Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[RP Raffle] Honors Among Thieves - Winner rolled! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm
Honor Among Thieves

April's Monthly Background RP!

User Image

Opens: Now! Closes: May 13th @ 11:59 PM EST!
Reminder: If you won a Familiar the month of April you will not be eligible to win this pet.

In the stillness that followed the great beast's hungry maw, and its many tentacled grasp, in the quiet before the storm... a small mouse crept into the place where so many seathi had gathered. So many had wanted this little, shining thing, this pearl. But only one would have it. While the Soquili had fought among themselves, the mouse had slipped between them all and wrested the large pearl from the place where it sat and glimmered. Bemused by its beautiful sheen, the creature nearly found itself a victim of the kraken, or the deep chill of winter's cold. Nevertheless, slipping away unseen into the darkness the little mouse took the treasure that had nearly stolen the lives of the gathered group, such a gathering as had not been seen in years past. That precious pearl was its prize, forever more.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Prompt: We all have something that is precious to us, something that we prize above all us. From time to time, we find it lost or forgotten.
Tell us of a time when you lost something precious to you, whether by accident or by the artifice of another. Or, alternatively, tell us of a time when you took something precious from someone else.

As the saying goes, honor among thieves is the ancestor of all honor. The mouse who stole that pearl had a choice, and chose to take something that did not belong to it. What if that pearl were something more important, something that might actually bring about the destruction of another with its loss? Or what if the losing of the pearl was the salvation of one? When have you faced a loss or gained at the cost of another?

**Please note: If your prompt response meets the word count requirement for stats you can also link your post in the monthly stat thread and count it as RP for your pony.**

Note: In order to count for the month of April, you must make your prompt response prior to the cut-off on April 30th. However, it would count for May stats, so feel free to post your entry for them!

Prizes

A thief! A small, adorable thief. And posssssiiibly more?

User Image

To enter: please post a current pre-existing RP (since February 2017) that is themed around theft or loss of something important. Each entrant will get at least one ticket -- non-staffers get two tickets by default. If you do not have a RP, please post a response to the above prompt. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be with a different character and with a separate RP. RPs must be at least five posts long to be counted. RP prompt responses may be as short as two sentences! We're not asking for a novel.

Note: This will count for your April familiar freebie.

[size=18][color=magenta][b]Show me the money![/b][/color][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] Your name, of course.
[b]Who are you entering with?[/b] Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
[b]Link to the RP you're using:[/b] [url=]Text[/url], please give a brief description.
[b]Prompt response:[/b] If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.
[/size]

Show me the money!

Username: Your name, of course.
Who are you entering with? Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
Link to the RP you're using: Text, please give a brief description.
Prompt response: If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm
Saved just in case!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 pm
List
    (Pahil was here)

Page 1
  1. Uta
  2. Uta
  3. AstoriaFallen
  4. AstoriaFallen
  5. spelldancer
  6. AstoriaFallen
  7. AstoriaFallen
  8. AstoriaFallen
  9. AstoriaFallen
  10. tefla
  11. tefla
  12. AstoriaFallen
  13. AstoriaFallen
  14. Ryuukishin
  15. Summer Raaven
  16. Summer Raaven
  17. Pandora Talie
  18. Pandora Talie

Page 2
  19. Kara Asumie
  20. AislingJuno
  21. AislingJuno
  22. AislingJuno
  23. AislingJuno
  24. Summer Raaven
  25. Summer Raaven
  26. belloblossom
  27. belloblossom
  28. LOLTERNATIVE
  29. Eternal Xantara
  30. Eternal Xantara
  31. Calixita
  32. Calixita
  33. Lunadriel
  34. Lunadriel
  35. sesshiyasha
  36. sesshiyasha
  37. Thalea
  38. Thalea
  39. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  40. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  41. Kaya Wolf Moon
  42. Kaya Wolf Moon
  43. Kettyn
  44. Kettyn
  45. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  46. Nyx Queen of Darkness

Page 3
  47. Phail Ninja
  48. AislingJuno
  49. AislingJuno
  50. AislingJuno
  51. AislingJuno
  52. AislingJuno
  53. AislingJuno
    AislingJuno [same RP can only be used once]
  54. AislingJuno
  55. AislingJuno
    Wasteland Wyvern [posted after closing date]
    Wasteland Wyvern [posted after closing date]

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:49 pm
Show me the money!

Username: Uta
Who are you entering with? Chetan
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: "I once had a love, Azelle. She was more precious to me than any prize, than any gem or jewel. I loved her since he day we met, as foals, but was always too shy. She was always more beautiful, more outgoing, more charming than I. Instead, I was too stuffy, too stubborn, too by the book. We got into a fight over something stupid; but instead of me coming out and saying how I felt, instead I only criticized and was critical of her every move. Where I wanted to say 'I love you' all I said were words of anger. She left. Love lost is a terrible thing, and I wouldn't wish its pain on any. I regret my actions everyday, and still hope that one day, perhaps, we might rekindle what we once had. "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:09 pm
Show me the money!

Username: AstoriaFallen
Who are you entering with? Astraea
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response: "I had a loving family that cared for me deeply and I them. .I also had a family of my own but my memory was taken from me and I forgot about them. So in some sense they were also taken from me. I wandered the world for years without knowing I had a family of my own beyond glimpses of a family that might be missing me. I wish I could have all the time back but my time was stolen from me and I don't know if I'll ever be able to fix what has been done.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:12 pm
Show me the money!

Username: spelldancer
Who are you entering with? Tritone
Link to the RP you're using: N/A.
Prompt response: Tritone grinned. “If the opportunity to take something precious come along, why not take it?” He lifted his head to the sky. “The most precious thing I have taken from someone? Their self. I made them completely mine.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:15 pm
Show me the money!

Who are you entering with? Amadahy
Prompt response: "I once had a friend when I was younger. She was lovely and just an all around good soul. Well, she was lost to me when her family moved away. I wished to a star years later and she was finally given back to me."

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:27 pm
Show me the money!

Who are you entering with? Narcissus de Morte
Prompt response: "I take other's freedom from the. I lock them up and make them my slave for a certain amount of time or until they give me what I need. It's not for everyone, but someone has to do it."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 pm
Show me the money!

Username: tefla
Who are you entering with? Echo's Song
Prompt response: The wizened mare glanced around as she looked deep in thought. Her eyes swam at the momentary thought of the thing that she had "lost".

"Perhaps it is not really losing something in the sense that you mean but I have lost something that is dear to me. For you see one of my daughters has essentially been lost to the rest of her family. My dear Midnight's Whisper has turned away from us in what I can only say is a fit of madness and has done the unthinkable, she's taken corpse powder and turned into a monster."

Echo looked haunted by this memory. "How can I call myself a mother if I failed Midnight? Why did she decide to do this? Is it true that what Castor told me that it was over a fit of jealousy from my wishing on the Wishing Star for more children? I cannot say. All I know is that I lost Midnight's Whisper to evil and there is no way I can reclaim the sweet, adoring filly that graced my heart."

Taking great care Echo turned away with a heavy sigh that if heard by the one she lamented in losing it would cause an immense joy in her twisted mind.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:21 pm
Show me the money!

Who are you entering with? Astraeus
Prompt response: "My sister has been lost. I'm not sure what has happened to her or where she has gone to. I have been searching for her but no luck yet. Hopefully that will change in the near future and we will be reunited again."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 am
Show me the money!

Username: Ryuukishin
Who are you entering with? Mimsy Grum
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: "Come now, why don't you come clover and join me? Thistle surely cheer you up—ah, don't try to fly away, your wings are still in terrible condition, you know. No, no, I shan't leaf you alone, not while you're in such a mood; I lilac you too much for that!" Such was the burden Mimsy bore—having to come up with enough puns for tulips.

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:00 pm
Warning: Death is talked about here

Show me the money!

Username: Summer Raaven
Who are you entering with? Blessita
Prompt response: "I....once had a family."

The mare, made old by years of sorrow, found herself uncomfortable with the words as she spoke them. Forcing a friendly smile, she tried again, "I still do have a family, but it's not like it used to be. I used to have...happiness." She's had to tell this story many times, to passerby's, and to loved ones, so what was once more? A deep, heavy sigh escaped her, knowing all too well that once she started, it would all come pouring out. This was who she was now, and there was no point in denying it.

Denying it would dismiss his memory. Denying it wouldn't make it any less real.

"I had a mate, long ago, who was the center of my universe. But he wasn't always around, he was a nomad, and sometimes it was hard on me. My daughter - our daughter, hated him for the pain he caused me. As she grew up, so did the pain, until it was no longer containable. She took off, and months went by before I ever saw her again. In those months, Umo returned, and with him came a new set of kids. They were all boys, the three of them, and they all looked so very much like their father. I was immediately smitten, as was he. He always said he'd do anything for his children, even the one who hated him. Giorgia's disappearance left a hole in my heart, but that hole had been filled by my sons, so I was happy again!" This was the part of her story that she loved the most, the part that was easiest to tell. It was certainly much less painful to recall the happier times of her life, before everything fell apart. She swore to this day that should could still smell the boys, if she tried hard enough. That foal smell filled her with such wonder, and she clung to it for dear life. But.....it was never permanent. Not anymore.

"...Gigi stole two of our sons, not long after they were born. It would be a very long time until I saw them again. So now I was down to one son, and although Umo vowed to take his vengeance on our daughter for hurting me, again, I begged him not to. She had to have her reasons, she always...had her reasons. I promised myself I'd see them again, but I also promised myself I'd be there for the one she left behind. Alessio. My only son. The other two, Ahmri and Abraxas, I longed for, every single day, but Alessio was perfect. He loved me, the way I wish Giorgia had, and he stayed with me, the way I wish Umo had. My mate was constantly gone again, searching for the boys, night in and night out....," Blessita sighed, her voice mellow; even. The further and further away the memory was, she realized, the less painful it got. Perhaps this time, she wouldn't cry. Perhaps this time, she'd be strong, if only for him.

He'd want her to be.

"Life wasn't the butterflies and rainbows that my father had promised, but I got by. I was content. But then....everything changed. Giorgia, she came back. She had a grown Abraxas, and a grown Ahmri in tow, all three of whom looked driven mad by hatred. The look on their faces -- I recognized it. It was the same expression Umo carried when he got angry to the point where he wanted to kill. I knew that face all too well, and I was the only one able to sooth it. My daughter, my only daughter, looked at me with pity, however, as she began her speech. There wasn't anything I could have said that would have stopped her in her moment of power, and as she continued to talk, I understood. She was here for a final vengeance. Kill the man she's hated most in her life. Her father. My mate. She looked at me, her expression screaming, 'you deserved better', and ordered my beloved sons to attack. To them, I could tell, she was the mother they never had. She stole their childhood from them, and turned them into her minions, and, like perfect little dogs, attack they did." Another deep breath, and the mare tore her eyes to the ground, preparing herself to continue.

"Umo wouldn't attack. He wasn't going to fight his only sons. Alessio -- the poor boy, he was too shocked, and too busy protecting me from seeing, to defend his father. Umo stood there and let Abraxas and Ahmri attack him. He took each blow with honor, never failing to remind his sons that he loved them, and he was sorry he failed them. I was too busy screaming, I couldn't have done anything. I froze, the thing that unfolded in front of me couldn't possibly be happening...it wasn't processing. Before I knew it, Umo was gone. Giorgia and the boys had disappeared, leaving me with the echo of her laughter in the distance."

"In the days that followed, I don't think I thought much. I couldn't remember who, where or what I was. Alessio picked up the pieces of my broken soul, but my memory was.....barely there. I only remember it now because I've since forced myself to relive it, if only to keep him close to my heart. Since then, Giorgia hasn't shown her face, I fear she too, is dead. Abraxas has, and I love him more than I ever have, I've forgiven him even though he hasn't forgiven himself. But I think being around me became too painful, for he's also gone and living a different life. Alessio, since I've....recovered, has also gone and started his own life. I made him. I don't know much of him, anymore, but I wish him happiness. I wish he finds something worth fighting for. Ahmri, I'm told, let that darkness defeat him....I haven't seen a trace of him since that night...."

Blessita huffed, "So I once had a family. But fate stole it."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:28 pm
Show me the money!

Username: Pandora Talie
Who are you entering with? Aislin
Prompt response:
Aislin thinks for a second, "I lost my best friend once." Raiden and I were traveling through a rough patch of woods, one time, and we got separated. It was only for a night, he found his way back to me in the morning, but I thought I had lost him forever. It was the first and last time that I cried myself to sleep.

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 pm
Show me the money!

Username: Pandora Talie
Who are you entering with? Eluna
Prompt response:
.“Oh! I had the most wonderful rock!” Eluna bubbles. “It was a gift from Eiros when we first started seeing each other… so sparkly, it shone like the sun!” She taps a hoof to her head. “It’s gone now. I wonder what happened to it?”

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff