[FIN Oba] I Want It! ~ Shura & Bushi ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:20 pm
Shura was starring up at her father as he went about the task that was cleaning up after a long day of being a merchant. It seemed, at least to her, that they had done a lot of business today. Given the pleased look on her father's face she would believe that it had to be the case. As such she felt that now was the time to bombard him with... well, the thing that was first and foremost on her mind of things that she 'needed' to make sure that her life was complete!

Climbing up onto Aatos so that she would be closer to the same level as Bushi. Once there she starred at the big man and said, "Daddy, I want a water kitty like the one that Issaly had! Therefore I am going to need a book about them to read first!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:22 pm
Bushi paused in what he was doing as he watched Shura scrambling up Aatos, making sure that his daughter didn't disturb anything that was on the turtle's back. Once he was sure that she was fine he turned to look at Profit and said, "You did well watching her today, thank you, Profit." He gave the bright blue bird a pat on the head before digging into a pouch at his side to get out some treats. He handed one over to the big bird, then another to Aatos so that he wouldn't feel left out.

Once that hew as done he was about to turn back to what he was doing when Shura suddenly started to talk about her want of a 'water kitty'. It took him a moment to realize what she meant. It seemed that her eyes were now locked firmly on the zanteer, huh? He blinked a couple times then said, "I might have something like that?"

He moved to dig around in one of the packs, knowing he had some books on animals but he didn't know if he had a zanteer specific one.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm
Shura gave a nod of her head, "I see... I see." She murmured, leaning over to watch as her father worked on digging around for the book, "I think I should read about them first! Once I know about them then I will know how to take good care of one, right?" She gave her father the best smile that she could come up with, hoping that it would win him over to her way of thinking.

After a while of watching him digging around she found the book being held out to her. She took it quickly and read the title out loud, "Ahh... Beasts of Matori?" She said before she started to dig through the book. She found a few interesting entries, including what Saalin was, but she didn't pause until she found the section on 'water kitties' and that was where she started to read it over. Giving a grumbling sound she said,"There are some... big words in here... I will do my best though!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Bushi gave a bit of a smile as he return to his cleaning up, "If you get stuck on any words show them to me and I will..." His words trailed off as he looked toward Shura who was already holding the book out to him, pointing at a word on the page. He leaned in and read it, "Carnivore. It means that the zanteer eat meat. Most likely fish since they are a water dwelling creature."

If they got one of them that meant they would need to get more fish he thought to himself as he continued his packing. He wanted to make sure that everything ended up in the right pack so that nothing would become 'lost' between now and the next time that he set up shop. Once everything was packed up he picked up the think piece of cloth that the shop was set up on. He shook it out, rolled it up, and draped it over Aatos's neck, "Good boy." He gave him a pat on the head before looking up to Shura, "Scoot down and sit on the cloth roll so that Profit can perch up there for the ride back, Shura."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 pm
"Carn... i... vore. Gotcha." So the water kitty was going to want to eat fish, huh? She supposed that actually made a lot of sense since Ullyee did have a lot of sharp teeth, huh? Fish though... where did one get fish in Oba? She supposed that one could get it from merchants but there wasn't a lot of actual fishing to be done, at least that she knew of. If there were any fishing spots though she'd have to learn them so that she could catch food for the water kitty.

Giving a nod of her she head said, "I will learn to fish if I have to!" It was half said to her father and half to herself before she moved to climb from the shell of Aatos and down to sit on the cloth roll he had draped over his neck. Once she was comfortable she opened the book back up, scanning it over once more. After a moment she gave the book a look, wondering if it was using weird words on purpose.

"What about this?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:29 pm
Bushi leaned in to look at the book, "Oceanic habitat. That is just where they are found in Matori. They are normally a water dwelling beast... so we would need to make it a makeshift pool to swim in back home in Awat if we did get one." This thing was already starting to sound like a lot of work, wasn't it? Still, Shura did seem willing to learn to fish to help feed the thing... though that meant finding a place for her to fish. Such places weren't really a thing in Oba but maybe they could go to Matori for that? He had business there anyway.

"Taking care of such a beast is going to be a lot of work, Shura. Are you sure that you don't want something simpler? Something that actually comes from Oba?" Not that Profit was from Oba per say but at least she seemed to acclimate well enough to the terrain. Maybe because Tale was a fairly hot and dry place as well?  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:30 pm
"Make the kitty a pool? That would be fun." Did that mean digging a hole and then... what? Carrying well water? Hiring a water mage? She couldn't rightly say but she was willing to do the digging and water carrying if it meant that she got the water kitty that she wanted. Still, it did sound like a lot of work, huh? That meant that she had to be really dedicated if she actually wanted such a beast.

At the mention of wanting something 'simpler' that 'came from Oba' she shook her head, "Naw... I want a water kitty." She said as she looked down at the book once more, reading more into detail about it. They did get pretty big so that meant a lot of fish and a good sized pool, huh? She was going to have to end up getting a job when she was older to support such a beast she realized, making a bit of a face. She hadn't even thought about that but since her father worked as hard as he did to support them it was only right she did the same, huh?

"Can I work for you so I can afford to but the water kitty's fish?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Bushi gave a nod of his head. He hadn't really thought that it was going to be as easy as all of that to change her mind but it had at least been worth a try. He was going to have to see about building a pool then, huh? That or having someone else build it for him since that sort of building wasn't exactly his forte. He was able to take materials sold to him to create things like jewelry and decorations for a home but a pool? That was a bit out of his range.

"Hm? Work for me?" He turned to look at her, giving a bit of a chuckle, "Maybe when you're older you can do that. For the time being I think it's best that you stick with your studies so that you're able to read even the most complicated of books." He understood her want for a job since she was trying to talk him into a complicated pet but he knew that her studies were far more important at the moment. He wanted her to grow up with options after all, that way she could be whatever she wanted instead of ending up in his line of work out of necessity.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:34 pm
Shura gave a bit of a pout before she nodded, "Alright, I will stick with my studies." It would be helpful when it came to reading books such as the one in her hands after all. It wasn't an easy book like she'd really hopes that it would be. No matter, she meant to conquer the zanteer section of the book so that her father would understand that she was serious about wanting the water kitty!

As she continued with her reading, asking about a couple words here and there, Aatos started to slowly move forward at her father's behest, signaling that they were going to be heading back to join the rest of the family. She was glad, she wanted to find Dovian, talk to him about everything she'd seen today, and tell him about her plans to get herself a water kitty! Provided of course that she was able to talk her father into such a thing. It would be an uphill battle but she meant to do her best to get what she wanted. Same as she did with everything that she wanted... with only one battle being a losing one thus far.

Speaking of which. She looked up from her book and said, "Since we are in Sulburi and we aren't busy does that mean I can finally get my ears pierced?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 pm
Bushi gave a nod, glad to see that she was willing to stick with her studies. There were a few peaceful moments of them heading back to the inn where the rest of the family was waiting for them when Shura was suddenly asking about something that he'd been putting off since he saw her as being 'too young'. Turning to her, he found her smiling at him from her perch on Aatos as she asked about getting her ears pierced.

He starred a moment, then sighed, "We... are in Sulburi... and we aren't busy at the moment... but I don't know." He knew she was at the age where it should be alright for her to get her ears pierced and he knew it wasn't that bad a process since he had some piercings himself. Still, the idea of his child being hurt even if it was passing pain bothered him greatly. Crossing his arms over his chest he said, "You do know it's not easy, right? Piercing is just that. It means putting a hole through your ear with a special device. It will hurt, Shura."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 pm
The girl nodded her head as she shifted the way she was sitting, leaning in closer to her father... or at least as close as she could without falling off of Aatos altogether. She nodded her head at the mention of it not being easy. It was the normal argument that she heard after all but it was something that didn't scare her as much as when she first started asking for piercings.

"I know, I know! They are going to take a big needle and stab it through my ears one after the other!" At least that was the way that she imagine it to be done. It ahd to be a needle since it was a circle shaped hole, right? If it was anything else, like a long, thin hole then it would a knife that they used! Or at least that was the way she saw it. Giving her best smile she said, "I will be alright if they stab my ears with giant needles or even knives! I'm super brave after all!" She just didn't want Dovi to be there when it happened as she was more worried about him getting scared then herself. As such she felt that now was the perfect time to get the piercings done since Dovi was with their mother!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm
Bushi nearly tripped over his own feet before whirling around to stare at his daughter, sighing a bit, "It's... not as bad as all of that..." It wasn't a giant needle or a knife... where had she gotten that idea into her head? Of course the moment he said those words he realized the mistake that he'd made. He'd just told her that it wasn't so bad getting one's ears pieced as she made it out to be. As such that meant that it wasn't as bad he had made it out to be in his attempts to keep her from getting her ears pierced too early.

Sighing a bit he said, "It's not that bad... but it's still something that you have to think about. It's not horrible but it's still not all that easy either." He felt that he'd already lost though.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:40 pm
In fact Shura was all but bouncing in place over the mistake that her father had made in his words, "Not that bad! Not that bad! Alright! Let's go now! Let's pierce my ears and get a water kitty!" She said, clapping her hands in delight while she asked for a bunch of large requests all at once. If she packaged them together maybe she could get them both at once! That or maybe she'd get lucky and she could at the very least get one or the other? She'd ask for earrings first since she hadn't done near enough reading yet... or so she felt.

Giving a smile she said, "Well? Can we? Can we? Please, Daddy!?" She was standing up on Aatos now, all but jumping up and down, the book still in her hands as she tried to implore her father to go shopping for earrings and water kitties with her. While she felt that her best bet was getting one or the other she still wanted to try!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 pm
Bushi gave a bit of a sigh before he said, "How about... we... get earrings... and just look at zanteer pups for now. I would rather we talk with your mother first before we go getting you a pet. Especially one that I don't think exactly has a use like Profit and Aatos do." A pet that was for the most part useless and unable to work wasn't something that they should take one easily and without thought. As such he felt that saying that they had to talk with Phaedra first would at least buy him some time to think about it.

As they walked along, heading toward where he knew that they could get earrings, he was sighing a bit. He wasn't sure what he thought about all of things. The idea of giving in to the demands for earrings... but maybe she was finally old enough? Especially since she was willing to get them despite her having been under the impression that they used giant needles to 'stab' holes in a person's ears. Here was to hoping that she didn't describe it as such to Dovian as he didn't think that it was something his son would like to hear about in that sort of overly exaggerated detail...  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:43 pm
"Yes! Let's do that! I want to see the baby water kitties! Please, please!" She said, jumping up and down rapidly now in her excitement. She would get one and a half of the things that she wanted! She might not be able to get the water kitty today but at least she would be able to go and see some baby ones! Not only that but getting to visit them meant that she would get to play with them too! Something that had the girl all but squealing in delight.

Of course all the excited jumping soon had the girl falling off of her moving perch. Shura gave a squeal of surprise as she fell... only to be caught midair by the back of her dress. Looking up she starred up at the big, blue kinfa that had hold of her. She gave a bit of a grin before she waved her arms, "Thank you, Profit!" She praised the big bird, setting to work petting her the best that she could given the awkward position that she was hanging in at the moment. Not the easiest thing to do but she wanted the birdy to know that she definitely appreciated being caught as opposed to hitting the ground at Aatos's feet.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff