Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 am
mechanics
In these RPs the goal is to fast-forward something in order to see a desired result more quickly, OR to rewind it in order to return it to a desired previous state. Eve has put out a call for testing volunteers on the listserv, so you can assume they've set up a meeting if your character has decided to volunteer.

Post a mini-scene with a bolded title bringing the item, and after Eve's reply to instruct on and help set up the spell, roll a d4 to determine the outcome. After that you can try again as many times as you like... or until your character gives up. The scene doesn't need to end in a success. ;D

1- Not quite! It worked, but only part-way.
2- It worked, but on the wrong item!
3- Success!
4- Too far! The result was more extreme than intended.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm
bbyface

Most would probably not recognize the man that was knocking on the Fitzpatrick-Townhome household door. The silver-hair might have given away who it was, especially with the height, but the lack of beard would make most pause. Especially when they looked at his face and realized that he looked more like he was in his thirties than the age he actually was.

Jeremiah Mercer, sans his beard, was only recognizable because of his hair color and eyes. He also looked vaguely disconcerted.

The reason why was obvious since he was entirely cleanshaven.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm
fix-it-up

On another day, after contacting Eve about her message on the listserv, it was Nasir showing up. He had a bag over his shoulder and fidgeted with the feathered barrette that was in his hair. At least he had made it over here without running into too many people.

He glanced down at the symbol still on his hand before he raised it to knock.

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm
bbyface

"Hard morning, Chief?" Eve asked upon answering the door. She couldn't help teasing a little before waving him in.

There was a curious smell in the house. Not unpleasant. But definitely out of place.

fix-it-up

Eve let Nasir in with a welcoming smile. Part of her was hoping this appointment meant more baked goods in the near future.

"What did you bring," she asked.

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm
bby face

The smell was ... different and not one he was exactly familiar with being part of this household. It had Jeremiah blinking a few times before he glanced to Eve and sighed.

"You could say that. My husband won't look at me with a straight face at the moment," said Jeremiah as he stepped inside, following along. "Grabbed Alg's shaver by accident, had to just ... shave it all off."

fix-it-up

"Uh ... besides some tarts? Some other things that you requested? Just to help out." Nasir had bones, some ... eggshells that Trouble may or may not have been responsible for and other assorted things.

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:56 pm
bbyface

Eve was having trouble keeping a straight face herself. "I hope that means you're here to volunteer," she said. She was already arranging things on the coffee table (the dining table had gotten a bit overcrowded). "Could fix you up before you need to be back at work."

fix-it-up

"Hadn't thought of eggshells..." she mused, uncertain. Nonetheless, she accepted the items, and found a place for them on the table. "Thank you, dear."

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm
bbyface

"It's either volunteer or deal with Algie calling me nicknames I'd rather never hear," he said with sigh, raising a hand to rub at his smooth jaw and frowning. "I was planning on assisting, I just hadn't planned on it being me."

There might have been a slight wide-eye look on his face that briefly there. If only because of the idea of work. Jeremiah just followed Eve's lead, trying to not think about work and looking like he was in his thirties.

fix-it-up

"I hadn't either really ..." admitted Nasir. "Trouble kept bringing them and saying something about fixing things? I think he feels bad for the nests he got into before he was my familiar."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 am
Help me help you

Mila was pretty warmed up to the idea of magic, but the fact of the matter was—no matter how much people told her she was apparently capable of casting—she was still a novice. In fact, she was probably more novice than the actual novice, because she was pretty sure even a novice was further along the line than she was! Probably. She didn't know! That was part of the problem.

So hearing about a local time witch in need of apt experiments, Mila made her way over with... a pathetic, shriveled thing of a plant.

"I just—usually I'm so much better about taking care of plants! But I guess I forgot to water him, or maybe I watered him too much..." She placed a finger under one of the wilting leaves, "Anyway um, thank you for meeting with me! It was Eve, right? I'm Camila." They'd introduced one another over email, but it didn't feel as personal. "We could hypothetically um, reverse this, right? It's not dead, but..." It looked pretty bad...

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am
bbyface

The witch was already at work drawing a spell out on a piece of expensive stationery with a calligraphy brush. It looked quite different from the time freezing spell she'd copied from Renard -- Eve had decided to transition over to her own symbology some time ago.

"Since your problem just started today, this should be simple," she was saying, while she pricked a finger and closed off her circle with a smear of blood. "Just focus on what you want fixed and put your hand here. It's set to advance a week."

fix-it-up

Eve smirked a bit. "Brings back memories of when I could be a fox," she said. "Leila wouldn't let me in the backyard during the full moon."

Help me help you

"I've had bad luck with whole living bodies," Eve admitted as she looked at the sad state of the plant she'd been brought. "They're tricky, but we can try. This is a kind of nightshade, right?"

azuredreams

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:35 pm
Help me help you

Mila drooped a little, "Well, that's okay. It's worth a shot anyway, right? I guess worst comes to worst I can just buy a new one..." She looked at the plant, but then immediately perked her attention back over to Eve, "Y-Yes! How did you know? I mean, it's just a tomato plant..." She frowned at it again.

"Anyway! Where do we begin?"

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm
Help me help you

"I like plants," Eve answered. "They can feed you, they can heal you... and they have complex symbology, good for magic. For example, moonwort." She retrieved a plant with large flat seed pods and purple four-petaled flowers from her ever-growing collection. "In floriography, it can stand for forgetfulness. It's a fine place to start, I'd say."

Then there were a few more questions: what was Mila's star sign; how long ago did the plant last appear healthy. Eve used the information to draw a spell circle around the plant, using a zodiac sign and a moon phase to denote the desired month and day. She colored the moon red with a drop of blood from her fingertip.

"Visualize the healthy plant on that day," she instructed. "And crack open the seed pod over it. Focus on making the plant forget about its declining health."

melancholis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am
Accidentally Coincidental

After noticing the listserv post, Kaleb had been almost absentmindedly collecting items that might be useful. Instead of admiring and tossing back the shells he found on the beach, they went into his bag. A couple shiny stones as well, pale quartz that had been perfectly rounded by years of waves at the beach. The biggest prize was a few large fish vertebrae, picked clean by avian scavengers.

He had arranged to drop everything off one evening, but when he actually showed up at the ladies' residence he looked a little worse for wear. Although he dutifully carried the canvas bag with the treasures, his clothing was scuffed worse than usual, he had an angry scratch on one cheekbone, and one side of his glasses was scratched and cracked.  

Grey Dragon

Melancholies rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 pm
Help me help you

Mila watched, absolutely entranced as Eve set about the workings of her spell. It was like when they remade the charter, but on a lesser playing field, and yet she was just as intrigued. Could she do magic like this too? Temperance's words were fresh in her head—she was magic, she was capable of magic—she just had to believe in it.

Taking a deep breath, Mila held her eyes closed and cracked open the seed pod. She could remember it like it was yesterday really; or maybe it was dumb luck that she was able to recall the image so clearly, but whatever magic that was at work here... well, it worked. There was a sudden rush as the power took hold, and then—

And then there was the tomato plant, a little shorter, but much greener.

"Oh my gosh!!" Mila looked elated, "Eve look! Look it worked!"
cibarium

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm
Help me help you

Eve grinned proudly. "Would you look at that," she said. "First try. Looks like you have some natural talent."

Accidentally Coincidental

Kaleb got a cup of tea as Eve appraised the items: the shells and bones were placed with the others she'd gathered, and the quartz pieces were put in a small bowl so she could decide how they could be used later.

"Want to try fixing those up while you're here?" she asked, tapping the side of her own face. She'd noticed the glasses.

melancholies

grey dragon

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:15 pm
Help me help you

"You think so? Oh gosh, no no no no no—" Mila shook her head rapidly, "It's only thanks to you! You set it up and got everything ready and I have no idea where to even begin with half of that." She motioned to the exhumed ritual space before oogling her now healthy plant, "It was so amazing! Is it okay if you teach me other stuff sometime too?"

cibarium
can prolly wrap this on ur post!

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas