Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am
Orpheus Solon

Despite all his protests of not liking to leave the borders of Tale he found himself once again in the land of Wind. Though this time was of his own choice and not by a compulsion to find someone in his family. No, this time was because he was on the hunt for a familiar. He'd seen all the beasts in Tale and now he wanted to see those in Sauti. Of course he'd not yet picked which one he wanted for his own.

With the trip being a long one he was happy when he found an Inn to stay at. Shea opened the door and stepped inside, thankful for the instant shade though his eyes took a moment to adjust. The leafling had to blink several times to make sure the brightness of outside left no spots in his vision.

Once he could see again he looked around and smiled. It was a nice place to be sure. "Hello." Shea called out in a polite voice.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 am
Heras Box

Eira turned to look toward the door as the bell above it gave a chiming sound, spotting a handsome young man. Giving her best smile she lifted a hand, waving at him, and said, "Welcome to my inn, young man. Please check any weapons you have in at the bar, please." She motioned to where she was currently leaning at the moment. The rules of her inn were pretty simple and the checking of weapons was something she could do at the moment since it was during the day and things were pretty slow at the moment, meaning her bouncer was else where.

Pushing away from the bar she stretched out all over before walking around it, stepping over the sleeping snaptrotter that was located there, while motioning for her new customer to come closer, "Are you in need a room while you're here? A meal? Or just trying to get out of the blazing sun?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 am
Orpheus Solon

The greeting he got made him look toward the woman behind the counter and the first thing he noticed was.. Her eyes. (Get your mind out of the gutter!) Shea knew they were the same as any Ice earthlings were but for some reason he liked hers. Next thing he took note of were her clothes. They were flowy and decorative. Did she perform?

As she stepped over a snaptrotter he smiled at her and moved a bit closer as he began to untie his sword from his waist. Keeping it sheathed he brought it to her, though he did managed to take the necklace off the hilt before he relinquished it to her care. "Looking for a room actually. Do you have any available?" He gave his best charming smile to help him out. Maybe it would even get him some kind of discount.

"A meal would be nice as well." Of course he didn't want to push his luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:51 am
Heras Box

Eira gave a smile, "Thank you! It's always nice when strapping young men like yourself abide by the rules of this place. It makes it a lot easier for us to become friends." She said as she took the sword from him, moving to place it on a shelf behind the bar where it would be safe and out of reach just in case! One didn't want sharp weapons on hand in case those drinking got themselves into a tussle after all. Mistakes that couldn't be undone could be made... and blood could stain her hard wood floors.

Giving a nod she reach under the bar, getting out a book, and flipped it open, "Just over night or are you planning to stay for a while?" She asked, looking over the contents of the ledger and said, "Either way there are opens for a... single room, yes? Or are you expecting company?"

"Meals are provided for those staying with us. We have stew on hand made with capramel meat and various fresh vegetables brought to us by a merchant from Dernd. I can get you a bowl once we get your room squared away...?" She gave him a questioning look, awaiting a name to write down.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 am
Orpheus Solon

Handing over his weapon hadn't been such a big deal to him since he wasn't expecting any fights so he wondered who would ignore the rule. Shea wasn't sure he cared so much as long as he didn't have to see the woman deal with someone like that. He continued to smile at her as she looked into her ledger. "A single will do just fine and no.. no company." Not that he didn't want any just that he had no one that fit that capacity. At least not yet.

Knowing that meals were served to guests as an inclusion to the room he seemed pleased. It certainly made things much easier. "Ah, my name is Shea, Miss.." He left his own statement open ended so that he might learn her name as well. It wouldn't do to not know a beautiful woman's name. Not to mention she was the person making his arrangements.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am
Heras Box

"Alright, a single it is. Do you care if it's on the top or bottom floor? I will warn you the lower floors are nearer to the stage and therefore a bit louder at night since that is when this place really picks up." Best to warn him ahead of time lest he miss out on a good night's sleep due to picking the wrong place to sleep. If he knew ahead of time he couldn't complain she thought to herself with a bit of a grin.

"Shea? It's wonderful to meet you, my name is Eira." It was kind of cute of him to call her 'Miss' as it made her feel young, as such she saw no reason to correct him. Instead she said told him how much it would cost for a night at the inn, as well as the price for longer stays which were cheaper in the long run. She'd leave it up to him to decide how long he wanted to stay while she got a bowl from behind the bar.

After giving him a careful once over she asked, "You look more like you're of the age to stick to the more non-alcoholic drinks, yes? In that case we have purified water and juice." Unless she was mistaken and he merely looked young? Hard to say these days. Better to guess too young then too old and end up getting someone too young drunk.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am
Orpheus Solon

He thought about it for a moment before grinning. "Bottom. I like a little noise." Shea had spent one too many nights in the silence under the stars. Hearing some noise would make him feel a bit less lonely.

With her name given to him he nodded his head. "Nice to meet you Miss Eira." When he started to dig into his bag for the payment he paused long enough to do the math and figured out that he would like to stay more than one night. "Would you mind if I stayed for three nights?" It would work out better for him in the long run.

When she mentioned alcoholic drinks he shook his head. "Old enough but I don't have a taste for them. Water will be just fine." Shea also considered the fact that he had been walking all this time and he needed to hydrate. As Eira went about getting the bowl and things ready for him he watched her. Mostly his eyes seemed glued to hers, the way her lashes made the color seem just a little bit darker and the cosmetics she used to make them stand out more.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 am
Heras Box

"Wonderful!" She said, noting down in the book alongside his name which room he'd be staying in along with how long he'd be staying. Three nights, huh? That gave him time to really enjoy the place or so she hoped. So long as her guests enjoyed their stay they would share the information with friends who might come to stay as well. Giving a smile she said, "Alright then, you will be staying in room number 2 on the bottom floor. I can show you where it is once I see to it that you're fed."

The payment was taken and tucked away along with the ledger before she saw to filling a mug of water first. It was placed before him and she said with a smile, "Magically purified water that can be obtained only here. Enjoy! I will get your stew now."

With that she stepped carefully once more over the snoozing Branko, walking over to where the cauldron was bubbling over the fire in the fire place, and scooped her guest up a healthy portion. Once the bowl was filled she returned, playing it in front of him along with a spoon and cloth napkin, "There you go. If you'd like anything else you need only ask."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm
Orpheus Solon

He put the number of his room into memory and nodded at her. "Thanks." Then his attention was on the mug of water as she claimed that it could only be obtained there. It was enough to make him raise a brow in curiosity. "That so?" Shea had to admit he wanted to know what made the water so special.

Once he had his bowl he thanked the woman again and smiled at her. "How about some polite conversation?" It was nice talking to someone other than himself. Plus he wanted to know where he could find some decent beasts. The leaf man was on a mission after all and he needed to know more about Sauti if he was going to search for a familiar.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm
Heras Box

Eira walked over and settled down on one of the barstools, glancing around the room, before giving a smile, "I would enjoy that. It's a slow time of day so I'm only too happy to have your company, Shea." Better then just waiting around in a bored manner for some of the troupe to join her or for more guests to show up. It were as though Chi knew that she was suffering from such boredom and meant to help her alleviate it.

Giving a smile she asked, "What brings you to Sauti? Just seeing the sights? If your lucky you might be able to spot a firebird flying passed." It was a rare sight but still one that Eira greatly favored as the beautiful birds really were some of her favorite beasts. Given that Tale and Sauti were so close having a member of the Leaf Tribe visiting the inn wasn't really all that rare a thing. That didn't mean that it didn't interest her since any visitor tended to bring with them news from around the world that she might have missed. Something she'd have to ask him about during their friendly conversation.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 pm
Orpheus Solon

He was pleased to hear that she would sit with him and keep him company. It would make things that much more interesting. Shea started to shake his head but then paused. "Well, I hadn't come with the intention of seeing the sights, but a firebird would be interesting. And I have the luck to find a beautiful exotic woman as well." Nothing wrong with a bit of flattery.

"Actually I came to look for a familiar. Any suggestions?" Shea just hoped that she didn't send him clear to the south for one. He had chosen Sauti because it was a neighbor to Tale. If he found nothing here then he would search Jauhar next.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Heras Box

Eira gave a grin at the compliment, "Aren't you a sweet talker?" Not that she was the sort to ever shrug off a compliment. Eira wasn't a shy woman nor was she a humble one, so compliments were always welcome.

"Familiars?" She gave a humming sound as she considered the question. That wasn't exactly her area of expertise as she only had two herself, neither of which were really native to Sauti that she knew of. After a moment of thought she said, "There are morackers about. Loud little rodents that Gyuri, the guard here, is often chasing out of the stables so that they don't disturb the beasts staying there." They were alright at a distance but loud up close.

She thought on it a bit more and continued, "There are sailscales, which are... alright from what I have seen of them. My brother has one of those that follows him around." Not really her thing but they were still considered pet materials, "Oh! There are also a new sort that I've seen once or twice accompanying their owners called loatoa. I wouldn't mind one of those myself as they seem quite cute and fluffy.They are a bit further South East from here though, in the mountains."

A shame, if they were located closer she'd send Gyuri or Makani after one of them for her.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:20 pm
Orpheus Solon

He was thankful that the woman took the compliment rather than being offended by it. Shea had had a few that thought he was simply trying to get into bed with them when he called them beautiful. Not a conversation he was all that comfortable with. Trying to explain that he meant it only as an observation rather than a line and then offending the woman farther since they then thought that he was telling them they weren't good enough. He pushed those thoughts away though since it seemed that Eira was answering him about the familiars.

"I'm not overly fond of rodents." Shea declined the idea of having one as a pet. Though he did seem interested in the Sailscale as well as the Loatoa. It even perked his interest that she wanted one. "Well if I head that way I'll see if I can't get one for you." Even if he didn't end up wanting one he could always get one for a beautiful woman. Especially one that gave him good information about where to search for a familiar.

"The sailscale.. is your brother nearby so I can see the beast? I'm curious about how they fare as a pet." If he needed to travel a small ways to meet the woman's brother then that was fine.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:42 pm
Heras Box

"I can't say that I am either. Mostly because the ones that live in Sauti can be rather loud." She gave a shake of her head. They weren't her favorite animal in the word but that was yet another reason to try to get herself a loatoa, because she heard that they could be used to chase off the moracker which were some of their favored prey. Nothing better then when a pet also had a job as well. It made them far more useful to her.

At the question about her brother she gave a nod of her head, "He should be around, yes. Given the time of day he is either fetching water or he's bringing his pets out for a walk." She said, knowing to a degree where he was most times of day... unless it was one of those moments where Makani and Sinny vanished. Those were the times she didn't want to know where they were. Giving a smile she said, "I'm sure I could point you in the right direction if you'd like to catch up with him after you finish your meal."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:56 pm
Orpheus Solon

A rodent was bad enough but to also have one that was loud? Shea shook his head. He might like the noise of others but to have a pet that was loud and annoying would just get on his nerves.

Finding out that the woman's brother was in fact around the Inn he took a quick look around. When Shea found no one that looked like her in the immediate area he brought his dark green gaze back to her. "Sure, I'd like to meet him and see about the sailscale." If he liked the beast well enough then he might go and get one of his own. Of course that was saying he liked the thing. If it was annoying or would prevent him from doing what he wanted then he likely wouldn't want it.

"So what made a beautiful woman like you decide to live in Sauti?" It was something that made him curious. Didn't she miss her home land? He knew he would.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff