[FIN] Home Sweet Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 pm
The last nine days had passed agonizingly slowly, every hour he was awake seemed stretched out by ten times even when he had company. He hated the noise, the smell, the lack of privacy, the helplessness. The last three days had been a little better, freed from the tube in his chest at least he had been able to go to the bathroom but in getting out of bed he had discovered just how weak he had become. Walking the length of a room was exhausting, it left him short of breath and his heart beating too fast. He hated this place, his own frailty, the thoughts and images that would not leave him in peace.

But today was better, today he had been told that they would be discharging him later today, but he hadn't yet given Abel the news. This was partly because he didn't want his boyfriend to spend all day at work watching the clock, partly because he wanted to surprise him.

The time between Taavi's departure for work and the time he expected Abel to arrive was drawn out impossibly, as much or more than the interminable days he had spent hooked up to those damned machines. He was so close now, so close, but he couldn't banish anxious thoughts that somebody would change their mind if he didn't get out of here right away. He had tried to draw but that hadn't worked, and listening to the CD Abel had made for him didn't help either. He tried to play a mindless game on his phone, but after only a minute or two he had to resist the impulse to hurl it across the ward in a fit of restless frustration.

Eventually he gave up and lay back staring at the clock on his phone's screen. Abel would be here soon, and then they could leave!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:32 pm
After nearly two weeks of being unable to hug or hold or cuddle with his boyfriend... Abel had to admit to himself that it was starting to drive him a little crazy. At the very least he could talk to him, kiss him, hold his hand... but that wasn't the same, not nearly the same as feeling him in his arms, being able to cuddle him on the couch or in the armchair, holding him close as they fell asleep. No, it wasn't the same at all, but at least it was something. Soon though, soon he'd be able to leave the hospital and go home. Soon! In preparation for this, the blond had found a comfortable outfit to keep in a bag for Zev to change into when the time came, and had left it in his car which he'd started driving to the hospital whenever he went to visit instead of riding Caleb, just in case.

It had to be soon though, it had to be, and he'd already requested the next few days off because if not today then it had to be tomorrow. It was getting a bit late today though, despite only being the afternoon, but he still was beginning to suspect tomorrow would be more likely at this rate. He would've heard by now if it was today.

Thankfully Chris let him leave work a bit early, so by the time his shift actually technically ended he was already in his car, pulling into the hospital parking lot in search of a free space near the entrance. A few more minutes found him inside, heading down the by now all-too-familiar hallways and general ward, and once inside the large room Zevran shared with a handful of other patients also hidden away behind curtains, the blond stopped outside his boyfriend's for a moment. "Knock knock!" He said cheerfully despite the weariness he was trying to banish from his early shift at work, as one hand lifted to part the curtain so he could peek in. "Mind if I join you?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm
The sound of Abel's voice made his heart lift and brought a genuine smile to his lips, not a forced one for once. "Yes, come in!" he replied, his tones bright and eager. He would be leaving soon, very soon, and he couldn't wait to see the look on Abel's face when he told him. Things would be better when he was home with Abel, so much better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:24 am
While he expected to hear a positive response it still brought a brighter smile to his face to hear it, so he pushed the curtain aside to slip inside. "Hey sweetheart," he said, his colorful gaze alighting on his boyfriend that had been looking progressively better over the past few days, especially after they removed the tube in his chest. His own injury had improved as well; he'd removed the bandage a few days after Zevran awoke, leaving the uneven, semicircular wound uncovered to finish healing on its own. Whenever he saw himself in the mirror it still startled him a little to see the chunk missing from the edge of his ear whenever he forgot about it, but he was starting to get used to it. He much preferred having a small piece of his ear missing to the alternative, anyway. "Chris let me leave a little early. How d'you feel today?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:26 pm
How did he feel; this was always the first or nearly the first thing Abel asked. When they had taken him off the IV drugs he had felt his injuries properly for the first time, it had not been pleasant. They had very quickly started him on some pills which dulled it for a while, they were at the moment, but it was still present. This wasn't what he thought Abel meant by asking him how he was though and so he hadn't mentioned it; when you were shot pain was inevitable, it was a blessing that he had anything to help with it at all.

When Abel asked his usual question therefore Zevran merely shrugged and his smile remained bright. "I feel good!" he chirped. "It was good of Chris to let you go early but I don't think you should stay here long today." Zevran paused for beat before adding; "Because they are discharging me, the paperwork is already complete!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 pm
Well well, he certainly seemed to be in a good mood today! Abel was about to comment on it once his love finished speaking, but then his love finished speaking. "Wha-- really?" Excitement lit up his face and with it brought a broad grin. He'd started crossing the small section of the room but stopped at his boyfriend's words, but now he practically jogged over to cup his face in his hands and kiss him. "That's great! Everything's all set, you can leave whenever? Do we need to talk to anyone beforehand? Ah I have some clothes for you to change into but they're in the car, I'll have to go down and get them." Should he go get them now? Right now?

Zevran was coming home today!

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:29 pm
Abel's smile had definitely been worth it, and so was the kiss. When Abel pulled back and started chattering excitedly Zevran grinned and nodded along. "Yes, we can just go, almost. They want me to tell them I am leaving but no more than that, everything is taken care of." He almost couldn't believe it was real, that he was going to walk out - maybe not walk out actually, too far to the car, but leave. If he never saw the inside of another hospital it would be too soon.

Zevran reached for one of Abel's hands and gave it a tight squeeze. "I hope you do not mind that I waited to tell you, I thought your day at work might seem quite long if you knew I was waiting to leave... And I wanted to see the look on your face when I told you too."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 pm
They could leave, just like that. They could leave and bring Zevran back home, back somewhere comfortable, somewhere private, somewhere he could feel safe and finally relax. "That's great!" He said again, his grin still bright and happy from the knowledge he could finally take his boyfriend back home. It subdued a little bit into a warm smile and his thumbs traced soft, affectionate circles over Zev's cheeks. "Nah, I don't mind one bit. It would've seemed really long, yeah... though I probably would've tried to get out even earlier," he added with a chuckle.

A moment or two later he leaned down to press a soft kiss to Zevran's forehead. "Alright, I'll go down to the car and grab those clothes for you. D'you want me to bring your CD player and books down with me now, so we don't have to worry about them later?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:16 pm
"Yes to both of those," Zevran replied, his smile twitching into a more amused curve. "Are you parked far away? They said it would probably be better for me to go out in a wheelchair." Now Zevran's smile was replaced by a frown, he did not like the idea of being pushed around like a cart of groceries in the least but it seemed like he had little choice. At least it would be over soon, you could put up with many things knowing that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 pm
Yes to both, alright! "Nah, I parked close to the entrance. Just because my lung capacity's mostly recovered from smoking for years doesn't mean I like parking far away and walking a long way to the entrance of a building," he said, a small smirk on his face as he grabbed the bag he'd brought so many days ago and worked with his boyfriend to carefully fill it back up with the various items he'd brought him throughout his stay in the hospital. "A wheelchair's a good idea; you can always just pretend you're too important to walk yourself. I'll be your chauffeur if you'd like," the blond added as his grin returned. Zevran's distaste at having to use a wheelchair was painfully obvious, but if he could alleviate even a bit of that displeasure then he absolutely had to try. At least he only had to ride in it from the room down to the car. After that, well, they'd figure something out. Thankfully his apartment building had elevators, and Zev could go right to the couch or to bed once they got inside.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:31 pm
Abel's suggestion didn't actually help, but it helped that he was trying to help. Zevran was fairly certain that this made no sense whatsoever but he wasn't going to question it. "As you say," he agreed with a nod, a wry smile creeping back onto his face. He would still prefer to be completely unseen but.... "Oh, is Sonia with you?" Zevran asked as the solution popped into his head. "Could she conceal me? I ah... I would really prefer people not to look at me." The honesty was difficult, it felt like admitting a weakness and it felt foolish on top of that because logically he knew nobody would pay either of them any attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:12 pm
Once all Zevran's things were safely tucked away in the bag, Abel straightened up with it hanging from one hand and turned his smile towards his boyfriend... but said smile promptly turned apologetic. The poor guy... He could understand the feeling anyway, but given Zev's particular situation and background, he could understand the desire to avoid being seen in such a state even more. "Ah.. I just came from work, I didn't stop at home first so no, I don't have Sonia with me. I can run home real fast and pick her up though, if you'd like?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:16 pm
Ah, s**t.

Struck by indecision Zevran went still and silent, considered the options. Firstly, go out now with Abel and be seen by- who? Nobody significant, yet it seemed an insurmountable obstacle. Secondly, Abel would go home and get Sonia but while he was gone somebody could change their mind and he could be trapped here even longer.

Eventually Zevran exhaled and shook his head. "No. I just want to leave, I can survive being seen looking unstylish!" It had nothing to do with style and he suspected Abel knew that but he hoped that he would allow him to keep the illusion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:07 pm
Abel waited patiently for his love to work through his thoughts, to weigh the pros and cons of whatever it was, and when he finally reached a decision the taller blond nodded and pressed another soft kiss to Zevran's brow. "Nonsense, you'll always be the most handsome man in the world to me." If that was the excuse he wanted to use, if using it made him feel better, then Abel wasn't about to argue. No, he was more than happy to play along. "Alright then, I'll be back in just a couple minutes with your clothes and then we'll go, yeah?" Once assured that Zevran had nothing else to add, Abel headed out of the hospital and over to his car.

With Zev's things stowed away in the back seat and with the bag of clothes in hand, the taller blond wasted no time in practically jogging back through the hospital - or at least speedwalking as quickly as he could get away with - back through the familiar hallways and into the ward Zevran had stayed in for the past more-than-a-week. "Alright, here you go," he said a moment or two before slipping back in past the curtain, not bothering to announce his presence this time; true to his words he was only gone a scant few minutes. With a soft smile he stepped closer to the bed and offered the bag to his boyfriend. "Hopefully these're okay. Nothing too fashionable, I'm afraid; I figured you'd be more interested in comfortable clothes than fashionable ones." Indeed the sweatpants inside were not nearly as form-fitting as Zevran usually wore; neither was the baggy shirt and equally baggy zip-up hoodie, and all were rather plain in muted colors without designs. At least the slip-on sandals were closer to Zev's size.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:19 pm
He knew that Abel's absence would feel far too long and so he distracted himself with fussing over Amigo; his slightly too long fingernails were good for scratching old scales off the Butterfree's wings. "I bet you are tired of this place too hu?" he smiled wryly.

When Abel returned with the clothes Zevran shook his head and gave a soft huff of amusement. "I am sure they will complement the wheelchair perfectly." Now then, getting up and getting dressed. He hadn't tried to get dressed yet, it had all been gowns and - in the last couple of days - a flimsy bathrobe if he was getting up. Zevran sat up properly, pushed the covers aside and swung his legs off the bed; it was quite high so his feet didn't quite touch the floor. "Would you undo the ties for me?" Zevran motioned towards his back with an incline of his head. "I am not feeling especially flexible." Moving his arms very much made the pain flare up, the more he could avoid that the better.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff