something as trite as unpacking," said Medalsome, careful to toss his own hair artfully over his shoulder. "I'm Medal," he said - some people he'd met had second thoughts once they heard his full name aloud, although he was pretty sure he'd listed it on his Studbuck entry regardless. "Your cookies sound like they'll make a delicious prize for after this race is done." He nodded to indicate the...very much in progress state of his stable's decor, and stepped forward to take the platter. "I'll leave them on the kitchen counter for now - at least there aren't boxes there."

He made sure to rush back toward the stable door, so that it looked like he'd just thought of the idea rather than begun plotting the moment he'd seen the other buck. "Oh, Star - which stable did you say was yours? I'd be happy to learn a little more about the area, and I'll bring your plate back...and some dinner, for the trouble. Tomorrow night sound good?"

This way, he could eat enough cookie to comment on the flavor later, and re-gift them to someone he wanted to impress if they actually were good. A whole platter would go right into his trim waistline, after all. And, of course, he'd have the real prize to look forward to, when his unpacking was done.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:18 am
only one drop-out, yaaay!  

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:19 am

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff