Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:03 am
User Image

Ayira had finally made the move from the aerie to the pride, keeping her pseudonym but adjusting her fur accordingly. It had been surprisingly easy to integrate, but she had spent years watching from her place at the head of the local kettle. Especially in a pride as large as this one, if you looked the part and like you knew what you were doing, nobody would question you. She could have been any lioness looking for a change of pace with a new hunting group, or admiring the warriors as they practiced on the training grounds, or keeping up with the current gossip. Twice she had crossed paths with Adeyemi, but he hadn't noticed her. If it had been Adanna, the game would be over.

As if challenging her estranged daughter to find her, 'Amaka' was lurking near the Hongshan Quarter-- though she faced out toward the training grounds. She hadn't fought yet, and she didn't plan to.. but it was a tempting idea. Very tempting.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm
[I decided to keep Tapana out of this one for now. She can meet Ayira later! :3]

"You look as if you are seeking someone," a voice struck out from a short distance away. A female guard, rogue-born and god-born both, who had stuck behind instead of venturing out into the rogue lands. Her place was here, she knew, not out there. She'd seen all she needed to of the outside world and, though the Firekin did not know of her talents - or appreciate them, even if they did - she had felt compelled to stay.

She'd never much liked attention, anyway.

"I'm not Hongshan myself, but I have a friend I was seeking - except it seems she is not at her den or at the training grounds which...is rather unlike her." She shook her head and stepped closer. "I always thought it odd, how love changes a person."

She blinked from her thought and offered the female a tame smile. "I am Shaak. I do not believe we have met." Shaak was a calm individual, almost subdued in her manner. Still, there was nothing better than getting to know more of her adopted kin.

Ecavi

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Ayira turned at the sound of the voice and found herself faced with an interesting but unassuming lioness. She was outwardly friendly, and surprisingly social for the lions that the disguised goddess had met so far. She hadn't had much conversation she didn't strike up herself yet.

"I was hoping to see an old friend here today, but it looks like she's out for the day," she replied, offering her own excuse for lingering, "Love isn't all that changes someone."

She wondered how war and slavery had changed her children. How the loss of their father and sister, the disappearance of their mother had affected them.. but it was clear that the Hongshan had survived and were thriving once again. They had moved on and adapted to a new life. If Ayira ever doubted her decision to involve herself with them, she had been proven wrong.

"My name is Amaka," she added with a grin, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Shaak."

Kimaria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:58 am
"Sounds like you speak from experience," Shaak offered, pausing a moment before taking a seat. She didn't mind a good conversation and though she was generally placid and quiet, conversing with others was something the guard treasured. Out on patrol one was faced with solitude and quiet. Back home, things were a little more lively. "Life is all about how we deal with hardship and change. The Firekin have had their fair share of that over the years and are about to face it all over again. It can be stressful and difficult, but it is necessary and we'll all be the stronger, for it."

She pondered on that a moment, then wondered how they were getting on out there, all alone in the big wide world. They'd not have much to fear, in any case. Who in their right minds would attack such a large band of lions and lionesses?

"It is nice to meet you, Amaka."

The lioness was plain, perhaps, but her pelt was striking and so very typical Firekin that Shaak wondered, perhaps, if she was of old blood. The seer still had lots to learn about that particular part of Firekin heritage.

"Since your friend is not here, do you know where he or she might be? I can accompany you a ways, if you like."

Ecavi

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Shaak's reply earned her an admiring gaze from the disguised goddess. It was not every day that Ayira found someone who looked at things this way, it was damned close to her own perspective. The only difference was that she was not typically a part of it herself, and this lioness had to live it.

"That is a very interesting outlook," she remarked, then looked back out across the training grounds thoughtfully. She did have a few ideas of where she might find Adanna, places that would increase the odds that they would cross paths.. but she was not planning to go on.

"Unfortunately, I don't know where she might be," she said, "I'm just a huntress and I don't know all of the guard patrols well enough."

She had no idea she was speaking to a guard.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:28 pm
"Perhaps not a popular one," Shaak replied, "but it should be stated, all the same. Most of the Firekin are progressive enough - I believe - to see the good that can come of it. I see it as part of my job to coerce the rest into our way of thinking," she smiled a little at that. "I don't want to see any big divisions amongst my adopted family."

Ah, this lady was in need of a guard's knowledge? Well, wasn't that a stroke of luck?

"What a coincidence. I am a guard of the Firekin and know the patrols rather well. Give me a name and I shall see if I know whether she is too far to reach by foot in a simple afternoon." Likely she was out on patrol but it could be that she was on her way back rather than heading out for the beginning of a shift.

Ecavi
Shall we assume that your Hongshan pair might have spoken with Shaak about her seer powers before today? Or would you prefer to RP that? I am cool with whatever.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 am
Ayira liked Shaak more and more as she continued to support her statement. The Firekin simultaneously embraced and feared change, it was an interesting dynamic considering their founding.. overall, it certainly seemed that the pride held the sentiment expressed by Shaak, and that was part of what drew the goddess here.

"I agree," she said, "There are many benefits to living in a pride over facing the world on your own, but they can quickly disappear. The pride is lucky there were those willing to fight for certain changes in the past, the Motoujamii might not be here otherwise."

Isolated and inbred, they would ultimately have weakened themselves. The desert was no easy place to share resources, especially among so many.. but they managed just fine.

She was taken by surprise when the other lioness suddenly said she was a guard, wondering at the twist of fate thrown her way now. She could brush off the question but it would be interesting to see what Adanna would do, knowing that Amaka was looking for her. She was a bright girl, she might know exactly what it meant.

Shaak might realize the connection between them, but she decided to go for it.

"I'm looking for Adanna," she said.

Kimaria
Go for it *u* Adanna would be more sociable and active in that stuff, Adeyemi is more of a background supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm
Yes, Shaak thought, the pride was lucky. There were certainly stubborn members amongst their ranks, but she had seen such promise in her brethren, even if there were aspects she needed to keep hidden from them.

"Ah," Shaak smiled, recognition in her eyes now, "Adanna."

She'd had a not-so-coincidental meeting with that female recently regarding certain abilities that Firekin tended not to boast about. She had an inkling as to why but had never felt the need to be openly curious about it. She wasn't alone, either, if Adanna was to be believed. There were many 'gifted' Firekin to be found if one tried hard to look. Perhaps this very female was one of them?

Shaak blinked and regarded the female a moment, "I had an interesting conversation with her not too long ago. She should be due back in the next day or so - depending on how smooth the patrol went." If her memory served her correctly, that was. "I can ask around, if you like, and send her your way when she returns."

Ecavi

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:43 am
The disguised lioness looked at Shaak intently as she reviewed her memory of the guard in question. If she guessed they were related, she didn't say anything and rather stuck to the obvious, polite suggestion. Amaka smiled at the apparent confirmation that the two lionesses knew each other, pleased to hear that some of the company her daughter kept had some sense.

"I would appreciate it, if you happen to find her before I do," she said, offering a grateful nod, "It's not an urgent matter, I'm just hoping to catch up."

She nearly let slip a hint at the true situation but kept her tone steady. It wasn't a lie to say she wanted to catch up with her children, it was simply that they would have to fight before they could talk. Adeyemi might not, but Adanna was smarter than him, and more volatile.

Kimaria
Ayira likes Shaak. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm
"Then I will do just that." Shaak confirmed with a small nod of her head.
She might not have come across Roho on her venture here, but at least she had found herself a like-minded companion in Amaka.

"And since we've both been unable to locate our resident Hongshan affiliates, how about we see if the hunting parties have been successful?" Food was not the most plentiful resource they had but their hunters and huntresses were some of the best they had.

She blinked slowly, stretched each limb in turn and started to pad off in said direction, moving slowly enough to give the other female a chance to follow if she so wished.

Ecavi
Yay! Friendships have been made! Can't wait to see what happens next xD

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 am
"Thank you," she said gratefully, still giving the lioness a curious look when she said they should go and see about finding something to eat. Her survival was not so dependent on the local food supply so she generally left it alone but she felt strangely compelled to agree. Perhaps she had been lurking in the shadows for too long. At least until Adanna found her, she could enjoy herself a little.

"That sounds lovely," she said finally, quickly catching up with Shaak.

Kimaria
Fin? *w* Can't believe Ayira has a ~friend~ !!

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games