Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[PRP] Learning the land (Mkali'nyoka x Haru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 am
User Image

Mkali was given her mission, and now it was up to her to not mess it up. Of course, that wasn't really hard on normal circumstances, but she had ran into a little problem. A male of a problem. Today, she had managed to slip through his paws and get away from his sight, but who knew how long that would last. She could do this. Doing this would show how capable she really was. A challenge she longed for, she decided.

She had proven her strength to this pride, and act the part she needed. Wasn't too hard, honestly. She flicked her tail about as she walked carefully across the sandy land. Sand was hot to the touch, but it didn't bother her too much. The sun had only been out for a few hours, so the heat wasn't as bad as it could have been.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:53 am
User Image
Haru was now a high ranking member of the pride. The problem was, at heart he was still a guard. It was a hard mindset to get out of but as a brigadier he was expected to lead. There was much turmoil in the pride at the moment, word of bands readying to leave the pride.

He had been born a rogue and though he sort of knew he had some heritage from the firekin he had been born outside, he knew what the world was like and although he of course, was going on the missions, he knew the world beyond the borders were harsh and unforgiving.

The phrase harsh, it was a foolish sort of thought, the desert they resided in was harsh, unforgiving, yet they banded together and called it home. It amused him to think the rogue lands were harsh. He was halfway though this most silly of thoughts when his gaze fell upon the black lioness. He didn't know her, which basically meant she was new. He had been drafted in to the guards upon joining the pride and with it came a certain amount of caution that he just couldn't shake away. Perhaps it was even more his job to be suspicious now?

Truthfully he didn't know what his job was now, he had much to learn. "Greetings, don't believe I know your face, and I know pretty much everyone's." He states rather simply pulling himself to a sandy halt his paws splaying automatically so that he could fight or run if needed. The sand was your friend, if you knew how to treat it.

I Lady Kiya I

Syrius Lionwing

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm
The male lion had almost startled her. Almost. She had gotten use to those of the pride coming up and interrogating her, even if she had won her spot in the pride fair and square, many didn't actually know her. Not that they ever would completely know her, anyways. She gave a friendly smile to the male and inclined her head. "I'm Mkali'nyoka"

"I don't think we have met, I am new." She said she looked him over carefully, perhaps he was someone important, perhaps not. That was one thing she would learn eventually. It wasn't her job to know everything, just to find out what she could. However, the more she could find out, the better. "I'm a water seeker" It seemed a pretty good job for her. She could wonder the lands and report to those she needed to report to without anyone actually knowing anything was amiss. It was the perfect plan.

Of course, some draw backs were being presented. "Pleasure to meet you"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:10 pm
"Haru." He smiles a slightly toothy smile, "Newly appointed Brigadier." He puffed out his chest though he deflated rather swiftly and chuckled, an embarrassed flicker crossing his maw. "That sounds a lot like I am tooting my own horn, but I'm really not, I just wanted to see how it sounded." He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Sounds strange even to my ears." He nodded to himself, the taste of the word brigadier was strange to him, he supposed it would take some getting used to.

"You seem used to the sands as a whole were you born amongst dunes? I was born a rogue, got used to walking sand before I came here though, what about you?" He raised a brow, he felt perhaps he was being too friendly. It was his way though, curiosity may have killed the cat but it always enlightened the guard.

I Lady Kiya I

Syrius Lionwing

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm
"Naturally, you should be proud of your new title." She said with a nod. Interesting, interesting. She would keep note of this for now. She wasn't sure how important it was, but it something she would keep in mind for future references. It could give her a lead on what might be happening. "I'm sure it'll take a while to get use to, I mean I'm still getting use to being in a pride." She chuckled. Mostly because she knew that was a lie in a way. She was getting use to THIS pride, but not being in a pride.

"I couldn't say I was or wasn't, but I grew up around it." That part was truth, she had always been around this type of land all her life. "Not around here, though." She said with a taking a deep breath. "The air is a bit different here, that will take some getting use to." she looked back to him with a smile. She wondered what he was thinking, everything about him was curious."I was once told one could never get use to such lands, how wrong they were." She said in agreeing to his statement. "Of course, I don't think that lion had actually ever lived in these lands for long." she chuckled.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:57 am
Haru tilted his head curiously, his coal black eyes concentrated on the female. He was no expert but he could generally tell when people were lying. Not that he ever called them out but a prickle down his spine told him at least part of her statement was false even if he didn't know which part.

"I have heard there are harder places to live, harsh and barren even compared to the desert." He raised a brow "Of course a lot of places that bare sand smell different, the sea for example, lots of sand and smells of salt and fish." He let out a slow calm breath.

"Of course there is a pride by the sea the air smells very differently down there, have you ever travelled that far?" He raises both brows questioningly, he supposed he shouldnt give her too many questions, he was quite a trusting lion on the whole really, however, being a guard at heart he liked to ask, he had asked many a rogue where they came from so he hoped she wouldn't find it too much of an interigation. "I am afraid when you spend the bulk of your adult life guarding the borders to your pride, you gain a nosey attitude, you do not need to answer, if it troubles you."

I Lady Kiya I

Syrius Lionwing

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:09 pm
She wondered if he was being more suspicious of her than he wanted to let on? No matter, he had no proof of anything about her. After all, everyone has their secrets. She gave a shrug. "I suppose I haven't been fully out in the sea area." She said truthfully. "I hear it's quite a paradise though." She said with a smile. "Maybe one day I will end up venturing that way while seeking out some fresh water." Of course, she heard that sea was deadly to try to drink.

"I doubt it though, I hear it's not the type to actually life off of." She shook her head. "Is a curious thing, hearing that there is actually a pride upon that death water." She wasn't very familiar with that sort of water, but she did know that most rivers flowed in that direction. "there is truth in the smell of every sand is different." She agreed. "It is just something one will have to get use to, but it's a welcoming smell." She smiled warmly at the other.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 am
The blood red lion gave a nod of approval. There were changes happening in the motou'jamii and he knew that there would be an expedition in to the rogue lands. he wondered briefly if she would be joining but perhaps a new rogue wouldn't bother. After all they had come here to be a part of a pride jumping straight back in to the rogue lands again would probably seem pointless.

"You know there will be an expedition in to the rogue lands soon, we could use wise rogues such as yourself. I was born out there myself but it has been many years since I have strayed over the borders of the firekin. I'm not even sure my paws will work out there any more." He chuckles jovially, the lioness was friendly enough, perhaps his suspicions were unwarranted.

I Lady Kiya I

Syrius Lionwing

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 am
The dream of traveling filled her eyes for the moment. It would be a good thing to report about, she was sure. Though, she didn't want to look too eager to join the caravan. She looked at the lion with a smile. "I'm sure your paws are harder than you think." Though, she knew the sand was softer than some other land out there.

"As lovely as travelling sounds, I think these paws need a rest." She decided to say. She needed to make others think she traveled a long, long way to get here. some sort of believable back story of sorts. She was winging it as she went, however.

"Don't need to add red to the bottom of my paws" she chuckled at herself. Her feet were sore, she wasn't lying there. Walking and planning, and more walking. But here she was now. Here she was to stay for an undetermined about of time. "I should learn the way here before trying to learn more rogue lands" She said with a nod.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff