Reply Archives
{ORP}A Chance to Breathe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:29 pm
It had been four sevendays before there was a moment where Moluli felt like she could catch her breath. So much had happened that she wasn't entirely sure where to begin to process it all. The whirlwind had truly started the moment Starelth had impressed to her. Everything else had come rapidly afterwards. The hatching, the loss of Malsalth, being told their greens were going to be allowed to try to clutch. It was almost too much for a girl to take in.

Moluli headed toward the dragonet feeding stands in the crisp early morning air with an arm draped comfortably around her dragon's neck. She hoped some of her fellow weyrlings were there or would soon show up, so they could talk. For her, feeding first followed by bathing worked best. The water would be cold this early in the morning and she wasn't looking forward to getting wet to scrub her dragon. It had to be done though.

Starelth padded calmly beside her rider despite eyes whirling red with hunger. She lifted her head on her long neck to see if any had beaten her there. Not that it mattered to her who got there first second or third. So long as there was enough meat to go around. Which there always was.

The teen reached the tables and selected a side of meat to begin breaking up. Glad was she that they no longer had to finely chop their dragon's meal. Moluli would have sworn she nicked her hands every day while they'd been doing that. It felt like they were just healed. She used a mallet and knife to work the wide rack of ribs into smaller, swallow-able sections as Starelth waited.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm
D'vika paused, heavy mallet in the air poised above the large butchers knife in her other hand. A surge of anxiety crossed her connection with Naishanth. Wordlessly, the dark green tucked herself tighter under the table where she'd tried to hide herself. Admittedly only her front half fit even at this age, but it was enough for the young green whos yellow eyes whirled bright from the shadows she hid in.

Ah... I tried to get us here early enough. D'vika didn't mind the company personally... but it was hard finding time where Naishanth could be alone in the cavern the weyrlings all shared. "Hey, Moluli" D'vika waved with the mallet before slamming it home, driving the knife through the shoulder joint of a carcass before her. She grinned with satisfaction and sawed through the rest of the meat, dislodging the limb entirely. "I wonder if you could go from being a butcher to a smith? Or a smith to a butcher. It feels kinda the same you know? Just not as hot."  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 pm
They were early, but someone was already there well ahead of them. It almost would have been surprising had it not been the pair it was. Moluli tried very hard to ignore the green. She wasn't sure if the green was scared, shy, or something else. If she'd stumbled across this scene without knowing the rider, it would have been quite comical and she knew she'd have laughed. Who ever heard of a dragon hiding under the table? Still she took a moment to pound the meat to be sure she wouldn't crack.

She turned her head from her work for a moment to smile at the other woman. "D'vika, good morning." It felt utterly alien to pointedly ignore the dark green dragon from the conversation. Before, she'd tried to include the green with unfortunate results. Now she tried to respect the green's wishes to remain unseen despite how rude it felt to her. Moluli wasn't sure how the pair was going to handle life once the green grew up. She couldn't hide forever, but that wasn't her problem to deal with.

The teen chuckled as she considered the proposition. "Maybe? Although, I feel a smith takes much more skill to beat hot metal into a particular than a butcher just hacking meat to pieces." Of course, most of the new riders were no experts on breaking down a large carcass. "Smithing is a much, much cleaner occupation. Sure the forges are hot, and you sweat but it's clean sweat." She wrinkled her nose as pieces of meat and marrow clung to her shirt. "How have things been going?" She very discretely gave a tiny tilt of her head toward the darker green hiding under the table without looking at her.

Starelth moved herself to the other end of the table, to wait her meal, completely ignoring her sister. She curled her tail around her haunches and watched the women working. While she didn't mind her distant sibling, she was hoping someone would be here willing to talk. Naishanth certainly didn't fit that harness. There was still time yet for another to show.

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 pm
E'dal whistled as he and Wanjouth wandered towards the dragonet feeding area. Wanjouth chirped and trilled in between his notes as they made it to the area. There were three others already there and he gave a welcoming wave. Looking back, he saw Wanjouth looking back at him with big dragon eyes. Laughing, he went back and picked her up. She made it much further than she had when she was newly hatched.

"You are a silly little dragon who is about to be a full little dragon. And then, perhaps a shiny little dragon if you are lucky. Good morning all, a bright day to you all." Moving to the side, he took a smaller slab of meat and a knife. He still had to cut chunks for Wanjouth but they weren't fingered sized anymore... More like the size of a small fist.

Wanjouth looked at the other greens and sat close to E'dal. She thumped her little tail with happiness as he began to cut up her food. Hello, hello! How is everyone today? Not much could put her out of sorts.  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 am
I'sko sighed. He really didn't care for morning feeding. Everyone came together and gossiped, asked all sorts of questions, and tried to talk to him. It wasn't the people he minded. Or even the gossip. Somehow, the actual voices were soothing. But when they spoke to him and wanted his opinion, he stuttered and it took a while to answer.

Maybe he never should of spoken up after hatching.

Nonsense. Deldowth told him. It was a good idea and perhaps it may be the chance to save the northern dragons. If not, we all the last. But I wish to eat. Knowing my luck though, all the good pieces will be gone. The brown followed behind him, tail held precariously high though his head was down low. I am sure my clutch mates will needle at me.

I'sko merely sighed and raised a hand in greeting as they arrived. Nodding to everyone, he moved to the side to look for a rib rack. Deldowth liked cracking the bones after I'sko had fed him. "Morning all."

Moving quickly to his rider, Deldowth looked around at all the greens and bobbed his head. Quietly to his rider, he sounded nervous. All these greens. I shall stay over here, close to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:18 am
It wasn't that surprising that she hadn't have time to do her hair since bonding to Lithustoth but the braids had been in for a month and a half now so they had to come out even if she didn't have time to re-do them just yet.

Thanks to this delay V' joined her classmates a little late and instead of her usual neat cornrows her hair was standing out around her head in a crown of tight curls. "Morning, alright?" she yawned to her classmates in general as she located a piece of carcass and started work on it.

Lithustoth trilled a greeting of her own and reached out to speak to her fellow dragons. //Good morning! How are all of you? Are you looking forward our lessons today- see, I think Sh'shi is going quite slowly. I think I'll ask her if there's anything more advanced we can talk about.// She was only awake for parts of the lessons but they seemed pretty boring to her, when where they going to talk about the future more?  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:20 pm
E'dal waved as V' joined their small group with Lithustoth behind her. "Morning!" Wanjouth was starting to slow down and be more interested in talking with her clutch mates so E'dal was able to talk a little more with the others. "Do you think the weather will hold? I like it when it's early summer. Not too hot and not so cold. The heat will hit soon and we will all wish for a breeze but until that time... I could sleep all day like Wanjouth."

He held a few more chunks to Wanjouth who shook her head no. Shrugging, he looked at the small pile. "Anyone need some cut up chunks? Wanjouth has had her fill."

Wanjouth scooted a little closer to Lithustoth and gave a trill in response. A happy, social creature, she loved being able to talk to the others. Even if they didn't always get her. Our lessons? I guess so. It's a lot to keep in my head so E'dal remembers for me. The little green wrinkled her snout with the talk of advancement. I hope not. But if she does, I can ask you for help.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 pm
As though their arrival had been the alarm, more young dragons started to trickle in. Moluli grinned and waved her current implement in greeting. “Good morning E’dal and Wanjouth! You two are certainly chipper this morning.” She liked and was intrigued by the music of combined whistling and chirps. It was novel to say the least.

Moluli greeted the only brownrider of the group as he joined the morning feeding. “How’s it going I’sko?” She smiled as the young brown stuck close to his rider. “Indeed it is V’. Say, did you do something different with your hair?” The young woman looked… fluffier was the only word that would come to mind at the moment.

“That’s a good time of year E’dal. When the heat does come, bathing the dragon’s won’t be so hard.” It’d be quite pleasant to get into the water with them. Moluli figured there’d be plenty of excuses to do exactly that. “Not that Sh’shi would allow us to sleep all day,” the teen laughed.

Starelth turned her head towards Wanjouth’s welcomed calls. Now this was more like it. She trilled her own greeting to her fellow green. Yours seems particularly cheerful this morning Wanjouth. Has something happened? She turned to calmly greet Deldowth as well, good morning. Is all well?

How do you do Lithustoth? My morning is well and my rider is nearly finished cutting my breakfast I believe. I shall be happy to fill my belly. Oh? Then you still need to stay awake for them. Although we still have much to learn, so I’m positive Sh’shi will have many lessons for us. Even after we’ve learned it all.

((Wow I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this sooner! Gaia didn't let me know there had been replies.))  

magnadearel

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:13 am
Wanjouth looked curiously at Starelth. Turning around in a circle, she looked up at the sky. Everything still looked the same. She sat down again. I don't think so. Why shouldn't I be happy when the sky is pretty, my rider is here, and I am growing big and strong? She tried to puff her chest out but unsettled herself. Wobbling to regain her balance, Wanjouth dropped her jaw in a laugh. See? Big and strong!

"No, she won't let us do that and I don't think that I could. Though I admit on chilly mornings, my bed furs seem much more comfortable and warm. I wouldn't mind a candle mark more of just relaxing." He gave a stretch and pushed the cut up bits towards the center of the table. "Though in Ista, it would already be warm and bathing in the bay waters is a great way to start off the morning."

E'dal tried not to think too much about his former home. Though there were many, many good memories, the recent poor ones were still forefront on his mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:37 pm
"Sure, thanks," V' nodded to E'dal, "Lith can eat faster than I can cut. Swear you can see them all growing practically!" Sometimes she still had to pinch herself to convince herself this wasn't all a dream, that Lithustoth was really hers.

//Always!// Lithustoth chirped and nudged her rider's hip as she gulped down a chunk of meat. //Our lessons are important, we have to push ourselves if we're going to be the best! And of course, I'd be happy to help!// she added enthusiastically in reply to Wanjouth but still addressing all of the other dragons. Then, to Starleth; //We're well, very well! Another day another challenge, I can't wait to see what we're doing.//

V' gave Moluli a slightly suspicious look when she asked about her hair, since when did she ask casually friendly questions like that of her?... Well, she'd go with it for now she guessed, could always change her mind later. "Yeah," V' nodded and paused in her task to gesture at her hair. "Had to take it out of the braids, I can only leave them in a few sevendays or they can get matted. Have to find time to put them back in soon though, it gets tangled easily loose like this.... Especially if I lie around in bed too much," she added with a little grin.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 pm
I'sko watched as the others interacted with each other. He wondered about what it would be like to sleep in for once and shook his head. At his small hold, they were up with the sun if not before it to fish or work the land. And at bed just after dinner to get a decent night's sleep. He looked over at V' and noticed her hair looked a little different but figured it was her hair to do what she wanted with it. Maybe he could do something with his hair. There really was no need for him to give any response, he slightly grunted and gave a short, "Things are going well, thank you," to Moluli.

Deldowth stoutly ignored the greens around him and continued to eat the chunks cut up for him by his rider. His belly would full soon and he would want to sleep but for now, the meat tasted good and he couldn't find anything to complain about other than the chattiness of his clutchmates. He was still a polite one and responded with a similar style to his rider's answer. I am well. Just getting ready for lessons or at least, to hear about lessons as I am sure I will sleep through most of them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm
Moluli nodded with a sigh. Some days were just so much harder to get out of bed! No matter what though, she wouldn't exchange Starelth for getting to sleep in an extra candlemark for the rest of her life. Having the young dragon was so important to her. "Mmmm maybe they'll let us go down there once in awhile for a swim once our dragons start flying." But how long would that be? Surely more than few months. Oh well, she'd have to content herself with their chilly waters for now.

She piled the cut meat into the pail until it was heaped high. Finally she turned to her green and began dolling out pieces. She still wanted to make sure the young dragon didn't choke herself trying to stuff her face too fast. Feeding with one hand, she glanced at V' as she explained about her hair. "Ah I see. Does it take you long to rebraid them all up?" Moluli couldn't imaging doing all those braids herself.

The young woman smiled at I'sko's short reply. Not much of talker. Everything seemed to be doing well for all the young riders here now. Moluli wondered if there might be any problems they should be watching out for this early in their young dragon's lives. Besides patchy skin from growing so fast of course. You'll let me know right away if anything is wrong right Starelth?

A bright day surely is reason enough, Starelth affirmed. She gave a laugh, aye, big and strong, yet no grace. We are still growing into our muscles. The last was meant to reassure Wanjouth. To emphasize that, she ate what her rider fed her, daintily yet quickly.

Glad to hear Lithustoth. Starelth knew she'd rather have a nap and a bath after she ate. There should be plenty of time for things later. I'm glad we get to sleep through our rider's boring lessons Deldowth. They have so much to learn it sounds like. She was glad she'd been born a dragon and already knew what to do.

Between gulps of meat she looked up at her rider and crooned softly, rubbing her soft hide against her rider's hand. Of course I will Moluli.

Faerie Princess Meeka

TawnyAngel

magnadearel

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 pm
E'dal looked over at V' and also saw the slight look of discomfort on I'sko's face. Really, if the guy couldn't stand being around other people or riders, how was he ever supposed to do his job? It was an internal shrug as he moved forward with the conversation. "Once we are allowed to fly on our own, I will take you to my favorite cove. Hopefully, we will be allowed to go back to our old weyrs to explore and learn points."

He thought for a moment. Would they ever be allowed to return? When would this sickness die down or die out, returning life to normal. "Perhaps we can all visit each other's homes. There's only 8 of us. I have the feeling we will be spending a lot of time together, whether we like it or not."

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games