Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
★ ★ ★ Family Basics and Information - Must Read

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:08 am
xxxx X xxxx Family Basics and Informationxxxx X xxxx

spaceConfused? Don't be! Here's a summary of everything you need to know and do to make a family in the Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World Guild.

xxxX Read the Guild Rules. You need to do so before you can make a character in the guild.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxX Make your familyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      - If your character is an orphan, please refer to this thread here [x]
      - First post has all your family listed
      - First post must also contain a Signature section [x]
      - One post per family member
      - Check the Weather & Calender for the current guild year (to help determine ages, birth years and graduation years.)
      - Restricted Names
      - Existing Wizarding Families
      - Face-Claim List
      - Acceptable Wand Woods and Cores List
      - Accepted Pets List
      - International Graduates (Info on houses, electives, and exams for Salem, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons and Muggle university.)
      - More-Than-Average List (A More-Than-Average character is a character with special properties like special abilities or are descended from a Magical Creature, but attends school/goes to school all the same. For more information on the difference between MTA and MC, you should read here. Not everyone can be More Than Average!)
      - Jobs. Please note that you must choose a job if the character is an adult and put (Pending) next to the choice. All jobs have requirements, so make sure your character has all of them met before submitting them for review.
      - Adult Profile Skeleton
      - Children Profile Skeleton
      Special note: If you wish to join a family, you must get the permission from the thread creator first. You must PM them, and you must wait until they agree that you may post in their thread before you can post. The thread creator must put your character's name and who it is played by in the first post. A profile checker will NOT look over any profile whose character and/or roleplayer is missing from the first post.

xxxX Wait for a crew member to review your profilexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxX When accepted, set up your homexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxX Live your lifexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      - Marriage and Divorce
      - Kids will need to go grow up and go to a wizarding or muggle school when they reach the right age!

spaceSo there you go! That's the basic info you need to know on making a family here at MoM&WW!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:16 am
xxxX Simpler explanation, please?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceYes, the above information is a rundown of the process of making a family, however Cara MiaKitty made an easier explanation for character creation that I am posting here. Portions of the character creation process are explained below, and hopefully are explained in a way that makes sense to people. This way, everyone can understand the process fully without being confused. Or well, that's what this thread is supposed to do.

xxxX How do Family Profiles work?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceCharacters in this guild do not get their own individual threads. Instead, all the members of any given family are posted on the same thread, as shown here. There is a specific layout for family profile threads that should be followed. You may code/decorate your thread however you like so that it is aesthetically pleasing, but it needs to follow the correct format and include all necessary information.

First post:
      - List all family members, including NPC's*
      - Recent Updates
      - Signature section (code below spoiler)
      ACCEPTED BY: (crew signature)
      UPDATES ACCEPTED BY: (crew signature)
      ACCEPTED CHARACTERS: (list of accepted characters + date of acceptance)

spaceAll following posts should be individual character profiles. There are two different skeletons provided by the guild to choose between. However, you are also free to code your own, so long as it has all the required sections, or, if you see a skeleton you like being used by someone else, ask them if they'd mind your using it. A lot of our members are perfectly happy to lend their coding to a newbie, provided they're properly credited.

Things to know when making characters:
      - When working on your family thread, please have (UC) or something that effect in the title until it's ready to be looked over. When you are ready to have it checked, replace the (UC) with (NCR) to alert profile checkers that it's finished.
      - You do not have to post in the NCR thread for new families. The NCR thread exists to alert crew to threads which require checking that are not on the first page, and might be missed or forgotten.
      - Children who are going to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry must be born in the United Kingdom, that is, England, Ireland, Scotland, or Wales. Any child not born in the UK is ineligible to attend, and must be schooled elsewhere. If you want your student to be born elsewhere, they must be schooled elsewhere as well.
      - When choosing a faceclaim, you need to seriously consider if your choice looks the correct age for the character. There's a little more wiggle room as characters get older, what with the wonder of magic and the fact that wizards live longer than muggles. But, you shouldn't be using the image of your FC at age eighteen for a first year student.
      - Also regarding FC's, images should be either anime, or a person of some level of fame, either in film, television, music, modeling, or on the internet. Stock images are also allowed. However, photos of actual members themselves, or random personal images of (nonfamous) strangers off the internet, are not allowed.
      - As far as jobs go: Your character profile must contain your job and have met its requirements before they can be accepted. What you have to do for this is, post the profile with their job listed, but put (pending acceptance) next to it. Once your character has been reviewed, the profile checkers may put Needs Editing and state why your character doesn't meet the requirements for the position. You may edit the character at that time to make sure they have met all the requirements for the position. If your character is accepted, that's it! You do not need to do anything else. In the case of jobs that require an application, fill out the application and wait for it to be accepted before you reference your job in your posts. Please refer to this thread for any questions you might have regarding jobs.
      - When composing your character's personality, make sure that you're not contradicting yourself by giving them traits that aren't compatible, such as making them both forgiving and vengeful. Alternatively, you can't give them multiple traits that mean the same thing. When using a profile skeleton in the format TRAIT: (description), such as the alternate skeleton provided, traits must be diverse. If one listed trait is calm, you cannot then include serene as well, as you are just restating the same trait with different wording.
      - Character traits such as being a metamorphmagus, animagus, halfbreed, etc are known as More-Than-Average traits. New members are not permitted to make characters with these traits, as they are only allowed in the guild on a limited basis to conserve realism within the universe created by JK Rowling as per her rules (these traits are supposed to be rare, so we can't let everyone have them). We have had a lot of people make characters with MTA traits, and then vanish, taking up a slot that could have been open for another member. We don't remove people's characters from the list until they are removed for inactivity, which means that the slot will be filled by an effectively non-existent character for at least six months. Sticking around and being active for three months tells us you're more likely to stay, and earns you the ability to apply for one of these slots. Please note that you cannot apply for a trait that is inherited, such as metamorphmagus, for a character who has been pre-approved without the trait, once the three month mark hits. If you want to make a character with a trait that is inherited, wait until you've proven you will be active before making that character.
      - You do not have to make every single member of a family. *NPC characters are allowed. In fact, NPC characters are encouraged! If you don't think you're going to post a specific character very often, but need them to exist (such as the parent of a student), they can be an NPC. However, if a character is an NPC, they cannot have a profile posted. Once you post a profile, it must be looked over by crew and approved before you can post with that character. Furthermore, NPC characters cannot be posted on their own. They must be posted via an accepted character in the guild, IE: A student (accepted character) who is being taken shopping by their mother (NPC). Both characters actions and statements would be included in the same post, not separated out.

x X xxxxRestrictions On New Member Profilesxxxx X x

spaceUnfortunately, due to some issues in the past with troublesome members, we've had to impose some limits on what members are allowed to do right off the bat. Once you've established yourself in the guild as a responsible roleplayer, you'll find that you have much more freedom with your characters. But, until you've been around long enough for us to know you can be trusted with out there or unusual characters, we'll probably deny anything that seems too over the top.

This includes but is not limited to:
      - An excessive number of characters. New members are limited to a total of eight characters. You may have no more than two families, with no more than four members each. If you make two families with less than eight total characters (say, one family has three characters, and one family has two), the remaining characters allowed can be used for Magical Creatures. This limit specifically is considered lifted once you have been a member for three months, or one guild year, provided you have been active in that time.
      - Characters who are coded as apparent future/secret Dark Lords (aka the 'I'm Going To Be The Next Voldemort' character)
      - Characters who are coded as apparent future/secret Heroes (aka the 'Move Over Harry, There's A New Chosen One In Town' character)
      - Characters with exceptionally tragic/uncomfortable backstories (aka the 'Everything Bad That Could Ever Happen Has Happened To Me' character)
      - Characters whose personality can be summed up with the phrase "I'm not like other people" (aka the 'Luna Lovegood Ain't Got Nothin' On Me' character)
      - Characters who are strongly based on another character existing in fiction (aka the 'I just really wanted to play Frodo Baggins but as a Hogwarts student' character)

spaceBasically, for your first character, we want you to have the freedom to make them unique, but we're also on the lookout for Mary Sue's and characters who will potentially cause a lot of drama, either IC or OOC, in the future. We don't want to allow new members to make potentially dangerous characters without knowing that they will play them responsibly, and that other people will enjoy roleplaying with them. After all, the point of a roleplay is to have fun, not just for you, but for everyone you roleplay with. It's one thing to write a character that others dislike as a person, it's another thing to write one that people dislike as a character and don't want to interact with. Characters like the ones listed above are generally not very fun to roleplay with, unless they are being written by a skilled roleplayer, and are red flags that a roleplayer might be trouble down the line. You're welcome to make characters closer to these types later on down the line, but if your first instinct when joining a new roleplay is to immediately make a Problem Character, it can worry the crew. Likewise, with characters based on others from books or television: This guild is based off of JK Rowling's series, but 99% of characters in it are original (the exceptions being canon magical creatures, such as the Hogwarts House ghosts). We do not allow unoriginal characters. Established members are permitted to play characters loosely based on a character from another source. However, until you've been around for a while and we have seen your roleplaying, we can't be certain when just looking at a profile if your character is based on the source, but still unique, or is a carbon copy.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:20 am
xxxx X xxxxMary Sue Informationxxxx X xxxx

A Mary Sue (Gary or Marty Stu often for guys) is a character who is perfect at absolutely everything and no matter what they do people still love them.

There are many sub-categories of this type of character but here are some of them:

xxxX Types of Suesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Black Hole Sue — Everything is about me!
      Purity Sue — Love me!
      God Mode Sue — Power overwhelming!
      Mary Tzu — I knew you would do that. In fact, I knew you would do that before I even met you, cuz I'm JUST THAT GOOD!
      Jerk Sue — I'm a complete and utter b*tch and I have constant PMS...love me!
      Possession Sue — My favourite character is an even better version of me!
      Copy Cat Sue — I'm just like my favorite character, but even kewler!
      Relationship Sue — You're my boyfriend now!
      Sympathetic Sue — Feel sorry for me!
      Anti Sue — I'm genuinely useless, but everybody still loves me!
      Villain Sue — I have you now, my beautiful slaves! Ahahahahahahaha!
      Fixer Sue — No, that's not how it's supposed to go!
      Parody Sue — Why don't they fall for my buxom charms?
      Thirty Sue Pileup — We are Legion.

For more information on this topic, visit TV Troupes - Mary sues to get a better idea of those individual categories.

spaceWhile we understand that most characters in the guild tend to be Sue-like due to the very nature of wanting original characters, we do frown on blatant Mary-Sues. They are considered godmodding, which means taking control of another’s character or forcing them to do something with their character without giving them a chance to post. This also includes overpowered characters, characters who never get hit, and characters who are flawless. If you’re not sure if you’re doing this, PM a VC.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:24 am
xxxX Adultsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceHere is the skeleton for Adult Characters. All of your family goes into the same thread here in the Families subforum. Title your thread as '(your family's last name) Family' (I.E. Gaunt Family). The first post should have the list of all the family members in your family currently, as well as any house elves they may own and any NPCs that are in the family. The first post must also include a Signature section. Unless you are sharing ownership of a family with another member (which must be stated in the first post as well), you will automatically be in charge of accepting or denying requests from other users to add new family members to your family.

spaceWe're pretty strict about what must be in a profile. Try to make it pretty if you can, but all the information from the basic skeleton must be included in every profile. Make sure you follow all the instructions in the parenthesis while you're putting your skeleton together. Remove the parenthesis and everything in between them when you're done, please.

spaceThe Crew holds the right to accept or deny anybody. Please make sure you follow the rules when applying. The Crew will evaluate your profile and determine whether it is accepted, needs editing, or denied entirely, by stating so in the title of your thread.

spaceWhile this is a guild for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you may make muggle families with magical members, magical families with squib members, or even entirely muggle families if you so choose. That choice is up to you.

spacePlease remember to fill out a profile for each adult in the family that is a playable character. The code for the basic profile is located under the spoiler.

[b]Hi, my name is[/b] (Name)

[b]But I mostly go by[/b] (If you have a nickname, put it here. Otherwise, remove this option)

[b]I'm a[/b] (female? male?)

[b]I'm[/b] (Age) [b]years old.[/b]

[b]My birthday is[/b] (you can make this up! We have a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYnRnt84m7PdFVha0pUYzNBRnR2d0lfQzAwREJ0OWc]list[/url] that you can go in and add your character to. It's optional)

[b]I work in[/b] (where your character currently works)

[b]My life goal is[/b] (what does your person want to do? Even if you have a job right now, does your character want to do something else?)

[b] My blood status is[/b] (Pure blood? Muggle? etc.)

[b]The house I was in was[/b] (If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option)

[b]I was in the class of[/b] (the year you graduated)

[b]I'm interested in[/b] (girls, guys, both, none?)

[b]I'm currently with[/b] (who are you with? If no one, say so. If you are with someone in the guild, link their profile like so: [url=their profile]Their Name[/url].)

[b]People can describe me as[/b] (Personality. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph at least 4-5 sentences long. We would like to see what your character is like.)

[b]My background story is[/b] (Bio about your character. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph to show what your character's life has been until now. Show me you can actually write.)

[b]I enjoy[/b] (At least five things your character likes. Hobbies, favorite classes, etc.)

[b]I despise[/b] (At least five things your character hates.)

[b]I'm afraid of[/b] (At least one thing that your character is afraid of. No exceptions.)

[b]My strengths are[/b] (what is your character good at? Limit 2; make sure they do not clash with flaws)

[b]My flaws are[/b] (what is your character bad at? Limit 2; make sure they do not clash with strengths)

[b]I look like[/b] (describe or link your picture. Do not post pictures, please. Simply link them as such: [url=your picture's url here]this[/url]. If you are using a celebrity face, make sure to say whose in your profile, and then request it!)

[b]My wand is a[/b] (what kind of wand do you have? Only applicable for those of age and going to their schools. If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option.) (length), (wood), with (core)

[b]My pet is a[/b] (what kind of pet do you have? If you do not have one, replace [b]My pet is a[/b] with either [b]My dream pet is[/b])

[b]My O.W.L. Scores Were:[/b]
(Add each class your character took an OWL for and the score they received. Delete if your character dropped out and never took the OWL exams.)

[b]My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:[/b]
(Add each class your character took a NEWT for and the score they received. Delete if your character dropped out and never took the NEWT exams.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here you about your character that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

If your character chooses to take any Continuing Education Courses, please add the relevant code below to your profile once they have been completed.

Individual Courses:
[b]I took a few Adult Education Courses after Hogwarts. My courses and scores were: [/b]
(Add each class your character took and the score they received)

Study Programs:
[b]I signed up for the[/b] (career) [b]Study Program after Hogwarts. My scores were:[/b]
(Add each class included in your study program, plus any additional ones you took, and the score they received)

Post-Graduation Certification Program:
[b]I dropped out of Hogwarts, but later signed up for the Post-Graduation Certification Program. My classes and scores were:[/b]
(Add each class your character took and the score they received)

xxxX Alternate/Expanded Skeletonxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceIf you don't like the format of the original skeletons, you're free to use this alternate. Overall, it is the same as the original, but the format of the personality and backstory sections are broken up differently, and it can be filled out in third person. This post has the version for adults; the post below has the version for children. Both the appearance and the code for this skeleton are underneath the spoilers below.

Appearance:
xxFIRST NAMExxxMIDDLE NAMExxxLAST NAMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES (What people call your character)

GENDER (Male/Female/Other)

FACECLAIM (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List)

AGE (How old is your character?)

BIRTHDAY (Month/Day/Year)

BLOOD STATUS (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn)

SEXUAL ORIENTATION (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other)

WAND (Length/Wood/Core)

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.)

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDED (what school did your character attend?)

CLASS OF (what year did your character graduate?)

HOUSE (what house was your character in when they attended school?)

O.W.L. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

N.E.W.T. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

LIFE GOAL (What career does your character want? What do they want to accomplish in life? What is their greatest dream?)

CURRENT OCCUPATION (What is your character's current job? If they have not yet graduated school, delete this line)

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) (Description of trait as it applies to your character)
TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) (Description of trait as it applies to your character)

■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)

DISLIKES
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)

STRENGTHS
■ (strength)
■ (strength)

WEAKNESSES
■ (weakness)
■ (weakness)

FEARS
■ (fear)

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD (Your character's life before they attended school)

SCHOOL YEARS (Your character's life in their school years)

POST-GRADUATION (what happened to your character after they graduated; this section will be added as their lives progress)

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED (date of most recent update)

UPDATES MADE
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)

Code:
[size=20][u][color=white]x[/color]▧[color=white]x[/color][b]FIRST NAME[/b][color=white]xxx[/color][i]MIDDLE NAME[/i][color=white]xxx[/color][b]LAST NAME[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BASICS[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]NICKNAMES[/b] [size=11] (What people call your character) [/size]

[b]GENDER[/b] [size=11] (Male/Female/Other)[/size]

[b]FACECLAIM[/b] [size=11] (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List) [/size]

[b]AGE[/b] [size=11] (How old is your character?) [/size]

[b]BIRTHDAY[/b] [size=11] (Month/Day/Year) [/size]

[b]BLOOD STATUS[/b] [size=11] (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn) [/size]

[b]SEXUAL ORIENTATION[/b] [size=11] (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other) [/size]

[b]WAND[/b] [size=11] (Length/Wood/Core) [/size]

[b]MORE-THAN-AVERAGE[/b] [size=11] (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]SCHOOL[/b] [i]AND[/i] [b]CAREER[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]ATTENDED[/b] [size=11] (what school did your character attend?) [/size]

[b]CLASS OF[/b] [size=11] (what year did your character graduate?) [/size]

[b]HOUSE[/b] [size=11] (what house was your character in when they attended school?) [/size]

[b]O.W.L. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

[b]N.E.W.T. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

[b]LIFE GOAL[/b] [size=11] (What career does your character want? What do they want to accomplish in life? What is their greatest dream?) [/size]

[b]CURRENT OCCUPATION[/b] [size=11] (What is your character's current job? If they have not yet graduated school, delete this line) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]PERSONALITY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b] TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) [/b] [size=11] (Description of trait as it applies to your character) [/size]
[b] TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) [/b] [size=11] (Description of trait as it applies to your character) [/size]

[b]LIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like) [/size]

[b]DISLIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike) [/size]

[b]STRENGTHS[/b]
[size=11]■ (strength)
■ (strength) [/size]

[b]WEAKNESSES[/b]
[size=11]■ (weakness)
■ (weakness) [/size]

[b]FEARS[/b]
[size=11]■ (fear)[/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BACKSTORY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]EARLY CHILDHOOD[/b] [size=11] (Your character's life before they attended school) [/size]

[b]SCHOOL YEARS[/b] [size=11] (Your character's life in their school years) [/size]

[b]POST-GRADUATION[/b] [size=11] (what happened to your character after they graduated; this section will be added as their lives progress) [/size]

[align=right][size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]UPDATES[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]UPDATED[/b] [size=11] (date of most recent update) [/size]

[b]UPDATES MADE[/b]
[size=11]■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)[/size][/align]

If you are using the alternative skeleton and your character chooses to take any Continuing Education Courses, please add the relevant code below to your profile once they have been completed.

Individual Courses:
[b]CONTINUING EDUCATION SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Course ~ [/size]

Study Programs:
[b](career) STUDY PROGRAM SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Course ~[/size]

Post-Graduation Certification Program:
[b]N.E.W.T. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:44 pm
xxxX Childrenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceHere is the skeleton for Children Characters. All of your family goes into the same thread here in the Families subforum. Title your thread as '(your family's last name) Family' (I.E. Gaunt Family). The first post should have the list of all the family members in your family currently, as well as any house elves they may own and any NPCs that are in the family. The first post must also include a Signature section. Unless you are sharing ownership of a family with another member (which must be stated in the first post as well), you will automatically be in charge of accepting or denying requests from other users to add new family members to your family.

spaceWe're pretty strict about what must be in a profile. Try to make it pretty if you can, but all the information from the basic skeleton must be included in every profile. Make sure you follow all the instructions in the parenthesis while you're putting your skeleton together. Remove the parenthesis and everything in between them when you're done, please.

spaceThe Crew holds the right to accept or deny anybody. Please make sure you follow the rules when applying. The Crew will evaluate your profile and determine whether it is accepted, needs editing, or denied entirely, by stating so in the title of your thread.

spaceWhile this is a guild for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you may make muggle families with magical members, magical families with squib members, or even entirely muggle families if you so choose. That choice is up to you.

spacePlease remember to fill out a profile for each adult in the family that is a playable character. The code for the basic profile is located under the spoiler.

[b]Hi, my name is[/b] (Name)

[b]But I mostly go by[/b] (If you have a nickname, put it here. Otherwise, remove this option)

[b]I'm a[/b] (female? male?)

[b]I'm[/b] (Age) [b]years old.[/b]

[b]My birthday is[/b] (you can make this up! We have a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYnRnt84m7PdFVha0pUYzNBRnR2d0lfQzAwREJ0OWc]list[/url] that you can go in and add your character to. It's optional)

[b]My life goal is[/b] (what does your person want to do? What is their greatest wish or biggest dream? Can be a career, or an accomplishment, or something else entirely)

[b] My blood status is[/b] (Pure blood? Muggle? etc.)

[b]The school I will be going to is[/b] (which Wizarding school will you be attending when your of age. If you have a child in a Wizarding school already, replace [b]The school I will be going to is[/b] with [b]The school I'm at is[/b]. If you are making a muggle family member, just state the high school or college/university.)

[b]The house I'm in is[/b] (put which house you were sorted into. If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option)

[b]I'm interested in[/b] (girls, guys, both? Remove if too young to know)

[b]I'm currently with[/b] (who are you with? If no one, say so. If you are with someone in the guild, link their profile like so: [url=their profile]Their Name[/url])

[b]People can describe me as[/b] (Personality. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph at least 4-5 sentences long. We would like to see what your character is like.)

[b]My background story is[/b] (Bio about your character. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph to show what your character's life has been until now. Show me you can actually write.)

[b]I enjoy[/b] (At least five things your character likes. Hobbies, favorite classes, etc.)

[b]I despise[/b] (At least five things your character hates.)

[b]I'm afraid of[/b] (At least one thing that your character is afraid of. No exceptions.)

[b]My strengths are[/b] (what is your character good at? Limit 2; make sure they do not clash with flaws)

[b]My flaws are[/b] (what is your character bad at? Limit 2; make sure they do not clash with strengths)

[b]I look like[/b] (describe or link your picture. Do not post pictures, please. Simply link them as such: [url=your picture's url here]this[/url]. If you are using a celebrity face, make sure to say whose in your profile, and then request it!)

[b]My wand is a[/b] (what kind of wand do you have? Only applicable for those of age and going to their schools. If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option.) (length), (wood), with (core)

[b]My pet is a[/b] (what kind of pet do you have? If you do not have one, replace [b]My pet is a[/b] with either [b]My dream pet is[/b] or [b]The pet I will be getting for school is[/b])

[b]My O.W.L. Scores Are:[/b]
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

[b]My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:[/b]
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here you about your character that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

xxxX Alternate/Expanded Skeletonxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceIf you don't like the format of the original skeletons, you're free to use this alternate. Overall, it is the same as the original, but the format of the personality and backstory sections are broken up differently, and it can be filled out in third person. This post has the version for children; the post above has the version for adults. Both the appearance and the code for this skeleton are underneath the spoilers below.

Appearance:
xxFIRST NAMExxxMIDDLE NAMExxxLAST NAMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES (What people call your character)

GENDER (Male/Female/Other)

FACECLAIM (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List)

AGE (How old is your character)

BIRTHDAY (Month/Day/Year)

BLOOD STATUS (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn)

SEXUAL ORIENTATION (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other)

WAND (Length/Wood/Core)

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.)

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

YEAR (First-Seventh)

HOUSE (Gryffindor -or- Hufflepuff -or- Ravenclaw -or- Slytherin)

LIFE GOAL (What career does your character want? What do they want to accomplish in life? What is their greatest dream?)

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)

DISLIKES
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)

STRENGTHS
■ (strength)
■ (strength)

WEAKNESSES
■ (weakness)
■ (weakness)

FEARS
■ (fear)

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD (Your character's life before they attended school)

SCHOOL YEARS
FIRST YEAR (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
SECOND YEAR (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
THIRD YEAR (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
FOURTH YEAR (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
FIFTH YEAR (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
SIXTH YEAR (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
SEVENTH YEAR (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed)

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED (date of most recent update)

UPDATES MADE
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)

PENDED BY (do not touch this)
ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)

Code:
[size=20][u][color=white]x[/color]▧[color=white]x[/color][b]FIRST NAME[/b][color=white]xxx[/color][i]MIDDLE NAME[/i][color=white]xxx[/color][b]LAST NAME[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BASICS[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]NICKNAMES[/b] [size=11] (What people call your character) [/size]

[b]GENDER[/b] [size=11] (Male/Female/Other)[/size]

[b]FACECLAIM[/b] [size=11] (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List) [/size]

[b]AGE[/b] [size=11] (How old is your character) [/size]

[b]BIRTHDAY[/b] [size=11] (Month/Day/Year) [/size]

[b]BLOOD STATUS[/b] [size=11] (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn) [/size]

[b]SEXUAL ORIENTATION[/b] [size=11] (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other) [/size]

[b]WAND[/b] [size=11] (Length/Wood/Core) [/size]

[b]MORE-THAN-AVERAGE[/b] [size=11] (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]SCHOOL[/b] [i]AND[/i] [b]CAREER[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]ATTENDING[/b] [size=11]Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry[/size]

[b]YEAR[/b] [size=11] (First-Seventh) [/size]

[b]HOUSE[/b] [size=11] (Gryffindor -or- Hufflepuff -or- Ravenclaw -or- Slytherin) [/size]

[b]LIFE GOAL[/b] [size=11] (What career does your character want? What do they want to accomplish in life? What is their greatest dream?) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]PERSONALITY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]LIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like) [/size]

[b]DISLIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike) [/size]

[b]STRENGTHS[/b]
[size=11]■ (strength)
■ (strength) [/size]

[b]WEAKNESSES[/b]
[size=11]■ (weakness)
■ (weakness) [/size]

[b]FEARS[/b]
[size=11]■ (fear)[/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BACKSTORY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]EARLY CHILDHOOD[/b] [size=11] (Your character's life before they attended school) [/size]

[b]SCHOOL YEARS[/b]
[size=11]■ [b]FIRST YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
■ [b]SECOND YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
■ [b]THIRD YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
■ [b]FOURTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
■ [b]FIFTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
■ [b]SIXTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
■ [b]SEVENTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed) [/size]

[align=right][size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]UPDATES[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]UPDATED[/b] [size=11] (date of most recent update) [/size]

[b]UPDATES MADE[/b]
[size=11]■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)[/size]

[b]PENDED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size]
[b]ACCEPTED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size]
[b]RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size][/align]

If you are using the alternative skeleton, once your student has taken their OWL exams, add this section under their house:

Appearance:
O.W.L. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

Code:
[b]O.W.L. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

When they have taken their NEWT exams, add this section under their OWLs:

Appearance:
N.E.W.T. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

Code:
[b]N.E.W.T. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:04 pm
xxxx X xxxxThe Signature System: How Does It Work?xxxx X xxxx

Previously, whenever a family profile was updated, crew members would add their signature and the date onto an ever-growing list of signatures and dates. For some of the older families in the guild, this resulted in a list of update acceptances that was almost as long as the profiles themselves. We had previously attempted to make some changes to decrease the amount of signatures, but nothing really worked.

Thus, some of the Vice Captains got their heads together and discussed it, and came up with the new system.

From now on, all family profiles will be required to have the following form on their first post with the member list:

Accepted by: *crew signature*
Updates Accepted by: *crew signature*
Accepted Characters: (character list)

- The first signature, the 'Accepted by' line, will be the person who first accepted your family, with the date, like so:
Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк 2/14/2017

- The second signature, the 'Updates Accepted by' line, will be the person who accepted the most recent round of updates on that profile. Whenever a new person checks your profile, they will erase the previous signature and replace it with their own, with the date, like so:
Updates Accepted by: Essy [6/12/2017]

- The third line is not for signatures. Instead, it will have a list of the currently accepted family members. Each family member's name should be the same color as the member who originally accepted them, with the date next to their name, like so:
Accepted Characters: Carol [2/14/2017] Alex [2/14/2017] Robert - Pending [6/12/2017]

Notice the 'Pending' next to Robert's name. This indicates that the character has been checked, by Essy, as indicated by his name being the same color as her signature. The 'Pending' is to note that his profile is still pending his job acceptance, but the family as a whole is accepted.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 am
xxxx X xxxxProfile Updates : Thread Status Indicators and Warningsxxxx X xxxx

Thread Status Indicators are acronyms or notes included in your thread title to indicate the current status of your profile. Below is a list of the different status indicators you or crew might add to your profile's title. Make sure that you, as a member, are aware of what words and acronyms you should use to keep crew aware of what's going on with your profile.

xxxX Status Titles Added By Membersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

U/C - "Under Construction". If you are currently working on a new profile and it is not yet ready for review, please include this in the thread title to inform crew that they shouldn't look it over yet.
NCR - "Needs Crew Review". If your profile is complete and ready to be looked over, please include this in the thread title to let crew know they should check it.
Updated - If you have made changes to your profile and it is ready to be checked over for the new year, please include this in the thread title to let crew know you have updated it. Also, please post in the NCR Waiting List thread to indicate that you have made any updates to your characters if the thread is not on the first page of the Family Profiles forum or you cannot edit the first post of a thread. This alerts profile checkers that there is a profile that needs to be looked over.

Please note that once every six months a mass profile check will be conducted by the crew. They are conducted in June and December of each year. If you have not updated in that time, your family may be removed and moved to the Graveyard. If you still wish to play said family, you must find your profile from there, make any changes necessary, and PM Diamond Wales with the link to your profile. She will then look over the updates and either inform you of any problems you might have with said profiles or move them back to the Family Profiles forum.

xxxX Status Titles Added By Crewxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sign Guild Rules - This indicates that you have not yet signed the guild rules. You are required to do so before your profile can be reviewed by the crew.
Needs Editing - This indicates that your profile does not currently meet guild criteria and requires edits. The profile will have a note left by the crew member who checked it informing you of what changes need to be made. Please note that all requests made by crew are non-negotiable. Please note that after three edit requests, the profile will be denied and you will have to start over.
Accepted - This is added to all family threads once they are reviewed and accepted by a crewmember. Please note that not all characters are accepted, however, and may have been marked pending in the signature section of a profile. To have such characters officially accepted, please post in the NCR thread requesting for a profile checker to look over and accept them.
See Note - This indicates that, while there is no problem with your profile to prevent its acceptance, we have something we would like you to be aware of (this is usually a note about grammar, or a reminder to send in requests). Once you have seen the note and complied with it, you are free to remove it.

xxxX Profile Warningsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why did I get a profile warning?
- You removed an edit request
- You self-pended or accepted your profile
- You argued with a crew member
- You made changes to your profile that you are not allowed to make (radically altering backstory after the character has been accepted, adding an MTA that is not approved, etc)

What does a profile warning mean?
- Receiving three profile warnings on the same profile will result in a guild warning, and the removal of the profile.
- After three guild warnings, you are banned from the guild.

Do warnings go away?
- Yes and no. You will always have a warning for that profile logged in crew records. But, the warning itself will be removed from your profile thread the next time your profile is checked.
- If there is a warning on your character's profile and it does not get removed after one school year, please contact the crew member who most recently checked your profile and ask if they will take it off.

Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games