Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[SRP] A Simple Request (Gideon x Asyria)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:29 pm
It wasn't often that he received messages from his daughter; it was even less common for them to be summons. You see, Asyria had always known her place in the relationship with her father and she largely left him to his own devices, while he left her to her's. The understanding was that he had complete confidence in her to tend to her own needs, but should the time ever come that she truly needed his assistance, then she would know where to find him.

The male wasn't entirely sure what he would encounter as he approached the lands he had only recently passed by. His daughter had assured him that it would be her that greeted him as he returned. He wouldn't have to endure the barrage of questions from a suspicious patrol again, and instead, he would be provided with the necessary information he required post haste. Namely, he required a reason for such a bizarre summons... It was particular important given that his time was increasingly filled with duties that really meant that he couldn't afford any basic small talk.

Time was of the essence for him and his allies after all.

However, family did come first to some degree and even his superior had pointed this out. Thus it had been with the Justicar's blessing that Gideon had departed and made his way here. He hadn't missed the sand, that was for sure, but even from a distance he could see the familiar form of the dark lioness.

She had been waiting for him as promised, perched delicately upon a pale rock as she gazed out across the horizon towards him. My, but he certainly cut a figure, if there was ever a 'rogue' that the lionesses of the Firekin should have met, it was him. There wasn't a shy bone in his body and he positively radiated with confidence and strength... He was an example of what they should have been looking for, even if Asyria would have politely preferred that they didn't attempt to pursue her own father under her nose.

"You're here," she observed with a wry smile.

"I am indeed," Gideon confirmed with a small nod of his head. "But on borrowed time," he added without going in to any great detail. "What have you deemed significant enough to call me?" he asked softly and tilted his head to the side. "You seem well and there have been no reports of disturbances in this area..."

Straight down to business it seemed.

She really shouldn't have been surprised, this was her father after all and he always seemed to be prepared for every eventuality. She'd never quite worked out how either, but one of these days she was going to have to pick his brain and find out precisely how he managed to succeed. Who were his sources, how far was his range and more importantly, who provided him with that borrowed time?

"Fortunately nothing horrific has befallen the pride," she remarked and pursed her lips. "However the leadership here have made a number of decisions that put it at risk..." she paused for a moment to consider how best to approach the topic.

"I have an acquaintance here," she began again, albeit slowly. "His son intends to go out into the roguelands as part of an expedition to explore what opportunities exist out there."

Gideon's eyebrow arched, this was not something he would have deemed to be of significance.

"None of them have ever been beyond these borders, they don't know the dangers that exist out there. They don't know what not to eat, who to avoid, they have no none diplomatic etiquette," she frowned. "He's worried."

"And how does this involve me...?" Gideon asked slowly and shook his head. "Beyond you, I have no vested interest in this pride and we don't possess the bandwidth to baby -"

"I'm not asking you to babysit," she interjected and cleared her throat. "I'm asking you to use your network to keep an eye on them and make sure that if they do get in trouble, that I find out," she explained.

"Assuming we even have that bandwidth," Gideon murmured softly and released a sigh.

"I just need someone to tail them so I know they're ok, so I can tell him that his son if fine and will be home safely," she paused. "Even for a little while," she said finally. "I don't know what has you so busy, but if there's anything you can give..."

"What colour are they?" He said finally.

"What has that got to -"

"What colour are they?" He repeated somewhat more forcefully and raised a brow. If he was provided with good reason to tail them then he would be able to justify it, beyond that, it would be a waste of resources that were direly needed elsewhere.

"The majority are red, then there are some with black coats, and others that are almost entirely white with only a few markings. As a unit they should be easy to see from a distance," she said finally and narrowed her eyes. "Why?"

"And are they all as stubborn as your patrolling guards are...?" he enquired in a low tone.

"They..." She paused and then shook her head. "Honestly that is one of my concerns, yes. I worry that some of them have a limited capacity for diplomacy. Defend first, negotiate second, even if it means taking the offensive to try and intimidate."

"I'll have them watched, for a while at least," he murmured and gave a nod. "It won't be for the enterity of their excursion, unless we have reason for concern we will quickly leave them to their own devices," he clarified.

"That's all I need," Asyria confirmed. "Just enough to confirm that he's safe."

Gideon gave another of his nods.

"Anything else?" he asked, albeit cautiously, as he would have preferred not to make chitchat for longer than was absolutely necessary.

"None that I feel like your prepared to answer at this particular moment in time..." Asyria responded softly and narrowed her eyes. "But perhaps some day," she added. "When you have more than thirty seconds to spare...?"

"That I can do," he confirmed and gave a wry smile. "When the timing is more favourable, you can ask me whatever you want... For now though, I'll ensure that we keep at least one eye on your friend's son. If you don't hear from us, take it as encouraging," he advised and turned on his heel. "In the meantime Asyria, I have a request."

"Oh?"

"If you see anything strange, anyone strange... Call for me again," he advised. "Especially if the activity seems to occur at night," he finished. It was with that, that he began to distance himself from the border, leaving his daughter with more questions than she had answers....

Words: 1143

Epine de Rose

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces