Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:33 pm
Jeff has a job opportunity where he will be paid more than he would by driving trucks.
Oil is booming again so he's going out to see if he can work in the oil fields.
One place where his friend works makes about thirty bucks or so an hour.

He will be gone two weeks and back a week.
Which doesn't phase me because I'm used to him being gone anyway due to trucking. I've come to like the alone time because it gives me some space and time to keep my assignments caught up.

As long as a Republican is in office oil will be booming because they don't give a s**t about the environment. Especially when we are on the verge of war with Syria, oil won't be going anywhere but up.
So we might as well take advantage for the next four years.
I may not agree with the oil's effect on the environment and war but my views won't change what's happening. User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:03 pm
Submission to the powers above and allowing the patronizing of one's own views wins a battle, but loses the war. The same will go for oil, the environment, and the people in between, no matter how big or small. Cause begets consequence, good and/or bad, small or big. Eventually, it comes around to affect us all, and by the time we all realize it is too late to change anything.

Whether people stay aware of themselves or of the stuff around them is completely their decision, and will shape a possible future depending on those actions.

Is it weird that I said that? If so then mission accomplished, that almost sounded too serious for me. 0, - b

Prismatic B

Crew

Enigmatic Heart

41,715 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Very Thankful 25

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Regardless of oil being good or bad, you're getting into a risky business if you rely on an industry that has a tendency to fluctuate. It's easy to get dependant on that income and find yourself scrambling to find a new job and just make it through the month after getting laid off.
It also has a big effect on the local economy surrounding the areas it's collected. I could have had a job in Big Spring but the cost of living is double anything I've seen elsewhere, even highly populated cities.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:56 pm
He ended up getting a construction job that is only six miles away from the house, making fifteen an hour then twenty three for overtime. Not as much as oil but it's enough to pay bills and he will be home every night.

I'm not a fan of oil but if it paid the bills while he looked for something more stable then eh. But hey we found something outside of oil so yay. Literally the only trucking jobs (that paid decently) were oil tankers but this construction place needed someone to drive materials back and fourth from sites.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Spam Central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers