Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rookeries
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 pm
Shoreline Folk

WHO: Dair, Nell (Subobo), Aina, and Mordekai (Rookeries)
WHEN: May 2017
WHERE: Yarrow's Point Beach - Gambino
WEATHER: Hot and humid more inland - the beach is providing a decent breeze, though

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:24 pm
After Aina acclimated at home with Duncan and Mordekai again, everything seemed to slow down in the whirlwind heat and lethargy of May. The pomegranate Frei had a difficult time letting go of her guardians, even when she still had school to complete, and things ended in a near disaster when Duncan proposed visiting her Aunt Rebecca in Gambino.

Still, Duncan had an obligation to check on his sister-in-law, and Mordekai took Aina to the favored Yarrow’s Point beach meanwhile. It was clear that the rain Frei was tired, and he was too, but they went to the beach starting in the morning and planned to make the most of their day. The Gambino beach was busy and crowded, reasonable given the sunny day out, and seeing others enjoy their time in the beach gave the two a little more energy.

Aina pressed a cool thermos of ice water to her cheek as she felt the heat beat down on her. Her and her father sat in a shaded mound of rock that faced the coastline, having found a proper log to sit on that substituted a bench. Mordekai drank from his own thermos, sighing as he leaned back and felt the summer heat warm his skin.

“You doin’ okay in this weather, Aina?” he asked, glancing down at the Frei, and she nodded. She was carrying the ice pack that she filled with snacks and cool water, and her backpack full of art supplies, intending on staying at the beach for as long as possible.

“Mhm… can we start walkin’ again, though?” Aina replied, and Mordekai shrugged – pressing his palms to his elbow, he helped himself up. Aina took ahold of his hand, and the two proceeded back towards the shore. They still had a fair bit of beach to explore, after all, including the tide pools.

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:45 pm
The opinions about summer varied wildly in the Wilson household. Nell couldn't wait for the last remnants of winter to leave to start packing away the cold weather clothes, and she spent as much time as she could outside, soaking up the warmth of the sun.

Dair, on the other hand, felt a growing sense of dread as the once pleasantly chill days turned into mildly warm days, and those turned into unpleasantly warm days. When 'unpleasantly warm' turned into 'unreasonably hot' he planned to spend the next few months indoors, where air conditioning made things bearable. Of course, Nell had other ideas about how he would spend his first summer, so rather than spending his day in the nice cool AC, he was sprawled out on a towel looking more like a dejected pile of driftwood than anything else.

Nell didn't seem too concerned though. She smiled contentedly as she stretched out on a towel next to Dair, watching the world go by from behind a giant pair of sunglasses. It had been something of a hassle to get him to come outside, and it was more frustrating than necessary getting him to leave behind his usual clothing layers in lieu of something more weather-appropriate, but she figured that it would be good for him to get outside, even for a short period of time.

But even then, she didn't want him to get overheated (or get a sunburn), so she was just about to tell him that he could head back inside when she spotted someone familiar. With a grin she pushed herself up on her elbows and waved energetically to the pair that were walking (and floating) towards them, giving Dair a nudge to try and get him to pay attention.

He just huffed and slumped a bit further down into the towel, radiating a sense of misery.

Rookeries
Sorry for being slow ;A; ahhh

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:11 am
Mordekai’s recognition of Nell was not immediate – the notorious Lab snowball fight felt like it happened so long ago, and she’d gotten a haircut to boot – but paired with a Frei, the blond couldn’t help but laugh, staggering to a pause mid-step. When he began waving, Aina was confused, but glancing over where her father was looking made his actions immediately clearer. The rain Frei smiled wide at Miss Nell and her charge, a fellow Raevan she had not met before – and, though they looked a bit grumpy, she was excited to see them nevertheless.

“”Eya, my enemy in the snow! Whatchu doin’ out here?” Mordekai teased, easing himself and Aina forward with confident steps, smiling. That was definitely a snowball fight to remember, with how many people were getting pelted haplessly in the face. “How you been?” he asked more earnestly, and he smiled sympathetically down at Dair – the Frei looked less than pleased, and he reserved conversation with him unless spoken to.

Aina, meanwhile, had other plans in mind. “Hi!” she greeted, smiling brightly at Nell, then at Dair – despite the Frei’s seemingly poor state, she floated a bit lower to face him, waving enthusiastically. “I didn’t see you at the New Years party! S’nice meetin’ you! I met your, um—“ she paused, thinking on the correct moniker to use – Aina was wholly aware that many Raevans did not regard their guardians as their parentals, but she struggled to find a correct term. “—Mama?” she ended, hesitantly, brows upturning. “Um, you don’t look real happy.”

Subobo
Ahhh no worries! Please take your time! <3

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 pm
"Less chance of getting a snowball to the face," she said with a laugh, wiggling her fingers in a wave at Aina before gesturing behind her towards a row of apartments. "We actually just live down the way, just trying to get our daily dose of vitamin d!" She scooted up to the top of the towel she was sitting on, attempting vainly to brush off most of the sand before giving the empty spot an inviting pat.

"Oh! Can't complain, had some excitement a while ago but we're settling in fine, right?" At this she gave Dair another nudge with her elbow, earning her a reproachful look which she promptly ignored. "How about you two?"

Dair, meanwhile, had managed to push himself up from the towel he was on until he was floating a few inches off of it. "Hi," he said back, giving her a small but genuine smile as he tried to scrape a few straggling strands of hair out of his face. "Oh! I...don't think I was alive then? But it's nice to meet you too." He was quiet for a moment before adding, "My name is Dair, by the way."

"I don't think I'm liking the summer so far, too hot..."

Rookeries

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:31 am
“Ah, but sand in your face, that’s better, right?” Mordekai joked, laughing brightly. He glanced back to where Nell gestured, and he gently urged the Frei to sit next to Nell at the towel with a pat to the head. “Ah, I’m jealous, we live faraways from here,” he admit, following suit after Aina sat happily next to Nell and her charge, folding her arms over their icebox. He smiled wide at Dair and Nell at the brief exchange, and he chuckled, rubbing his shoulder.

“Happy ‘bout soakin’ in some summer, that winter – hoo-wee, it was somethin’,” he said, hanging his head as he took a tired breath in. Just saying that much was an understatement to be sure, but he was more intent on catching up with Nell’s side of life, bright blue eyes glancing up at her with a curious smile. “Tell me ‘bout this excitement you’re having!”

Aina, her attention on Dair, watched as the oak Frei pushed himself off of his place at the towel. Seeing the Frei smile even slightly made her feel all the brighter, and she couldn’t help but grin at him, dipping her head shyly at his greeting. “Oh! That makes sense,” she giggled – it was always a pleasure meeting younger Freis, and she nodded when given his name. “Nice to meet you! My name’s Aina,” she replied, bobbing her head a bit. Her brows upturned in sympathy.

“Mhm, I didn’t used to like summer either,” Aina admit, pointing at her horns, a tad proud of how similar they were to Dair’s own – her’s were still fairly small from their pruning in the spring, but a few pomegranate buds were sprouting by now. “I like winter an’ fall the best ‘cause it’s nice an’ cold, an’ that’s when I was born. D’you want some ice?” she asked, pointing to her icebox. She gestured to the thermos in her hands, too, holding it out for Dair to take. “I got cold water, too!”

Subobo

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:31 pm
"W-eeeell, it's not cold at least?" Temperature aside, even she didn't think getting a handful of sand to the face would be nearly as fun as a snowball fight, which was probably why people never had sand fights. "Really? That's a bummer. I pretty much moved out here to be on the beach, the rent's a pain, but," she spread her arms wide to gesture to the beach as a whole. "I think it's worth it at least!"

"Oh?" Clearly there was a story there, but she could perhaps pry into that later. "Gosh, just getting used to having someone else in the house, really," she said with a laugh. "And parenthood in general, I guess? I mean, I knew what I was signing up for, but..." Her sentence trailed off absently as she tried to find the right words to express the feeling. After a moment she wrinkled her nose with a frown when it was clear she couldn't come up with the right ones. So instead she settled for gesturing towards Dair and Aina with a shrug. "You know?"

Dair looked up at Aina's branches when she pointed to them, his hand reaching up to absently touch his own. While the handful of leaves that sprouted off of them were a nice, solid green, they were still looking a bit crispy around the edges from the heat and were nowhere near as vibrant as the tiny red buds that were growing from hers.

"What- oh, thank you, what kind of tree are they?" He took the thermos from her with a grateful bob of his head, content for the moment to simply hold it and let the coolness from it sink into his hands. Her branches didn't look quite like anything he had seen before, but the number of tree species he had had a chance to get to know was smaller than he would like.

"Spring was okay, I think," he said after a moment of thought. He would probably have to reevaluate his thoughts on it next spring, but the sense of newness the season had was refreshing. "But I think I like the fall the best." He was quiet for another moment before adding, "I was born in fall, too."

Rookeries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:57 pm
“S'not cold, that's somethin'. We live alla way out in Barton, too much snow there,” Mordekai said, giving a soft wince – there was not a lot about the snow that he was fond of, other than the fact that Aina seemed to love it. He smiled at Nell, then glanced outward at the beach as she gestured to it, taking in a small breath at the sentiment, perking at their relatively clear view of the ocean overhead. “It's more'n worth it. Would if I could, ah, move a big ol' house a town over,” he laughed, and he shrugged his shoulder behind the beach, towards the approximate direction of the Wavecrest apartments. “Lucky I get to visit lots, though, got some family up here.”

Nell's sentiments pulled a sympathetic grin from Mordekai, and he leaned forward in attention, glancing briefly at the two Freis next to them. He gave Nell a small nod, chuckling; he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief that someone else felt the same about the transition into parenthood, especially with Duncan being so put together. “I getcha. It's an adventure, right?” he asked, smiling fondly at the two Freis. “Throw alla their crazy magic at me an' I wouldn't trade it for anything.”

Aina beamed at Dair's question, raising her head up a little higher. “They're li'l pomegranate trees! What 'bout yours?” she asked, pointing briefly to Dair's own horns, head tilting a bit as she tried to guess. The wings and bark on him certainly looked familiar, but she couldn't quite think of what, and she handed Dair her thermos without fuss.

“Mhm, spring is okay,” Aina replied, placing a thoughtful hand over her chin as she thought. “But I get sick durin' the spring sometimes, 'cause my branches act up. When were you born in fall?” she asked, brows raised at Dair. She pointed outwards to the alcoves, floating a little higher. “But summer's real cool too, I promise! I was gonna go somewhere real cold and nice, d'you wanna come with me?”

Subobo
i accidentally typed out dair's name was 'dell,' screams--

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:54 pm
Nell wrinkled her nose at the mention of snow, something she enjoyed in small quantities, but never wanted to have to deal with for more than one day at a time. "Well, that's good at least! If you need to my place is always open for visitors too!" Now that she was getting to know more people outside of her work circle, she was hoping that being close to the beach would be a good draw to get more visitors, both for herself and for Dair.

"Mhm, I don't know if I feel relieved or jealous that I seemed to have skipped having to go through the young kid stage, because," she glanced over at Aina, "adorable, but I've also done my fair share of babysitting and oh my god, some of those kids..."

"Oak," he said, tilting his head down a bit so she could get a better look at his horns. "The leaves are really small though so it's hard to tell..." He hoped they would grow a bit as he grew, he felt even younger than he was when he compared his branches with hose of the larger trees he ran into in the forest.

"September," he said absently as he looked towards where she was pointing. He floated higher as well, squinting against the glare of the sun to see what it was. "Sure? I don't think I've been down that way, what's over there?"

Rookeries
dair's soul was a laptop this whole time...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am
“Aw, dang, thanks! If y’want, we can drop by with some food ‘n you can meet the granddad,” Mordekai smiled, gesturing back to Aina at the mention of her grandfather. Duncan hadn’t gone to the New Years event way back, and Mordekai felt wrong knowing folks from Lab that he did not. He drew his legs up, hugging his arms above his knees in an attempt to find a more comfortable way to sit. His brows raised briefly at the mention of jealousy, but he was quick to ease as soon as Nell explained further, his head dipping as he laughed.

“Oh my god, it’s somethin’, ain’t it. Grew up wranglin’ baby cousins since I could walk, but the magic makes things different,” Mordekai replied, grinning. He shrugged his shoulders Aina and Dair’s way, eyes wide. “Wanna trade ‘n see?” he teased, though he calmed to a more genuine tone. “Our doors’re always open to y’all too, so if you’re ‘round Barton, you an’ Dair always free to drop by.”

“Ooh,” Aina cooed, tilting her head up and floating up to see Dair’s horns a bit better. She noticed the leaves in question, and how crisp they seemed to be at the edges, which caused her to worry. “You’re wiltin’ a little,” she noted, looking back down at Dair with a small frown. “D’you feel your horns ‘n leaves ‘n stuff? Does it hurt?” She hoped he didn’t, but maybe that was why he looked so grumpy before they approached. In that case, she felt the need to get Dair somewhere cooler even faster.

“Really? I was born in September too! An’ so’s my big brother!” That was an exciting thing to be sure - not many people she knew were born in the autumn months, and she kept this new information in mind in the hopes of getting him a gift. With Dair squinting to see towards the alcoves, she perked up, holding both of her hands out to the oak Frei to help him up. “It’s a buncha tide pools ‘n there’s caves ‘n stuff. C’mon!”

Subobo
does he eat laptops for sustenance..........

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm
"That'd be wonderful! It'd give me an excuse to cook for someone other than myself for once, too," Being on a fairly regimented diet, she didn't have much of a chance to cook up most of her family's recipes, which tended to be very heavy on the butter (or lard, if she wanted to be super authentic).

"At the very least there's no stomping around, so there's that," she said with a laugh. One of the major pitfalls of adolescence avoided easily. "I'll have to take you up on that! Dair loves wandering around in the woods up that way so we might have to swing by at some point."

Dair wrinkled his nose slightly but shook his head. "They itch a bit, but that's all. It doesn't feel too good if I drink too much water though, so..." He trailed off with a shrug. Kind of a lose-lose situation, but he could put up with a bit of discomfort if needed. His expression brightened when she mentioned the various people she knew that were born in their shared birth month.

"Really? It's a good month, I think. I'm excited for it to come around again..." He took one of the offered hands, still holding onto Aina's thermos with the other, and followed in her wake. "Cool..." he whispered with the slightest tone of awe in his voice. "Does anything live in there?"

Rookeries
Local Raevan Banned From Every Electronic Store In Gaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:19 pm
“Yeah? How 'bout a potluck, whatchu like eatin'? I got some sweet ol' 'Merican south recipes to show off,” he laughed, tapping his feet against the beach blanket. He pressed his palm to his chin, nodding; with the school season about to end, their household was slowing down for the summertime, and company was always welcome. “Whenever y'all are best for you. Mean, Barton's kinda far... you ever take Dair to Bass'ken?”

“Oh... d'you think your leaves 'n stuff would feel less itchy if we water 'em?” Aina asked, intent on finding a solution to his problems – seeing a plant in any form dry up in the heat was always a worrying thing.

“It's the best month! I like seein' the leaves change 'cause we got a forest behind our house.” She wrapped her fingers around Dair's gently, smiling wider in chipper agreement. She adjusted the hold she had on her family's ice pack. The contents of her backpack jostled slightly as Aina helped Dair up, and she giggled at his question – it was clear that the oak Frei was relatively new to the beaches, and it made her happy to show him around its better parts. “Mhm! Lotsa livin' stuff. My brother 'n I found small fairies, once, 'n there's lots of urchins 'n sea stars.”

Aina lead the way towards the tidepools, but she stopped where Nell and Mordekai sat just a feet or two ahead of them. “Papa,” she said, tapping the top of Mordekai's arm – she pointed outward at the edge of the beach. “I'm gonna show Dair the tidepools, is that okay?” Mordekai raised his brows, turning his head sidewards to face Aina and Dair.

“Oh! Uh – mean, that's fine with me. What 'bout you, Nell?” He leaned forward, glancing back at Nell briefly. He wrapped his arms around the top of his legs, looking back at Aina. “And you want us to go with?”

“Hmm... um, I dunno, you can stay here 'n relax, 'cause you're tired.” Aina gave Mordekai firm nod, and she looked up at Dair. “I'll keep Dair really safe! He's just getting' hot an' the tidepools are all cool.”

Subobo
rip dair

Rookeries
Crew

Subobo

Spooky Codger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am
"I'd never say no to that! Been awhile since I've had some good home cooking, I was never as good at it as the rest of my family." In the long run, probably for the best, as most of the recipes that had been handed down to her were decidedly not the healthiest things to eat, but it was comforting and familiar, and she could never quite make it as good as her grandmother, no matter what. "I could probably guess from the accent, but where's home for you? And no, I haven't had a chance to take him out that far yet, I'm thinking when it cools down a bit it'll be good to explore...everywhere, really. I haven't had much of a chance to see much since I've moved here, honestly..."

Dair's nose wrinkled in thought as he once again poked at the branches on his head. "I don't know, haven't tried that yet, actually..." Even though it seemed like it would be the most obvious thing to do, plants that needed water were watered, right?

"Fairies?" While he had seemed interested in hearing about the usual aquatic life what could be found in tidepools, his interest was definitely piqued at the mention of the more unusual creatures that she had seen. "You've seen some too?" He looked to Nell as Aina asked permission from her guardian, an excited smile slowly spreading across his face.

"We-ell, as long as you make sure to keep an eye on him, kay? He's a bit of a troublemaker, you know." Her voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper at the last statement, though it was paired with a wink and a quiet scoff from Dair.

Rookeries

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff