The Moment: Nevermore's Remodeling [Please Read]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weeamoo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 pm
A Closing to the Witch Invasion Arc, and an Introduction to a New World...

As many of you may know, the Witches were a race of alchemists driven to extinction long ago. After being dead for millennia, they found a way to return to Terra with the single goal of making the world pay for allowing their destruction. Fae, humans, demons, Carmillion, Eldrin, Abelid... There was no discrimination, no mercy. It was everyone's problem, everyone's fault they were wiped off the map. The Sky Platform, the floating island above the Dead Forest was, however, was shown more brutality, the new form of undead believing the dragons and dragon-kin were the most responsible. The entire continent, the entire world felt their wrath and has been permanently altered by the Witches' actions. Using their combined power, a massive incantation was completed, one they believed would destroy the world. That didn't happen. There was...an unexpected interference.

When the Witches came back, a small rift was torn between Terra and another world as a means to achieve the higher level of magic of which they were capable. This tear went unnoticed save for a few side effects around Yainder: the different flavor of the Witches' mana, people who didn't belong... It wasn't until the vengeful group of magic-users attempted the complete destruction of the world that the new connection between Earth and Terra became wholly apparent.

Most things immediately caught in the light the spell emitted were indeed destroyed, including the Witches themselves and the enemies who tried to stop them. Between its casting and completion, however, it was changed.
As it altered, so did Yainder. Although the reason behind this has neither been confirmed or denied, many believe that it was the work of the ancient beings entrusted with the protection of Terra. That's the most popular theory, though no one can be sure of how it really happened. The next biggest speculation is that this may have been the will of the Witches in the first place, not destruction but another form of revenge entirely. How isn't important. Everyone is living with the consequences. The rift between the two worlds was widened, and Earth and Terra's continent of Yainder became one.

The merging of the worlds came about with the addition of the Kingdoms and Unexplored Region of Yainder to our modern Earth. In a blast of light, new places emerged, magic-users, people with powers, and monsters appeared.
The fae-run kingdom of Carmillion now sits in a rural area of Japan not far from Tokyo. Eldrin, the industrial kingdom favored by demons, appeared on the southern border of England. Abelid and the Desert found itself right at home on the coast of the Persian Gulf, somewhere between Kuwait and Bahrain. Yuki-no-Okoku and the Snowy Mountains settled down in the mountains of Japan, bringing along with it an eternal winter. The Sky Platform now floats over the Earth at a creeping pace, seemingly following a kind of orbit. With the modern media of Earth, some kingdoms that were once hidden within the Unexplored Region are now being brought into the light to those from Yainder. For the most part, the terraforming and the inclusion of these new places happened seamlessly and did no damage to the people that lived in either Earth or Yainder. What caused the damage was the introduction of different species in a new environment.

The level of technology on Earth threw the surviving Terrans and its Kingdoms for a loop while the monsters that inhabited the fantasy world began to realize there were new places in which they can wreak havoc.
It had taken a few days even for the humanoid races to find out that no one planned on any kind of conquest and communication between the Kingdoms and countries was formed. The merging of the two worlds had began to be called "The Moment." It's affected both Earth and Yainder in many ways, but everyone's trying to adjust.

The Moment serves as the closing of our Witch Invasion Arc and turns our Guild Nevermore: A Tale of Knights into a modern fantasy that takes place on Earth. The Forums will be getting an update to match this as well as parts of the Lore and World Book. The Crew would love to answer any questions you have or discuss the changes that this may bring about in the posts below. Thanks so much, everyone, and we hope you'll have fun with the new state of things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 pm
There are a few things I'd personally like to make clear:
1. RPing will start back up in-story three months after The Moment. Has your character hidden away to join the socities of Earth, trying to get accustomed to the boost in tech? If you'd like to edit your profiles at all and add what's happened between then and now in your History or possibly add new spells if they've been working on their magic, go ahead and post it with the edits in Profile Submission, and I'll look it over^w^
2. I've been considering increasing the character max to four for anyone who may want to make an Earthling.
3. Make sure to check out the updated setting, etc, etc...It'll hold a lot of new/interesting information for how things have been going.

Please ask questions if you have any^w^ We saw this as a good opportunity to begin RPing once again after our in-active Members were removed to give characters who were paired-up a chance of not being stuck because of missing characters. Please have patience with us as we move things around in the Forums.

Weeamoo
Captain

Johto Crisp
Crew

Fashionable Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm
Hmm...this makes me wonder if I should delete one of my current characters and replace them with Natalia. She's becoming less of an NPC and more of a regular character.
I could just fill out a normal profile for her and add her if we up the character limit, but...am I the only one with three? eek Oh no. I'm so greedy. crying

Long story short, a character increase would be beneficial for me as I would not have to delete any of my current characters to add Nat. Otherwise, Shien or Nashta are on the chopping block. wahmbulance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:02 pm
Johto Crisp
Hmm...this makes me wonder if I should delete one of my current characters and replace them with Natalia. She's becoming less of an NPC and more of a regular character.
I could just fill out a normal profile for her and add her if we up the character limit, but...am I the only one with three? eek Oh no. I'm so greedy. crying

Long story short, a character increase would be beneficial for me as I would not have to delete any of my current characters to add Nat. Otherwise, Shien or Nashta are on the chopping block. wahmbulance

Haha xD Can't get rid of Ellie and Cesar, can you? lol I was thinking of making a new character a while ago that would put me at max and honestly almost finished his profile. Haha, then this came up, and now I wanna make an Earthling ^^;
Either way, if you could help update some of the Lore and World Book for this, that'd be a huge help TT^TT
PLEASE

Weeamoo
Captain

DaMetaEX

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 am
well this EVENT will help with starting Niraya on her jurney to find what is missing in her life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:56 pm
I like this idea it looks dope. Kinda reminds me of a the series The Ring of Five Dragons, where a technologically advanced civilisation colonises a medieval fantasy world where magic exists.

Would the conflict be similar, a sort of "them or us" deal? Or can our characters take it in that direction?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Il Minute Man Il

Sparkly Bloodsucker

Weeamoo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:22 pm
Il Minute Man Il
I like this idea it looks dope. Kinda reminds me of a the series The Ring of Five Dragons, where a technologically advanced civilisation colonises a medieval fantasy world where magic exists.

Would the conflict be similar, a sort of "them or us" deal? Or can our characters take it in that direction?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Glad you're psyched! That series sounds pretty cool, actually! I'll have to check it out.
Your character's take on the situation can be anything, honestly. That's up to you^w^ Overall, there's peace between the kingdoms and Earth [although I'm still trying to decide on how Abelid is taking this...they're just kinda grumpy all together]. There are quite a few earthlings that may be forming a terrorist group because they blame the Terrans for the monsters and other badness that came from their world.

EDIT: lololol! I didn't see the raccoon earlier xD ohmigosh, that's hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 pm
DaMetaEX
well this EVENT will help with starting Niraya on her jurney to find what is missing in her life.

Nice! I should be starting the Subforums for Yuki no Okoku soon! Until then, you may add any edits or what-not to her profile, if you'd like. What's she been doing the three months between The Moment and where RPing will start back up, etc, etc.
The Pairings page has recently been updated, if she's still looking for a Knight.

Weeamoo
Captain

DaMetaEX

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 pm
Weeamoo
DaMetaEX

Nice! I should be starting the Subforums for Yuki no Okoku soon! Until then, you may add any edits or what-not to her profile, if you'd like. What's she been doing the three months between The Moment and where RPing will start back up, etc, etc.
The Pairings page has recently been updated, if she's still looking for a Knight.

that means im allowed to post there? just want your permission first.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 pm
DaMetaEX
Weeamoo
DaMetaEX

that means im allowed to post there? just want your permission first.

In Yuki? Once I'm done, yeah, but I haven't gotten then yet. I'll let you know when you're all set.
Unless you wanna post in Hikari Restaurant in Onisato. That's the only place available right meow.

Weeamoo
Captain

killer-wolf-kun

Hardcore Loiterer

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 am
Awesome ~ ;w;
I feel like Jem is a kind of outdated Thief now, so I might change my character to be an old timey older guy instead of my chipper young thief XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 pm
killer-wolf-kun
Awesome ~ ;w;
I feel like Jem is a kind of outdated Thief now, so I might change my character to be an old timey older guy instead of my chipper young thief XD

Sure thing! Just lemme know if that's the case!

Weeamoo
Captain

DaMetaEX

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:25 pm
Weeamoo

how are things going?  
Nevermore Main Forum

Manage Your Items