Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Festival of Ghosts [Over, Prizes pg33] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 am
Welcome to...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Opens: July 7th @ 6:00 PM EDT
Closes: July 13th 14th @ 8:00 PM EDT

(1 round per day; Each round ~1 day give or take. May end later but not earlier. See below for current round.)

Introduction

The sun is setting, and you are so, so hopelessly lost. Fireflies sparkle in under the boughs and the sun casts the world in rich gold-red and long blue shadows -- a beautiful sight, but not one you're too concerned with now that you cannot find the guided path. How long ago did you stray...? You're not quite certain.

Dusk falls quickly, and soon you can only see by the light of the moon and stars, but you've only wandered deeper into forested swampland. It is there that you see her -- a vulpix, auburn and fiery like the sun. Your crunching footsteps suddenly capture her attention, as she jumps and makes a surprised sound. Noticing you, she stops.

The vulpix looks you up and down, then smiles, "What are you doing so deep in the forest? Are you lost?" You nod, moving to explain, and her lips twitch; she continues preemptively. "I could help you if you need it."

"Thanks," you answer, relieved, "Do you know where the path is?"

She laughs instead of answering. "Hold on, not so fast. I have a couple of things to do first." Her smile widens. "Actually..." Her eyes are calculating, and she adds, "You'll do. I need a favor from you first." She paws at the items at her feet -- mostly a pile of regalia, scattered gems, and rosaries of glistening beads -- and appraises them, thinking. As you watch her, you catch an eerie flicker out of the corner of your eye, a pale hand on your shoulder... startled, you jump, but the moment you focus it is gone like a trick of the light. The vulpix doesn't appear to notice.

"Have you heard of the festival of ghosts?" she asks, looking up. You turn back to her, but before you can answer her glowing eyes meet yours and, in instant understanding, she continues without pause. "Every year, on a midsummer night, just like this..."

. . .

Near the full moon, the ghosts hold their festival -- a celebration of life, death, and the in-between. The images flash in your mind.

Rituals. Sacrifices. Rites that call all the spirits of the region, and rites to remember the dead and honor the living. A procession of ghosts and the bearing of lanterns. Very few of the live ones have the privilege of ever witnessing it.

. . .

The vulpix grins, revealing gleaming canines. "I could tell you more," she purrs teasingly, "but it would be better if you saw it for yourself." She ties up her knapsack, then trots away before stopping to look over her shoulder. Her tails swish in unison.

"Will you join us?" She doesn't wait for an answer this time, either, then fades further into the darkness, leaving crimson shimmers in her wake.

Entranced, you follow her, deeper into the trees, deeper into the darkness, and the marsh lights fade away behind you...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:52 pm
Rules & How to Play:
  1. All the usual shop event rules and event rules apply. A reminder of some of them:

2. You can win a maximum of 1 freebie, 1 raffle, and 1 auction soquili & familiar (each). The prizes here are freebies.

3. Shop policy on passing up event freebies: You may pass on an event freebie just once, and only if the pet is a surprise (i.e. unannounced or not revealed until after you win). Any other pets may not be passed up on.
    Remember, if you win and decide to give the pet away (transfer ownership or co-own), the pet will count as the event freebie for *both* people involved, even though there was only 1 pet involved.

4. You may edit posts up until the closing deadline for each round.

5. Please DO NOT under any circumstances delete posts -- this game will involve dice tasks. If you delete a post for anything involving number generation (dice, etc.) you will be disqualified for that round.
    If you make an error while rolling, please follow the troubleshooting directions provided for that round.

6. Each day there will be a different "task" and a different prize. Simply participate in completing the task for a chance to win the prize of the day. The method of winning varies and is related to the task at hand.

7. Tasks will begin at roughly the same time each day, +/- 2ish hours. Prizes are revealed day-by-day. Each round will last for approximately 1 day give/take (allowing for delays).

8. Proxying is okay unless specifically noted in a round. Ineligible staff may play (but may not win something for themselves); staff may proxy. Proxies may change from one round to another if necessary (i.e. the same person need not to act as your proxy for the entire duration of the game).

9. Please note, the game's story was designed to fit with the pokemon world, not soquili lore.

10. If you have questions/concerns, please do not PM me (inbox at 99%) -- if they cannot be answered by another staff member, please quote me in this thread; if it is a private matter you may contact me through Discord. Be aware that I may be unable to answer promptly. These rules and/or individual round rules hopefully will answer any potential rule/eligibility issues that may arise.

(Staff subforum game prep thread link for staff; contains the future rounds ready for posting)  

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:49 pm
ROUND #6 END

Quote:

Doublade bolts through the barrier and strikes true, piercing the center of the black mass. It shrieks again, and... becomes smaller? Taking the shape of a fox, it roars angrily, spewing flames into the sky. They brush against the trees, setting them alight, and in moments the forest begins blazing. You remain close by doublade's side, telepathically syncing up with the older honedge brother as he weaves in and out among the trees, swift and silent, striking the nine-tailed fox as it wreaks destruction.

"You!" It turns its blazing eyes to you. "You are all responsible! You took her from me and then you forgot her!" Its unearthly voice wavers and it almost weeps. It pauses, standing still and ringed by fire and dark energy. Doublade ventures back to your side, tensely listening.

"I thought I sensed her here. Here of all places. So many years, and all I come across are wisps of imagination!" A snarl comes across its face, and despite the wild forest blaze the clearing seems to darken with an evil aura. "All of you will pay! Careless selfish spirits and fleshed ones, who value naught but their own selves!" It roars again and lunges, this time at you. Just in time, Doublade intercepts and counterattacks. The ninetales screams, pained and anguished.

Having an idea, you sit and begin to pray -- to the bitter, vengeful spirits. You bring the memories of the past few days forth to the front of your mind -- the times you had spent helping the ghosts, and helping vulpix, who found you when you were lost. Vulpix, who promised you she would lead you away to safety. Vulpix... where was she now?

Doublade makes the final strike. The ninetales shrieks, reverting back into a black cloud of smoke -- but this time so much smaller. It begins to redden, and you can make out the shape of six curled tails, and then it thins and vanishes. Doublade stands over the place it had been, panting and unnerved.

It begins to rain.

CURRENT ROUND: Final Round

Round #6

Link to Final Round Start (pg27)

Start: Now
End: July 14th @ 9pm EDT

Quote:

Alolan Marowak by Strifeling - (PB uncert) (Temp. NON-PB link)
Aegislash by Nyhility - (uncert) (alt1) (alt2 need to find) -- these are non-pb links
Drifloon by Yumitoko II - (uncert) (Temp. NON-PB link)
Mismagius Bat by Spelldancer - (uncert) (Temp. NON-PB link)
Litwick Raven by Strifeling - (uncert) (Temp. NON-PB link)
Espeon Lion by Strifeling - (uncert) (Temp. NON-PB link)

The battle is long over. Heavy rains had quenched the fires in the forest. Once again, the moon is high in the sky -- this time without its fire-red color. The ghost mill about, crowned with lilies and chrysanthemums, roses and bones, lanterns and incense, spiderwebs and shrouds. A massive bonfire burns high in the sky, a pillar of strange green fire, and it is simultaneously warm and cool. The eldest of honedge's family, his Aegislash sister, tells a ghost story to the small spirits gathered at her feet and flapping about her own wings. A drifloon, now grounded instead of floating aimlessly, calls forth the fireflies from the warm and humid shadows. They offer you food, and company, and laughter; all is well. Except for vulpix.

She never came back. After the battle, you and doublade had looked for her, and honedge and the others had helped. But when you returned on the night of the festival, going back to the site of the barriers, you had found nothing -- not even prints.

And when you had asked about her, no one had remembered her, just as though she had been erased from existence. Her influence, however, remains -- none of the ghosts struggled to keep their earthly shape, the offerings you had brought remain shimmering on the shrine, and the stories you told are still exchanged.

You linger late, getting to know the other spirits, laughing and talking, but your mind is far away and wandering among the loose ends. Meanwhile, you trail after the ghostly parade.

As the sky brightens with the sunrise, the festival winds down. They give you flowers, and lanterns, ghost-made moon candy; so many things to remember them by. Drifloon leads you to the exit of the forest with the other ghosts in a procession behind you, and you smile, enjoying the early morning breeze and sunlight.

But when you turn back to face them, everything is gone. All that remains is shimmering air among the tall trees and the gifts they granted you. You turn, and out of the corner of your eye, you notice two small graves, overgrown and nearly hidden by weeds, side by side.

-_ VULPIX -------------------- NINETALES
REQUIESCAT ---------------- REQUIESCAT
IN PACE ---------------------- IN PACE
c. MXXIII -------------------- c. MXXIV

In a place far away, there is a legend that speaks of an enraged fox spirit who wanders on summer nights, cursing the living and the spirits both. Some wonder at the reason for its anger, and others suggest it is bound to the earth by its grief... having lost its loved one, who is now forgotten, and is doomed to travel the world for eternity.

Others still suggest an even sadder turn of fate -- that two spirits, both filled with regret and bound to the earth, wound up in the same ghostly body to search the earth for the other, together, wholly unaware that they are now eternally bound, one and the same.

And stories say, sometimes it still howls at the moon, a sound of longing as old as a millennium...

How to Play:
*** I lost track of lists over 27 pages (27 pages....) so if you do not redeem your participation stuff here, you will not be on the participation prize list.
*** You may not pass on any of these prizes. Do not treat these as a standard shop "flaffle" (ex. 1,2,3, reroll) -- none of these are surprises so you will not be able to pass on any of these pets. Enter at your own risk!
*** Those who say to reroll will not be placed on the raffle list and will be ineligible for everything, even the non-pet prizes.
Preference lists only apply to the pets; don't list items in prefs.
*** Those who have already won freebies are still eligible to enter for the other prizes. This is the one exception that allows you to leave things off! I will be cross-checking the Winners list.

*** Staff may enter (but may not win pets if they are ineligible for the pets).
*** This is participation-based, but everyone gets 1 free ticket to claim. If you proxied but did not play for yourself, you can count it both for yourself and the person you proxied for.
*** Fill out the form below and post it. I will make lists going by day FIRST, then by order posted here.
*** Also, participation after the round had closed (see the round archive/post times) does not count, even if next round was delayed

Custom item limitations: edits will be minor-ish (ex. candles, lantern, spiderwebs, moths, etc.) and may not be body edits (i.e. no breed traits -- no wings, no hair, etc.)
The semi-CC item prize allows you to list 3 things in terms of preferences (ex. red roses, deathly lace, shroud) and I will pick one of them and decide on the positioning.
Pets must be pre-existing (existing as adults as of 7/14)!!! These do not apply to pets that do not yet exist as adults, that are WIPs, or that have not been won yet.

Thanks for sticking around :joy: And reading my eye-bleeding 100% cliche production!! emotion_awesome

[color=dodgerblue][size=18][b]Every year, on a midsummer night like this...[/b] [/size][/color]

[b]Username:[/b] (Delete this text that i'm writing here -- but please do not leave this blank!! Put in your username because this is how I copy-paste to make the lists)
[b]Have you won a freebie soquili? If so, where?:[/b]
[b]Have you won a freebie familiar? If so, where?:[/b]
List in order of preference:[/b] Aegislash mare, Drifloon stallion, Alolan Marowak stallion, Mismagius Bat, Liwtick Raven, Espeon Lion. (Do NOT list non-pet prizes in order of preference -- I will roll all of them in the order I listed them and there may be a catch for one of them.)

[b]Free Ticket?:[/b] (claim!)

[b]Link to Day 1 Entry:[/b]
[b]Link to Day 2 Entry:[/b]
[b]Link to Day 3 Entry:[/b]
[b]Link to Day 4 Entry:[/b]
[b]Link to Day 5 Entry:[/b]
[b]Link to Day 6 Entry:[/b]

Round 1 Archive

CURRENT ROUND:

Round #1

Link to Round #1 Start (pg1)

Start: July 7th @ 6:00 PM EDT
End: July 8th @ 6:00 PM EDT

Quote:
User Image
Absol/Spiritomb by Ryuukishin

The vulpix grins, showing off sharp canines. "So happy to have you join us. We could use some help for the festival. Are you ready?" She nods in the direction of an Absol/Spiritomb cross. In the darkness of the forest, they are like a beacon, while the arcane etchings on their body emit a red glow that almost pulses and casts an eerie, lurid backlight on the trees before you. Like a ghost, the figure glides between the trees, heading to a clearing that you can barely make out, then looks back at you expectantly.

"The full moon is in two nights, you know," Vulpix interrupts your observations with a stage whisper. Again, an eyetooth glints. "We start off the festival with sky-readings and omen interpretation." She gives you a cheeky wink and a nudge, "Go follow. Absol will show you how."

How to Play:
1. Roll eight 20-sided dice in a single post (8d20). You may only roll once.
2. Your goal is to spell out the words "STAR" and "OMEN" using the d20 dice. Use this (tinypic-hosted, not mine) image as a guide, i.e. A=1, B=2, C=3. We stop counting at 20 for convenience.
3. In other words, you are looking to roll the following numbers:
18, 19, 1, 17 (STAR);
14, 12, 5, 13 (OMEN).
Give yourself 1 point for each of these unique letters that you roll in any order -- duplicates do not count.
If you roll the set of 4 numbers in the order listed here : 18, 19, 1, 17 : give yourself 1 extra point.
If you roll the set of 4 numbers in the order listed here : 14, 12, 5, 13 : give yourself 1 extra point.
5. Include this form in your rolling post:
[b]Username:[/b] (or person for whom you proxy)
[b]Rolls (in order):[/b]
[b]Points Earned:[/b]

*** Quote Strifeling in your rolling post if you earn 5 or more points. ***

The person with the greatest number of points will win Absol/Spiritomb. If there is a tie, Absol/Spiritomb will be raffled off among the tied individuals.

Troubleshooting:
*** If you roll the incorrect type of die, ex. 20-sided, void your post but DO NOT delete it. Create a new post with the appropriate roll, but please include a link to the voided post.
*** If you roll too many dice, only the first 8 will count.
*** If you roll too few dice (ex. 7), you may create a new post with the remaining (missing) number of rolls. These rolls will be treated like they're tacked on to the end of your initial rolling post, i.e. in the order of rolling. You MUST link back to the first rolling post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:33 pm
Round 2 Archive

ROUND #1 END

End: July 8th @ 6:00 PM EDT

Quote:

When you finish helping Absol/Spiritomb, the moon is high in the sky. It is almost full.

Vulpix joins you in staring up at the endless stars in the depths above. You watch her as she crinkles her brow in concern and confusion. "Huh," she murmers. "That's a bit strange, isn't it?" She turns to Absol, then to you. "What did you read?"

You tell her, explaining that -- with your help, of course -- Absol/Spiritomb had been able to tell of an Omen in the Stars. Softly, they explain to have seen images of bright fire against a dark starry night and brilliant flashes of color. Vulpix listens intently to the interpretation of the omen.

"Well, it's nothing we can't handle," she finally responds, cheerfully. For a moment you wonder if the there's an even deeper meaning to the sign, but before you can ask...

An unearthly shriek sounds in the distance, rising and falling like a banshee's wail. It chills you down to your marrow. "What's that?" you rasp out, but your voice is drowned by the screech. The Absol/Spiritomb cross silently glides in front of you, eyes focused on something unseen in the direction of the screech.

"Don't worry about it," Vulpix raises her voice above the sound, "It's probably just an injured pokemon. I'll go check it out. Stay here!" She starts to run off, then stops to turn around and add, "But whatever you do, make sure you don't leave the clearing." She runs off into the shadows of the trees.

CURRENT ROUND:

Round #2

Link to Round #2 Start

Start: July 8th @ 6:15 PM EDT
End: July 9th @ 6:15 PM EDT

Quote:
User Image
Misdreavus by LOLTERGEIST

The following night, you wait. Distant rustling gives it away long before you can see her. Vulpix crashes into the clearing and stops just short of your feet, tails swaying.

"I'm back! Did you miss me?" She gives you another cheeky grin and brushes past you, giving you no time to ask questions. "Alright, get ready! We still need your help." She begins pawing at the underbrush, and for the first time, you notice that there's a small, oblong shrine at the base of some shrubs, hidden under dry leaves and broken branches.

"See this thing? It's ancient. Hundreds of years ago, people used to come here to pay their respects to Pokemon." For once, she sounds solemn. "Unfortunately, the people left a long time ago. The earth reclaimed what was hers and this shrine was forgotten."

"The ghost pokemon have been leaving, too," Vulpix adds, momentarily pausing to look over her shoulder at you, "so no one's taken care of this shrine in a long, long while. The spirits are restless. Forgotten, just like the shrine. They want to be remembered. Many of them are bitter. Many are angry."

She nudges over her knapsack, opening it, and places yesterday's regalia at the base. Her work done, she stops and sits before a small altar, closing her eyes and bowing her head in respect at the shrine. The wind howls, swaying the tree branches above, and through their dense leaves, the light of a waxing moon filters down to illuminate inscriptions on a slab beside the shrine. They begin to glow, and like gathering vapor a spirit materializes in the air above the shrine. Her ghostly hair sways gently, reflected in the prayer orbs around her neck. Vulpix looks up at the ghost, but the misdreavus ignores her, looking instead directly at you. Your eyes lock.

"Offerings," she whispers. "Bring offerings to this shrine. Please." The moonlight dims, and when it does the shrine ghost fades again. With her fading, the ethereal glow vanishes and an ominous wind begins to blow.

"Go quickly," Vulpix urges, "I don't think we have much time."

How to Play:
This is a participation raffle. Describe what you bring to the shrine as an offering -- what do you choose, and why do you choose this item as an offering? Do you take the time to make a more elaborate, larger offering, or do you bring a smaller offering as quickly as possible? The limit is 250 words (no DQ if you go a few words over but please try to keep it under that). If you are proxying, state for whom. When posting, please use the form in the code box below.

Each participant earns 1 ticket for Misdreavus.

Use the form below:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Word Count:[/b]
[b]The Offering:[/b]

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Round 3 Archive

ROUND #2 END

End: July 9th @ 6:40 PM EDT

Quote:

Your offering joins vulpix's at the shrine. And now moonlit once again, the inscriptions surrounding the shrine suddenly glow to life. A heavy, ethereal mist swells up, rising from the ground, and out of it rises an obscure shape -- then another, and another.

The misdreavus, reformed and full of new vitality, bows her head deeply in gratitude. "Thank you," she says, in a voice that is now lilting and musical, revitalized just like the rest of her, "It has been a long time since many of us have been honored. You have my deepest thanks." She looks off to the side, at the swirling mist beside her now taking the form of other ghost pokemon.

"Your presence has called us back. We now have the strength to join the festival." She smiles. "We will remember you like you remembered us. May moonlight forever guide you." She rises, floating, then streaks off into the sky. The other ghosts follow. They leave shimmering trails behind them and you stare, awestruck.

"It's been a good night," Vulpix says cheerfully, staring up at the sky, then turns to you. "Don't worry, they'll be back for the celebration."

"...Maybe... With your help, maybe all our troubles will be over in time for the festival." Before you can ask, she leaps off into the trees once more, robbing you of the opportunity for discussion.

CURRENT ROUND: Round #3

Round #3

Link to Round #3 Start

Start: July 9th @ 7:15 PM EDT
End: July 10th @ 6:30 PM EDT

Quote:
User Image
Dusclops by Zaikt (Alt 1, Alt 2)

When you return to the clearing, the vulpix is nowhere to be found. Instead, a dusclops seems to hover in the center. The full moon shines through the smoke roiling about its body and over its bandages. The light is strange tonight -- unusually eerie. It is red, and dim, like a blood moon of stories old. An unsettling omen.

The dusclops' piercing red glow seems to shift and focus on you, and it stops. You freeze. It opens its mouth to reveal an unearthly sound:

"GHoSSSsst sssTORiesSSs. TELL USSS thEM." The order sends a chill down your spine. "Orrrrr a leGENd. We ssssspeak of them DUring the fehhhhsssstIVAL. SSSsstORiesss offf the pASSSsst. WwwhhEE mUSSt passsss thEM on. CHErissshhh them. THHhhhhhhheRE isss mEANinnnng to THEMMmm."

How to Play:
Tell a ghost story or a legend to enter a participation raffle! It can be set in the pokemon world, soquili world, or human world. A ghost story doest not need to be focused on ghosts, and you may use flash fiction format. Please keep the story gaia-safe (in accordance with shop & gaia rules). The limit is 250 words (no DQ if you go a few words over, but please try to keep it below 250). Include the word count in your post. If you are proxying, state so in the username area.

Every person who participates receives 1 ticket for Dusclops.

Use the form below:
[b]Username:[/b] (or who you proxy for)
[b]Word Count:[/b]
[b]The Story:[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:37 pm
round 4 archive

ROUND #3 END

End: July 10th @ 6:30 PM EDT

Quote:

You finish your story, and the dusclops lets out a raspy breath.

"Thhhhannnnk yOU. SssstoRIEss of OLd ahhree too easssILY forgottennnn. Presssserve tHEM." It lifts its head, piercing stare focused on you. "ReMEMberrr thissss... in thREE nightsssss' tIME... sssSSSOMething cOMESssss."

As it says this and turns away, fading, a chill once again settles in your bones. Vulpix's and Spiritsol's words echo in your head, along with Misdreavus' promise. Even for ghosts, the situation is a little too eerie -- stange omens, vulpix running off, distant monstrous screeches and now a dim blood moon. Something's coming. You can feel it too.

CURRENT ROUND: Round #4

Round #4

Link to Round #4 Start

Start: July 10th @ 6:45 PM EDT
End: July 11th @ 6:45 PM EDT

Quote:
User Image
Phantump by Deejaye

The next night the moon seems a bit more red, a bit brighter, even closer to crimson -- just like the eyes of the little phantump conversing with Vulpix. Unlike the other ghosts you've met so far, she seems a little more solid, a little more stable -- and in places her body swirls like ink. They both look up at you as you approach.

Today, again, Vulpix is uncharacteristically serious. "Ready to help again?" she asks, but there's no cheer in your voice. She turns to phantump, "Could you repeat what you told me?"

"We need to reinforce the barriers around this area," Phantump offers up. "Many ghosts are too weak to take form without stabilizing barriers in this region. It's been too long, and there's too much darkness he--"

"--What kind of darkness?" you interject, finally eager for some answers, and she glances at vulpix instead of answering herself. Vulpix shakes her head and cracks a half-smile at you.

"Does it matter? The ghosts need your help either way. Will you leave if I tell you?" A pause. "Will you leave if I don't?"

You remain silent.

Phantump, clearly uncomfortable now, shifts from one foot to another and continues, "If we don't reinforce the seals around this area, the ghosts may never be able to come back. I can't do it alone." Her glowing red eyes look into yours -- pleadingly.

How to Play:
Roll a 1d100 (only one roll per person). The person with the highest roll will receive the sumi-e Phantump.
Additionally, there is a "community goal" of reaching 1000 points -- how/why this matters is a secret ;D Also -- while this is not required and may not have any bearing on the results, a short (ex. 1-2 sentences) IC response is encouraged. People who have already won soquili freebies, as well as staff, are able to play (though staff may not win pets in this event). If you are proxying, please state the name of the person for whom you are proxying.

Troubleshooting:
*** If you roll the incorrect type of die, ex. 20-sided, void your post but DO NOT delete it. Create a new post with the appropriate roll, but please include a link to the voided post.
*** If you roll too many dice, only the first number will count.

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 pm
Round 5 archive

ROUND #4 END

End: July 11th @ 6:45 PM EDT

Quote:

You're all out of breath, and panting.

"Just in time!" the small phantump shouts near-breathlessly in a mix of relief and fear, as in the near distance pillars of light flare to life -- shining with elemental power and piercing the night sky like swords -- only to be hit with a large swirling black mass that billows like smoke and lets out a horrible screech. Just in time.

"Augh!" In the same moment the unearthly creature hits the barrier, vulpix falls to the ground, face contorted in pain. Strange markings appear on her back and glow with an ugly evil aura. Phantump, too, is affected, trembling just to stand, but still much better off.

"Vulpix!"

You run to her aid, Phantum struggling to follow, but she suddenly snarls, "Stay back!" She struggles to her feet, wincing. "Don't come any closer. I don't want to hurt you." She winces again. "This is going to be a long night. Can you last until morning? Find shelter. You too, Phantump. I don't know how much longer I can hold it off."

Phantump whimpers slightly. "But-- but the barrier, didn't it help?"

Vulpix gives both of you a soft smile. "Of course it did. If we hadn't gotten it up in time... everyone would have been wiped away. Those who are here, protected by it... they can find the strength to materialize... and won't be snuffed out. This will... protect most of us... or at least I hope." Her face falls. "At least, it's holding now. But I don't know... if it will last two nights." Her statements are punctuated by sharp breaths, as though even breathing is painful. You move foward to help her.

"No! Stay back!" She snaps again, throwing her head upwards with eyes glowing, showing her array of pearly sharp teeth, all seriousness. You stay in place, watching helplessly as she shakes uncontrollably as though even standing takes utmost effort.

Vulpix takes one step away and gives you a rueful smile. "Thank you for helping us. I'm sorry."

"Vulpix?" You and phantump ask in alarmed unison, "What are you doing?"

She gives you both a hard look. "Trying to fix everything. It's my responsibility. Don't follow me." She bows her head deeply in thanks.

"Thank you for everything you've done... We really couldn't have done it without you. We're forever in your debt."

With that, she leaves, limping and ominously glowing, in the direction of the awful creature.

CURRENT ROUND: Round #5

Round #5

Link to Round #5 Start

End: July 12th @ 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:

User Image
Honedge by Nyhility (Alt)

Tonight, all you hear is screeching -- raspy howls and horrible, awful keening sounds. Vulpix is nowhere to be found, but the eastern border of the barrier glows red and stands strong, holding off a black cloud of evil and horror.

Another ghost -- a honedge -- glides up beside you. "It's almost time," he tells you, and though you don't yet fully understand you can feel the charge in the air. It is as though a storm is about to begin. Your hair stands on end and a chill prickles in your bones.

"Tomorrow night," he continues, this time looking into your eyes. He gleams, armored and metallic and glorious.

"I need you to help me, as Vulpix wished," he closes his eyes and dips his head in respect, "Please help me train, and help the others. We may need to fight."

How to Play:
*** In this post, I will roll 1d100.
*** Roll 5d100 in a single post to help Honedge and the other ghosts prepare for battle.
*** If your number(s) match Honedge's, you'll be entered into a raffle for honedge.
*** Duplicates DO count this time, so if you roll multiples they count as multiple tickets.
*** Additionally, any attempt (even by those ineligible for soquili prizes) will count as participation for the participation raffle and additional prizes for the finale.
If no one matches the number, honedge will be raffled among all eligible participants.

Your number to match is 17.

Troubleshooting:
*** If you roll too many dice, only the first number will count.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm
round 6 archive

Unfortunately I still need to sort out a few things (read the offerings, story entries, judging if I can get a pet done?, make particip lists & look over) so the "actual" finale & the actual festival (which we haven't actually gotten to yet... :joy: way to get sidetracked) will be tomorrow in a "bonus round." One of the soq intended for tomorrow is being given out today, and I had split up the story (cut their twist out since it wouldn't make sense... have to edit the ending so... mroe awkward). And maybe more prizes tomorrow. Maybe.

8 more (various/mixed) prizes tomorrow!

THIS ROUND IS TIME-SENSITIVE.

ROUND #5 END

End: July 12th @ 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:

When you finish training, the first pale light of dawn already glows in the sky. Honedge is even more exhausted than you. Sweat glistens on his not-quite-there ghostly body. All throughout the night, you heard intermittent screeches -- both of triumph and of pain. The swirling mass tried and tried again to get past the stabilizing barrier -- which alone may have wiped out the weaker ghosts unable to maintain their form outside of it -- but never succeeded. Even now, the eastern barrier glows with red hope and its screeches soften with the beginning of sunrise.

"We made it," Honedge exhales with relief. You look at him in concern. Seeing your face, he elaborates, "I wasn't certain we would last the night. But... tomorrow night..." He looks up at the sky, and even though you're hot with exhaustion you shiver.

"What is that thing anyway?" you ask him, huddling close and watching as the beast slowly dissipates in the morning light.

"...I'm not sure," he answers finally. "But... there used to be a legend in this region, long long ago. One of a spirit that was forgotten by the world. It became angry, bound itself to another, and began ." He pauses. "That was centuries ago, though. And I'm sure there are many stories like it. But the timing is strange."

"Timing?" you prompt, eager to finally get some answers. He looks uneasy.

"Did you know there haven't been many of us?" he asks you, glancing in your direction.

"No..."

"A few days ago... All of a sudden, ghosts started appearing. Before you even set up the barrier, I mean. Ghosts that should have been lost to time, forgotten and not bound by anger or regret."

"Is that unusual?" you ask.

"Yes, very. I don't mean new ghosts, either." He looks up at the sky again. "I mean those we knew. It's almost like they were... should I say, revived? And that ominous moon in the sky. Not to mention, your help and arrival, only a few days before our festival." He laughs. "Some festival preparation this was. We didn't even finish our lanterns or take care of our wishing tree." He rises to his feet, shaking off exhaustion.

You stand as well. "So you think that is another ghost?"

"I really don't know. I don't know what to think. But, as I said before, I'm not sure the barrier will hold. We'll certainly need your help tomorrow night. ...You will help us, right?"

"Of course," you tell him, and he bows his head.

"Thank you."

CURRENT ROUND: Round #6

Round #6

Link to Round #6 Start

End: July 13th @ 8:00 PM EDT

Quote:

User Image
Doublade by Nyhility (Alt)

That fateful night is finally here. The screeching began before the sun disappeared beneath the horizon, and the ghosts stand allied in the clearing. They are clustered together. Some flicker like flames in the wind, as though they would be snuffed out by a breeze to strong. A doublade stands in front of them, alight with magical power. He sees you and his face fills with hope.

"It's you! Please, get the others somewhere safe--"

His voice is drowned out by another unearthly scream from the wailing beast. Once again, it throws itself at the eastern barrier.

"The barrier will not hold!" he shouts, rushing in its direction. He's right. As soon as those words are out, the eastern wall of light shatters, and like a miasma the smoky creature pours in.

You don't know what drives you. Maybe it's the adrenaline -- or the bravery. Or the concern you feel for the ghosts you've befriended the past few days. But you take after doublade, chasing his trail and throwing yourself directly into harm's way as he launches himself towards the mass. He slashes and swipes, whips and leaps away, a blur of motion. You have to do something... but what?

How to Play:
*** In this post, I will roll 1d100.
*** Roll 1d100 (in ONE post -- only one roll per post; if you roll multiple times in one post your post will not count!!) to sync up with Doublade and help him avoid the creature's attacks.
*** First to match the number wins Doublade. Multiple rolls per person permitted.
*** Additionally, any attempt (even by those ineligible for soquili prizes) will count as participation for the participation raffle and additional prizes for the finale. -- HOWEVER!!!!! Only one attempt per person will count!!!

Your number to match is 27.

Troubleshooting:
*** If you roll the incorrect *type* of die, ex. 20-sided, void your post but DO NOT delete it. Create a new post with the appropriate roll, but please include a link to the voided post.
*** If you roll too many dice, NONE of the rolls in that post will count -- you will need to void and reroll.
*** Deleting any posts will result in disqualification.

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 pm
reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 pm
reserved  

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:33 pm
reserved  
DarkenWoodWolf rolled 8 20-sided dice: 7, 17, 10, 8, 8, 3, 8, 9 Total: 70 (8-160)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:03 pm
Username: DarkenWoodWolf
Rolls (in order): 7, 17, 10, 8, 8, 3, 8, 9
Points Earned: 1  

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

Nyx Queen of Darkness rolled 8 20-sided dice: 16, 13, 16, 20, 11, 5, 4, 10 Total: 95 (8-160)

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:10 pm
Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Rolls (in order): 16, 13, 16, 20, 11, 5, 4, 10
Points Earned: 2?  
catmagick rolled 8 20-sided dice: 19, 16, 13, 14, 19, 13, 6, 16 Total: 116 (8-160)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:13 pm
Username: catmagick
Rolls (in order): 19, 16, 13, 14, 19, 13, 6, 16
Points Earned: 3  

catmagick

Magical Kitten

AstoriaFallen rolled 8 20-sided dice: 9, 19, 8, 10, 6, 14, 20, 4 Total: 90 (8-160)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:13 pm
Username: AstoriaFallen
Rolls (in order): 9, 19, 8, 10, 6, 14, 20, 4
Points Earned: 2 I think? (since 19 and 14)  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff