[PRP] Summer days (Camila & Kaleb) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:23 am
    Camila was... doing... better? Sort of. She was trying to recoup after the incident with Ezra, snd she looked a little different for it, carried herself differently, had her hair trimmed from the fire and wore a long sundress to cover the burn on her thigh.

Today she was armed in the park with... a sunhat, a hair of binoculars, and...? A bird book. She was briding in the park like a normal outdoorsy person, except all the park had to offer was pigeons and mourning doves and the occasional robin. Still, it didn't seem to be getting her down.

"Oh my gosh," She whispered to herself as a robin came into view, it's gait bouncy as it hopped hopped--stopped, looked around, hopped, hopped... "You're gonna find those worms little guy, I know it..."

She was so intent in her watching, she didn't even notice the young man she'd gone and bumped into, oops....

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 am
To be fair, Kaleb had also sort of bumped into the girl himself. Turning the corner, already thinking about other things, he hadn't anticipated finding someone already right there.

"Ah, sorry!" he squeaked, cheeks already beginning to flush from embarrassment. "I didn't see you there-" Kaleb paused and blinked. Then he smiled sheepishly. "You're Temperance's friend, right? Are you okay?"

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:19 pm
    Mila spun around, mostly to keep her assortment of... stuff from clattering to the ground. It was graceless, but she managed, her book secure under her arm, her binoculars in hand, her glasses still on her face...

"Temperance's friend??" She looked over with wide wild eyes, but then she seemed to relaxed, "Yes! That's me. I'm definitely her friend." She thought so anyway, "That must mean you're one of Temperance's friends too!...or just very observant. Or you just happen to know her, I suppose..." Mila tapped her chin, but then perked up, "Oh! Sorry, sorry. I'm Camila, but you can call me Mila. It's nice to—" She stopped with a sudden look of realization, something a little more somber, "To— To... Oh... Ohhh, you recognized me from... that night... didn't you?" Her smile turned apologetic, "Gosh, that sure was something..."

It seemed like she was trying her best to put it out of her mind.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 pm
Kaleb nodded lightly as the friendly girl rambled on, touching on one possibility and then another before finally pinpointing the place he recognized her from. It reminded him of a hummingbird in a way, flitting around here and there.

"Yes, it was... definitely something," he replied with a sheepish and lopsided smile, both able to see and understand her reluctance in that matter. The events that took place in the Court were not a thing he wanted to dwell on either.

"It's nice to meet you, officially and all," the teen said quickly, not leaving much room for contemplation of that night. "I'm Kaleb. Are you holding up okay since all that?"

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:06 pm
    "Kaleb!" She smiled warmly, "What a nice name! It really is a joy to meet you." Mila wasn't lacking in her energy at least, not today. "I'm doing dandy! Oh, y'know, it's definitely not easy, but I can't really dwell on it or I just won't get anywhere."

She sighed.

"It's just crazy! I think I just still can't believe it happened." Well that was a 180. "I'm just glad everyone's okay, you know? At least... mostly... I'm sure there's probably a whole slew of psychological kinks everyone has to work out. I sure know I am." She was still smiling though, "But life goes on. Everyone really was incredible though, it... it was almost like a video game!" Mila "Everyone was so fearless... I couldn't even imagine what would possess anyone to throw themselves into the fire like that. Literally!"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:55 pm
It was a good thing Kaleb was a quiet kid to begin with, it didn't bother him in the slightest that Mila was doing more than enough talking for the both of them. It was nice to be able to listen sometimes.

"People were really brave," he agreed quietly, not quite sure if he should correct her on the whole fearless thing. He had certainly been terrified the whole time, but then again, he hadn't been running up and punching the Burning Man. "I think they all look out for each other though. It's easier to act strong when you are around people that are important to you."

Kaleb nudged his glasses up on his nose, again smiling sheepishly. "I'm really glad most magic stuff isn't as scary as that. I don't think I would have lasted this long if we had that sort of danger on a regular basis."

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 pm
    "Is it really so uncommon?" Mila shifted around until her backpack fell off of one of her shoulders, the satchel swinging around as she tried to pocket all her birding material. There wasn't much much she could do with that stuff if she was going to engage in idle conversation, and it was a lot of stuff to hold onto for irrelevant small talk. "Temperance made it sound like these bad things happened so often... but I guess it depends on the who and the where and the why..."

She sighed.

"Society does make it sound so scary though. I didn't want to believe it after I went to the, the um—" She struggled for the word, "The um, weird alternate universe Ashdown, but... Oh I dunno." Her backpack was secured onto both shoulders again. "I didn't really realize so many people here were magical though. It's neat that you all have a little community almost!" She managed a small for Kaleb, if only because he had smiled back, "I'd still like to learn I think, but I have so much going on in my own life... it might not be super smart to get involved with stuff like. Like that."

Mila shook her head. "I guess that's neither here nor there. So, Kaleb, what kinda fancy stuff can you do?"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:14 pm
Kaleb wasn't entirely sure how to reply to that question, especially considering how afraid he had been at the beginning of his own magical adventures... and how scared he still was at times. He watched as she began tucking away all the items she had been juggling, thinking she was already a braver person than he was.

"It's... ah... someone told me once that magic was like a knife, not good or bad in itself, just a tool that could be used for many different things. You just have to be careful when you use it." Her smile triggered a little feedback loop in which Kaleb just had to smile again. "I can sorta feel magic when it's nearby, and some of it is just really beautiful. The stuff that's used for good, like how Temperance heals people."

He wished Mila could sense it too, some of those amazing things.

"I was also told that if you've been to the other side, you've got magic in you already. I didn't really believe it at first, but now if I end up over there, I just use the time to practice what I've learned." He didn't want to scare her by saying she might not have a choice when it came to getting involved, but at least he could offer a positive side.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:24 am
    "Oooh, that's a really good way to put it." She nodded, "So having magic... magic itself doesn't really have any morals, it's more up to the people with the potential to use it. Still, it seems like such an easily abused thing..." She sighed, "But I guess the same could be said for so many other things too!"

"Anyway, Temperance said the same thing. Like... like how me being on the other side meant I couldn't really step out. I guess it's not so bad, but I still can't help but feel... like..." She made a vague hand motion, "Well! I don't know anything about magic or casting magic myself, y'know?" Mila gave a quick glance around the two of them. The park had some patrons, but no one seemed too keen on their conversation. "I guess I managed to scry that one time, but..." She shrugged. "Feeling magic though, that's neat! I tell you, I sure didn't feel anything..."

Mila seemed to be considering her thoughts.

"So usually when I end up over there, it's in my dreams. But the last time with the whole... thing, I was there physically. I guess Temperance was pretty physical too—are there easy ways to get over there?"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm
Another little nod and smile from Kaleb. "Yeah, that's why we were all getting together to do that magic, to reduce the potential for abuse. The people who came before us all did some... really messed up stuff... At least, that's what I've heard."

Mila was like a mirror to his own experiences, the path was the same even though the specifics were different. The dreams, the crazy induction to magic, the feeling of just not knowing anything, his own recollections of those times were still fresh. As new as he was, he wanted to help.

"Some people have an easier time, I saw a magic cat that was really good at finding a way in and out. Even though I can feel the doorways now when I'm close to one, I would still have to search blindly at first. I bet there are some people who can summon portals though..." He couldn't feel any magic around him at the moment, let alone the distinctive lack of space that was a doorway to the other side. "If you ever want to try going over and trying some things, I could probably help you find a way there and back... Especially over the summer, I really don't have anywhere I need to be..."

Did he just shyly offer to accompany her?

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 pm
    Mila already had her phone out. When the hell had she gotten her phone out? "Here's my number!" She chirped without wasting a second, "I would like, love that! I wanna go over there more like this, just so I can see what it's like." She was beaming, "Even whenever I went over there for the last thing, I could totally tell it was a different place. My body felt way lighter—I mean, I don't have asthma or any sorts of weird respiratory problems, but I really felt like I could breathe on that side."

Mila was beside herself with excited wiggling. Mila stop. "I wonder if there's something only I can do..." She was tapping her chin curiously, "Ah, well, that's fine. I guess I just have to learn. Maybe if everyone works together, stuff like that with the burning guy won't have to happen again!" It was a nice thought.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm
Kaleb was certainly a bright kid, but the speed in which Mila had her phone out and was all gung-ho for minor adventures left him speechless. It only took him one reading to memorize the number she offered, but he wasn't about to go through the fumbling and searching and tedious screen-poking that putting in her contact information involved. He would do that on his own time.

"Let me know when you are ready for my number," he finally squeaked shyly, fixing his glasses once again. It was hard for him to know what to do in the face of her sudden enthusiasm. Mila had seemed so uncertain at first, and now she probably would have marched through the first portal she found if she were capable of finding them on her own. It was kind of incredible.

"If you'd like... I could show you some of the things I've learned. It's not much, and it might not be your own unique skill, but it might give you somewhere to start," he offered, meeting her exuberance with equal amounts of meekness.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm
    The thing about Mila was there just wasn't the time for uncertainty. She didn't really have the healthiest sense of self preservation either, which was made abundantly clear with how quickly her opinions seemed to flip flop. That, or she was just highly agreeable about possibly life threatening things. "Ready whenever!"

After plugging his number in, the phone vanished again into the nether-portal of her shirt. "Sure, if you have the time! I wasn't really getting anywhere with my birding, so..." She scuffed the ground, "But only if you promise that it's not scary stuff! I'm tired of scary dangerous stuff. If it's cool and flashy and cute though then that's fine. Maybe I could learn a thing or two..."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:56 pm
Kaleb didn't think he knew anything that was cute or cool or flashy, but it certainly wasn't scary magic either. That would have to do.

"I promise I've got no scary magic," he said with a smile, "and maybe we can find one of the quiet gardens that isn't scary either. There's lots of really peaceful places over there."

When he realized Mila might be interested in going to see magic now, Kaleb paused for a minute to scan the area around them again. Often his ability to feel magic was clearer if he was specifically paying attention to it, but there was still nothing in the area.

"If you want to go now, I'd have to walk a bit to find a portal. But you said you were birding? We could go somewhere where there are birds, and then it wouldn't be a waste of time if I couldn't find anything..." If possible, Kaleb seemed even more timid as he offered the suggestion, hoping Mila wouldn't be too disappointed with how lucky he had to get when it came to finding portals.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:09 pm
    "Sure!" Mila practically chirped, "I do like birds a lot, so that's fine. So long as we don't go anywhere close to the State forest..." She didn't really elaborate why.

"I'll let you lead the way! You have a lot more exposure to this magic stuff than I do, and you're the one looking for the portal, so..." She kicked at the ground, "I'm free all afternoon though. Oh! And if you get hungry, I have—" She reached into her backpack, "—Granola bars! This one is peanut butter and cashew and this one is mixed berry and this one is real good, it's got dried cranberry in it. Who doesn't like cranberry?" She looked to Kaleb as if expecting him to say 'me, I don't' so she could respond 'well that's just silly!'

"We're gonna have fun! But I'm warning you! If anything bad happens, I'm runnin'."

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces