[PRP] えぐ [Fetchpatrick/Cass] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 pm
How many egg hunts for kids could one city host? Cass had discovered, precisely 12 just on public grounds, and then there was one inside the largest library Ashdown had to offer. Frankly, as much as she liked children, the idea of being cooped up inside a building with at least twenty screaming children (and their 'helpful' parents) hadn't appealed all that much.

So they'd gone with the one at the park farthest from City Hall. She'd found a spot on one of the playgrounds and stolen up a swing (which she had been asked to relinquish a whole two times and then been given a dirty look when she said 'once the person I'm waiting for shows up'), pushing herself back and forth idly as she watched the parking lot. Mostly, it was to gauge for how many fanatical parents to watch out for.

So far, at least 10 different families had shown up, and Cass was entertaining the idea of just stealthily sneaking around to pick up eggs while the kids were distracted by their parents AND the ones that were extremely obvious.

She wanted candy, darnit.

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:57 pm
The person Cass was waiting for showed up.

"Hi," said Julian, having approached to wave at her from beside the swing set. He had a Daft Punk t-shirt on, which was kind of weird but ultimately believable if you knew him. "I hope you're ready," he grinned. "To commence the date. In which we participate in an activity designed for children, to get handfuls of free candy."

Yep. That was the plan.

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 pm
Cass didn't immediately rise from her swing. Instead she looked up at Julian and offered him a smile. If his attire was odd, she wouldn't have known. It wasn't like she knew him too personally, after all.

"Of course. I've been taking some time to scope out the competition," she gestured with one hand to the parking lot where people were gathered with their kids, "and I have to say, I think we have a definite advantage." Should she have brought a basket to this particular venture? Probably.

But she had jacket pockets for that kinda thing. Heck, she'd figure out something if she needed more room. Like the pocket space she didn't know she had yet.

Pushing the swing back and forth another time, she leaned back, "Are we going to wait with everybody else, or just wait until the mad rush begins and start from here?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 pm
"Being a pair of adults puts us at a distinct advantage," Julian agreed. "How about you decide when we start?" He had his arms stretched up, with his hands bent down folding behind his head. "I've already started scouting around. It's safe to figure parents are doing it too."

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 pm
Looking over the park, Cass took a moment to consider the parents across the way with their kids and the likelihood of being suckered punched by one of the dads for raining on the kids’ parade. Did she think she could win that fight? Yes, yes she could. Did she also imagine the police would show up? Yep.

“I think,” she leaned back in the swing before pushing herself out of it and up onto her feet, “that joining the chaos would be fun and also I'm so ready to fight someone’s dad if I have to.” Maybe it was repressed daddy issues that made her ready for that. “I'm going to bet at least 5 parents join their kids to ‘helpfully’,” she bunny eared with her hands, “show them where things are. We just aren't hiding behind a kid.”

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:33 pm
"Those dads look awfully suburban," Julian observed, peering more readily at some of the family groups present. "Keeping the criminal mayhem to a minimum might be better. Fighting could mean cops." He was saying this all with the cadence of a narrator describing something bright and innocuous. Which he technically was, but.

"If part of the goal is to annoy bourgeois parents..." He tilted his head, crossed his arms, gave a smirk. "You'd have an easier time following their lead than the children, who are all easily distracted. Maybe we should've brought a dog."

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:32 pm
"Yeah, that's why I'm pretty sure I'd win." Cass said confidently. Still, Julian said what she'd already thought about - fighting people's dads meant cops. Cops meant less Easter candy. Which basically ruined all of their fun. "Guess I'll hold off illegal dad fighting rings until later," she grinned, folding her arms behind her back and turning to face him.

"If I'd thought about bringing them with me, I would have brought Ted. Ted would have an easier time with this than some of these kids will," an unfortunate truth. The children would have been outdone by a Roomba. "A dog would have been great for this though. I love dogs."

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 pm
"Is Ted your dog?" Julian asked.

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:55 pm
"Ted is a Roomba," Cass replied, pulling up pictures on her phone to show him. It was indeed a Roomba....with a bunch of foam prop knives taped to the top of it.

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:02 pm
"Nice," said Julian, with a few sincere nods.

The actual Julian likely would have replied in the same way.

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:08 pm
"Ted mans the apartment while I'm away, but I imagine he'd vacuum the hell out of this park." Cass surveyed the park, hands on her hips as she noticed a rather official looking person heading over towards the groups of families and making rather big arm gestures.

"Think that person is saying they're going to be starting up soon?" she asked. If so, they'd probably want to head over too.

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:36 pm
"Sounds likely," Julian replied. He checked his phone for the time. "It is almost time," he added, turning to follow.

demon_pachabel

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 pm
"Excellennnntttt~" Cass dragged the word out for a bit longer than was comfortable as she crossed the field, pausing to practically hop-scotch step around the eggs that they had just set out as like a carpet to distract the smallest of the kids with. As they drew closer, it was more obvious what they were up again.

A bunch of families with more children than Cass ever wanted to be trapped in a room with (WHO NEEDED SIX KIDS?), some teenagers, and then parents. One mom passed her a look of disapproval and she smiled and waved at her with just her fingertips. Hey, best way to rile up a mom, right?

Now they would just wait for the go ahead. "So, we got a plan for how we're going about this, Julian?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm
Julian hummed and brought a hand up to his chin, not really pondering so much as obviously making a show of pondering. "I think the general strategy we have is fine," he replied. "Would you like to split up? The other advantage of not having children is having no one to supervise." He gave a douchey smirk at that, and took a small puff from his vape (which added an extra douchey effect). "So... cover more ground, make it a little competitive... maybe make more one-on-one activity later sound more appealing in the process."

There was no shame here. None.

"Does that put us on the same page?"

demon_pachabel
i'll roll for him my next post :3

cibarium
Crew

Noob

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm
A sly smile came across her face as Julian shared his idea for the hunt, twisting a lock of hair between her fingers. "Sounds like you're wanting an extra prize. I'll make it worth your time, don't you worry about that." she shifted her weight from leg to leg, then added, "I'll even throw in a bonus if you get more eggs than me." Cass had almost considered hinging him getting anything 'special' out of her on that, but she had some of the weirdest luck.

Didn't want to disappoint, after all.

"But sounds good to me. Once they say go, it's on." she winked.

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces