Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soul Eater Rivals (Open & Accepting)

Back to Guilds

It has been 30 years since the original Soul Eater story and now DWMA has a new rival, another school. 

Tags: Soul Eater, Anime, Roleplay, Romance, Action 

Reply Death City
DCSE Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm
Description coming soon  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 pm
The Demon Caligrapher

Those invited to the DCSE are able to find it after following perhaps the most convoluted directions ever written. Half were riddles, the other half was just nonsense. Yata would sense an increase in the level of demon and witch energy the closer he got to the place at the heart of downtown. Then, with no warning, the energy stopped, seeming not to penetrate from the buildings nearby to the little door at the terminus of the alley.

Inside was a place that didn't seem to fit--size-wise or in any other aspect. What Yata Garsu would be looking at was bustling business jungle the size of a small city tucked away in the folds of Death's famed spiral shaped city. Dozens of hundreds of men and women or numerous species floating, running, stamping about, conducting business on a staggering scale. Breanna Martin was nowhere to be found.  

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 pm
User Image
User Image

✹▸ ▹ Who am I with? Various people within the DCSE. ❞ ✹▸ ▹ What is this place? DCSE ❞ ✹▸ ▹ Does this look okay?Casual 1

A few hours had passed since Yata's encounter with Miss Martin in the coffee shop. Or was it Missus? That was a question for another time. Right now he was just worried that he had found the correct place. The directions on the card Breanna had given him were strange. They led him in all different directions and had him running around to parts of the city he had never seen. He ended up in an area that made the red haired guy uncomfortable. Being a solo-meister, he had perfected the ability to fight without a weapon while still maintaining a certain threat level, but the amount of demon and witch energy surrounding him was still unnerving. If several enemies jumped out at him there, he would be in trouble. The Wavelength Meister might be a brutal fighting machine, but he wasn't invincible.

Taken aback by the sudden drop of the energy that was setting him off-tilt, Yata continued on cautiously. Having already completed his meeting with Jerry, he had changed out of his formal wear and switched to a more casual outfit: a gray long-sleeve shirt and a pair of khakis. It was a comfortable outfit for him. He surveyed the area around him as he came upon a door at the end of an alley. Odd little place for a firm. It must have been a small one.

Yata opened the door and froze. Inside was something he never expected. A small city, full of businessmen and women, beings of various shapes and sizes... It was the most out of place Yata had felt in a long time. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him, taking careful note of where the door was in relation to various landmarks in the area. He walked forward a few paces, bumping into a couple individuals and apologizing, then paused to look around. He didn't see Breanna anywhere, but how could he? The place was huge!

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Out Of Character ↗↗ Out of character things! ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 pm
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.••`•.•●•۰• ••.•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here the buildings were organised in huge spires that were so thin at the top they seemed to blend into the sky. They were connected at various points by an intricate network of floating rings. Every once in a while, a flash would travel the length of the path outlined by a series of rings until it reached its destination in another building. Cars were scarce, but found crawling up the side of buildings or cruising slowly on the ground around the little shops that garnished the outskirts of the city.

Demons of all varieties gathered here, none seeming to care one wit that Yata was a human. Nearby a conversation ended with the checking of a watch and the hailing of a cab. As the taxi sped off into the heart of the city it was clear that it must have been heading for a screen--inanely large, perhaps the size of a city block itself--that displayed a flurry of numbers that looked an awful lot like a stock exchange. It was attached to the largest building in town, and dominated its attention.

Quotes:
The Demon Caligrapher

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image
User Image

✹▸ ▹ Who am I with? Various people within the DCSE. ❞ ✹▸ ▹ What is this place? DCSE ❞ ✹▸ ▹ Does this look okay?Casual 1

The Wavelength Meister looked towards the sky, tracing his eyes along the vertical length of the spires until he couldn't see them amidst the sky. Such a strange city. And all in a pocket of downtown Death City that went widely unvisited by the populace. Pocket wasn't quite the correct word, but it could be used if one were to make an inference as to how this place fit into reality, accompanied by "Dimension," of course. Things here were at a much different pace. It seemed like it could be some sort of supernatural Wall Street. Or at least something of equal equivalency.

As the minimal cars raced up and down buildings, and picked up passengers on the ground, Yata traversed the streets for a while. Slowly trying to map out the area in his mind. With every turn of a corner, his mind blew all over again. Eventually he decided to take a break, taking a seat on the nearest object that looked like it could be a resting area. He sighed deeply and twiddled his thumbs, glancing at his surroundings. His awe was apparent on his face, even now. Yata had seen his fair share of witches and demons, but never had he seen any that wore suits and conducted business and participated in formal affairs. Death City was still much of a mystery to the man. Even more of a mystery, though, was how he would find his new acquaintance in all this hustle and bustle.

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:05 pm

The thing about the city was that, if one didn't know what they were looking for, they would be lost. This was exactly where Yata Garasu was at this moment. Fortunately, there would be some time there on that bench to collect his thoughts. The various demons passed by, some shaking their heads if they noticed him. Perhaps he should have kept his suit on?

Eventually one of the walking demons was kind enough to pause a few feet from where the meister sat. "Hey guy!" it called. This was just a standard Oni demon, but he looked reasonably well-groomed. "You okay?"

Quotes:
The Demon Caligrapher

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Yata watched as several patrons passed him by, parting with strange looks. The out-of-place feeling grew in the red head's stomach. 'If I had known this is what it would be like, I would have kept the suit,' he thought. After he had rested for a few moments, Yata stood, then sat back down. He realized that it would get him nowhere to just wander aimlessly. This place was just too large, and there were too many people. Thankfully, not everyone in this city was in too big of a hurry to stop to greet him.

"Yeah!" Yata called back, thinking that the demon before him was notably different from what he was used to. He wondered if all demons could look that well if they cleaned up. "I'm actually looking for Breanna Martin. Do you know her?"

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 am
The Demon Caligrapher

"Breanna Martin... Breanna Martin..." The demon stroked his goatee as he tried to recall the face that went along with the name, to no avail. "No, sorry, I don't remember." He gave up a shrug and flicked out his wrist and the fancy watch attached to it. His fingers worked quickly to search the name he was given, and after some scrolling, produced a more professional image of the girl Yata had met some four hours ago in the cafe. "That her?"

"Hey, guy," continued the Oni with something of a sigh. "I don't think you know--being new and whatever--but lemme tell you: people don't go to the main building to see the assistants." He gestured to the large building with the billboard on it. "That's where she works, ya know. Anyway, I gotta get going," something of a gulp. "I have a presentation to give." He tipped his head to Yata and went on down the sidewalk a way to smaller building outlined with a ticker on the awning. It seemed to display coordinates more than stock values. Above, flashes continued at the top of said building.

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Yata shrugged off the demon's comment. "Thank's guy. Good luck with your presentation," he said as he began walking. Regardless of her status, Breanna was the only person who he knew in this place. Even if it was only through a brief exchange. It would be a lot easier to have her explain where he was rather than stopping a stranger and making them late. Putting one foot in front of the other, Yata ended up standing before the building clad in a massive board covered with something resembling stock prices. The Oni before mentioned a "main building," and this definitely fit the name.

Yata looked as far up as he could, trying to determine what could possibly be in this structure that warranted it's sheer size, but nothing came to mind. He took a deep breath and entered the building, bracing himself for whatever may lay inside.

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 pm
The Demon Caligrapher

Inside the build was completely different, blowing the image of its stately grandeur out of the water and then some: there were moving sidewalks and chairs that flew up and down in and out of offices arranged like combs in a great hive, the center of the area lit by a great phosphoretic sun that seemed to be its ceiling, all around check-in desks and terminals with the statuses of offices--open or busy--dotted the ground floor, and all around people of man species seemed to congregated, wade, relax in a great pool... with clothes on. It didn't seem to make their clothes any wetter; in fact, people seemed to read in the strange liquid without any consequence. Lights were swimming around a display on one of the kiosks, seeming to disappear as some lasers finished scanning over the figure of the three-eyed crow. A mechanical voice spoke up:

"Welcome to the DCSE--Death City Soul Exchange: making everything possible--what is your wish today?" Some at the help desks watched and greeted others as they came in and headed with bored certainty to their destinations. They would help Yata get to wherever he wanted if the computer interface failed to jive with his tastes.  

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 pm
User Image
User Image

"Woah.." Yata's reaction was simple, but warranted. Every open door in this small city seemed to house it's own little dimension to house an even more amazing interior than what could be found outside. The chairs were floating, which would be weird to most, but to Yata it was just an uncommon sight. He had seen many things in his existence. The weirdest part of what he saw was the pool full of water that didn't dampen the clothes of it's residents. Yata's eyes shifted to-and-fro until a mechanical voice broke his silent awe.

He paused after the voice spoke, taking a moment to glance at the nearest help desk and wondered if he should speak with one of them rather than a disembodied robotic speaker. "Is there any way you can direct me to Breanna Martin?" Yata's question was asked at a normal tone, so he could attempt to avoid receiving strange looks from passerby's (or is it passersby?). Though, after finally understanding what DCSE stood for, he did add small layers of caution to his demeanor. 'Is it even legal to trade souls? I thought Death collected the spare souls somewhere in the city,' he thought as he waited for a reply from the voice.

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

(Passersby. They are passers and they are going by. lol)

Footsteps accompanied a new search triggered by the meister's words on the screen before him. Breanna's name was highlighted in red. "Hello~" A cheery secretary greeted Yata from a few paces behind. Hers was a joyful countenance that came with a true and easy love of one's job; it implied a certain expertise as well, the way she flicked through options on a clipboard touchscreen at her elbow. A slight grimace. "I'm sorry. It looks like Breanna isn't working right now. Is there anything I can help you with instead? --normally people don't seek out secretaries, you know?" She prodded with a giggle.

Quotes:
The Demon Caligrapher

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 pm
User Image
User Image

Yata blinked as the secretary spoke. She seemed quite happy. It must be a common thing among the people who worked here. Yata visibly deflated when he heard that Breanna wasn't working. She was the one who directed him here, after all. After a moment he sighed and shook the disappointment on his face into a bright smile. There was no reason he couldn't still figure out what this hidden piece of the city was about. "That's fine! She was the one who told me about this place, so I just figured I should look for her when I got here," he explained and rubbed the back of his head.

"Could you tell me a little bit about this place? Like, what exactly happens here?" Yata paused to let the female answer his question before continuing. "And what exactly does "make people better at what they do" mean?" Yata wasn't sure if she would understand his query, but there was no harm and trying.

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 pm

"Oh? Well, that does sound nice. Maybe she saw potential in you!" Of course, this one couldn't see much business sense in the wavelength meister as he appeared now, as evidenced by her initial raising of an eyebrow.

"Ahem! --The Death City Soul Exchange is devoted to the free exchange of ideas, information, services, and of course, souls. Our many advisers are here to help you begin and further your career, no matter what your endeavor may entail. All species are welcomed to do business here as equals, and our motto is to bring a brighter tomorrow by unbridled competition." She exhaled, and returned from her serious persona to her bubbly self. "Not bad, right?" she giggled. "We memorise that! Anyway, is there anything else I can help you with today? I know it can be a little overwhelming your first time."

As the tide of people ebbed and flowed from the great building, a woman who was admittedly indistinguishable from the throngs of businesspeople other than her attire--that is, in bearing--came to whisper in the girl's ear. It was answered with a nod. "Thank you," she whispered, coming to bow lightly to Yata. "I'm sorry. It looks like my shift is up. Ayane here can answer any questions you might have, as well as point you in the right direction. Have fun~" Another bow and the bubbly girl skipped off,as a name was highlighted in orange with a tone: Avery Hawkins.

"I'm sorry about that,' said the much more cordial replacement. "I'm Ayane, and I'll help you get started here, if there's something you'd like to do."

Quotes:
The Demon Caligrapher

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

The Demon Caligrapher

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 pm
User Image
User Image

✹▸ ▹ Who am I with? Currently Ayane. ❞ ✹▸ ▹ What is this place? DCSE ❞ ✹▸ ▹ Does this look okay?Casual 1

Yata looked over Ayane for a moment, pondering the possibilities this place could hold. He hummed briefly before he spoke. "What if something I want to do is to get stronger?" His eyes scanned her face to take in what her reaction to that question would be. "Do you guys deal with stuff like that, or is it strictly business ventures?"

The Three Legged Crow was always interested in getting stronger. He needed to reach his ceiling, then burst through it, or he wouldn't be satisfied.
                                        His train of thought flickered briefly to the black sphere. Yata had discovered that he was able to form a strange black sphere with his wavelength during training one day, but he never could figure out what it was for or what he could do with it. As far as he knew, it was just a useless sphere. He wondered if they could help him find out more about it, but, still being skeptical of his this new area, Yata would proceed cautiously rather than push all of his chips in.

Yata never put much thought into what he would like to do as a career before,
                                        and if that was all they focused on, then he wouldn't know where to go from there. Maybe he could be a teacher, or a combat instructor, at the DWMA?
                                        That would be fitting, follow in the footsteps of his mentor. It sounded fitting to the Wavelength Meister. The student becoming the teacher, and all that. The only problem he would have with that is getting too eager during training and want to spar with his students. He shook the thoughts from his mind and focused on the girl before him as she spoke.

Wavelength ↗↗ Stable ↙↙
                                        Status ↗↗ Healthy ↙↙
                                        Quotes
                                        Cotton Shorts Kid

Quote:

Quote:

Death City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items