[Chibale] In Aisha's Grace (Vermina,Danika) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:20 pm
Vermina had been collecting nuts when the rains started. With a basket of her spoils in hand, she made her way back to camp. The nuts could be mixed with syrup to make a sweet treat for the younglings on the island!

When the rain fell a little heavier, she ducked under one of the trees for cover. She leaned against the dark red truck and brushed water from her face. Hopefully, this would not last too long. As it was... it was quite soothing to listen to the rains patter against the leaves and the ground around her. She smiled and closed her eyes to listen to the natural song while she waited.
Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:17 pm
Cornetified

Danika had finished with her morning studies. The young mystic had assisted with blooming some lovely younglings and was delighted by the reaction from their mothers. It was such a blessing to see how life could come from the great mother and Danika enjoyed how she could brush some curls of hair away from a young bloom's forehead. Kissing their foreheads she had watched as the mothers' scooped up the babies into their arms. The first wails of life, the first breath, it was all so thrilling. Soon enough she would be handling it on her own without her mentor. The thought of that alone was daunting and reminded her of exactly how tired she could be.

Because despite the thrills of new life delivering was also exhausting. Danika tucked a stray curl behind a long pointed ear as she walked away from Aisha. While she enjoyed spending time with her great mother the young mystic also wanted some time away from it all. From her studies, the elders, those needing her healing and care....just a moment to allow her to breathe. Was that too much to ask today? At times it made her miss her youngling and apprentice days when she could sneak away more. Back then she could swim almost every morning to clear her mind and to relax...

Maybe then that was what she needed. So perhaps a swim would be in order. Danika glanced up at the skies thoughtfully. It had been a while since she had gotten a chance to have some time to herself after all. But then at the thought the heavens opened up and rains poured down into Chibale. Not that it offended Danika in the least. In actuality the alkidike listened to the patter as if it were music. Her lips curling up into a smile of pure delight the young mystic held out her hands to catch the fat drops before actually swaying her hips. Perhaps her mother had sent her another form of water to cheer her spirits. Laughing, a faint silvery sound that floated through the sounds of pouring rain, the girl twisted her body and splashed through the wet grounds in her own dance that had no care in the world.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:22 pm
A small smile had settled on her lips as she stood there. She could hear every note the rain made. Then, there was the sound of an actual voice! Eyes opening, Mina looked around for the source. Someone was dancing in the rain? Was she not worried about catching ill?

Peering harder, her eyes widened slightly. The mystic! ..That explained things. It was fun to see, but she still had her concerns, and this was their new mystic! Gripping her basket, she hurried out with one hand over her eyes. "Sister, aren't you concerned to catch ill playing in this rain?" she asked, holding out the cloth that had been covering her basket out to offer it to the mystic.
Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:29 pm
Cornetified

Danika's steps slowed as she realized that she wasn't alone. The young mystic's cheeks immediately flushed as she noticed another sister approaching her, "Should I be?" She found herself replying lightly, "I've been rather fortunate with good health and so far no rain has brought me pain." She smiled towards the other Alkidike, "In fact, since you've already caught me in the act I feel that you should enjoy the rains instead of hide from them." Taking the cloth she simply wrapped it around the other's head instead, "I appreciate the gesture, but as long as you don't tell on me to the elders I would prefer to be able to experience the storm to its fullest."

She held out her hands and caught some of the drops until they formed a small puddle in her palms, "It's like Aisha's blessing us when it rains. It brings life and cools our skin from the heat." She tilted her head with a small smile, "I also find it as a relief that makes me feel almost as if I am swimming when I do not have the free time for that luxury." Pausing she glanced towards the other alkidike with a warm smile, "Is that so strange, sister?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:48 pm
"It would be best to not push your luck then, I should think." Pursing her lips, Mina reached a hand up to touch the cloth now around her head. Surely she looked silly like this... She was already trying to subtly untie it when Aisha was mentioned, and she paused to listen attentively. When a mystic spoke of Aisha, others were expected to hear the words.

Brow knitting, she pulled the cloth off to place it back into her basket. "I was always told that the rains are for the plants while we enjoy water's many other forms and effects," she replied, chewing the inside of one cheek. This mystic was certainly of a more whimsical mind... Swimming in the rain? Despite it all, Mina found the idea rather charming... "I will trust your interpretation though, as your connection to Aisha is far greater than my aunt's, or my own." Oh, was she being contrary with the mystic?! "I-I apologize if I sounded presumptuous, sister. Of course you would know better than I!" Oh, she was always awkward when it came to conversation with the mystics; Danika in particular. Such an open and spirited mind compared to what Vermina was used to...
Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm
Cornetified

"How is it pushing luck when I am being blessed by the rains?" Danika tilted her head thoughtfully as she studied the other Alkidike, "It suits you to have something decorating your dreads." She complimented lightly before glancing back up to the rains. It seemed a pity, but they were letting up a bit. Still she was thankful for what there was and could only hope that the storm would come back again around them.

Her lips pursed slightly in a pout as she noticed that the other Alk had removed the cloth. Oh well. Her antenna did flick in amusement as her sister tried to ponder over her words, "You don't have to take my word as law." She teased lightly, "It's simply how I feel about the rain since I delight in its presence." If their race had fins instead of legs then Danika truly would have been at home, but still just being able to feel the water on her skin was enough to put the young mystic at ease. Danika actually found herself laughing as the other Alkidike apologized, "Oh, not at all! Please feel free to let me know if I ever sound too silly or dreamy." Danika reached out a hand to the other girl's shoulders, "You don't have to be so on edge with me." She glanced around before taking a step closer, "There's no elders or warriors to judge us if we were to just act normally. Just treat me like any other sister - perhaps a bit kinder at times, but other than that I would like to be friends."

Danika offered a small smile, "Though I know it's intimidating to be with a mystic, but I do wish to learn more about all of my sisters. Hard to do that, however, if they feel as if there is a wall between us all the time."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm
Lips pressing, she looked at the cloth in the basket again. It.. suited her? "I.. just do not wish to see you become ill from too much rain," she murmured, quite self conscious now. Who was she to say such things to the mystic?

Blinking lightly, she looked back to Danika curiously. The other mystics were so formal and above chatter with one such as herself... "Like any other sister?" she repeated, brow knitting slightly. Was.. that allowed? "If.. that's what you want," she said after a moment. "I will try." She gripped the handle of the basket with both hands now. Okay. Like anyone else... "Would you care for some nuts?" she asked, holding the basket up. "I've just gathered them."
Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 pm
Cornetified

Danika smiled brightly, "If the rain were to make me ill then I would have fallen ages ago." The mystic brushed a damp dread away from her forehead playfully, "It seems besides mystical abilities I've been blessed with great health and fortune." Her antenna flicked in amusement, "At least I'll continue to believe so and I hope you'll believe the same for me~" After all her mother wanted her to enjoy all of nature, correct? How could some rain harm her? Perhaps it was a bit overconfident on Danika's part, but the woman refused to live with worry - there was far too many concerns with her sisters as it was.

The young mystic nodded encouragingly, "Yes, please. I'm not as old as the others so I would prefer to live a bit in between doing my duties." She quipped lightly before blinking in surprise at the offering, "Would you offer this to just anyone?" She asked with a faint teasing smile flickering across her lips, "Still I won't decline any gifts." Danika reached forward and plucked a few nuts before pressing one to her lips, "Mmm."

"So do you gather around here often? I'm so accustomed to hearing sisters speaking of the hunt that actual gathering seems to be a rare thing for me." Danika pursed her lips as she prepared another nut, "Sounds fun though to get to go through the forests and gather things. Almost like a treasure hunt, right?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:42 pm
"May the rest of your days be as blessed," Vermina said without thinking. Still, she glanced warily up at the heavy sky. Perhaps she was the one who should not be pushing her luck with the rain? The tease made her eyes widen slightly. "Of course!" she replied in earnest. "I would be glad to share anything I harvest with any sister."

The hunt? Mina paused a moment before nodding. "I suppose I do. With many sisters here to hunt, it is good to get a variety in our meals, no?" Looking back at the forest, she found a smile rising. "Yes, it is rather like a treasure hunt." Facing Danika again, Mina hesitated. Treat her like any other sister... "Would you, perhaps, if you have time.. like to join me the next time I go out to gather?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 pm
Cornetified

"That's good to hear." Replied Danika with a sincere smile, "It's good to see someone who is so willing to help her Sisters." That was what they needed in these times after all. Rather than fighting constantly they all needed to pull together to help defeat any approaching darkness. She just wished that she had been around in the decades past to try and stop the other fights that had divided the Alkidikes so severely.

Danika smiled and nodded, "That is a good point. I suppose it would be tiresome to eat only meat constantly." Her antenna flicked upwards with amusement as Vermina continued talking, "I would be delighted to join you." Danika's cheeks flushed ever so slightly, "Is it also acceptable for me to call you by name?" The mytic studied the other Alkidike, "Or a nickname even is alright?" Or was that too close? Even Danika was hesitant about how other Sisters viewed her and sometimes they preferred for the mystic to keep her distance, not because they disliked her but because she was such a blessed and sacred persona. It was a stress on Danika's shoulders so when she could make friends that treated her normally and with ease she felt even more blessed. Not that she would force herself on anyone, but if they were willing to allow it then she would be happy to have Sisters who could be at ease in her presence.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 pm
Danika's delight in the invitation sent a warm feeling through Vermina's chest. Making others happy was what she lived for...

By name? Her nickname!! Vermina could barely stop herself from squealing like a youngling. The mystic wanted to call her by a nickname!!!! "You may use whichever you prefer," she said, showing more control than she felt, though her own cheeks her splotchy with excitement. "My name is Vermina, but my aunt calls me Mina."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 pm
Cornetified

Danika smiled, "Vermina, it's pretty~ But Mina is nice as well." Her antenna twitched as a sign of her quiet happiness, "I suppose I should expect my name to be known, but if you would like I don't mind being called Dani." She glanced towards the skies as she spoke, "It looks like the rain is really going away now and I don't know what to do. My studies ended early and I have some free time...do you have any plans, Mina?"

She studied the other Alkidike almost shyly, "If you're busy I understand, but if not I could use company on a walk? I like to go and slip into the waters when I can." It was rare that she had enough time to just relax with another like this and even rarer to actually have time to swim anymore, but Danika always tried her best on days like today to try and burn through her studies so that these rare moments could finally be achieved. And what a great day for it considering she had met a new friend!  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:52 pm
Mina couldn't believe her fortune today. When the mystic mentioned a nickname for herself though, Mina's eyes widened with indecision. Call her mystic by a nickname? Danika was encouraging it, but the idea of such informality-!! "Thank you," was all she could manage at the time. Expectations of cultural propriety clashed with the desire for individual friendship, making an easy choice into a complex conundrum in Vermina's mind.

Looking down at her basket, the prentice thought a moment before shaking her head. "I have nothing that can not wait for later. I'm afraid I do not swim very well, myself, but I would be happy to accompany you."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:06 pm
Cornetified

"Oh perfect!" Danika beamed at Vermina before gesturing forward, "If you do not mind then I can enjoy the company." Her gaze studied the other Alkidike thoughtfully, "It is a shame since I adore swimming in the deeper waters myself. It really relaxes me." She took a few steps forward, "Not that I get the chance to do these things as much due to recent events, but since I have managed to get some freedom I suppose I should use it to do the things I enjoy."

Danika paused before looking back towards Vermina, "Do you think that's selfish of me?" Her antenna lowered as she glanced around the rest of the forest which was thankfully quiet since most were in a meeting that she had been excluded from once more, "I like to take the time to reflect upon things but I'm always worried that I'm letting someone down by being distant and not with the rest of the Sisters. Though surely if the need arises I always hear about it and can rush to their aid...Aisha willing." More like Eshe willing or the Elders willing. If only she could have more freedom to interact with the Sisters who lived outside of Chibale and to go out and battle as necessary. Even the thrill of the hunt seemed so exhilarating and could give her a sense of being a warrior, not that tending to the blossoms didn't give her a sense of purpose mind you. It just seemed that she could do so much more, she wanted to grow quickly and become the best that she could for her people and strangely enough patience for growth was not her strength.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm
"I do not wish to get in the way of your pleasure. You may swim as you wish, and I will simply do what I can in the shallows." Brow cocking, she looked at Danika with surprise. "But Mys- I mean- Danika, you are such an important part of the community. You give so much that one could not possibly hold against you the desire to have a little free time to yourself."

She gave Danika an encouraging smile. "Everyone knows that you are willing to assist the moment you are called. They will certainly let you know if you are needed."

Sabra Knight

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces