Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:40 am
User Image

Upon her return to the Bahari`mtoto, with her goods in tow, she spent another evening in a temporary home and then left at first light to seek out the male she knew could help her with her current predicament - well, might help her. Red-orange eyes soaked up the environment she was choosing to live in, then inhaled deeply and sighed. The smells, sights and sounds of the Bahari had sold her - this was her home. She'd thought hard about this (though not long) and her decision was final.

Krisis wondered briefly about where the pale lion might be hiding, so she began to look at construction sights, or places she considered to be a construction sight (whether it was just an 'ugly' home or not - who knew) and she found that the number had increased since she'd last been there. "Solomon?" She asked out loud, creeping around the place and saying his name seemed like a great way to find the lion. "Have you seen Solomon?" She received polite nods from a few lions that were passing her, but nothing entirely to helpful.

Needless to say she was struggling a little bit.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am
"You know, there's a waiting list for my help," The white lion responded from his perch as he observed the goddess creeping around beneath him. He had somehow gotten into the trees and was comfortably weaving something around the branches. He might have addressed her, but he certainly wasn't looking at her, he was simply too busy with whatever he happened to be working on at the time.

"That's why we happen to have other Bumani available for such things," he added, ducking underneath a vine as it snapped with very little warning and lashed out towards another branch. "As for counselling services, I don't really provide that, so if you're looking for a punch bag you might need to discuss that with the Mwani," he finally turned his steely gaze towards the lioness and raised a brow.

"Now then," he paused in his weaving and pursed his lips. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company this morning, I had assumed you had returned home with your mother after your visit," he paused briefly.

"Lovely lioness, we would be delighted to have her again," he added.

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:17 am
Krisis froze mid stride and her red-orange eyes darted upwards in the direction of his voice. "Well if there's a list you can move me to the top of it." She snorted and smirked slightly at her first true use of sarcasm. "Your help can't be that special." She waved a paw dismissively at him and then chose to seat herself for a better view at his movements - he was sleek up there, as though he belonged in those trees. She was impressed to say the least, especially as a vine attempted to remove him from her perch and the pale lion successfully (with ease) dodged and continued on with his work.

"I don't want another Bumani.. well actually.. I don't knoooow another Bumani." Then she had a moment of 'whats a Bumani?' that remained in her head as she dug about and found her answer. Her question was silly, but she hadn't had much time to really piece together who did what job which made it's way to the top of her list - get cultured.Counselling? In that moment she realized that he was assuming why she sought him, his first bouts hit the nail on the head and the second one simply amused her. "You would make a good punching bag.." She mused as she met his gaze.

"Well I made the decision to move. Our trip home was just to gather my things to move them over here. But I'll need my own space to really call this home." Her eyes narrowed as she read a little bit in his words. "Yes, she is." Krisis stated plainly, but was clearly irked that his words for her had seemed more sarcastic than true.

"It's to bad she hasn't decided to move here.. though you're getting the next best thing." She snorted.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 am
"Ah yes, the younger model who hasn't quite learned to control her temper," Solomon replied with a raised brow and eventually turned his attention to the young lioness. How curious that she had chosen to move here, he was accustomed to deities electing to relax here, but they more often than not preferred to establish themselves as free agents. Not that she wasn't unwelcome, she would certainly be a treasured new addition, but it was a bit of a turn up for the books.

"And I happen to be the boss," he pointed out. It had been a recent reassignment, in light of one of the other senior Bumani being elevated to the council to directly advise Ram, Solomon had taken to co-ordinating those on the frontlines. Eventually more would follow as they gained greater experience in the field, but for now he was on his own. "So you could say that I'm just a little bit more of a big deal than you give me credit for," he added.

"Now," he paused and allowed his paw to drop and swing by the branch he was resting on. "Last time I checked you were rather determined to build your own holdings, am I to assume you intend to take up our profession if that's the case?" he enquired with a wry smile.

"Or is this a very veiled attempt to show a little bit of decorum and ask for my help nicely?" he asked.

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 pm
"Ha. So would you prefer I get my mother? She sounds like much better company.." Her nose wrinkled at his and her eyes narrowed slightly - not the best way to react to someone commenting on her temper, but at least she remained consistently temperamental. "Or would you be fine with me staying here?" Krisis made a small, unhappy sound that faded quickly. Her narrowed eyes never leaving the pale lion.

"Who, on these beaches, would make you a boss?" Her entire self relaxed and she laughed openly at the concept, though truth be told she was surprised such a rank hadn't been given to him earlier. He seemed to be innovative, very structurally aware and consistent. Those seemed to be good qualities to her, but she wasn't in charge of giving anything to anyone. "So long as you feel good about yourself." Another paw waved in his direction.

"Do you not recall what happened when I tried to do it myself?" Of course he did, she knew he did.. or he wouldn't have brought that damned night up again. The lioness shuddered at the thought of mud and sand sticking to her fur, finding places those things just didn't belong. Even the thought was incredibly uncomfortable. "It hurts me to admit it, but I'm not good at building. You are. So will you help me or not?"

Krisis did her utmost to ignore his last comment, but again it seemed to be a question that he already knew the answer to and was simply digging for her to respond. "So, Solomon?" She inquired again, adding just a teaspoon of desperation to her voice. "I can't stay homeless for long - well actually I won't stay homeless for long. Remember this, pale monkey, I know where you live." A grin broke out on her face in a devilish manner, her monkey comment came spur of the moment as she monitored him in the tree.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:30 pm
Was that a threat? Solomon had the good graces to refrain from commenting, and simply lifted an eyebrow as the lioness made her remarks. She could certainly attempt to get into his house, but he was the better builder of the two and he was fairly certain he could barricade the place if he had to. Quite frankly, based on the number of times he had been 'helped' by a certain set of cubs for other houses, barricading his own holdings wasn't actually a bad idea...

"I'm sure she's wonderful company, she was certainly well rounded and pleasant whenever she graced us with her presence before," he replied smoothly, choosing to ignore the reference to monkeys as he slipped from the branch and landed smoothly on to the ground below. It was at this point that he turned his gaze back to the lioness and tilted his head to the side.

Well if she was this determined to ask him rather than waiting for another Bumani, of which there were several, he might as well hear her out.

"So what is it exactly, that you are looking for?" he asked.

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 am
A wall, she had found a walking and talking wall. The irony of him being a Bumani was all to perfect in her mental image that was steadily being established at his lack of reactions. Krisis tried her utmost to remain calm, cool and collected as she heard him speak. She tried to recall the way the oceans waves spread up the beach and wash away the debris that may be there and smooth out any tracks - somehow it brought her a small dose of inner peace, exactly what she needed to continue this conversation.

"She is wonderful company." But I'm better - was what she desired to tack onto the statement. "Exactly?" Well.." The goddess brought a paw thoughtfully to cheek as she gazed up towards the sky in a dream like manner. The ideal home had already been thought about, but under the circumstances she presumed that not everything would happen. "I want a pool, like yours, and the curtain, like you have. Perhaps two spaces?" Now she might have been reaching at far to much. "

"Fancy, I need some fancy stuff." Krisis thought harder. "I'll need to collect shells, flowers and some other fun stuff to decorate." She'd drifted a touch, distracted by the pretty things to add, not the necessary things. "Mostly I just want a bath, just like yours. I need somewhere to go and relax after a hard days work!" She believed that she'd accomplish a number of hard days of work, perhaps she would eventually.. but not many would be able to look her straight in the eye and not laugh after she finished speaking.

"Do you think you can do that, and fast?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:09 am
"Can I do it?" Solomon mused and raised a brow. "I can, but I won't."

"You might be a deity but there are individuals who are significantly more important than you in regards to priorities," he pointed out. He took the opportunity to slide down from the branches he had been resting in and clucked his tongue. "New couples, expectant parents, newly grown adults who are now moving out of their parents' dens and in to their own..." he provided the list, emphasizing that those had had lived in the Bahari their entire life were understandably entitled to their first homes.

"You also don't work," he pointed out with a shake of his head. "Until you have an actual profession, you aren't entitled to make such exclamations." There was a pause as he regarded her and then he gave a quick snort.

"Temporary accommodation can be given, but we're not going to exhaust our resources creating an extravagant palace until we are ready," he smirked. "And I'm not decorating your house, those things you're going to have to collect on your own."

Astro Risk Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am
"Won't."

Krisis stared at him with a bewildered look upon her face that would have been akin to a child prepared to have a tantrum, but as an adult she held her tongue for a moment as she collected her thoughts and allowed him to finish his explanation. "Deity or not I deserve a home much like anyone else." She grumped swiftly, she'd never thought of using her goddess status in a way to get anything, but her Mother had raised her among mortals - the mortals from her home treated her like any other lioness.

"But I COULD work." Her face twisted up into something distraught. Krisis didn't know what she would be good at, but the pair knew she wasn't about to become a Bumani herself - not after what had happened while she tried to make herself a sad little home. "Well fine. I'll find a profession.. become a proper member then you'll have to at least consider adding me to your darn list." She said with an unladylike snort.

"What kind of temporary accomadation?" She queried. "I planned on decorating my den my way anyhow.. I've seen your den. Creative as it is it lacks the paws of a lady." She snickered softly.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:59 am
"You are absolutely right, everyone deserves a home and you will receive one," Solomon conceded and then flashed a wry smile. "Just not to your immediate specifications," he pointed out. She was a stubborn one, very inclined towards petulance and it made her a ridiculously easy target. She positively puffed up each time she was goaded to the point he was curious as to how large he could make her go - maybe she had the capacity to double her size?

He wasn't often impish, but it seemed everyone had their inclinations!

"And you could certainly work as well, in fact we expect it," he raised both eyebrows and clucked his tongue. "We already have a monarchy and even they, and their children, refrain from freeloading," he pointed out. "Now I can at the very least confirm that you are on the list," he noted and clucked his tongue. "But it's quite a long one so you'll have ample time to establish yourself in the meantime..."

However the mention of his den did make him cast her a rather unimpressed stare.

"I'll be sure to ask my mother to bring me some flowers to shove in the doorway," he drawled and narrowed his eyes. "As for temporary accommodation, how does the little mud hut you made last time sound?" he inquired slyly.

Astro Risk Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:00 am
"Good." The goddess stated plainly. Previous sass had worn off temporarily to allow for a dry tone. His smile had whipped up several emotions all at once, not of them pleasant. "Pffft." The sound wasn't even remotely appropriate for her age, but she deemed it a necessary sound to use towards his comment regarding her specifications. "So just being added to your magical 'I'm a boss hear me roar' list doesn't get me any 'specifications'?" Sass was back. The puff.. unfortunate for her.. was also back.

"Where do you expect me to establish myself?!"

The statement, or what should have been a statement had failed to stay as dry or even sassy as she had previously sounded. No. This time she actually had a dab of pleading in her voice that she hadn't even anticipated. It made her brow furrow and cheeks puff up slightly - it just wasn't fair. "I've already sworn to do my part." She snorted in an unbecoming fashion.

"Flowers wouldn't fix it..." Another snort.

When she thought the conversation couldn't go in much of a worse direction she was reminded (again) of her hovel. The sad little attempt at being a 'bumani' without even aiming that direction. Krisis stared at him in a defiant silence, biting her tongue from telling him off and saying she'd be better off trying that mud hut route again. Oh how she wished she had magically been gifted with the ability to build - it just wasn't her calling.

"Hmph."

Her response lacked her usual flair. She did decide to whip herself around to look away from him. This would need further calculating. What would she actually do?

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:27 am
Ha! He'd gotten her.

Petulance aside, he'd hit a nerve with the reminder of her beautifully constructed 'house'. In the future he would of course offer to teach her how to build these things properly, but for now, he'd sooner she wallowed in the misery of the fact that he was better at something than she was. There was something to be said for gently embarrassing a deity, but he wouldn't make a point of public humiliation, it simply wasn't his thing.

"I cannot possibly instruct you one which profession is most suited to you," he replied at last and gave a dismissive wave of his paw. She always seemed to move directly to the insults when in a huff, he'd bet his next meal on finding her holed up in his own home before the day was out simply because it was decent! That, and he had a sneaking suspicion she was rather partial to that bath as well...

"So perhaps you should take your first few days in your new home to explore your options," he tossed a strand of vine towards her and smirked. "Maybe study under one or two of those who are working to see if you enjoy their roles," he mused. "Stranger things have happened," he pointed out and seemingly finished, he went back to what he had been working on before she had graced him with her presence.

...Yes, the deity had been summarily dismissed!

Ctrl F Greenie

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces