Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:03 am
Not Quite a Damsel, Still in Distress

A bead of sweat rolled down the ridge of Leukos’ eyebrow, across his sharp cheekbone, and down to his jaw, sliding along his chin to drip onto the rock below him, leaving a dark little circle to join its fallen brethren. He kept his eyes closed and focused on his breathing, listening to the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. It was a sound he’d only been recently introduced to, but he found he enjoyed it very much; it’s methodical predictability and tempo, with minor variations, was soothing.

After things had gotten so complicated in his life as of late, Leukos found that he just needed some time away from people, slipping out for the beach in the morning to at least work out while he was here, shedding his shirt as the early cool slowly burned away and the day heated up.

He was balancing with his hands flat against a large rock and feet held straight behind him, when the calm was suddenly disturbed by distressed grunting and chirping behind him. Switching into a quick crouch, he swiveled to see what could be making that noise, squinting in the bright sun. It was something brown, large, and hairy coming out of the jungle: a zanteer. An injured one, hobbling onto the sands as its heavily torn up hind leg oozed blood in a trail behind it. It was clearly distressed, panting and chittering as it collapsed onto the beach, mewling plaintively when its leg could no longer support it.

It was no sooner than it had hit the ground that Leukos was up, grabbing his discarded shirt and rushing over to the injured animal. When he got closer, he did slow to a more cautious approach; he had experience with these kinds of animals from his time in the circus, but this one was wild, and he didn’t want to do anything that might upset it even more. “Shh shh, hey there, what happened? Your leg looks awful, how much blood have you lost so far? If we don’t stop the bleeding, you won’t have chance, so I’m just going to have a look at it, okay?” He moved to slowly kneel beside it; if it had wanted to protest at all, it would appear the creature lacked the energy to even attempt that now. Ripping his shirt with his teeth, he dabbed at the gashes, tutting and quietly speaking to it in a soothing voice.

But if he had just taken a moment to actually stop and consider why the animal was injured, he might have realized how much danger he had just put himself in.

The loud snapping of twigs underfoot was the only thing that alerted him that they were not alone, a huge snaptrotter suddenly lumbering out of the dense shade towards them, it’s mouth covered in blood. Fresh blood. The pieces suddenly clicked into place in Leukos’ head; it had been following its wounded prey. Which he now had his bloodied hands pressed against.

With a territorial roar, it rushed forward at Leukos, who falling back into the sand could only skitter away as his mind went blank, managing to only shout out one word:

s**t!!!

[1/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 am
Onas had made a harness to strap his weapon to his back. While he wasn't a guard or anything, he was definitely trying to keep hold of the light he saw in protecting people. Of course, being a beach bum was something he was still very good at, but did less of. Now he was trying to find a good paying job to get his own place away from his parents. The long haired Matori male stretched himself out wide under the day's sun as he patrolled the beach, looking for something to snack on like a fish or something.

So far there'd been some starfish but not a lot in the shallows. He made a face and just rolled his eyes as he continued to walk. His stomach rumbled in protest as he moved away from the water. Looks like once again he'd rely on his mom to feed him. Ugh, he should go see if the inn needed waiters or something. Maybe a cook. Onas couldn't cook, but he could learn.

Just as he was about done with the beach something caught his attention. Then there was a scream and Onas took off running without even thinking about it.

Snaptrotters were't to be trifled with, but he wasn't about to let someone die if he could help. He let out his own sort of roar, trying to intimidate the beast from rushing this Matori. (He caught a glimpse before focusing his attention on this ugly beast.)

The spear was grabbed from his back and pulled forward before he used it more as a bat to slap the giant trotter in the mouth, hissing and growling back. He jabbed a few times, still obviously in training with this weapon, but his grip was firm and stance wide in hopes he didn't get knocked down. Onas's heart was racing, sweat was now dripping down his face at the pressure he was under now.

Bare feet dug in the sand as he tried to start to circle the snaptrotter. Get it's attention away from the other man that had done something to upset it.

"Get up," he ordered whoever it was now that the beast was distracted on him. Onas couldn't look back, that tail could lash out and break a leg if he wasn't careful. "Then RUN."

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 pm

All Leukos could focus on was the huge mouth, and all those jagged teeth, that was coming at him, paralyzed where he sat. Then suddenly it was being smacked aside by something that glinted in the sun, and his attention snapped back into the moment. There was another Matori that had appeared out of nowhere with a spear in hand. Was he some sort of warrior? He certainly didn’t seem to be afraid of the huge creature, growling back at it threateningly. His mouth hung open as he watched the spectacle, until the other was speaking, ordering him to move. Which should have been obvious, this was not a desirable place to stay.

It still took a moment for Leukos’ mind to comprehend, and then he was up on his feet, backing away from the threat. The injured Zanteer was writhing on the sands as it tried to crawl away, maybe the huge reptile would lose interest in them soon for an easier meal?

But what if it didn’t? It was angry at Leukos, and now this stranger had put himself directly in danger’s path to rescue him, all because of his impulsive a**. Every muscle was telling him to run. But he couldn’t just leave, he had to help, had to fix what he had started. But what if he just got in the way?

Leukos clutched at his hair and face, totally oblivious to the excessive gore he smeared there, continuing to back away. He didn’t know what to do. What was he supposed to do?

[2/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 am
As Onas tried to stab at the snaptrotter with his spear, it let out a hard, loud hiss and turned, thrashing it's tail at the Matori male. It struck his legs and he buckled to the sand, but it seemed the snaptrotter now focused it's attention on the easier meal, indeed.

Using his spear as an anchor Onas got up. His legs were bruised badly, if not cut up from the scales and he grabbed the other Matori male by whatever he could, hand, hair, he didn't care. He was now hauling a** away from the scene of death and blood.

"Don't say anything. Just run. Loud noises will attract it's attention again." He didn't know this for sure. Onas wasn't a beast tamer, but it made sense in his head. He was running despite the pain flaring up from where he was struck and just took himself and this other away from the beach. Only when Onas thought he was far enough away did he slow down and let out a hard pant.

"What were you thinking?!"

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 pm

He physically winced when the other was struck down, taking a step forward to help him back up. But thank the Gods, the great beast was not interested in him, and just as soon the guy was back on his feet and they were running. Leukos afforded a look over his shoulder to ensure they were not being followed; despite the adrenaline and fear still pounding in his veins, his heart lurched with pity as he saw the huge jaws of the reptile clamp down around the neck of the injured mammal, landing the killing blow that crushed its windpipe. But such was the way of nature; he had been a fool to try to interfere.

Once at a safe distance from the carnage, their pace came to a slower crawl, padding in the soft sands as waves crashed on the shore. The other guy was still holding his hand when he spoke, his tone like a whip that snapped across Leukos’ conscious, making his already bloody face redden with guilt, “I’m so, so sorry, I didn’t… I did not intent to get you involved. I just―it was hurt, and I wasn’t thinking―I just wanted to help it, but…I am unfamiliar with the predators here, but I should have known better. It was not my place to interfere―and drag you into my ********. I’m sorry you had to come save my worthless a**…”

He pulled his hand away, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down at the sands, “I didn’t mean to get you injured. How… how bad is it? Can I help?” His legs weren’t looking too hot, but maybe it was just messy? He gestured vaguely at his bare chest, “I’m sorry; I don’t have anything to bandage it up. I kinda… wasted my shirt back there…”

[3/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:42 am
Onas hadn't meant to sound so harsh, it was more of a heat of the moment thing, but the question still stood. He did, however, try to relax his posture as they found themselves talking now, no longer hand holding one another.

"...Sorry," he said after a minute, rubbing his face with his hands, spear in the ground next to him, standing up right. "I didn't mean to snap. I've just... never encountered.. Okay." He calmed himself down again and just looked the other Matori over for any injuries and then nodded.

"It's fine. I... suppose I can understand where you're coming from. Wanted to help something defenseless and injured." Like a child.

Then Onas was asked about his legs and he looked down at them, twisting his leg to see his calf and shrugged. "I don't think it's deep. It stings more than anything. More bruising. Nothing's broken." Somehow. That snaptrotter wasn't the biggest he'd seen, so he knew if it were a full grown adult, both legs would be broken. "I'll find water and clean up later."

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Clean up later.

He’d been so focused on not getting his face ripped off by an angry Snaptrotter that Leukos hadn’t even noticed what a complete and utter mess he was. But now that things had calmed down, he became aware of the overwhelming smell of blood that had gone overlooked before. By the Gods, it was all over him. Somehow he’d gotten it on his face and neck, and even in his hair. Looking down at his smeared hands, it became clear who the culprit for that was. Which had to mean that…

Oh goodness NO, he’d gotten it on his rescuer’s hand as well, and since he’d rubbed his face too, there it was: a red smear along his cheek. He’d quite literally made a mess of the whole situation.

Now that Leukos was aware of the gore, there was no way he’d be able to ignore it any longer or he’d go crazy. “Uhh, maybe, you shouldn’t wait? I mean…” He pointed up at his cheek, at the corresponding location of the smudge on the other’s face, “You’ve got some on you, here, from when we…” He blushed and held his palms up, crimping his fingers. “Which I appreciate! It’s just―it looks like I transferred some to you, sorry about that! Not that it’s nearly as bad as… all this…” He motioned haltingly up at his face and his whole… situation. What a despicable first impression he was making!

“So I mean… there’s all this water, right here…” He must sound like such a needy little diva right now, how mortifying! But he was sweaty and disgusting and there was no way he’d be able to wait any longer to get clean again. “I’ve heard salt is good for cleaning wounds, and there’s plenty right over there. I could help, if you need that, the waves aren’t very high right now, and it’d be easier, two-birds-one-stone…”

[4/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:15 am
Suddenly Onas felt like he was face to face with some kind of diva. It was this kind of attitude that made Onas not want to be around people. He didn't mind defending them, but hanging around them more than he had to was not something he wanted to do with his time. Now he was face to face with this one and his options were to get the man to this fresh water to clean himself or just leave without saying another word.

Wanting to leave, he instead sighed and rubbed at his face. Gods help him. Why was he going to be doing something so out of his personal comfort zone? Oh that's right, because socializing was apparently a good thing. People liked having friends and being social and things like that. With his past, he didn't know why. It was hard to understand anything when it came to wanting to be around others.

"Lead the way." Onas supposed he could see if his legs needed some kind of medical attention with all the blood washed off. He could listen to the other prattle, or half-listen anyway. "...I also doubt any of that is yours. That's probably all the prey-beast's blood."

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm

The stranger was clearly unenthused with the idea (Leukos could not fathom why, don’t most people like feeling clean?), but eventually gave the go-ahead. Fantastic. He was glad he didn’t have to press the issue any more than that; he didn’t want to make himself an inconvenience. Any more than he already had, anyways. “Oh goodness, I should hope not! That would be ridiculous; I didn’t even get a scratch out of it. Which I have you to thank for that…” He smiled appreciatively and made to reach for the other man’s hand, but thought better of it, seeing as his own were still unsightly, opting instead to prop them at his hips, “I can’t possibly put into words my utmost gratitude for what you did for me. I’m sure I would just be another corpse on the sand for that creature to feast on if you had not so readily come to my aid. Thank you for your selfless bravery…”

Leukos wished he had some way to repay this stranger for what he had done, but he was rather bereft of funds at the moment, and it’s not like he had power, or any influence that he could use to help him in his life. He was just one fish swimming alone in a crowded new pond he was not familiar with. And that was frustrating.

But dwelling on his melancholy would achieve nothing and just make him feel worse than he already did, so Leukos puffed air and all the negative feelings out though his cheeks. “I’m sorry, let’s get this under way. The sooner I can get all this washed out of my hair, the sooner I can get out of your hair!” He grinned, quite proud of his little play on words there, and started heading down the sands towards the surf.

The water wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t warm either. So on a hot day like this, it was actually rather refreshing. He wiggled his toes in the wet sand as he eagerly unlaced his snug capris, when a thought occurred to him, stalling with his thumbs hooked in his hemline. “I’m sorry. I didn’t even think to ask: do you mind? Walking in wet pants tends to cause chafing, plus it takes forever for them to dry out, and then they’re crusty with salt… I prefer to just ditch them to avoid all that hassle.” He wouldn’t quite mind if the other man did the same; he had nice calves, the rest was probably just as easy on the eyes as well…

But those kinds of thoughts were not fair or warranted, making him flush lightly as Leukos took his eyes away from the stranger. “But if it makes you uncomfortable, I totally understand! Don’t feel pressured or anything, I can keep them on, I don’t mind…”

[5/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 am
He wasn't unenthusiastic about the idea, just the need the other had in his voice. If he were any meaner he would wince and tell the other his voice was too whiny and high pitched. Fortunately Onas knew when to keep his mouth shut. Instead of complaining, he just gave a thin, watery sort of look.

"...It was hardly brave." No, it was stupidity. He shouldn't done what he did, but here he was anyway. He chased off a snaptrotter and lived to tell the tale. Not that he would. Onas wasn't the kind who bragged about the things they'd done in their lives, not really. He wasn't modest, he just didn't really like talking about himself. He didn't want to hear about most other people either, so one could say Onas just was very apathetic about everything lately. "It was my duty to help those who get themselves into those situations." With that, he looked off and just followed Leukos with his hands behind his back. Those yellow eyes of his scanned the area to make sure there weren't more animals coming at them.

Looking back to Leukos he realized the other was going to derobe and the Matori just rolled his eyes. He settled beside the water enough to put his legs into it and started to scrub at the wounds instead of giving a verbal answer. He wasn't disrobing himself. There was no need when it was just his calves that needed tending to.

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 pm

He wasn’t really much of a talker, was he?

Which Leukos could understand; not everyone was as effervescent as himself when it came to making conversation. That didn’t really help though to make it sting any less when the other was so curt with his words. He might just always be like this. But to Leukos anyways, it felt like the man was just bothered by his continued presence, and was really only making an effort for some civility out of politeness. Which was appreciated. But it didn’t help to make him feel any better.

So when no other answer came but an eye roll, he was forced to mull over that as the stranger sat in the sand. What did that even mean? Was he rolling his eyes because Leukos was being ridiculous for even bothering to ask if he cared? Did he care? Would it just be awkward if Leukos took his clothes off while the other kept them on? Maybe the very idea of seeing him nude was too comical to even consider? It shouldn’t be: Leukos considered himself to be in pretty great shape, surely there was nothing humorous about his body? Right?

But now he had just been standing and fretting silently to himself for who knows how long, surely he was blowing this up way more than it needed to be. Making a call, he decided to just leave his pants on and suffer through soggy bottoms as his punishment for being stupid. So he waded in deeper until water was up to his navel, dipping down to submerge himself in a wave. Scrubbing vigorously with his fingers until the water around him was no longer tainted with the pink tint of blood, he slicked his mass of wet hair over his shoulders, wading back closer to the other.

It looked like his cuts were cleaning up nicely, and what they had suspected was true: the damage really wasn’t that bad after all. Which Leukos was thankful for; it would have been dreadful if he had caused this stranger any real harm.

This stranger....

GODS ABOVE.

Leukos had never introduced himself! He hadn’t even asked his rescuer’s name! Mortified with his own rudeness, he knelt down into the water next to the man, face pale as he held a hand out for him. “I am so terribly sorry and embarrassed for my lack of decency! I should have done this after you had come to my aid: my name is Leukos, and I am humbled and sincerely disappointed in myself that I never took a moment to ask for your name.”

[6/10]

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 am
Onas wasn't much of a talker, no. Words has never been the Matori's strong point, so he didn't use them a lot.

His legs were fine. It was fairly superficial damage that wouldn't leave too many marks, but would leave some ugly scabs for a while. A minor price to pay for saving someone. It had made his day a lot more interesting than it had been in a while. So Onas couldn't be mad really. He shouldn't be excited, but he wanted something else to happen tomorrow like this. Something he could be proud of doing day after day.

And suddenly introductions were being made, which caught the spearman by surprise and he stared up at the other with a very startled expression. His pupils were blown wide and he even had his mouth open a bit before Onas made himself relax. It was just an introduction, Onas, stop being so jumpy.

"...I'm Onas." Simple as that and he actually wiped his hand off on his own shorts and took the other's hand in his. It felt softer than Onas'. Hardly surprising, this one looked like he came from a well off family compared to him. "Don't sweat it. Getting attacked sort of..." He made a vague motion with his other hand. "Messes things up."

Why was Onas trying to be nice and reassuring to this man? He wasn't going to scold him, but he was putting in a lot of effort to talk to him and calm the other down. It was out of the ordinary for the once beach-bum.

MissMisnomer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Aside from raising his eyebrows for a moment, Leukos had no other reaction when the other man seemed so terribly surprised by the gesture, ending the solid handshake with a nod. The fact that he was even talking to him at all was more than Leukos expected at this point: this guy didn’t seem too inclined for chit-chat. He took his hand away with a smile, glad that the embarrassing etiquette faux pas had been quickly resolved. Sitting up straighter, he carded his fingers through the sopping wet drapery of hair over his shoulder, attempting to untangle some of the knots.

“Well, thank you again, Onas. I swear I don’t usually make it a habit of requiring rescuing. I like to think I’m a cautious guy that doesn’t take too many stupid risks,” He paused, laughing a bit as he shrugged. “Though when it comes to animals, I suppose I do tend to throw caution to the wind. Which has somehow gotten me into more trouble than usual as of late: I for one blame my unfamiliarity with the local wildlife. Which can be remedied, but I suppose that just takes time. ”

[7/10]

Peppermint Coffee

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces