[PRP] Study Buddies [Mihail + Kwelin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:57 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bookworms Unite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Study time... Mihail was pretty tired from the workout session they'd done shortly after moonrise, but Aligaa would not budge on the schedule they'd "worked out" (really Aligaa had decided it). Mihail, accompanied by his lusus, made their way to the Civisect library to begin their next study session. Aligaa was too big to comfortably fit inside the building, but the alligator lusus would remain outside watching the front doors to make sure Mihail at the very least did not leave this location until study time was over. Mihail was used to such close observation.

The topic of the night was going to be a particular battle that had changed military tactics in the past- but also involved some... legal implications... Aligaa thought it important to know these things. Normally Mihail would be all over it, but he was rather in the mood for a nap. Stifling a yawn, the purpleblood boy scanned the shelves, looking for the book he'd need, mostly oblivious to the presence of others in the same aisle.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:30 pm
It was a huge pain to have to come all the way out here to collect a book but it was faster than waiting for Alternia's library system to gather together a batch and send it to New Hemisect. Kwelin eyed the shelves as he searched for the specific tome he had come here for, pausing as he ran across a purpleblood yawning in the aisle he needed. Standing right in front of what he wanted. It looked like the highblood was tired, almost exhausted.

"You look bad. Tired, I mean." Kwelin observed, barely catching that his initial statement could be taken offensively. Why was socializing so difficult? He needed to make up for this slight. Pulling something out of his pocket, he offered it to Mihail.

"Here." He offered the other boy a mint. "These help keep me awake sometimes." It was a painfully strong mint but Kwelin didn't mind that. It did its job and most importantly, it wasn't obnoxiously sweet. The blueblood didn't hate sweet things but he found it childish to rely on candied sugar rushes to get some energy.

nepsah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Mihail had been staring at the same title for about a minute trying to remember if it was the book he needed when a voice drew him out of his thoughts. He blinked, slowly turning to look at the speaker. If he were more awake he might've been a little perturbed by the initial statement, but... he wasn't, so all he really reacted with was a heavy shrug. If he didn't have to respond, he wouldn't. But... then the other kid went and pulled something out of his pocket and offered it to him.

Mihail stared at it for a moment, almost suspicious, before finally reaching out to take it. Alright- he could spare a response. "Thanks." Relief... he'd gotten it out in one go. He inspected the offered treat - a mint? He supposed that wouldn't hurt. Aligaa might have discouraged him from taking food from strangers in libraries... but Aligaa wasn't there at the moment now was he? He unwrapped the mint and popped it into his mouth, then pocketed the wrapper. "Ne-needneed something?" He tried not to look too irritated at himself when he stumbled over the first word, but... surely the other kid hadn't approached him because he looked tired.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm
"You are standing in front of the book I want." Kwelin remarked, looking at the copy of 'The Economic Structure of Corporate Law' by Fraklin Ebrook and Daniel Fishel sitting on the shelf. It was just barely out of reach due to Mihail body in the way. Kwelin itched to push past and grab it but it would be rude to do such a thing, especially to a purpleblood. He wondered if the other boy's stutter was from the shock of the mint and felt kind of bad if it was. He hadn't meant to sting Mihail's tongue.

"I am studying to become a lawyer. I'm Kwelin Tourny. What is your name?" The blueblood adjusted his glasses while something squirmed inside his briefcase, a white nose popping out of a pocket. Pawpa was stirring at the sound of his child actually talking to someone. Beady eyes peered out to see who this other boy was and if he had anything worth taking.

nepsah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Mihail blinked, eyes sliding over to the shelf, then back to Kwelin. Wordlessly, he stepped back to give the other troll space to get at the book in question. That was... quite the tome. And also on his list of relevant topics to the book he was about to get as well. "Mihail Kre-Krei-, uh, Kreios." He was about to continue, but the appearance of Kwelin's lusus distracted him for a moment. He eyed the creature for a moment - rolling the mint over in his mouth, then looked back to the shelf and picked up the book he'd been seeking.

"What- what kind of lawyer...? I'm stud-study-studying, uh,.." Mihail trailed off for a moment, suddenly thinking better of what he was going to say. That was... a lot of words to try and get out clearly. Normally he wouldn't have bothered with talking at all, but... anything but reading seemed great at the moment. "--war tac-tactics." He held up the book he'd picked up. Based on the title alone, it definitely read more toward ethics and legalities. "Not as mmmuch to to tonight." He shrugged. Despite the stammering his tone was level, not at all nervous or uncomfortable.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:39 pm
"I'm going to become a prosecutor." Kwelin said with a hint of pride as he lifted his chin confidently. He was going to get there as fast as he could. The blueblood devoted a large chunk of his time to this goal and expected to get there with a stellar track record. He watched Mihail talk and wondered why he had such a prominent stammer. It seemed like it would be easy for a purpleblood to pay for some kind of help correcting that. Unless he wasn't the type to care about it which was in itself an impressively independent viewpoint of the world. Kwelin silently awarded the other boy kudos for that in his mind.

"If you're studying war tactics, I assume you're working towards your military career early. What are your goals for that? Are you searching for a training partner?" He raised an eyebrow curiously. It was interesting to meet someone who was already learning battle tactics. Kwelin knew he would have to learn how to fight for trial by combat sessions but hadn't begun his training on that yet. Pawpa tended to eat up too much time with his other interests to be able to instruct his child yet.

"If these questions are too bold, let me know. I have been told I am too... forward."

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Prosecutor... now that was a dignified job. He nodded, still rolling the mint around his tongue as he listened. "That's true. I'm-I-I'm uh, I'm shooting for tactician. For when-when we get our space fleet ba-bac-back." At this he actually cracked a hint of a grin- just at the corner of his mouth. Honestly it was anyone's guess if the career he was working toward was his own idea or Aligaa's, but either way he was dedicated to it near heart and soul. "I'm always-always, that's- always open to training partners. Variety is be- best." He nodded, then shook his head as he swallowed the mint. He could get Knetic to practice with him sometimes, but Knetic was more interested in stargazing most of the time.

"Forward is best. Wastes no time. Have, have you started training for co-com-bat trials?" Mihail tiled his head slightly as he looked the other boy over... He didn't seem particularly threatening, but looks could be deceiving he supposed.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:04 am
"I have but progress has been slow. It is hard to find sparring partners my age and willing to work with my schedule." It was impossible for Kwelin to seriously train with an older stronger troll. They would wipe the floor with him. There were a few that might be willing to pull some of their punches but in his experience, it was better to find someone on your own level to work together with. That way it didn't feel like you were wasting someone else's time.

"Venturing to space is incredibly dangerous. It's a good thing you're interested in strategy and tactics in order to protect your fleet." He commented on Mihail's dream while thinking over it. The blueblood did not understand the allure of space travel but that didn't mean he found it a waste of time for others to pursue. He simply had other goals himself. Tapping his fingers on the spine of the book he had grabbed, the scholar seemed to be thinking over an idea carefully.

"I feel I could learn a lot from you. I have a proposal for you. Would you consider training together with me to strengthen our combat abilities?" Kwelin's vocabulary was peppered with stiff formal language and words but he could not help it. He enjoyed reading lengthy tomes with difficult words and liked using them when he could. He was definitely a show off and overachiever.

He adjusted his glasses and watched Mihail's body language while listening to the other boy's answer.

nepsah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 am

Mihail nodded, he knew that struggle all too well. Finding time to do something that was supposed to be part of his training was hard enough, anything that seemed "extra" was usually out of the question. "Dan-dangerous but need-need-needed. Just, just uh like, lawyers." He shrugged, leaving it at that. He had a multitude of reasons for why it was needed, but... that meant more talking, which meant more struggling to get the words out. So far Kwelin had't made any comments, but he assumed they would come in time. They always seemed to.

The request actually earned a bit of a grin out of him. "That- that sounds good. It'd be- it'd be ben...ben-uh, beneficial." He paused, thinking, mentally running through his schedule for the next while... there was space, and he was sure he could get Aligaa to move some things around. Kwelin was a blueblood and going into law, that would surely work in his favor... "When- I mean, what-what times are you op-open?" For this, he motioned to a nearby table, then started walking for it. He set the book that he was holding down, then fished around in one of his pockets to pull out a small calendar booklet.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 am
"I am available early in the evening or late before morning. I am open to the possibility of hosting you at my apartment if exercises run late." It would not be as comfortable as the purpleblood's own home but he felt he could offer something decent enough as a blueblood. As long as Mihail didn't wander into Pawpa's messy room crammed full of toys and other assorted useless items. Kwelin pulled a nightly planner out of his briefcase and scanned over it for potential session times.

"Do any of these nights work for you? I have chunks of time available on Tuesday evenings, Wednesday mornings and Thursday after dinner." The weekends were usually booked with whatever nonsense Philip wanted him to see lately. It was strange how the orangeblood had simply taken over parts of his weekend without him noticing. Kwelin wasn't sure how to feel about that.

"One more question, Mihail. Do you already have a physician? For training." He had been referred to one already by Philip and wanted to make sure the highblood had someone to oversee his health as well. You could never be too careful when your body was your livelihood.

nepsah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm

He flipped through the booklet, scanning the neatly written agenda for any open time that he could reason with Aligaa to use. Glancing over to Kwelin's schedule, then back at his own, he nodded. "Tue-twuh-Tuesday evenings works best. For me." He just had to... convince Aligaa that the reading session he currently had scheduled in that time slot could be moved somewhere else. Or done away with altogether. "I-I, uh, I don't think that- that Aligaa would mm-mmmind me staying if things go la-late, after. Uh, After a few sessions." If he were more talkative he'd explain that his lusus was... extremely overprotective, but he wasn't, so Kwelin would just have to parse that out for himself.

The next question earned a shake of his head. "Nn-no, not currently. It ha-hasn't been uh, ne-ne-necess--needed." Frustration began to show on his face as he struggled with the long word, eventually giving up and moving to something less complicated. Honestly... this was the most he'd spoken to anyone not Knetic in a long time. "Why?"

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm
Kwelin regarded Mihail with a raised eyebrow. He hadn't mentioned the stutter but he was starting to wonder how frustrating it had to be to live with one. It would be rude to ask on their first meeting though and so he purposefully shelved that topic. Pulling one of his business cards out of his pocket, he flipped it over and began to scrawl some information on the back of it. That way Mihail would have both Kwelin's information and his doctor's.

"As we train further, having a primary care doctor will be beneficial. For injuries and for monitoring our progress." He tucked the card directly into the purpleblood's hand. "I want us to be at our peak condition if we're going to do this." It was clear that Kwelin was a 100% or 0% kind of person in everything he did.

"I will personally greet Aligaa to dissuade any concerns or fears if it would help." Not that he was keen to invite Mihail over for a slumber party right away but it was important to get the other lusus on board for this. He really needed a training partner. The other friends he had were not exactly prioritizing combat experience as they had other goals to accomplish.

"Any questions?"

nepsah
kwelin has given mihail the address and contact number for flydra's clinic, the happy harbor clinic! also his own contact info too

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Mihail took the card, inspecting both sides once it was fully his. He wasn't familiar with the clinic mentioned, but if it was good enough for a blueblood it would likely be good enough for a purpleblood - the difference in their castes was not that great, after all. "Good point." He nodded, then carefully tucked the card into his agenda before carefully tearing out a piece of paper to write his own contact information down on. He then tucked the agenda back into its proper place before handing the paper to Kwelin. "I ag-agree, peak is the only op-uh-option. Have you se-seen this- this uh, doctor before?" He'd need to tell Aligaa it wasn't just some random doctor that Kwelin had recommended without even seeing first. Not that Kwelin seemed the sort to recommend professionals without first testing them - he seemed serious, which Mihail appreciated.. It was just good to have verbal confirmation before attempting to smooth-talk Aligaa.

"He--he'll uh, app--appuh-appreciate it. He watches." There was more to be said there but honestly he was getting tired of speaking already. "Do. Uh, do you sign?" He was learning how still, but it was a lot easier to communicate that way instead of using his voice.

Yamashii
noiiiice!!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out