View Results

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Howdy all, I am glad to be here. There was slight chance that I would not have been here...you see I took a 226 mile journey into the state next door. The possible loss of life could have come from anyone of the numerous times other people almost ran into me or ran me off the rode. Some people think the speed limit is just too slow and if you are like me who only does 5 mph over the limit, then we are in their way. It was not a fun trip. My father wanted some of his possessions from his home and so I took him to his home to get them. One of his possessions is his car a blue 2002 Porche Boxter.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm
The week you wrote this was my birthday. I almost got dumped by a lyft driver who couldn't figure out directions(I walked 2 miles back to where I was staying), I cut my finger tip off with my sujhiki, and a bunch of other things that I will absolutely not talk about happened that were horrible. It was in Florida, so getting run off the road probably happened and I didn't even notice.
I do drive like you, but after seeing a couple dozen people killed in an accident you generally stop paying any mind to aggressive drivers and just slow down. I think I saw someone killed in a car accident every week I lived in Miami. One time the car in front of me went through the pink(red) light and got T-boned into a light post by a car trying to jump the light from the wrong lane. Of the four people in the cars only one got out, dazed and bleeding out of his ears.
Anyway, defensive driving is always the solution. Just disdain and move away from drivers who are making problems, cruise control and picking a lane have always been my friend on long road trips.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 am
Thank you for reminding me that no matter how bad we have it there is always someone who has it worse. I do feel your pain and am sorry that you had these experiences but glad to see you are still here with us and am hopeful that you experience many good things in life too. As for the other drivers on the road, I do try to stay out of their way.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm
One just has to wonder who taught them to drive.  

LimeyFish8

Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff