Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply The Tales Series Guild
Tales of the Rays Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rays?
RAAAAAAYS!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Ehh?
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Maybe when I get a mobile device. -_-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shoulda been Radiant Mythology 2-3.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Playable
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 am
More like Tales of the World: Raydiant Mirrology, am I right?

Yep, it's finally here (albeit only on Android at the moment)! Tales of the Rays is a mobile title that draws upon several games in the series. It has an original story featuring two new main characters and some party members from other Tales games. The gameplay is much closer to GC/PS2/360 Tales than, say, Tales of Link.

Regarding the gacha aspects: Characters are unlocked through main quests and events; you'll only be rolling for gear (with attached Artes) and the Mystic Arte equivalents.

As for performance, your mileage may vary. My mediocre tablet is handling it a lot better than Tales of Link, surprisingly. It hasn't crashed yet, and the only real issue is the stuttering during animated cutscenes.

Thoughts?

Also, I messed up that poll. That was supposed to be "Playable Wonder Chef when?" Do with it as you will.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:41 pm
Anyway, here's my friend code: 234098430. The name's Sean, as usual.

Only now do I realize that the name doesn't apply to a character, so it didn't need to be something believable like "Sean." Ah, well. Consistency.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 pm
Evilweirdo 0

A+ punnage there, bruh. User Image

I started this too! My friend code is 958610387, username Meimei. Followed you!

I like that it feels like a console game, and I also find it interesting that the gacha is more gear-based. It's like...yessss. My favorites will be viable right out of the box. I'm eventually gonna run with Kratos and Jade all the way. xd

The premise is pulled off interestingly too. It's different from the usual Tales crossover reasoning (from what I've seen) of "oh this is actually just an AU where all the characters are natives of this world". "Let's make copies of other worlds into this world" sounds so grand. xd I'm already wondering just what the dark twist to all this Exoflection dealie might be.

The only downer for me is that it's a huge battery drain, even on energy-saving mode. I need to keep my tablet plugged into a charger to play this. The game runs smoothly for me for the most part (a few lags here and there but not too bothersome), but my tablet tends to overheat easily and force shutdown of the app. Maybe I just need a better tablet. lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am
Azura Cantarella

Backstories like Colette's get kind of weird in stuff like Link. The actual crossover approach is definitely an interesting one.

Speaking of exoflection,
I'm 75% certain that the prime minister is going to be one of the bad guys. Remember Ix and Mileena's cold reception by those soldiers? There's even a rebellion working against her (which, judging by Marcus' behavior,
probably isn't going to be the straight-up bad guys- maybe more of a Renegades type of thing?).

Anyway, is Kratos in there yet? I'll also be using him and Jade if I can.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 am
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 am
Evilweirdo 0

Going off-topic for a bit here:

Until future story stuff shows otherwise, this is what I headcanon: since it's been revealed that the world's existence goes in a cycle of death and rebirth, for some cycles, Zephyr tried to go the Mithos route and tried to engineer the creation of a vessel that just might draw out Kana's soul, but ultimately gave up on that idea when it just wouldn't work. Hence Colette apparently going on a similar pilgrimage as Kana. Not sure how Kratos' part in all that would go. Maybe this incarnation is just an ordinary mercenary who doesn't really know all the better.

As for the subject at hand:

I was thinking the same. Minister Gefion seems so obviously ominous that I would be surprised if she doesn't turn out to be some kind of antagonist after all. And I can't wait to find out what exactly the Salvation Front's deal is.

Kratos doesn't seem to be in there yet, but word on the subreddit is that there's an upcoming event to recruit Jade and Tear? Not sure how true that is.  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 am
Azura Cantarella

I think the Jade event has happened previously in the JP version.

On an unrelated note, those Friend Points just keep on rolling in! This is good, because I'm saving up 2000 of the normal summoning currency so that I can get some fashion up in here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:49 pm
Evilweirdo 0
Azura Cantarella
I think the Jade event has happened previously in the JP version.

On an unrelated note, those Friend Points just keep on rolling in! This is good, because I'm saving up 2000 of the normal summoning currency so that I can get some fashion up in here.

They say the Jade + Tear event should be coming in a few weeks, so that's what I'm saving my gems for. Definitely gunning for Jade's alternate Mirrage Arte. biggrin Thank goodness the game passes out free Mirrage Artes to work with.

Yeah, friend points are greeeeeeaat. They help me fulfill the daily "summon 3x" contract. I did a multi-roll recently and got a 4-star weapon for Sorey...although I don't actually have Sorey in my party yet. xd

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 am
I am currently somewhat stuck since I can't get any better weapons and I can't really gain levels until my party gets stronger  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 pm
ShadeKyubi
I am currently somewhat stuck since I can't get any better weapons and I can't really gain levels until my party gets stronger

Have you done the discounted first single pulls on all the Mirrogem summons? It's worth doing to at least turn up some new arte weapons for Ix and Mileena. And then you can grind the Chiral Crystal quest on Easy for Gald and level-up materials for the weapons, as well as EXP.

Having done that, I find the game still doable with just 1-2 artes on the other characters as long as you mind the Anima Sync on the quests and level up your weapons. But if you still want more weapons for your party then I'd say it's worth doing a multi-pull on the Mirrogem summons once you collect 2000.

As for myself, I'm saving up my Mirrogems to be super extra prepared for when the Jade/Tear event and summon turns up. xd

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:29 am
Azura Cantarella
Have you done the discounted first single pulls on all the Mirrogem summons? It's worth doing to at least turn up some new arte weapons for Ix and Mileena. And then you can grind the Chiral Crystal quest on Easy for Gald and level-up materials for the weapons, as well as EXP.

Having done that, I find the game still doable with just 1-2 artes on the other characters as long as you mind the Anima Sync on the quests and level up your weapons. But if you still want more weapons for your party then I'd say it's worth doing a multi-pull on the Mirrogem summons once you collect 2000.

As for myself, I'm saving up my Mirrogems to be super extra prepared for when the Jade/Tear event and summon turns up. xd

Those were the first things I did, thankfully I got what I needed with those 1,000 free gems and we've even been doing level 5,000 quests,

I think I'll mostly stick with the first 4 chars but I'm happy to have Mikleo

Edit: I got Leviathan's Edge cat_smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm
I was away in Canada for a little over a week. I hope I can get Edna in time!

How are the event stages for you guys? Too hard? Easy? Normal?  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:19 pm
Evilweirdo 0
I was away in Canada for a little over a week. I hope I can get Edna in time!

How are the event stages for you guys? Too hard? Easy? Normal?

I found most of them fairly easy, some are a real pain though [in one you have to take on 3 bosses at once!]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 am
The Jade approacheth!  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:57 pm
Evilweirdo 0
The Jade approacheth!

You probably have seen already but

I MANAGED TO GET HIS SPECIAL MIRRAGE IN MY FIRST TICKET PULL YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Now I'm trying to get his 4★ weapons but...I haven't exactly been disciplined with my Mirrogem management. lol I went ahead and pulled on past banners that had 4★ guarantees because I was kinda impatient and wanted to fill out artes for all my other party members.

I hope to be able to do a couple more multi-pulls.

The Tales Series Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff