Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply Tokyo [NEW P5 Forum!]
::Shibuya, the District that Never Sleeps:: Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:49 am
Center Street
~::Shibuya::~
[The District that Never Sleeps]

One of the more famous districts in Tokyo, Shibuya is also one of the most diverse locales that you will find anywhere along the train lines that traverse the expanse of the city. Filled with bookstores, DVD rental shops, restaurants, drug stores, movie theaters, and so much more, there is a shop for everything that you could hope to find in Shibuya, but that flow of money is also a beacon for those with more nefarious intentions. Formerly under the thumb of Yakuza lackey Junya Kaneshiro, it was only after his tyranny was lifted by the Phantom Thieves that life truly began to improve for those who live and do business there.

Truly there's no shortage of interesting places to visit in Shibuya, from the Untouchable Airsoft Shop to the Protein Lovers Gym to the multitude of unique shops in the Underground Mall beneath Shibuya Station. And there are challenges for those who seek them, like the Comet Burger Challenge at Big Bang Burger, the games at the Arcade, and of course, the Charming Accessory Vendor who only sells his best shop to those who can seriously impress him with their overflowing charisma...

...There's graffiti, color, and character galore in Shibuya, more than you could possibly imagine...but the only way to truly know what it has to offer is to experience it for yourself! And that is something every true Tokyo-resident should have no problem diving head-first into.

[Locations include: Shibuya Station, the Underground Mall, Airsoft Shop, Big Bang Burger, DVD Rentals, Movie Theater, Video Game Arcade, Book Store, Gym, the Beef Bowl Restaurant, and more!]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:04 pm
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"
"...I will take everything! My friends, my family, my future...we'll take all of them together!..."

Most people weren't prepared for the cold. Everybody loved to look forward to the beauty of the snow and the peaceful, dark nights that came in the dead of winter, but few people were ever really prepared for the chilly temperatures that bit at the skin even beneath the layers of thick clothes that the season forced upon them. And yet despite that, so many people loved to get out and about in the season of snow, walking the streets with their loved ones, particularly with the Christmas holiday coming up so soon on the calendar. Everybody had their shopping ahead of them; some had already begun. Despite the harsh air and the shorter days, people were out in droves walking the streets of Shibuya through the crossing and onward down the long stretch of Central Street that lay just beyond. Couples filed in and out of the Diner, warm tufts of breath slipping from between their lips as they laughed together in comfortable celebration. Businessmen looking to warm their bodies filed into the Beef Bowl Shop for a late dinner, or those with less time into the Big Bang Burger nearby. Kids filed out of the arcade to catch an earlier train home, and a variety of folks seemed to be filing into the theater at the bend in the road for the prime time showing of whatever film was making headlines...probably Sapphire, that new Rise Kujikawa film.

Despite the cold, Shibuya was alive. It was bustling, filled with a new life and hope that had been strangely absent for much of the summer and early fall during the rise of the Phantom Thieves, when people talked a lot but also seemed to be running a bit on auto-pilot. It was...refreshing. And yet the work of returning hope, vitality, and justice to the city was far from done.

The work, as well as the winter chill, was something that Usaji Azai embraced. He had always been most comfortable reveling in the small, comforting light of the moon. And the chill of the winter was something that, while a little biting, helped to remind him that he was still here...in this city alive, struggling, fighting. In the past it made him feel lonely, but there was something different about this year, something that had rejuvenated him, filled him with vigor and hope. He thought of his new friends...and the power to which he had awakened. He thought of Miss Mariko who had shown him a kindness that no adult in his life had shown him before...and of Zen and Mado who were looking out for them now. And on nights like tonight, he even let his mind drift nostalgically to days gone by, to friends whom he still held close even if they weren't close together these days. This...was his time, this magic hour of dawning twilight beneath the chilly, lightly-snowing sky. And in this city, so full of life, he felt very much at home...or as home as he could feel outside of the confines of his room or the Inn that awaited beyond the theater and up the Love Hotel Hill behind.

His lips twitched into a small smile as he watched another couple slowly walk past and take a glance at the open art-supply box at his feet, filled with little trinkets of varying, unusual designs and astrology motifs throughout, and when they kept walking he didn't mind that they hadn't stopped to buy anything from his makeshift stall, set up between the Big Bang Burger and the department store in the alley there against the wall he had once tagged with his graffiti...because he was at peace there, content. And he knew that even if he was used to it, some people simply weren't built for the cold.

"I wonder if I should call it a night," the teen mused to himself quietly, feeling like the last couple of hours had been more than enough sales for now...and that something fun elsewhere in the city might await him instead. Making the charms and trinkets was something he enjoyed a hobby and an expression of his artistic craft, and selling them was a useful part-time means of earning a bit of money for food, supplies, or the team. But he had done enough for tonight, he thought...and his stomach, neglected all day by the distraction of his art, groaned painfully in agreement. "Perhaps some ikayaki...?"

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

Hibarii chan
Crew

Timid Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 am
Tamao Uehara

User Image

"Give me more strength! Fiercer! Yes, like that! Now...bend lower so your assets stand out--Ah! Perfect. Now how about--"

She was tired. Exhausted. It would be stupid to pretend that she wasn't mentally, emotionally and physically worn out. Today was the tenth straight day of shooting for the promo ads for the Christmas special, not counting the runway rehearsals for the New Years fashion show. For the last few weeks, her days had been packed from start to finish: school, to work at the studio and the runway and back home near midnight with her mother planning nonstop for the upcoming day. Her schedule was such a tangled mess it was becoming difficult to differentiate one day from the other, and Tamao felt the fatigue lay heavier and heavier upon her shoulders. All her life was exhaustively on-rails...and she felt so close, so painfully close to breaking. And yet she hadn't, knew that she couldn't. Not yet. In this sleepless city of Shibuya, with all the world rushing around her, she hardly had the luxury of rest. And with her mother...the best she could hope for was a brief respite.

"---And we are done. We got some good shoots today."

The lights were too bright, it was hard to see the cameraman behind them...she could only hear her mother's voice now raising above his, giving out pointers on how 'Reila' could do better the next day. "--you know, only now I noticed your lips aren't that full. And wouldn't it be nice to have a...fuller figure? Perhaps we could think of something for that..."

Tamao let out an exhausted sigh and said nothing, stepping down from the spotlights, and moving backstage to pick up her stuff. Her mother was never satisfied. Every day she found something to change...something to perfect. When she said her legs were too thin, she trained nonstop to make them firmer. When she said her hips were a little too wide just before a photo shoot, she fasted and took the pills given to her so she could fit in that dress a size too small. It was always something...but this time, the teen could feel the knot forming at the mouth of her stomach, a bubbling rage that she contained in a little bottle inside of her. The cinders quiet down once again, and she could only lower her eyes, once again feeling the crushing exhaustion on her shoulders.

"Are you listening, Tamao?"

"I'm...I need some air. I am walking home..." the teen model muttered weakly, picking up her coat and pushing the heavy door out into the busy and noisy city of Shibuya. The cold air was like a slap to the face as she pushed herself out of the studio, but really, the girl appreciated the sudden call back to reality. It kept her alert, at least. The heat inside the room, plus the strong spotlights on her had made her feel alarmingly warm, and she had started to feel her head spinning...or was that just her being dramatic, like her mother said? The cold nipped at her, making her to pull the coat closer to her body, but still she took a deep breath...and exhaled, letting the tension wash off of her. Shibuya was bright at night...with the huge screens, and neon lights, and was busting with life, people hoping to relax after a long day at work, people chatting and laughing and rushing. Always rushing.

Tamao walked slowly, wanting to blend into the crowd, and just fade away, never to be seen again. Though, maybe she wanted 'Reila' to disappear...not Tamao. Just...she just wanted to let her die. She wished she could just go away...leave her alone.

She hugged herself tighter, self conscious. She had just rushed out of the studio, not caring she was still wearing the long snowy wig, and the shiny, tight dress, or the tall heels that clicked with each of her steps. People turned to look at her, men scanning her up and down, before turning to her face with a wolfish look. Some remained quiet, but others would call out, making her to lower her gaze, to walk quicker.

From the corner of her eye, she saw one of them approaching, predatory, and Tamao felt her heart sinking. She didn't want to confront them. Today she wasn't on her best form, or quickest wit...and a confrontation right now would only complicate things further. It came as a great relief when she turned her chocolate gaze to the small makeshift stall just between the fast food establishment and the department store, and her eyes found the artist there.

"Oh! Look at these! They are just gorgeous!" her voice was a pitch higher, and her movements exaggerated as she crouched down to busy herself with the trinkets. She noticed the man backing away from the corner of her eye, not wanting to cause a scene now that someone else was involved, and inwardly, Tamao sighed. Tired eyes fluttered to look at Saji and she smiled apologetically.

"Hey, Usa chii...It's good to see you..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 pm
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"
"...I will take everything! My friends, my family, my future...we'll take all of them together!..."

In a district as large as Shibuya, it was easy to miss the people that you wanted to see for days on end, even when you happened to be passing by one another on the street. Meetings by chance were uncommon, and as a result, unless somebody specifically sought him out there, the opportunity to meet with somebody that you wanted by accident was...fairly rare, and yet more than welcome. Therefore there was a measure of surprise on the pale, gentle face of the artist when out of the mass of bodies walking to and fro down Central Street a head of unnaturally white hair (unnatural...he was one to speak about white hair's nature) weaved into his field of vision, catching his eye. He remembered the face of a girl from Miss Mariko's fashion magazines back at No Love; he remembered the girl that face belonged to much more clearly than the obviously fake mane. And surely enough, when she stepped out of the queue of the sidewalk and he saw her face, his soft blue eyes lit up in gentle recognition and a measure of innocent affection, lips curling into a smile as he bent down behind his case with her.

"Likewise, Tama-chan," he made some small effort to play it cool, but hiding his honest pleasure at seeing his friend again was something he couldn't really manage with any success. But obliviousness was a trait that came and went with him, and today he was observant enough to notice her little act, the tired look in her eyes, and the leering gaze of a few men on the street that had followed her as she approached his little case full of goodies and put the pieces together quickly enough that a plan began to form in his head. Whether or not it was a good one, well, those were the questions for the scholars. "You look tired..." he noted quietly, almost too much for her to hear before perking up suddenly and standing to his full height...so full of himself suddenly that she could almost feel the 'obnoxious art student'-meets-'annoying street vendor' vibe that radiated from him. Sparing one last quick glance at the girl, he offered a conspiratorial wink before throwing his arms out widely, dramatically, with a flourish that might make her wonder if 'acting' was one of the many artistic talents and endeavors that he had taken up since joining Kosei Academy as well.

"THAT one?! Oh, no, no, no...you see, that isn't even close to my finest work! THESE are much more fitting of a woman of such style and taste as you..." the artist announced with a proud, dramatic flurry of an artist lost within a passion for his own work, earning several disapproving and uneasy looks from the gawkers and passers by who had been watching her, most of them frowning and moving on from the uncomfortable show or giving the stall a wide berth, not wanting to get drawn into the strange artist's pace, either. Only Tamao would, with her experience with him, see the sweatdrop of uneasiness rolling down the side of his forehead or note the growing pink blush on his neck and cheeks as he waved his arms...such grand displays and drawing of many eyes something he neither did often nor was especially comfortable doing. But he was helping his friend...so he pushed through the unease and did what he could to help her. "Perhaps a beautiful woman such as yourself would prefer to look at my exclusive menu? Preferred customers only..." he offered in something that was...both lie and not entirely a lie. He didn't have an exclusive menu or anything, and he certainly didn't have 'preferred customers'. But there were a few charms that he had done recently for bracelets of which he particularly loved the design. Unbuckling the inside of his art case, he lifted away the stuff he had on display currently and revealed a few of the cuter (and stranger) things that he had made recently. And this time, the little bit of pride that seeped into his gaze was a bit more real than before. Thankfully, the crowd seemed to be dispersing and his somewhat pandering performance had driven away any onlookers so that this bit was between just the two of them.

"See anything you like?" he asked, his cheeks fully pink from embarrassment now, but he was recovering back to his usual self slowly...the question as much an ice breaker for them as it was a little capstone to his performance, "I'd been hoping I might see you again after the Kosei Culture Festival. Today must be my lucky day."

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

Sreze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm
Katsuyori Sanada

User Image

Tired. Angry. Disappointed.

Those were the feelings swirling around Kat's heart and mind as he threw himself down into a booth seat at the beef bowl restaurant 'My Beko'. It had been a while since he had treated himself to a properly warm dinner, ever since his brother had left it'd been nothing but convenience store bentos.

Waving a hand, Kat tiredly called out for a medium bowl, hungry as he was he wasn't going to go overboard, he had savings, but that wouldn't last forever.

Absentmindedly flicking through his phone, the teen waited for dinner by looking for any employment options that he could apply for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 pm
Tamao Uehara

User Image

Tamao was so thankful she had found him when she did. She was thankful Usaji Azai, out of all people, would be right there at that specific time and place, to aid her. She was thankful...and she had to admit, that his easy smile and bright personality was contagious, and she found herself smiling, if a bit weakly, at the use of the old nickname of hers. It took her back to a time when everything was simpler, when they were kids just being kids...when she had had a real friend before everything took a darker turn. There was a bit of giddy feeling and tenderness at the memories, but she knew she needed to act quick if her little theatrics would work in that moment. The teen had opened her mouth to explain her sudden and loud announcement, but once again she was surprised to see that the quick wit and silent understanding between the two was something that remained, even after all those years, and that her explanation wasn't necessary.

Saji muttered something she hadn't quite catch, the look in his eye making her knit her eyebrows together...before he jumped back into his feet and boomed with such dramatic voice that the teen almost tumbled back in surprise. It was a good thing her back was to the men who had been preying on her, otherwise they would have seen the wide eyes and stunned expression in her face...and they would have seen how it slowly melted away to give way to the amused smile, and soundless 'thank you' that slipped her lips as her gaze locked with sky blue ones. Saji's plan worked though, and soon, the regular crowdy street had been considerably emptied around the little makeshift stall...the men that had been staring at her along with it.

Tamao permit herself to relax after that, shifting on her place as he returned his attention to her, the pink cheeks and little sweat drops on his brow impossible to go unnoticed. Her smile was a little brighter, a little more energetic then...almost as if the exhaustion could be sucked away from her, if only for a minute. And almost as if noticing the effect his words had on her, she felt her own face warming slightly...or was that just the tiredness talking?
Her chocolate eyes shifted from his and back to the pretty trinkets he was selling before he could see the faint color on her cheeks, long fingers brushing over the delicate craftsmanship.

"These are wonderful, Saji..."
It was nice to see he hadn't change, that he still worked on what he loved, despite what others thought of him. It...was nice. And she was jealous of that.

"Thank you again...for helping me. I guess, it is my lucky day as well, huh? Having found you here...and that you reacted so quickly. I hope theater isn't the field you wanna pursue there in Kosei, hm? Better keep to your art." she giggled, teasing the boy slightly, in an attempt to distract him away from her own fidgeting. Her fingers brushed through her hair, in an attempt to brush a lock behind her ear...surprised to find not her soft brown threads, but snowy ones instead. The girl scrunched her nose at it, having forgotten the wig...as her hands worked their way through the dozens of bobby pins to bring it off. When it finally did, the girl sighed, her scalp thanking the freedom as her own chocolate hair cupped her face in disheveled curls.

"I hope you don't mind...it was killing me..."

Hibarii chan
Crew

Timid Sweetheart

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:18 pm
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"

Though he continued his act until enough of the passers by had dispersed that the two of them could feel safe that they were talking in private and that Tamao wouldn't be followed when she left, he listened as she continued to look over the 'Preferred Customer' wares (the only one who 'Preferred' them being Saji himself, of course) and felt a small swell of happiness when she complimented them. She had been one of the very first people who had seen his art when they were children, knew the things that he wanted to do, and who hadn't chided him for the somewhat unique design choices that he liked to make with certain works of art that he undertook. Many people had called his style strange, taking some measure of confusion with the ugly-cute designs, with his favored motif of stars and constellations, and the like. But what little she had seen back when he started she hadn't minded, and he never forgot those feelings from back then. Having that joy revisited now helped his already-pink cheeks deepen to a slightly brighter hue. Kneeling back down behind the art case full of baubles, he listened to her thanks and smiled it off with a relative ease.

"I'm glad you like them," the artist's voice was soft and genuine, though his eyes reflected a hint of coy amusement that masked his fading shy nerves over the acting bit, "I'll admit I much prefer working with my hands to this sort of acting. Though...I wasn't so bad, was I? Are you sure I shouldn't take up theater?" He paused for a moment and watched her with eyes tinged with mischief...and though he tried to be cool about it, the pink on his cheeks at the idea of acting more probably gave away how uncomfortable he was just thinking about it. There was something different about the way he acted different from himself inside the Metaverse and putting on a plain show to the people of Shibuya that he saw everyday right out in the streets. Still, he had recollected himself just enough to joke about it, which was a good sign...probably. He couldn't help smiling again as she mentioned it being her lucky day, though. A tiny ball of happiness settling into his chest that they felt the same way...and then another when she finally pulled away the somewhat distracting wig he'd just noticed she was still wearing, revealing her true hairstyle for the first time since she had arrived. She let her hair fall to frame her face, a sigh escaping her that practically screamed 'sweet release', and he was grateful for her own sake that she had. She didn't even need to ask if he minded.

"I prefer the real Tama-chan over Reila any day," the white-haired teen smiled honestly. He recognized her hard work and respected it, but he knew her unhappy face when he saw it...and after all these years, he smile never really reached her eyes anymore when he saw her in those magazines and ad campaigns, "Is there anything in particular you like? I sold a few more than normal tonight, so I don't mind giving you the 'Preferred Customer' Discount..." Saji quipped gently, encouraged by her small giggles and the more-than-welcome sight of her slight smiles and wanting to see more. "Even if you are my only preferred customer...exclusive club membership. Tonight only."

Somehow he felt that any way he could brighten the girl's night was something that he wanted...no, needed to do right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 am
Tamao Uehara

User Image

Gaze fell over the great variety of merchandise on the little stall hidden in the alley between the Big Bang Burger and the beef bowl shop, letting a little smile curl at the corner of her lips. His art had never been very popular with the masses, his style being a bit peculiar. The jewelry found there wasn't the type you'd find at a shop, but...Tamao preferred it. She enjoyed seeing the strange creatures with star and constellation motifs in little charms on the bracelets and necklaces. One piqued her attention, the little googly eyed dog with a very noticeable underbite making her chuckle, her thumb brushing over the relief in the charm. "It's been a while since I saw one of these... It's incredible you still keep the design after all those years!" It was familiar...and she could remember the drawing of a very similar pup doodled in sketchbooks and little napkins from when they were kids. She had always been fond of the cute-ugly dog...and now... now it was here again. She picked it up for a moment, before setting it down again, turning her chocolate irises back to Saji.

"Oh, no. You did great. You did look like you were going to pass out at any moment without warning though." her gaze reflected the same mirth and she chuckled. "And since we don't want to see that...I suggest you keep to your art and merchandise. I like it better, too." she added in the end, a more genuine smile gracing her lips. She felt light, and she was thankful that for a moment...for a little moment, she could let go of her routine...she could relax her shoulders and forget her day. She hadn't seen him much since that time at the festival, but...the teen had to admit that the artist had crossed her mind a few times since. She wished they could go back to how they used to be back when they were kids...get back that friendship. A part of her wished...

When he mentioned he preferred her real her over her model persona, Tamao smiled weakly, sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck. 'If only mom thought the same...' The bitter thought took her off guard, and she shook her head to push the thoughts away. She had changed so much...and a part of her was glad he was still the same sunny, inventive kid he had been back then.

"Preferred customer, huh? I am honored, you'll make me blush." she chuckled, turning her gaze back to the merchandise in an attempt to distract her mind...her hand immediately taking the same pup charm from before. There was no question about it. This one was her favorite. "This one, then...It brings back memories."

She straightened herself up, and colorful and bright blotches clouded her mind, making her sway for a second. Her hand rested on the table in an attempt to keep her balance, her eyes shutting close. Knots tightened painfully in her stomach, and she felt her legs weak. It was gone as quickly as it arrived, and she let out a weak chuckle. She couldn't let him worry. "Woah...I stood up too quickly. A-anyway...how much is it? Preferred costumer or not...I should pay for your hard work."

Hibarii chan
Crew

Timid Sweetheart

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 am
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"

It was almost instantly apparent the difference between the girl in front of him right now and the waif-like, almost ethereal 'Reila' that existed in the photographs, advertisements, and magazines that his childhood friend often frequented in her current career. What little smiles she had in those, the air about her, everything about it screamed manufactured to the young artist, and while others might not have known her well enough to tell that what they were looking at was something apart from her true face, if they could see her the way that he did right now...they would be surprised that they had ever been beguiled in the first place. The weight seemed to lift from her shoulders just a bit as she looked over his case full of charms, and her genuine smiles warmed his chest in a way that reminded him of days gone by when the two of them would sketch together in notebooks like he might want, or when they would convince her parents and his adoptive parents to take them to films together. It was in one of those films, a cheesy, low-budget B-movie horror called 'Monster Chihuahuas From Space!' that he had seen the little ugly-cute pup that would become his muse for the particular charm that she seemed enamored with. Ever since then, he had loved making things of a similar style to that little guy, the strange becoming fascinating...his eyes searching to find something cute and endearing even in the most unusual and ugly of sources. He called the little guy the 'Beast', something that might provoke an untoward response at first but who could win you over with the charm of his heart and his endearing character traits, forcing you to see the cute, decent person within. And 'Beast' was something of his own artistic mascot, not the least of reasons being that Tama-chan had always loved him best of all his creations back then. That she noticed him again in this mass of works, and that it made her smile, brought him a sense of satisfaction that he couldn't help but smile about as well.

"Of course. 'Beast' is my muse, remember?" he joked, calling back to many of their talks when they were little, wondering if she remembered as much of those days as he did...and judging by her response to it, she must have, "If you prefer that one, you can have it for 1,000 yen, let's say. The man who uses this space on nights when I'm not around sells things for as much as 25,000 yen...but his stuff is a bit more popular than my more unique works. My constellations sell well, though." He talked a little about the things that he sold, but more interesting than business were the memories that the charm inspired within her. He was curious, wanted to know what she remembered of their time as kids, and if she ever wanted, like he wanted, to go back to those days...maybe not when they were younger, but when they spent so much time together as young people who leaned on and cared about one another. Ever since those days, he had never stopped considering her one of his most precious people...never stopped thinking about her, especially in those days when he had been so lonely and abandoned...before Mariko had saved him and the others had met him. She seemed happy that he hadn't changed, but the fact that he could smile as he once had, that he could speak to her so easily and open his heart again was because of others. Because the woman who was like an older sister or a parent to him now had opened her Inn and her heart to him, and because Shiori, Chell, Mado, and Kaede had been there for him after that day when Ogasawara grabbed him and made him wonder if he would ever feel good...feel normal...feel together and whole, again.

They made him feel that he didn't need to be normal, reminded him that it was okay to walk to the beat of his own drum, and that any society that told him otherwise wasn't worth listening to. It wasn't society that was going to change him in the end, it would be he who changed society...that was what he decided after he met them. And it was that resolute desire which allowed him to remain Usaji Azai, both on the outside and within. Somewhere deep inside of him, he thought, he sensed it as well...that maybe, just maybe, Tama-chan was looking for someone to help her do the same. If he could do that for her...

...His smile, his thoughts were cut short when she seemed to wobble and lean against his art case, his own hand reaching over it in a flash to settle upon her shoulder and steady her...he could almost feel the tremor in her skin as her legs weakened, and when she forced a weak chuckle to ease his mind he didn't let it go so easily. Something felt...and looked...wrong. Was there anything he could do to help her?

"Take your time," he suggested somewhat carefully, not quite letting her shoulder go just yet. She might try to appease him by playing it off, but he could see through that one fairly easily. "If you're feeling a little lightheaded, I could come with you to a doctor? ...Oh!" He suddenly had a thought that made a bit more sense in his head than maybe it did if he had said it out loud. The way she looked thin, the weakness standing up, and the grumbling in his own stomach...

"Maybe you should get something to eat? I was about to close up and leave when you got here," he suggested, a bit of energy and color returning to his cheeks as he realized what he was asking, "I was actually about to get some ikayaki from the Beef Bowl place a door down...wanna come with?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 am
Tamao Uehara

User Image

"I am... just a little tired, is all." she forced a smile, patting his hand on her shoulder, letting him know that she could stand, and that he didn't need to worry too much about her. Though, when he mentioned a doctor, she felt herself becoming a little more pale, and she shifted uncomfortably, visible bothered. "No...no need to see the doctor. It really is nothing..." At least that is what he'd say. It is what he said every time she were to visit with her mother. Exhaustion was catching up to her, and it had been getting worse these last few weeks. Fainting spells were starting to become common during work, and her mother would only push her up, mention how unprofessional it was to stop mid-session. And when she did visit the doctor... it was only diet pills and weird solutions that only made her feel sicker. So...it would be useless to go to the hospital.

"Something to...eat?" the teen blinked at the sudden proposition, and her eyes lowered only for a moment. She shouldn't. She really shouldn't get something to eat at a restaurant. Just thinking what her mother would do if she found out her calorie intake had been way larger than what it should be (according to her mother, anyway)...it was a frightening thought. But...she didn't want to worry Saji right now. She didn't want to push him away, as they had been pulled away from each other all those years ago. She didn't want to break the mending friendship...and if she was being honest...she really wanted to spend a little more time with him.

"I... well...alright." How bad could it be?

She took her wallet from her bag and gave him the thousand yen in exchange of her new little charm. She kept it between her hands, and once again she turned to look at it. "I was remembering this movie the other day..." she started, her smile growing a little more. "Remember we had to pretend we were older so we could go watch it? We ended up sneaking through the backdoor...I had been so nervous, I dropped the popcorn, didn't I?" As she reminisced, she tied the 'Beast' charm on her phone, showing it to him with a little wave. "--Looks perfect-- But anyway... Monster Chihuahuas from Space was the only thing I could talk for days after watching it. And then your doodles would only be about it..." she chuckled. "We were weird kids, weren't we?"

She waited for him to close shop, remembering old times, and she laughed and she felt her heart rising...it was almost enough to make her forget her tiredness...the awful growl her stomach made right then though...it was worthy of one of those monster dogs from space with laser eyes. She blushed a deep red...followed by a chuckle that grew into full out laughter. Just free, chiming laughter. "Wow. I am so sorry about that." she giggled. "Let's go, before I actually pass out here."

Hibarii chan
Crew

Timid Sweetheart

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"

There was definitely something to be noticed about the way that the teen model reacted to the suggestion of a doctor, but just thinking about it on the spot wasn't enough to come to any sort of conclusion on the matter. Did she really just not like hospitals, or did she have a bad experience with a particular doctor? Or maybe she just didn't want to worry him and give him some kind of impression that she was weak...though remembering her personality when they were younger, the way that she lead as much as she followed and how well they filled in the gaps in each others' unique personalities back then, he knew that she was anything but weak. What would have made her so timid about that, though? He considered it, but just as quickly he was back on food...a brilliantly beaming smile creasing his lips as she agreed to come with him to get some food, assuaging his own desire to spend more time together before they had to go their separate ways. Again, he reminded himself how grateful he was that they had met again at the Festival last month...that they had been able to speak, reconnect for more than just a few passing moments on the street...and that he was able to do something to help her tonight and bring a smile back to her soft lips. Or, well, lips that looked soft, and he really shouldn't be thinking about how soft they were right now, but...thankfully she gave him plenty of outs to think about something else.

"Perfect," he smiled gently at her assent, lowering the lid of the large art case that acted as his stand and snapping the latches shut; the upside to having a stand out of his art case and not a shop building was that he could pretty much pick up and move any time he wanted without any wasted time. Clicking the lock closed, he hooked his long fingers around the handle and lifted it over his shoulder with a bit of a strain, reminding himself and her likely that he was still coming along in his physical development (though she likely didn't know that he had begun working out since joining Illa Phasmas, of course). He smiled at her again, that easy and charming smile, and nodded for her to join him as he got ready to leave the alleyway. Before he did, however, she brought up a memory that took him straight back to his childhood when he was no more than eight, nine years old? Energy and happiness flowed through him at the memory of the theater that day, and how the ridiculous schlock film had affected the two underage viewers who had sneaked in to see it. She had dropped her popcorn and he had spent the whole film with the lower half of his face covered by his scarf, as if that would somehow hide that he was still a kid...but fortunately, nobody else noticed it. And while the rest of the theater had left a bit disappointed and confused, the two of them had been bouncing! It was an amazing film! So creative and silly and fun! "How could I forget? My..." he only hesitated a moment, a good memory stricken by the taint of bad memories from more recent times but not hard enough to ruin it for him as he smiled again, "...adoptive father, I begged him for a week to buy me the DVD afterward. It's still one of the only three films I own, you know." He smirked playfully, letting the potential promise of watching the film together again go unsaid for now, but idly he hoped that it would cross her mind and that she might mention it herself later...or else he probably would some time, himself. And when she called them weird kids, he feigned insult and clutched a hand over his heart, this time indulging his 'acting talent' just between the two of them and having much more fun than the ridiculous show from earlier.

"Weird kids? I can't believe you would call me that," he gasped exaggeratedly, before letting his lips curl into a mischievous smirk, "I was perfectly normal, I'll have you know. I can't speak for you, of course, but...I liked hanging out with you regardless." He winked playfully, and started around the corner of the department store towards the Beef Bowl Shop a door down, pausing a moment as her stomach rumbled...before bursting into a gentle laughter alongside her, though he soaked in the sound much more than he laughed himself, just remembering how much he loved it in the days when they were kids.

"Of course, let's..." he nodded with an honest smile curling the corner of his lips, feeling so warm and happy to be walking together with someone he cared about rather than alone for once tonight, "The Beef Bowl Shop's workers are pretty nice, actually. The last time I was there, a young man with dark hair and glasses..." He continued on, explaining how he had ordered the same ikayaki for several visits over the last year...each time being told they didn't have it on the menu...only for the last time to see that young man make him some squid regardless, putting it on the 'secret menu' for the artist since he was such a frequent customer. He didn't seem to notice that he had practically worn down/annoyed the shop into carrying his favorite food with his frequent visits, and merely took it as a generous kindness from the wonderful people at the shop. It was innocent, and perhaps even a little funny for the girl to listen to. And it filled the time they walked from the alley to the store's front door with ease.

"Oh! I wonder I could talk them into making some fries for you..." Saji mused as his hand rested on the door handle, "That's still your favorite, isn't it?" Somehow, with all that had happened between then and now, he still remembered.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:02 am
Tamao Uehara

User Image

Tamao looked at the white haired artist as he methodically gathered all his trinkets and jewelry, and closed the lid of the rather big case that had served as a table and stand. She observed him as he worked silently, and her mind couldn't help wandering... She kept saying she was glad he hadn't changed, but... he wasn't that small kid with big eyes and messy hair anymore, was he? Looking at him, she knew that was true. Back then, they had been more or less the same height...and they had been scrawny kids. Now, he was taller than her, even if she was tall for her age, and his complexion was different. While he kept his lean figure, he looked firm, strong...And his baby face had morphed into handsome features. Yeah... he was different, but... still the same. It was difficult to explain. But it was familiar. And she was glad he was there.

Her gaze shifted to the side when she caught herself staring, brushing it off smoothly, only turning her eyes to his when he responded to her words, a small smile growing on her lips. He remembered that little adventure at the movie theater, and the teen couldn't help chuckling. Back then, it felt as if they were going through the biggest heist in history, and they had prepared for days. He had gotten a disguise, and she had taken a huge hat to cover her identity, that if anything, made them even more noticeable. She had felt amazing back then...having been able 'to trick the adults'...even if now she knew they probably weren't all that bothered by having two young kids sneak into the movie theater. If anything, it had been more amusing than harmful. Still...it had made her more daring, back then.

Now she wondered...where had all that went?

Tamao noticed how her friend faltered at the mention of his adoptive father, and she nodded in understanding. She knew it was still a difficult subject...and she didn't want to question him or dwell into it if it was still a sensitive part of his life. Instead, the girl focused on the words that came after, brightening up as he mentioned having the DVD. "You still have it? Oh! I was never able to convince my mother to get it for me..." her voice lowered ever so slightly, before turning back to him, an idea in her mind. "Perhaps...we could watch it some time? For old time's sake?"

When he reacted to her words, Tamao giggled, raising her hands in front of her, almost as a surrendering gesture. "I am truly sorry, oh-so-normal-person. I am unworthy of your attention, me, a weird kid." she answered, just as dramatically...before letting out a snort, her laughter carrying up to the beef bowl shop.

They walked, chatting and giggling...and she listened his adventures at the small shop, shaking her head in amused disbelief. "I can't believe you did that, Saji! And more importantly! I can't believe ikayaki is the only thing you eat, still." She was amazed by the attentiveness of the people there though...and that they went out of their way to get something for one sole costumer. Was he a regular here, that they already knew to expect his strange demands?

"Fries? Saji, I don't think.--" she paused, letting out a little laugh, and a little shrug. "I haven't eaten fries in so long. Don't worry, though! They do enough looking for your squid already. I'll just order a miso soup." It wasn't heavy...and it would keep her going for the night.

Hibarii chan
Crew

Timid Sweetheart

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 am
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"

It was a blast to remember those days when they were kids, sneaking into theaters and playing together, doing the sorts of things that mischievous kids did. He had never forgotten the impact that the little 'Beast' in that movie had made on the both of them, and it made him happy that she had remembered, choosing that charm in particular to fasten to her phone strap before they left. It was a bonus to share a few more memories about it on the way to the Shop, an easy, warm and gentle chuckle escaping his lips as she reminisced, the look on her face telling him she was probably remembering the time that they had done so together in even greater detail. She always had a good memory for the little details like that when something interested her; it always pleasantly surprised him when she would pick out little details in his art as well that most people overlooked. Her aesthetics were something he had always loved about her, both in the way that she presented herself and the way she interacted with the world around her. Though when she put on that wig and posed in those magazines and ads these days...something of that original charm was always missing. It was what made him worry about her, think about her, even when she wasn't around...well, that among other things. Idly, even as she was suggesting a future movie day, he thought to himself that he really wanted to spend more time together with her...

"Can we? I have a 'Monster Chihuahuas' night at least once a month, and you are always welcome to join me..." the artist exaggerated with a twinkle of mirth in his eye, maybe not watching the movie that often...though the idea would hopefully bring a smile to her face at the sheer silliness of it. Truthfully, the last time he had seen it was about a month ago, when he got a used DVD Player from the rental shop on Central Street on clearance and hooked it up in the lobby of the No Love so that Miss Mariko could see it with him. To say that she had been...confused by the movie would have been generous. But at least she had seen how much love he had for the old, B-movie nonsense and didn't rag on him too much for his taste in movies. Nothing beat watching a movie with somebody who appreciated it as much as you did, though. And this movie was theirs. A guilty pleasure, perhaps, but wholly a pleasure. He was already excited at the prospect...and his soft smile grew wider as she teased him about his feigned offense at having been called 'weird'. For some reason she always called him that when they were growing up, but in his eyes, he was completely normal. Totally. It was people who didn't understand him that were the weird ones. ...Which was exactly what a weird person would say, Tamao used to tell him. "I am normal," he reiterated his protest, playfully huffing and turning his nose up at the uncouth suggestion that he wasn't...before letting his playful indignant expression grow a little more (not)desperate, "and ikayaki isn't the only thing I eat." ...Lies. But fun lies. Besides, when you could eat something so delicious as a tasty ikayaki cooked in a light teriyaki, what else did you need?

Fries, he supposed. He heard her protest, but he could also sense a little of her reluctance at that. The memory of her flushing back at his stall fresh in his mind as they slid the door to the restaurant open and made their way to the chairs at the counter, he raised a hand to hail the young man behind the counter...not the dark-haired one who had finally caved to him but another that recognized and had served him before after the 'secret menu' had changed. As the part-time worker came over to greet them, he made a decision that might get her to protest a little...but he would take the heat for going rogue if it got her to eat something a little more substantial than a miso soup. Besides, if she hadn't eaten her favorite in so long...well, he couldn't imagine it, himself! He was certain if he'd gone that long without squid someone would have found him shriveled up in that alley they just came from weeks ago, dying of starvation. And they couldn't have that now, could they? Not for him, and definitely not for her.

"Here we are," he smiled honestly as they sat down, something small and warm settling inside of him as he realized for the first time in a while he was eating here at his favorite place...and he wasn't alone, "Ikayaki, please. And some fries?" He spared a little sly glance at her at that, awaiting her glare with a sheepish smile as if to say, 'Well, can't take it back now...' Meanwhile the young man behind the counter looked at him with a quizzical look, but then sighed, remembering that this was a...unique customer. Writing something on an order slip quickly, the overworked teen nodded in assent.

"I'm sure we've got some potatoes in back," he offered, unable to resist a tiny smile on his own lips as Saji beamed back at him...both thankful that this was a fairly slow day in the shop, an older man with a politician's sash and a couple in a booth the only other patrons at the moment, "It'll be a few minutes, but it's coming right up."

In spite of himself, the ash-haired artist beamed brightly in satisfaction.

"See? This is why I like this place."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:08 am
Katsuyori Sanada

User Image

Sighing and grumbling to himself, Kat had no choice but to give up his current search for employment, there were just no positions available that he could find that would pay enough, at what they were offering he'd have to pick up two or three jobs, and that was impossible, it would cut too badly into his time for school work.

Looking up as a colourful pair entered the store, his face scrunched into a quizzical look. Did that young man really just order squid and fries? At a beef bowl joint?

"Hey now," Kat called, "Don't go ordering something weird like that, it'll make everyone else's food take longer!"

There was no anger in his voice, just exasperation. On second glance, the white-haired boy looked vaguely familiar, more than just a passerby on the street. Kat's eyes narrowed slightly as he stared, trying to place where he knew the boy from.

Sreze
Crew

Arena Emperor
Captain

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am
User Image
Usaji Azai, aka "Soma"

As empty as the place was, it would have been easy to hear and take some measure of offense to a stranger calling you out in the middle of a restaurant the way that Kat had, but to the credit of the restaurant and the young man behind the counter, the situation was defused almost instantly when he raised a spatula-gripping hand and offered an exasperated smile. "If it was a problem, I wouldn't make it," he assured the young man, "Your food will be ready soon." ...Somebody was going to have to give that kid a bonus, they both likely realized at the same time. Perhaps he had been inspired by the dark-haired kid that had worked there as well? Either way, he was gone from the counter back to the kitchen swiftly thereafter, leaving the patrons for a few minutes to relax and chat before their dinner was served.

For his own part, as well, the incident didn't seem to have bothered the white-haired teen...in fact, Saji smiled brilliantly at the young worker and thanked him as he left, thinking to himself that the thousand yen bill that Tamao had paid him before would make for a perfect tip. Then once more it was the two of them and the other patrons, alone. The relaxing, quiet din of the restaurant a welcome break from the bustle of the street beyond the doors. Again his eyes scanned the room, taking in the politician, the couple, and then the young man he had missed the first time, the one who had called out to them. And as he nodded with a small smile, politely in the man's direction, it likely became apparent from his complete lack of having taken any offense to the previous comment that he hadn't...really...heard it? Or at least, he'd heard the man call, but wrapped up in his own little bubble, he hadn't made out the complaint in the process. Nobody had ever accused him of having thin skin...or a thin skull, either.

"This shop's workers try hard," the aspiring 'Phantom Thief' nodded slightly, eyes returning to his companion with an honest appreciation reflected in them, "Today's isn't the one I told you about before, but he's still doing his best. It makes me glad I came in." Was the sentiment simple? Sure. Was it noble? Undoubtedly. And even if he did hassle the guy just a little more than usual, he already had plans to reward him for it. It was just one of many reasons this was his favorite restaurant on Central Street.

Tokyo [NEW P5 Forum!]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff