Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Wyn Family ~ Accepted *Needs Updating*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Hogwarts Alumni/Students - All Houses - Upper Class/Well-Known - Welsh - Castle Aur
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ THE WYN FAMILY

tab 「 GWYNFAIR ALYS WYN: b. 1984, Hufflepuff, Single, Minister for Magic
                              tab 「 CADOC ALISTAIR WYN: b. 1987, Gryffindor, Married, NPC
                              tab 「 DARRYN MATTHEW WYN: b. 1990, Gryffindor, Married, Welsh Chaser
                              tab 「 ARAVIS STARLING WYN: b. 2001, Gryffindor, Married (Rosentha), Healer
                              tab 「 WILLIAM ZEPHYR RADCLIFFE: b. 2018, Gryffindor, Single, Unemployed
                              tab 「 CHARLOTTE BELLAMY WYN: b. 2028, Unsorted, Single, Unemployed
                              tab 「 IDRIS MARION WYN: b. 1995, Ravenclaw, Single, NPC

tab 「 ACCEPTED BY: ✔ Essy! [5/22/17]
tab 「 UPDATES MADE: 5/20/17: Faceclaim/Dream job added to everybody.
tab 「 UPDATES ACCEPTED BY:
tab 「 ACCEPTED CHARACTERS: Gwynfair [5/22/17] Darryn [5/22/17] Aravis [5/22/17] William [5/22/17] Charlotte [5/22/17]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Hogwarts - Hufflepuff - Class of 2002 - Minister for Magic - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ GWYNFAIR ALYS WYN

tab AGE: fifty-three
                              tab BIRTHDAY: april 17, 1984
                              tab GENDER: female
                              tab SEXUALITY: aromantic asexual
                              tab BLOOD STATUS: half-blood
                              tab WAND: seven inches, walnut, with unicorn hair
                              tab PATRONUS: wolf
                              tab FAMILY: cadoc wyn (brother), darryn wyn (brother), aravis wyn (sister-in-law), william radcliffe (step-nephew), charlotte wyn (neice)
                              tab PET: calico cat named lady

tab STRENGTHS & OPINIONS:
                              tab tab Strengths: Charms & Defense Against the Dark Arts
                              tab tab Loves: Flower Arranging, Volunteering, Quidditch, Astronomy, Work
                              tab tab Dream Job: Anything where she can help people.
                              tab tab Dislikes: Arrogance, Backstabbers, Bullies, Public Restrooms, Being Alone

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: Arithmancy & Flirting
                              tab tab Fears: Neglecting Duty, Heights, Amphibians

tab PERSONALITY

There's people out there who'd like to say that Gwyn is a demanding and intimidating woman. If you asked her if that bothered her, she'd likely brush it off with a smile. If people think that of her, then they just don't know her well enough. Gwyn is the type of person to stick through things until the end. If she makes you a promise, you know that she's going to do what she says, as she always feels guilty if she doesn't keep her promises. People who actually know her enjoying being her friend. Gwyn is a friendly person who gets along with most people. She's outgoing enough to be able to go up to people who look like they could use some company and say hello.

tab CHILDHOOD:

I was born in Wales many years ago. I am the oldest of four children and was closest to my brother Cadoc, him being only a couple of years younger than myself. Darryn did try to hang around with us, but it just wasn't as fun. Idris wasn't born until I was ten, so I didn't get to play with her much. When I was eleven, my Hogwarts letter came. My parents were so excited and spared no expense in getting me ready.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

When I got to Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat placed me in Hufflepuff, a decision I didn't mind. Everyone was so friendly. I did well in all of my classes and even helped out a few of my friends when it came time for finals. Apparently, I had just missed seeing the Tri-Wizard Tournament, but that didn't mean the year wasn't interesting. Everyone was going on about how Voldemort was or wasn't back. Our defense against the dark arts teacher was pretty adamant about the fact that he wasn't. The only reason that I managed to pass that class that year was because one of my older friends was involved in a group called Dumbledore's Army and was actually learning stuff and figured she should pass it on.

My second year was extremely interesting, but still not the most memorable year I had at Hogwarts. Everything was fine until the end of the year. That was when Dumbledore was killed on the astronomy tower. I didn't see it, but everyone knew about it when it happened. I even attended his funeral.

My most memorable year at Hogwarts was my third year, and not for the friends I made or the things I learned. It was by far the worst year to be a student at Hogwarts, and I hope the year never repeats itself. You see, with Dumbledore's passing, Professor Snape was put in charge of the school. There were quite a few of my friends who didn't attend because they had muggle parents or had parents who had a terrible feeling about the year to come. And what a year it was. There were Death Eaters teaching at the school, and, well, I can tell you what an unpleasant experience it is to go through the Cruciatus Curse. Of course, it didn't last forever. Harry Potter came back and the Battle of Hogwarts took place. Being a third year, I didn't fight. I've never been much of a fighter anyways. I was evacuated, and that was probably the most terrifying moment in my entire life.

The rest of my years at Hogwarts were pretty quiet. What did you expect?

tab tab O.W.L. Scores:

Astronomy: O
                              Charms : O
                              Defence Against the Dark Arts: O
                              Herbology: A
                              History of Magic: E
                              Potions: A
                              Transfiguration: E
                              Wizard Law: O
                              World Studies: A

tab tab N.E.W.T. Scores:
                              Astronomy: A
                              Herbology: E
                              World Studies: O

tab POST-GRADUATION:

After Hogwarts, I ended up going to work for the Portkey Office. A few year in, I became the head of the office, and even managed to become the Head of the Department of Magical Transportation. Eventually, I became the Minister for Magic. Pretty good for someone who didn't know what they wanted to do. As Minister, I get to attend quite a few interesting events. One of the first ones I remember was Circus Maisc where my brother nearly died when some dark wizards showed up. Since then, my brother has married the healer that saved his life, and has even taken her son from her previous marriage under his wing. The two of them also had a daughter of their own.

Eventually, I decided to retire from being Minister. The job is rather stressful, and I had a family that I wanted to spend time with.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab UPDATED: 4/25/2020
                              tab CHANGES MADE: SHE LIVES. AGAIN.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:48 pm

User Image
                              Face-Claim: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Hogwarts - Gryffindor - Class of 2008 - Welsh Quidditch Chaser - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ DARRYN MATTHEW WYN

tab AGE: forty-seven
                              tab BIRTHDAY: november 21, 1990
                              tab GENDER: male
                              tab SEXUALITY: heterosexual
                              tab WAND: fourteen inches, chestnut, with fair wings
                              tab PATRONUS: wolf
                              tab FAMILY: gwynfair wyn (sister), cadoc wyn (brother), aravis wyn (wife), halice rosentha (mother-in-law, presumed to be deceased), zephyr rosentha (father-in-law, deceased), william zephyr radcliffe (step-son), charlotte wyn (daughter)
                              tab PET: owl named rush

tab tab Strengths: Flying & Potions
                              tab tab Loves: Flying, Music, Annoying my Sisters, Good Food, Parties
                              tab tab Dream Job: Pro-Quidditch Player
                              tab tab Dislikes: Intrusive People, Circuses, Poor Playing Conditions, Rodents

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: Clumsiness & Curses
                              tab tab Fears:Being bound, Cemeteries

tab PERSONALITY

I'm a pretty nice guy with an arrogant side. Sometimes, I just don't see that something's wrong and not working, but I do tend to listen to other people and take suggestions pretty well. I'm extremely caring toward my family and would do anything for them.

tab CHILDHOOD:

I was born in Wales quite a while ago, but not too far ago. I am the second youngest of the Wyn siblings, and the youngest son. I was fairly close to my siblings, but I was closer to Idris. At the age of eleven, I joined my siblings and went to Hogwarts.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

Gwyn and Cadoc had a much more interesting time at Hogwarts than I did. They were there when the Battle of Hogwarts took place. They didn't fight, because they were too young. When I started Hogwarts, everything had calmed down, and I was sorted into Gryffindor. I shortly joined the quidditch team where my brother was captain. He was so hard on me. I didn't think it was fair, and I still don't think it was fair.

As far as my grades go, I wasn't the best, but I wasn't the worst. I made friends here and there, but never got into a relationship. My last year, I was scouted by the Welsh national team, where I joined my brother.

tab tab O.W.L. Scores:

Astronomy: O
                              Herbology: A
                              Potions: A
                              World Studies: A

tab tab N.E.W.T. Scores:
                              Herbology: E
                              World Studies: O

tab POST-GRADUATION:
                              Yes, I took the offer to play Quidditch. I'd be a fool not to. I ended up playing chaser, and I've been playing with the idea of being captain, but I'm not sure. I also managed to find love in the oddest place: at the circus where I nearly died. There ended up being an attack, and I fell for the healer who saved my life. I even adopted her son and we have a child of our own.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES

tab UPDATED: 5/10/17
                              tab CHANGES MADE: Total overhaul.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm

User Image
                              Face-Claim: Gal Gadot

Hogwarts - Gryffindor - Class of 2019 - Healer - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ ARAVIS STARLING WYN

tab AGE: thirty-six
                              tab BIRTHDAY: june 21, 2001
                              tab WAND: thirteen inches, cherry, with fair wings
                              tab PATRONUS: lynx
                              tab FAMILY: halice rosentha (mother, presumed dead), zephyr rosentha (father, desceased), william radcliffe (former husband, desceased), william zephyr radcliffe (son), gwynfair wyn (sister-in-law), cadoc wyn (brother-in-law), darryn wyn (husband), idris wyn (sister-in-law), charlotte wyn (daughter)
                              tab PET: shetland sheepdog named star

tab tab Strengths: Healing & Charms
                              tab tab Loves: Family, Adventures, Quidditch (watching), Reading, and Helping Others
                              tab tab Dream Job: Healer
                              tab tab Dislikes: Impatience, Gossip, Cleaning, Injustice, and Fire

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: History of Magic & Flying
                              tab tab Fears: Dragons, Loosing more Family, Heights

tab PERSONALITY

Clever, and very studious, Aravis is one who knows who to get stuff done, and is stubborn enough to get it done. She has no problem not listening to people who tell her that she can't. Aravis is generally pretty easy to get along with, unless you're trying to prove a point to her. She's the type of person who needs to be right. Of course, she's pretty caring and loving as well, but needing to be right can tend to push some people away. Aravis is also known for having a peculiar sense of humor and her broad imagination. She also has an adventurous side to her, and doesn't like sitting still too much.

tab CHILDHOOD:

Well, I'm a halfblood, born to magical parents, but there came a time when I wasn't raised around magic. You see, my mother, Halice, faked her own death after giving birth to me. Her family was the kind to be pureblood supremacists, and my dad didn't exactly classify as having pureblood. You see, one of my grandparents on his side was a Muggle. My mom wasn't prejudiced, in fact, I think she was just trying to protect us.

Because of all of that, I lived with my dad, Zephyr, until I was eight. I would have kept living with him, except something terrible happened that year. Up until that point, I had loved dragons, and so my dad thought it would be great to take me on vacation to Romania to see all of the dragons there. He wanted to show me that it was okay to get up close to this one, I don't recall what it was called. I told him not to, and that was one of the rare occurrences where I wish I was wrong. The dragon didn't like my dad too much. It turned on him, and ripped him apart, all while I was watching.

I then went to go live with a few Muggles. My mom's parents had no idea I existed, my dad's were dead, and my aunt was busy trying to get on her feet. The Muggles were a nice couple. The woman, I called her Mom was a writer. I would tell her about the things I had seen, and she would just say I was imagining it. Of course I wasn't, but she didn't know that, not until my letter arrived.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

Upon arriving at Hogwarts, I was sorted into Gryffindor. I made a few friends there, but things never really got interesting until my fourth year. That's when I started talking with an older Gryffindor named William Radcliffe. Of course, I just called him Will. We ended up dating, and I went to quite a few Quidditch matches, since he was on the team. My fifth year, I was made prefect, and I found out something that would change everything

All this time I had been attending Hogwarts, I had been living with my adoptive parents. That was when my birth mother finally decided to reveal that she was still alive. It was a bit of a shock to me. After that, I split my time between living with her, and living with my adoptive parents.

As far as dating Will was going, we remained a couple for quite a while, even after he graduated at the end of my sixth year and went off to go work with dragons. He knew that I really didn't want him doing that, but he still went. Of course, I didn't have too much time for worrying, since I was Head Girl and a hospital intern my seventh year. There was too much going on at Hogwarts to spend too much time worrying about him. I did see him during our winter break though. We were invited to go to the wedding of our friends, Tyler and Aerynn. It was during this break that Will proposed to me, and I said yes.

tab tab Honors: Gryffindor Prefect, Hogwarts Head Girl

tab tab O.W.L. Scores:

Astronomy ~ E
                              Charms ~ O
                              Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                              Herbology ~ E
                              History of Magic ~ P
                              Potions ~ E
                              Transfiguration ~ E
                              Healing ~ E
                              Cursebreaking ~ E

tab tab N.E.W.T. Scores:
                              Healing ~ O
                              Potions ~ E
                              Charms ~ O
                              Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                              Herbology ~ E
                              Transfiguration ~ E
                              Cursebreaking ~ O

tab POST-GRADUATION:
                              Shortly after I graduated, Will and I got married. It was a pretty nice affair. Later on, I became a healer at St. Mungo's, and we started saving for a place of our own. We were happy, but our happiness wouldn't last forever, not even when I found out that I was pregnant. The same day I found out I was pregnant, was the same day that Will died. Many people think that the circumstances were suspicious. His entire family seemed to have been attacked. That didn't stop me from having our son though. I named him William Zephyr, in honor of my late husband, and my father.

A few years later, I was called to the scene of a Dark Wizard attack on Circus Maisc, and it was there that I found love again. I didn't know who he was at first, I just saw that he was injured. Of course, I later found out that he was on the Welsh Quidditch Team. Not only that, but he was also the brother of the Minister for Magic. I didn't care about any of that. He was cute, and we started dating. It wasn't until the St. Mungo's Gala, that he proposed to me, and I said yes.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab CHANGES MADE: Total overhaul.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:55 pm

User Image
                              Face-Claim: Maurice Sinclair

Hogwarts/Private Tutor - Gryffindor - Class of 2037 - Unemployed - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ WILLIAM ZEPHYR RADCLIFFE

tab AGE: nineteen
                              tab BIRTHDAY: february 8, 2018
                              tab GENDER: male
                              tab WAND: thirteen and three quarter inches, aspen, with dragon heartstring
                              tab PATRONUS: puma
                              tab FAMILY: halice rosentha (grandmother, presumed dead), zephyr rosentha (grandfather, desceased), william radcliffe (father, desceased), aravis wyn (mother), gwynfair wyn (step-aunt), cadoc wyn (uncle), darryn wyn (step-father), idris wyn (step-aunt), charlotte wyn (half-sister)
                              tab PET: owl named riaris

tab tab Strengths: Charms & Defense Against the Dark Arts
                              tab tab Loves: Quidditch, Exploring, Comic Books, Adventure, and Apples
                              tab tab Dream Job: Honestly has no clue what he wants to do with his life.
                              tab tab Dislikes: Strawberries, Rodents, Reading, Clowns, Shopping

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: History of Magic & Astronomy
                              tab tab Fears: Being assassinated, losing a loved one

tab PERSONALITY
                              William is a bold young man who likes to throw himself at everything. If he wants to know something, he'd rather go in and get his hands dirty than read about it or be told about it. If asked, he'd have no problem getting out of his comfort zone. He has no patience for philosophical debates and would rather stay out of them. William is also surprisingly observant and notices things that people would often miss. At times, he can be a bit talkative.

However, William is not perfect. Despite his boldness, he's a sensitive soul who doesn't take criticism well. He will often blame himself, for his failures and will beat himself up about it. He also isn't a fan of conflict. He'll try to see anyway out of it, even if it means running away. At times, he can also be easily-bored, which can lead to rules being broken, among other things.

tab CHILDHOOD:

Due to the fact that his father was killed in a suspicious looking attack on the Radcliffe family, William Zephyr never knew his father. For the first part of his life, he was raised by his mother, Aravis, who was living in London with her mother, Halice, in a decent sized flat. Aravis would go off to work at St. Mungo's everyday and Halice would stay at home and watch after her son. Life wasn't perfect for the remaining Radcliffes, but it was okay.

A few years down the road, and the attack at Circus Maisc happened. William Zephyr was still a bit too young to go, something Aravis was quite happy about. It was there that she met Darryn Wyn, one of the chasers for the Welsh National Team. It wasn't the most pleasant meeting. He had been injured in the attack, and she just happened to be the healer to take care of him. For them, it was love at first sight.

By the time William Zephyr was ten, Aravis had married Darryn and taken the last name of Wyn. Given the choice between keeping his name and getting rid of it, Will decided to keep it. After all, nobody had decided to finish the job on his family. And besides, his new step-father wasn't the only famous one in the Wyn family. His sister was the Minister for Magic, and their brother was the captain of the Welsh Quidditch Team.

Most children might resent their step-families, but not William Zephyr. He loved having a father-figure in his life. He loved having large castle grounds to run around on. Most importantly, he loved being able to play quidditch with Darryn and Cadoc as his mother freaked out on the sidelines. The Wyn brothers didn't see why she was so nervous. After all, she was a healer. She should know what to do.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

On the day of William Zephyr's eleventh birthday, an owl arrived with the news his family was waiting for: he was going to Hogwarts. His mother took him off to Diagon Alley to do their shopping and before he knew it, he was on his way to King's Cross wondering what awaited him at Hogwarts. No matter what happened, he knew that he was excited to be starting.

He was soon sorted into Gryffindor, but his friends spanned across the houses. One of his closest friends was Zephyros Whitethorne. Will always thought that it was funny that they had such similar names. Of course, he'll never forget when the Hogsmeade station was attacked when they were leaving from their first year. The two, as well as some other friends ended up having to hide in Will's godmother's tea shop.

Will would have been content to continue in his studies at Hogwarts, however, during his fifth year, aurors picked up on a tip that whoever had killed his father and grandfather would be coming after him next. Because of this, his mother and step-father went into hiding and Will was privately tutored, which meant that he missed out on taking the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s.

tab POST-GRADUATION:
                              Will is currently in the position of trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. At this point, he's likely going to work in a store, but he'd rather not.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬UPDATES
                              tab CHANGES MADE: total overhaul

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

User Image
                              Face-Claim: Mia Hays

Hogwarts - Unsorted - Underage - Future Magizoologist - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ CHARLOTTE BELLAMY WYN

tab AGE: nine
                              tab BIRTHDAY: august 27, 2028
                              tab WAND:
                              thirteen and a half inches, willow, with a core of merpeople scales

tab PATRONUS: n/a
                              tab FAMILY: halice rosentha (grandmother, presumed dead), zephyr rosentha (grandfather, desceased), aravis wyn (mother), gwynfair wyn (aunt), cadoc wyn (uncle), darryn wyn (father), idris wyn (aunt), william radcliffe (half-brother)
                              tab PET: orange cat named mia

tab tab Strengths: magizoology, herbology
                              tab tab Loves: animals, gardening, cookies, crocheting, and reading
                              tab tab Dream Job: Be the next Newt Scamander.
                              tab tab Dislikes: using portkeys, pastel colors, cheesecake, being up before the sun, and painting

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: hexes, divination
                              tab tab Fears: drowning, spiders

tab PERSONALITY
                              Growing up surrounded by a bunch of Gryffindors had its effect on Charlotte. She's a confident young lady who typically has every intention of doing right. Of course, that's if she can focus long enough on the task at hand. Charlotte can be easily-distracted, and daydreams often. Most of the time, Charlotte is an easy-going type of person, but she also knows how to make her voice heard. Her aunt, a Hufflepuff, also had a bit of an influence on Charlotte. She's a fairly friendly, outgoing person, though sometimes she can come off as a bit much.

tab CHILDHOOD: Charlotte was born in Castle Aur in Wales without much fanfare. Her parents didn't want there to be a big deal surrounding her birth, especially with how well known her father, a chaser for the Welsh Quidditch team, was. At the age of three, Charlotte had to move with her family out of the country to evade the assassins that were sent after her mother, and half-brother, due to their relationship with the Radcliffe family. The family spent several years abroad before finally returning to Wales.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

Yet to be written.

tab POST-GRADUATION:

At the moment, Charlotte has plans of being just like her idol: Newt Scamander. Her mother is understandably terrified by this idea due to what happened to her father, Charlotte's grandfather, and still isn't entirely convinced that it wasn't her late husband's career that led to his death.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab CHANGES MADE:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items