Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Time for Music Lessons [Connie / Aloysious]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 am
Three months.

That's how long Connie had been in Desinty City now. Well, since April.

She found out on her first full moon that she was a Senshi...a magically warrior. Yet were was she headed right now? A music lesson. A music lesson she didn't even want to go to in the first place!
But according to her parents, she never left the house and "three months was enough" and "you wanted to move here, didn't you?"

Connie scoffed to herself, as she pushed off hard on her skateboard and glanced at the map she had drawn herself. Like they'd know, or would ever know, for that matter. They were almost never home anyway and she was always busy with her schooling and genealogy anyway. Now moving and becoming a Senshi on top of that. School would be starting up again soon.

"Now music lessons..." She mumbled, coming to a stop and looking to make sure she had the right address. Next to it was written, Mr. Aloysious Sharp.

Taking a deep breath, Connie took off her backpack before she flipped her board up, securing it to the bag. Then removing her helmet and placing it inside the bag. She took the hair tie out of her massive hair and fluffed it out, placing the tie around her wrist as she was sure she'd still need it inside.

Making her way to the door, Connie knocked hard and waited.

Sara Draconia
Hope this is ok! >w< <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:35 am
Aloysious was prepared this time for his student, gone were the piles of dust and paper after months of disarray. The piano remained clear of junk and finally had been polished. He still felt empty but he could not wallow in filth forever. The house was his own and if he didn't clean it nobody else would. On the music stand stood an assortment of sheet music for new beginners, as well as a few things slightly more advanced if his new student seemed promising.

His attire was semi formal as usual, a white button up with long sleeves that was covered by a black vest. His black dress pants reached the floor since he didn't have shoes on inside the house. As he scanned the room, a knock came from the door. It looks like they had arrived early for the lesson today. He opened the door quietly and peered out into the sun. "Hello, are you here for lessons today? Come in, come in. I have a pot of hot water and a few types of tea if you would like some." After waiting for a response he opened the door all the way to invite her in, the teapot and a few cups sat on the coffee table near the piano.

anime_girl10

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 am
Connie let out a sigh of relief when Aloysious answered the door, comfirming she had the address right despite her checking and double checking. "Yes, I am, thank you for having me." She replied, giving a slight bow in respect of her new teacher and smiling at the question of tea. "Tea sounds great!" Connie added, making her way inside and honestly, she knew it would put off the actual lesson even if only slightly. Noticing his shoes were off she did the same, though blushing a bit in hopes she didn't have stinky skater feet, before making her way to the coffee table for tea.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Aloysious nodded and pulled out a box full of a wide assortment of teabags, he set it on the table before choosing one for himself. "I have quite a few types to choose from, most re from a local tea shoppe and a few are ones that I have prepared by mixing some spices with existing plain teas. While the tea steeps, what kinda of music are you interested in for piano? I have many varieties besides classical since I understand that not everyone has the same tastes." It would take a few minutes for his tea to steep so, he took that time to shuffle around music that he had set up on the edge of the table for her to look at when she was ready.

Aloysious had a great understanding of the basics but knew that certain things can make or break one's relationship with music. The freedom of choosing one's own pieces can greatly reduce stress and resentment towards a teacher, especially with a student so young.

anime_girl10

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:56 am
Connie was delighted by the selection, knowing she'd have to visit the local shops now and stock up on her own like this. She picked a cinnamon mix with dried carnberries, one warm and inviting with just a bit of sweetness she could inhence with honey.
She couldn't help but fliddle with the tea bag's tag while Aloysious talked, thinking a moment on his question. "Well, my hands are more used to writing and typing.." She laughed but thought of the history of her work. "Maybe something older? Slow melodies are always nice." Connie smiled, hoping they could be easier to learn too.

Sara Draconia
Sorry it took to long to reply. ;w; <3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:56 pm
Aloysious nodded and pulled out a few pieces that were fit for waltzes and laid them out on the table before he took a sip from his tea. He also reached over and poured some hot water in her cup so that her tea could start steeping. The whole room began to smell of cinnamon as the hot water soaked into the teabag within her cup.
"I feel like a waltz piece would work as a nice start, they have a very set pattern so that you can learn it one piece at a time. They also are on the slow side as well so you do not have to worry about speeding things up. Typing is at least slightly similar in terms of motion to piano playing which is more than I can say about students that I have had in the past." He smiled warmly at her and gave her time to look over the sheet music.

anime_girl10
No problem at all!

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 pm
Connie couldn't help but laugh at his comment about past students, at least that was a good sign. She looked it over, careful not to mix the pages, wondering how hard the keys would be to learn as well. Though she could only assume it would be similar to learning finger placements like for typing. Connie pulled her cup close to warm her hands and take in the scent of the cinnamon. "So where's a good place to even start?" She asked, a bit sheepishly.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 pm
With a smile he opened the lid to show the piano keys and sat on the bench. "First I will show you what sort of posture to use, since I am on the taller end I have to lower the bench quite a bit. You always want to have your feet flat on the ground with a straight back. It is very similar to the standard proper typing positioning. As for where to start once on the piano, this is the main key that is similar to home keys on a keyboard. This is called middle C." With delicate fingers, he played a small somber melody for the first few lines while leaning so that she could watch the positioning of his hands as they moved across the keys.

After he finished, he moved aside and motioned for her to sit on the bench as he prepped the mechanism to raise the seat up. "You can bring your choice over here and I can show you how the notes match the keys."

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm
Connie could help but laugh alittle when he talked about the bench, knowing already that switching between them would be a pain. But got flustered at comparing the posture to typing, knowing she didn't always follow it, as much as she tried. She listened carefully to the notes as he played, while it was slow and peaceful, she couldn't help but wonder if her fingers could keep up.

Nervously Connie nodded, suddenly feeling a bit withdrawn, wondering if she could learn to play at beautiful. Slowly raising and walking over, hesitating just a bit before sitting next to him. She used her fingers to fiddle with her ring, avoiding the keys. "How long have you been playing?" Connie suddenly found herself asking. She didn't know why though, it's not like she'd find the answer helpful in any way.

Sara Draconia
So pretty~ ;o; all the feels lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 am
Aloysius noticed the nervous fidgeting she had started. At one point, long ago, he had a similar nervousness. "Well, I was very little when I started but I only really got into it during middle school. I played viola mostly from age 5 and I still do. Though I have taken a liking to teaching piano over viola as it is a lot easier to pick up. Before we start playing anything if you just want to play around on the keys you can to get a feel of the weight they have? The harder you press the keys, the louder the sound gets. It works the other way as well just like when I played the softer parts."

It was something she would have to learn that was different than typing, pressing more or less causes a completely different sound. He readied his nerves for whatever cacophony of notes would happen once she decided to play. It was something he was never a hundred percent ready for.
anime_girl10
I have a few things I have sorta composed for him I need to play/record sometime.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:46 am
"Age five??" Connie said, forgetting her young age and feeling doomed. He even played the 'viola' too?? Not the Violin, the Viola.. While she grew up around rich people and always being forced to attend fancy parties, she was given the freedom most weren't allowed. Then again that happened when you're parents where hardly home.
She sighed as she turned her attention to the keys now, bring her fingers up to glide over them. Even smoother than any keyboard she could remember and not even any bumps to help with placement.

Not even noticing when she hunched a bit now, looking closer at them and their placement. Trying to figure out anything she could pin point with her eyes. She pressed down with her pointer finger, just a bit too hard, jumping at the loud sound that shot itself at her in return. "O-Oops! Ah.." Connie scrambled a bit, trying other keys that didn't really go together. She groaned, removing her hands from the keys and back to the bench, just wanting to slam her head against them. She couldn't help but let out a little laugh though, mostly at herself. "Are you sure it's easier to pick up?"

Sara Draconia
Ahh~ That's awesome!! OwO You should! lol <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:35 pm
Suprisingly with as hard as the girl had pressed, it was not the worst thing he had heard for a first try. "It is perfectly alright, it takes a bit of time to pick it up at first but in the end it is easier. A good thing to know is that if you mess up, as long as you keep playing and don't let it stop you, it will all work out in the end. Today for the meat of the lesson, I'll show you how just the main key goes and you can try scales if you'd like"

With delicate fingers he demonstrated the base key of C while explaining how there were only a few basic chords that went along with it. It was a bit soft as to not startle her again with the notes as he showed the main chord progression as well. Once he was done, he motioned for her to try with a reassuring smile.

anime_girl10

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 pm
Connie frown a bit, wondering if he was right..well he was the teacher after all.. But she couldn't help to apply the thoughts to being a Senshi, wondering if it worked there. Though in that case, even if you messed up and made a terrible sound, it could get you hurt.
She thought of her new friend, Sailor Lacrimosa, and how she had just came back after stepping away.. Did that count as stop playing..? But she did come back, picked it back up..
Connie shook her head, wondering why she went straight to applying it to being a Senshi.
It did apply to her work however. You ran into dead ends in Genealogy all the time but you just had to keep going to get more results.
Her attention turned when she realized he was playing. She had only missed a key or two, but it was enough to make her feel embrassed. Knowing she shouldn't be overthinking this hard over this. Yes she wanted to be good at it and prove to her parents that moving here wasn't a mistake, but she knew she shouldn't be stressing herself either when her energy needed to be used for more important things.
Connie gave a little half smile in return. Oops. She touched the keys gently, doing a few tests to try to echo the sounds he made. Running them along the keys in a mess. "My fingers feel like they're trying to trip themselves.." She grumbled.
She wasn't sure how long they had been sitting there. At least the sounds started to sound better together. It wasn't prefect but she was starting to feel better about the whole thing.

Sara Draconia
Sorry this reply took so long but I really wanted to push myself better. Even if that just resulted in a huge ramble. T^T lol

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:18 am
With a quiet nod, he watched as she practiced. As the minutes ticked by, the random notes grew fewer. Scales were starting to come from the piano as his student slowly began their adventure into music. It warmed him inside when he would bring new people into the world of musicians. Even if she wasn't confident in herself, he would help guide her towards better playing. Being a teacher suited him more than his late night occupation. The years were passing and he slowly was beginning to come to terms with his past. Moving on from it helped him dedicate more time to his civilian life during the day.

The only indication of how much time had passed was the quiet melody of his clock striking the hour. That marked the end of the lesson for today. "It may seem clumsy at first but you are picking it up very well so far. It seems that the time has come to end this lesson for today. Do you have any questions for me?"

anime_girl10

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm
Connie couldn't help but be relieved when Aloysious announced the lesson was over, though his praise did make her feel a bit better about the whole thing. She stretched a bit, trying to think if she had an questions for him. Though she guessed all she could do at this point was to keep up practice and reading the music, so that she could keep getting better.

"Not that I can think of..besides I guess setting up my next lesson!" Connie laughed, standing to gather her things and make a quick note of things from the music to the tea she was given.

Sara Draconia

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff