Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 am
This is a private RP between Nyx Queen of Darkness & LOLTERNATIVE for the following
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Lolly's Teepee Nyx's Teepee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm
Claws moved swiftly across the parchment, each movement simple but calculated. Her eyes moved under closed lids, desperate to see the path she was tracing. But that would only influence her reading - her own bias taking her on a path rather than the fates themselves. Finally her clawed stopped and her eyes opened slowly. Her claws, dipped in golden paint, traced a path between the map of stars and constellations. The talon, for strength - or battle if paired with the shield, which in this case it was not; the goat for harvest - which was strong when paired with the crop constellation or weak when paired with the dying star. It would be a strong harvest, in this instance. The nest was circled more than once - there would be many new lives born into the flock in the coming months.

In all, she was pleased with the reading - there was certainly a positive future ahead for the flock. But she knew this, for the reading had been the same - with minor differences - for weeks now. Still, she read for the flock every day - the fates could change their mind at any moment and did she not like to be caught unawares. She dipped her claws in the bowl of water by her side and carefully rolled the parchment now the ink was dry. A raccoon, one of many who worked for the oracle, tied a cord around it and marked it with a series of lines and dots before carrying it off to be stored.

Her wings fluttered behind her and she shifted in her position, stretching out before her claws dipped into black ink and she began creating new maps.

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 pm
Vanraumolire kept wiping her claws a little distractedly to get the coal dust off. Her mother Galla was taking her to one of the seer's today and she felt a little self-conscious when having to deal with adults of the Flocks.

This mare, Asteria was a bit older than her and had lost most of the foalish ways that still plagued Vanraumolire. Just like most of her siblings. She had always felt the ugly duckling to them all, but she knew that her beauty lay in the things she could make with her claws.

Her attention came back to the present as her mother Galla, cleared her throat.

"Yes mother?" Vanraulimore asked politely.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 pm
Galla smiled at Vanraulimore, the youngest of her children and the most unexpected. It had been a very interesting experience raising a foal with the help of another actual parent. Vanraulimore always needed special looking after, not because of any shortcomings that her mother's saw, but rather because Vanraulimore felt that she fell short. In Galla's eyes (and she knew that Vanya felt the same), Vanraulimore was perfect just like all her other children.

"Did you bring the gift, 'Lire?" She knew that Vanraulimore wasn't crazy about seeing a seer, but she knew that presenting a gift that she had made would make her smile that rare smile.

Her daughter nodded at her and she smiled back. "Let's go." They made the long walk to where Asteria was and waited patiently to be brought before her.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 pm
Asteria need not be told she was to have guests, of course. The stars had told her as much and though she didn't know who or the exact date, the had expected it sometime soon. She had prepared the maps the day the stars told her of her guests, for that was the day that would influence them. Inks of gold, silver and black were brought forth and the raccoons scurried around, placing pillows for comfort.
One of the visitors was with child, or had recently given birth, that much she knew. However, there were so many expecting of late that she didn't know who to expect. Refreshments were laid out, fresh fruits and dried meats - it was no custom to offer such provisions but the young mare liked the company of others and the more welcoming she was the more likely they were to ask readings from her again.

"Send them in," she nodded towards the raccoon before straightening herself. She was still young, a fresh seer. Her training was completed earlier than most, a blessing she attributes to his father and the tales he told her of the stars. Her gift came from him as much as it came from the Great Mother Spirit. A raccoon preened her feathers - still scattered with the down of a child. She shooed her away gently and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 pm
Galla led the way into the seer's cave, the air was cool and refreshing as they came into her den. The mare was lovely and young, it took Galla aback to see that she was Astreaus daughter. She had known, of course, but it was strange to see someone she'd been young with's grown daughter in a place of such status.

"Asteria," Galla bowed her head. "I am Galla Sile and this is my and Vanya's daughter, Vanraulimore."

Vanraulimore moved forward and presented her gift. She had worked hard on it, thinking that a trinket that represented the stars would be fitting for a seer. It was small and light, giving off a soft shimmer and would be easy to wear in the hair.

"I made this as a gift for you," she bowed her head a little awkwardly. She wasn't quite sure what she was supposed to do or say in...well, most situations.

"We have come to have our future's read." She hesitated, "I mean, if you...will?" Was she supposed to ask or say it as though she knew it would happen.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 pm
Ah, she thought to herself as her sisters appeared before her. This explained why the stars were so entwined in regards to the visitors. Mother and daughter. She chastised herself for not making the connection sooner. She had much to learn still.

"Welcome," she said, returning their bow with a dip of her head. Of course,
Asteria knew both. Galla was praised for her beauty as much as Vanya was and her fighting skills were remarkable. Their daughter was famous based on her parents alone. The gift was presented and Asteria accepted it with a smile, marveling at its beauty. It may seem simple, but her father had taught her enough of crafting to know that great skill went into creating this. All sides perfectly even, not a single flaw she could see. "It is beautiful, thank you." A raccoon appeared as if on queue and she handed the star to him which he then carefully secured in her mane before scurrying off again.

"Of course I will," Asteria said with a smile, beckoning the two to take a seat. "That is what most come to see me for." She settled in her place,
shifting into the cushions she sat on. "Who will go first?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 pm
Vanraulimore beamed under Asteria's praise. It seemed so small a thing amongst all the finery that Asteria had. But she couldn't help but still feel proud of it. It was then she vowed that one day, others would come to her as they came to Asteria for her gifts. She would take today as a lesson in how to act, how to become a better her. Because this social thing, it was hard.

"I'll go," Vanraulimore said as elegantly as possible and moved forward. "Please, tell me what the fates tell you of me."  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Asteria nodded and closed her eyes. Her claws dipped in the silver ink first, a large drop pooling at the end. She swished her arm across, letting the drop fall. The closest star it fell to was her dominant star - her ruling star. This could alter readings, change the meanings. It landed among the three sisters, closest to Seda who was closely linked to seers, priestesses and artisans. Another small drop landed near the Great Mother Spirit - a blessing.

She rinsed her claws, a raccoon using a cloth to dry them before guiding her to the gold ink. Finally, she traced the path on the map. Again, her eyes moved underneath her lids and she closed them tightly. Ink trailed along the parchment, as the stars guided her down their design. Suddenly, her eyes opened and she cleaned the ink before looking down.

"Seda and the Great Mother Spirit shine on you, Vanraulimore," Asteria gestured to the silver droplets. "These are your guiding stars. Seda shines on artisans - this is no surprise to me." She pointed to the gold now. "The river and the shield. You are at war with the change in yourself. It will be a tough battle but do not dismay for here is the winged gauntlet. You will prevail."

She smiled a reassuring smile. "Here, the shining jewel. Good fortune will befall you - but see here, it is linked to the wing. You will take a journey beforehand. Physical or spiritual, it is undecided." She leaned back and a pair of raccoons brought forth fans made of parchment and fanned the map, helping the ink dry.

"I see good fortune in your future, my sister. However, it will not come easily. Seda shines upon you, you will do great things but with most great things they take time. Do not give up even in your darkest times believe in this as I have seen it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am
Vanraulimore considered the words that Asteria said. She saw much of her own hope for the future in the words that were told, but she also felt a fear come with them. The journey. Was it to be her own? Was it a journey to find her sister? A journey to find her sister gone? Or a journey that she was left behind on while her mother and siblings left? She did not know and for a moment she feared that the words would prove to be too true to her thoughts.

It crossed her mind for a moment to beg her mother to go, to not have her future told. But she knew her mother would not. Galla was a guard and she would go unflinchingly to battle, or the thing that scared her most--a missing child.

Galla smiled sweetly at Vanrai trying to hide her own insecurities. She had always known Vanrau's future to be bright and this was only confirmation. But the future felt dark and windy for herself, and it had for sometime.

"Tell me, please, what you see." Her voice did not waver.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers