Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Another day, another viking. It had been a while since he had been out. He had spent time teaching his growing children about piracy and vikings. Trying to also instill in them a few rules. Not that it helped a lot, they were as rowdy as he was. His fellow companion and greatest friend Branderyn was perched upon his back. A comfort to him as he broke away from the raiding party, taking his two children who had wanted to come out raiding as well. Their first viking even. Aspiring little Reavers, or at least they would be after this.

"They be laggin' behind eh Bran?" The dark pirate drabbed viking asked.

"They're following." She replied, her red eyes following the two adolescents. As she was aging she was finding them more and more difficult. When they had been cubs it had been easy to keep a few of them in line, now however, well they were much much larger than she was. It was hard to try and keep them in line when they could potentially eat her. Not that they would of course but still, it was a reality of things. "Looks like they are squabbling though."

"Yew are da worst lil brother." Solfrid snarled at the other. The pair of adolescents had followed their father and Agnar and splashed Solfrid with some nearby water and then throwing dirt at her. "Look at me color, its not be as vibrant." Complaining now about how her looks. Of all the things that could be going wrong it was that she wasn't looking quite as pretty as she wanted right now. "I 'ate ye." Was the best retort she could give right now as she shook off.

"Sure ye 'ate me." Agnar chuckled. "Maybe yew should actually focus on someting other than yer looks." Getting closer to their father as he kicked up some dirt at his elder sister. "So, what we be doin' father?" Wondering why they had struck out from the raiding party. Obviously they were going to find something to bring back, but what Agnar wasn't sure.

"Well Agnar." Cythraul started, he had noticed something in the distance. "We be lookin' for anything ta brin' back to yer mother fer one. Fer a second, anything tha' could benefit da pride. What ye see o'er thar?" Was that thing dead? "Bran, ye wanna check tha' out fer me?"

"Why not." Taking off from the back of the pirate she flew towards the creature, being careful in case it tried to lash out or whatever it might end up doing.

Zingling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:15 am
DavyJnah

Grey eyes stared up at the sky blankly, a completely neutral expression on his face, he had been laying like that for a long time now- long enough that his muscle has started to atrophy and his face sink. Thankfully it was the rainy season- otherwise he’d be dead- then again, a listless life was practically death itself. Studying the clouds that moved quickly across the sky, a raven swooped close, studying him.

Did it think he was carrion? Glancing away from the creature, Dho instead looked at the beautiful fluffy cloud he had been captivated prior to its interruption. If he was to be eaten alive, so be it, so long as he had something beautiful to watch before making his exit from the earth.

Letting his mouth fall agape, the slate-maned lion let all the air flow out of his lung, paused as the burning feel of pain from lack of oxygen erupted through his body then slowly took a breath- closing those empty grey eyes.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 pm
Branderyn landed next to the lion who seemed to be just completely out of it. His dead stare was something she had seen before with a few drunken pirate lions from back in the day. Some of them had the same look when they had drunk themselves into the ground. "He's safe!" Called the little raven. "A bit worse for wear though." Getting ever closer but just out of reach.

Regardless of whether or not he seemed like he was a walking coma he could be playing like Cythraul used to.

"Do ya really think 'e be ok pa?" Solfrid asked, her nose pointed up haughtily. The strange lion was easy on the eyes at least. As she came up the female prodded him with a paw. Not hard but enough to push him over if he didn't stabilize himself. "I dun think 'e be ok. I think 'e is a pretty lookin' at least but 'e's probably not goin' ta do us any good."

The dark male came up next to his daughter and his companion to look at the poor male before them. "Be nice Solfrid." He gave a small growl to his daughter. He could be cruel but this lion was clearly not faking whatever was going on. His time with Aruná and Udongo had changed him. "'Ey, lad. Wha be yer name?" Nudging little Branderyn to hop up on his shoulder, "I be Cythraul. This lil one be Branderyn. That lil spitfire be me daughter, Solfrid. And da quiet one who not be speakin' be Agnar." He eyed his son.

Agnar who had stuck back a bit glared at his father now, "I just bein' careful. I dun trust 'im. Thas all pa." As he came forward to the other male. Also prodding him with a paw. "Pa, I dunnea think 'e'd be useful ta us even if we brought 'im back."

Zingling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm
DavyJnah

Dho ignored all the prodding and poking administered to him, along with the conversation on his usefulness. They’d leave eventually, after all everyone who had met and attempted to speak with him had, including the beautiful golden gent who had spoken so sweetly to him. Knitting his brows, Dho kept focus on the image of Midas in his head and willed the other lions to leave him be. Mercifully, the fates had decided to give the lion another chance at meeting the lion with the touch of gold.

Midas had been in the distance with two others, a lioness and cheetah, when the Viking group arrived and gathered around Dhoruba. Biding time, the lion had waited to see just what the group’s intentions were, but soon found himself annoyed by the youngsters prodding. Nodding his head at Yora and Hesper he pushed forth, calling out to them, “Is that any way to treat the injured?!”

Hesper laughed lightly and wandered past Midas towards the Vikings, smirking softly as she eyed them all. “I certainly don’t think so, Midas. Poor Dho seems to need some care…” Pushing past the Viking whelps, Hesper looked the lion over before shaking her head. The slate colored lion was worse off than she had expected.

Turning back towards the lion and the cheetah, Hesper called out, “Midas, he needs food, water and a safe place to stay.”

Yora’s ears perked up at the mention of food, but quickly drooped again when he realized he’d have to be the one to gather the food. If his metabolism wasn’t as fabulous as it was, he’d surely be as large as a hippo. Midas caught the cheetah’s excitement and rolled his eyes before moving towards the Viking group and Dhoruba.

“Dhoruba, I told you I would be back but couldn’t you take care of yourself at all?” Rolling his black eyes, the lion studied each Viking before finally honing in on Cythraul. “What are your intentions?”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm
It was Solfrid this time who spoke up before her father. "We be on avikin'." She eyed the starry female who made her hackles raise up for a split second. The way she moved, the way she talked, instilled rage within her. However she composed herself but gave her the best dissatisfied look one could give. "What ye care what we do ta 'im. Not like we gunna eat 'im."

A snarl at his daughter silenced her immediately and caused her to step back as Cythraul looked at the few others who gathered around the impaired male. "Ta be 'onest wif ye. I weren't be plannin' nuthin'. I just be comin' near 'im. Although, I dun see why 'e couldnae come wif us, back ta da Stormborn." He didn't want to tell them he'd take the male back as a thrall, he was sure they understood what he implied though. "I can provide a safe place fer 'im, if he were ta come back wif me."

Little Branderyn was the only one silent. Watching the other carefully. She could give cues to Cythraul for things with her feet if she felt like something was going to the wrong way. It was something they had developed as they had spent time together.

Although enthralled by the very pretty lioness who clearly irritated his elder sister, he still managed out, "What be yer intentions wif him?" Trying sound as tough as possible to gain at least a glimpse from her. She was so pretty. He could feel his father's glance upon him every so often,
it was unnerving. Though he felt like he sense an almost approval of the little bit of choice he had for the female.

Zingling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 pm
DavyJnah

Midas pushed past Cythraul suddenly and stopped between the two lionesses, his large muscular body creating a definite division of the two. The golden lion had noticed Hesper starting to wind up, readying herself to start an argument with the younger lioness and didn’t want to deal with a bigger headache than what the situation already was. Hearing a growl from the starry-pelted lioness, Midas shot her a glare that could make even the demons s**t themselves.

“Enough.” The word clung to the air firmly as the once beautiful lion twisted into something akin to the devil.

Backing up, Hesper looked down at the ground before finally turning away from the young lioness and instead focusing intently on Dhoruba- who now had his bright silver eyes wide open. “Oh, so you are awake, Dhoruba.” Hesper whispered softly, checking to see if the lion was actually with it or perhaps just laying half-conscious with his eyes open.

Silver eyes flicked dismissively towards Hesper’s voice before looking over at Midas, a small smirk forming on his maw. “Ahhh…” Taking a deep breath, Dho lazily rolled to one side and turned his eyes to full see the golden touched lion. “…Midas.” Black eyes gazed at the frail slate body of Dho before turning to look at Cythraul again, all the while completely composing himself. “I heard of the Stormborn, your lot tends to take on thralls… better known as slaves, is that your purpose with Dho?”

Yora was now part of the group, sitting tentatively in the outer circle- If he had to run or fight he’d have a better advantage where he was at. Orange eyes flicked over each of the lions before finally resting on Agnar who was clearly vying for Hesper’s attention.

Hesper too had noticed the young lion’s pining, but kept herself busy with Dhoruba- she could count every rib he owned and clearly see his spine. He had to eat, he couldn’t last out in the roguelands even with the help of herself, Midas and Yora.

Looking up and at Midas and then the young lion, Agnar, Hesper spoke, “Clearly we are attempting to help him- Not only is he severely malnourished he-“ Midas cut Hesper off, his body pushing past her gruffly towards Dhoruba whose eyes were starting to glaze over.

“Dhoruba, listen to me, focus on my voice…” Hesper shot Midas and Dho a worried look before moving away, sitting close to the catty teen (Solfrid) with brows furrowed in worry. “…What can we do? Is it too late?”

Dhoruba breathed in and out slowly, mouth again hanging agape but he was attempting to focus- his eyes vaguely watching Midas. “Hmmm…” A paw brushed his mane back, Midas’ paw in fact, as worry seemed to wash away the handsome features normally displayed on the golden-maned lions face.

“You, leader of the group.” Midas was addressing Cythraul as he stared at Dho, “You said you could keep him safe… Perhaps we can make a deal?”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:27 pm
At the mention of slaves it was all four of the creatures to laugh but Branderyn who spoke first, "Slaves?" The little raven made a clicking noise with her tongue, "This guy," pointing at Cythraul with a wing, "Does not own slaves. But he does take Thralls to protect them. He is a pirate after all." Even if he was with the Stormborn he still kept to a few pirate ways, even smuggling them in when he could and doing his best to protect them, "She be right. I dunnae own slaves. Title may Thrall but I see ye as an equal. I would rather not 'ave this lad be takin' by a crueler master. Wha sorta deal we be talkin'?" Asked the male.

He moved just enough to be able to take the entire party in plus his children. Agnar quietly vying for Hesper's attention while also looking at Yoru and giving him a look over. It was also clear that Solfrid was actually starting to notice Midas and maybe just how intriguing he was. Could she maybe get under that pelt and see what made him tick? "Me cubs can go wit 'im to find food. It be a bit o' a travel back ta the pride. I can bring ye all back as me Thralls. Or I be givin' ye da option o' a duel. I wouldnae try ta follow to close tho'."

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm
DavyJnah

Hesper’s ears were now pressed completely onto her skull with annoyance- Being laughed at was something she absolutely couldn’t deal with. Looking back and forth between her party and the pirates, she could feel her angry welling up inside her. Quaking with anger, the celestial lioness readied herself to shout, but quickly quelled the anger. Midas’ dark eyes were upon her, willing her to calm down.

“Protect them.” The dry tone in Midas’ voice gave the party a perfect indication that perhaps he’d need more details before completely buying into the story woven by the pirate crew. “Even as equals in your eyes, they’d definitely have trouble with the rest of that pride. What with the greedy few who enjoy taking thralls from others.”

Midas’ did know a lot about the pride, he had been on the fence about joining after all and kept both his eyes and ears open- Any detail he could get his paws on was quickly consumed.

Yora coughed lightly, attempting to bring the group back on track. If one were to look at the cornflower blue cheetah, they’d have noticed his constant shifting, as though he was uncomfortable staying still. “About the deal…” He softly chimed in, orange eyes giving the grand golden-maned lion and exasperated expression.

Midas sat silent for a moment, glanced down and Dho before breathing deeply out his nose. Yora was right, Dho needed more help than argument at this point.

“…My request.” Turning to face Dhoruba, Midas gestured at the lion. “Take him back with you, feed him and nurture him. He has a condition that I can’t quite describe. My party will follow and Yora will join with Dho. The cheetah, although rather greedy with food, is quite useful with many things, including healing.”

Yora had perked up at the mention of food, his face lighting up. However, upon realizing what was actually said his face darkened. “G-Greedy?!” Frowning almost comically, the cheetah snorted and shifted several more times with anxiety.

Rolling her eyes, Hesper wandered over to Dho and stroked his mane- “Soon these idiots will come to a decision.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 pm
Cythraul's silver eyes studied the golden maned lion, trying to figure him out and what his relationship to the strange not all there male was other than a sort of lookout. Were they family or just two passing strangers with one taking care of the other?

"I be keepin' em safe wif me." Cythraul explained. "Anyfin dat 'appen ta 'im I'll tear the pelt off the abuser. Even got me a lioness 'oo might be likin' ta 'elp get payback fer me." His thoughts wandered to red lioness with the skull and he almost let a chill run up his spine. "Me mate's sista be a thrall wif us. She been taken care of well."

He looked at Agnar and Solfrid, both of them still seeming like they were on the edge but calming now. Branderyn now more on Agnar and attempting to steer him away from the female that he was nearly drooling over. To be honest this whole ordeal was a bit much for Du Serpentis but the Reaver would comply. His word was his bond.

"Aye, I take em both wif me. Dho will be in good 'ands mate. A 'ealer will be nice ta 'ave around too." Looking over at the cheetah.

Agnar and Sol looked at their father then back at the cheetah who now they couldn't really hide their laughter. A quick glance from their father silenced them however. "Those two will be gettin' a 'unt in on our way back ta da pride. Our war band an' Captain be just o'er thar. I would be suggestin' iffin' ye be followin' us back... Didnae stick ta close ta us. Aye? Wouldnae want ye all ta be dragged away, some of da others don't tink da way I do. 'Ow me family be raised."

He stuck a paw out, hoping that this could be a deal brokered between them. Though he sensed that the male might have a little more to say on the matter. Even the cheetah seemed to have a something on the tip of his tongue. Though the female with the party seemed content to stare daggers at his daughter.

"Unless ye 'ave more ye want ta say?" The male questioned.

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:45 am
DavyJnah

Midas kept his gaze steady on Cythraul as the pirate king spoke, glancing on occasion back at Dho and Hesper. As pretty as the lioness was, Midas didn’t really trust her- In his eyes she was a good lay and useful currently, but definitely not someone he’d keep around often.

“It sounds like you have a good grasp of what is going on, Cythraul- My last request is that you allow me to take Dho back when I join if he wishes.” Midas wouldn’t force the grey lion to do anything he didn’t want to, but if Dho wanted a way out, Midas wanted to be damned sure he could give Dho the option.

“I am only a friend to Dhoruba- I don’t have a major say in his life, but I will at the very least help him.”

Dho’s ears twitched as a soft smile washed over his face, his grey eyes now open and staring up at Hesper. “….He does care.” A gentle smile touched Hesper’s face as she nodded down to the sickly lion. “Yes, he gathered us to come help you but it seems the gods have more for you.” Pausing she looked at the group, then back to Dhoruba, “Can you stand?”

Dho blew all the air out of his nose then took a deep breath. Standing wasn’t something he really did often. He has resigned himself to the spot he lay and hadn’t given much thought of moving, yet Midas seemed to give him that drive. Rolling over onto his stomach, Dho closed his eyes and took several more breaths.

“Don’t move him anymore.” Yora was now next to Hesper, studying the lion. He needed at least a night or twos rest with food before any travel. “He needs to eat, otherwise he won’t be making it anywhere.” Turning to look over at Midas, Yora gave him a questioning glance, urging the male to do something.

Midas nodded at Yora, “…Can you give him a couple days?” If Cythraul couldn’t then his party alone would care for Dhobaru, however, in Midas’ eyes a pride would serve as the best sanctuary for the memory-less lion. “Please?”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 am
"Aye. I 'ave a soft spot for lions like 'im." Thinking back to when he was with the pirates. There were a few special cased lions and lioness. Though he wasn't sure that he could stay out here a few days he could at least check back in that time. Or try for his Captaincy then he could come and go as he pleased. "Ye want ta bring 'im to da pride yerself? Or do ye still want us ta take 'im?" He was confused. He might be able to work something out with the Captain maybe. Tell them some story about a big haul.

Agnar looked at his father and then at Dho then finally at Solfrid. "Father, 'ow 'bout Sol an' I go talk ta da Captain on yer be'est and see iffin' we can stay." Sol gave a nod at her father, "Aye, we can do that." Taking a turn to leave towards the rest of the war band's direction.

Then he seemed to understand what the male was talking about, "Would ye join me when ye came ta take 'im as yer Thrall when ye came?" Trying to convert one more to his soon to be war band when he became Captain. "He's looking for his own group and you seem strong enough." Branderyn added on.

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 pm
DavyJnah

A smile softly curled onto his maw at the leave of both children- Perhaps this group was genuine and Dho’s luck was better than anticipated. Memories or not, the lion was being treated with more respect than an average rogue. “Your kids have good heads on their shoulders.” Midas mused, black eyes trailed them until they were too far away to see.

“I will join your pride with you, I don’t need to take Dhoruba in as a thrall, however. Let that decision be his. For now, I am trusting him to your care along with myself and Yora.” Midas’ gaze fell on Hesper as the content expression dimmed. Hesper wouldn’t be joining, he already knew this in his heart and yet it still frustrated him a bit.

“No, Midas, I can’t join you.” Hesper’s voice was blunt- Upon meeting the lion she had specified that she’d join him on his journey, but wouldn’t be any part of a pride. She couldn’t. Not with a psycho killer following her around.

“…” Midas looked further, down at Dho and gave him a defeated smile. At least he’d have the big grey ball of fluff to enjoy.

Yora rolled his eyes- If there was one thing the cheetah had no interest in, it was complex relationships. Midas seemed to constantly be caught up in some sort of storm that drained on him, leaving Yora to pick him up afterword. As charismatic and outgoing as the golden-maned lion was, he was absolutely terrible at pulling himself away from beautiful creatures. Both the mind and body inspired Midas in a way that caused him to fawn over another individual. “You will meet again I am sure, Midas.” Yora was both encouraging and warning the lion.

Dho yawned and looked up at Yora quietly, awaiting another prod from his small, firm paws.

“You could try and look a little more alive, gosh darn it!” Yora pressed into the grey fur of Dho causing the lion to yelp while making his fur stand on end. “There… okay you should be okay if that was your reaction.” Growling, Dho snarled at Yora before placing his chin on his large paws.

“Boys…” Hesper’s voice rang out like a siren’s song. “I will go hunt first, I want to spend a little more time here before we all part ways.” A touch of disappointment was apparent as she spoke, turning and taking her leave soon after.

“Looks like we will be having our first meal together soon then. Perhaps you should make sure your children are doing alright as well. Let’s meet here by sundown.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 pm
The male grinned. More allies and two thralls. Not a bad haul all in all. Plus another joining with him. He knew Sol and Agnar would be fine but he gave the other a nod as he and Branderyn headed off after them. Better to all go and speak tot he Captain about them lagging behind than not. Then give Midas just a bit more time to be prepared for coming to the pride.

"Aye." The male said before leaving after his children.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games