[PRP] So Shiny [Viveka + Static]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Static was simply moseying around. His lusus, Raijin, was within sight, but not so close as to make the boy uncomfortable. He had been feeling kinda... odd around his lusus. He always seemed to grow sluggish and tired when Raijin was there next to him, and it made him nervous. He could feel it building up to something, some sort of... conflict. Static grit his teeth at that thought. Conflict was something Static considered himself quite allergic to. It made him sweaty, jittery, nervous, and he could swear he always felt the urge to sneeze when the conflict was coming. He had looked it up even. Those symptoms fit an allergic reaction somewhat well...

That was beside the point tho. Static was here to look at the local artisan's market. It had some pretty cool stuff, and some pretty weird stuff. There were booths that seemed to sell odd pets. Static had thought about getting one once, but the one he wanted appeared to have a habit of barfing lava, and he did not want to have to redo his carpets just for a pet. Another stand that seemed to sell some very odd sort of food that the blueblood did not quite have the courage to try. Static's eyes were drawn to something that seemed to glint in the moon light. The boy quirked his head and made his way over to the interesting stand. It was, weapons? "Oh cool." Static said quietly as he got closer. "Are these, um, are these, weapons?" Static managed to ask.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 pm
Viveka was in an incredibly good mood, and it was largely due to all of the money he had stored in the box next to him. He'd already had quite a bit of business today and couldn't help but feel a little excited. Dreams of new clothes, sweets, and fancy jewels twirled around in his head, but he kept himself grounded. The night was still young and there was no good in counting his chickens before they hatched.

"Keep an eye on this for me will you, Echo?" He chimed, plopping the box right underneath the Lusus' chin. "If this keeps up, I'll be able to buy a new set of tools! Isn't that exciting?"

He paid Echo a wink and turned, just as Static appeared. Oh, another customer! Delightful! He pranced over.

"Hello, hello!" He greeted, waving his hands out toward the items. "Yes, all hand crafted by yours truly! Feel free to peruse at your leisure and tell me if you see anything you like! I'll be more than happy to offer a closer look!"

Micillia

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Static smiled at the other troll, and rolled back on the balls of his heels. "So these, um, weapons." Static started, not really sure where to go with this. "Where did they come from?"

The blueblood picked up one of the items for sale and inspected it, a twinkle in his eyes. They were so shiny and obviously not mass produced. Although factories and manufacturing plants were a thing on Alternia, the market was still made of mostly hand made goods. Since the great glub the economy had taken a tumble, and it was being fairly slow to come back. Besides, everyone knew hand made was of better quality. Also, only the truly powerful items could be made by hand.

There were rumors of weapons that had added effects, rare effects. Just lie how there was the rare gifted troll, there were also the rare gifted artifact, somehow imbued with some special power. "Is there anything, um, special, or, uh, you know,
different about them?"
Static shifted uncertainly. It was just rumors tho, no one had seen a powerful artifact, and it was not all the way confirmed that they were even a real thing.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 pm
Viveka paused and blinked. Hadn't they heard what he'd said? That he'd made the weapons himself? He ran a hand through his hair and took a breath. Well, it was clear that this one had some trouble paying attention, not that it truly mattered. He'd just have to be more clear.

"My hive, dear, they're handcrafted!" He exclaimed, leaning against the counter and smiling broadly. "I've spent hours, even days, on each of these. Only my finest work makes it to this booth. Not a dent, scratch, or mistake will do. They're perfect."

He allowed himself to get a little dreamy-eyed in thought over his work and brought himself back at the next question. His first instinct was to fire back and say that they were in fact incredibly special and unique, and how dare they question that, but the uncertainty in the other's voice tipped him off to the underlying context at hand. With an air of disappointment, in himself, he gently shook his head.

"Aside from my stellar craftsmanship, I'm afraid they're only suited for your run-of-the-mill battle." He answered. "Believe me when I say this, though, that I would have loved to guarantee that these could shoot lasers or make a protective bubble, but that would make me a liar. I wouldn't dare stoop to such a low as that."

Micillia
Sorry for the wait! I'm trying to be more on top of things now, I swear. |D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh!" Static exclaimed quietly, seeing the for sale weapons in a different light now. Weapons were always around, but it had never really occurred to him that someone made them. He picked up another knife, with new light in his eyes. It was really impressive, making weapons by hand! He looked over the one he had picked up, feeling a warmth for it grow. When the blueblood remarked on his comment about weapons having something silly, like powers, the boy blushed, embarrassed. "Aha.. well, ye-yeah i mean, thats not really a thing, anyway, right?" Static mumbled, feeling silly for believing in such things in the first place.

The blueblood cleared his throat, ready to make his purchase. "Um, ide like to buy, this one, please." He said, handing the dagger over. "Did, um, did you have any, like, plans or anything for it?" Static asked, curious about the details of the weapon.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:15 pm
"It's certainly nice to think so." Viveka agreed, watching the other boy look the dagger over. "A weapon that could do such feats would be incredible and likely sought after, though. There would be all out wars just to claim it, I'm sure. It's probably why, if they do exist out there somewhere, they stay hidden."

A pity, but also a good opportunity for him to be the first weapons crafter to commodify them. The riches that could come from that almost had him daydreaming again. The fame, the glory, the patents... Such a sweet, sweet fantasy.

"Ah! Splendid!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands with a flutter before taking the dagger. The blueblood turned to rummage for a bag to place the dagger in and glanced up as Static continued to talk. "Plans? Well, I suppose that's up to you now? As I said, these weapons are good for battles, but you could use them for whatever you'd like. I don't police that."

After producing a bag from under the table, he offered Static a grin.

"Now, that'll be 30 Beetles all together! Is that alright with you?" He said.

Micillia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Static nodded, that felt about right. Besides, the one who made them would know! butting all that effort into something, and then seeing it to a new home, Static had no idea how that could feel. But he would make sure to be a good home to have the dagger go to. "Okay," Static said as he fished around in his wallet for the appropriate amount of currency. He stacked the beetles up, trying not to frown too much. Sure, he had money, but Raijin would notice 30 beetles missing, and Static was not looking forward to his lusus grilling him on where the money had gone. Maybe tho, maybe his lusus would think the dagger was cool, like Static thought it was. Maybe Raijin would appreciate the purchase.

"Thank you again!" Static said happily, delicately picking up the dagger and grinning down at it. The dagger shined in the moonlight, and Static could see the big blue scar that ran down his face. "Ill take good care of it." The blueblood said as he turned around and left the booth. He really hoped Raijin liked his purchase, otherwise, well, he didnt want to think about otherwise.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Viveka grinned. Yes, 30 Beetles more toward a brand new set of tools, maybe even the best that could be sold to someone his age! He was so excited, but he would refrain from dancing until after this customer left.

"You're very welcome, and please, come again! Tell your friends!" He called, waving after Static. "Take care!"

Then, as soon as Static was out of sight, Viveka scooped all of the Beetles off the counter and practically twirled over to Echo. This day was going so well, there was nothing in the world that could drag him down!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games