Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] If I have No Parents, Does That... (Nasir & Horace) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm
"Okay," he said, feeling Nugget snuggle into his hair. "But how do we get in there? I only seem to find the place when I'm trying to study." Horace had asked Nasir to meet up, because what if Nugget was magical? He was pretty sure his stupid blindness had been the little bugger's fault, but..

"I guess we try doors?" They were, luckily, in front od Darlene's because it was such an easy place to meet up. Horace pushed open the door to the diner and... Well, ******** him sideways, but he hadn't expected that to actually work. "Nasir?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:25 pm
"... well I think it's suppose to get easier the more we go over, you know?" Nasir was watching Nugget in Horace's hair, his own fingers straying to his scarf where Trouble was dozing for the moment. He had not actually expected the other young man to walk himself right into a potential warg bond but wasn't that how it happened to him?

Then he was blinking as they managed to walk right over into other ashdown. Nasir laughed, just a little bit, and shook his head. "Yeah, I'm right behind you, Horace. I shouldn't be surprised ... I mean I've gone chasing Trouble and Wil's pet ferret Bud out the back door of Darlene's right into other ashdown too."

It was still a bit silly to think about now.

"So how'd you find him again? And you said you went blind for a bit?"

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:09 am
"Oh, do Trouble and Bud get along?" Because, if so, that was wonderfully adorable. Nugget, for Horace had taken to calling him that, hadn't tried to run about or shown much interest in going outside. Horace worried a little bit about food.

He sighed. "Well, I was going blind, I thought - but I guess maybe I was seeing through this little dude's eyes, maybe? Like everything was hideously dark, but there were sometimes shapes... and I read that this kind of bat can usually see okay as long as the light's not super bright, and then they use echolocation in the really dark bits, but anyway I found him in my attic.." Horace was babbling a bit and he paused to get his thoughts organized.

"I thought I recognized this really gaudy mirror I have in my attic so, after the whole blind thing stopped, I went up to check and, uh, here he was." He shrugged. It sounded all ridiculously serendipitous when spoke aloud. "How do I know that he's, uh, mine, and not a random bat?" Aside from his almost instantaneous fondness. And... maybe the blindness thing.... maybe.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:11 pm
"Yeah! I can show you some videos later if you want? Also have plenty of pictures too! Oh you could just follow my instagram account ... I might have a problem. A cute animals must be shared with the world problem," said Nasir with a laugh (who were kidding, it was kind of a giggle).

He was quiet then, listening as Horace described what he had went with. Biting at his lip, Nasir looked over at the bat that was in the other's hair. "... well, I would think that you saw through him pretty much says it all. I mean ... he's also friendly with you, isn't he? Most wild creatures aren't going to friendly with humans. Have you tried to repeat it? Look through his eyes and hear through his ears again? On purpose?"

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:28 am
"I love instagram; yeah, let me follow you!" He grinned. "I already take pictures of Nugget and put them on there. What's your username?" Horace reached up to poke at Nugget gently with his finger. The bat hooked himself into Horace's finger and he swung him gently outwards to sit in his palm.

"I tried, yeah, and I think I succeeded for just a bit - but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. It was over for very, very briefly." He pet the bat's head very gently, smoothing down the silvery fur. "I thought he might just have rabies at first, but he's okay there. Can you see through Trouble's eyes?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 pm
Nasir rattled off his instagram name with a smile, always eager to have someone else he could share animal pictures with.

"It's always kind of like that in the beginning? I mean, you don't want to do it a lot because you'll get a headache? The splitting migraine type." His hand was raised to rest against his scarf, against Trouble's still dozing form. "Uh ... I can, yeah. I can do more than that actually. It's a bit weird, but ... um ... I can kind of understand him now? LIke when he makes noises and stuff. It's words to me or feels like words, I guess."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am
Horace repeated his back to Nasir - he'd get the notification anyway, later. And it was back to this warging business, which was honestly so strange. He remembered thinking about warg spy things briefly before. Nugget shifted and Horace barely resisted the urge to coo at the bat. It was ridiculous how sappy he was to the little guy.

"That's so cool, though. I wonder what Nugget's saying... not that bats make a whole lot of noise. I hope I'll get good enough to see through his eyes without headaches and stuff. It's weird, because Nugget uses echolocation, though his eyes are pretty good normally... I don't know how to describe what I see, but it's different." He shrugged.

"How long have you had Trouble?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:07 pm
"I think the headaches are expected if we're in Ashdown? That's what America told me- um, she's who I talked to after I started getting sight-jacked by Trouble in the beginning." Nasir looked a little bit sheepish at admitting this, if only because he did not want to give up someone's name but he was not, exactly, the best at duplicity.

"Uh ... I really cemented the bond right after ... well ... after people became aliens." The entire waking up in a new world thing. Aliens. "... but he's been around me since October."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:18 pm
"Aliens." He wiggled his fingers as best as he could while holding Nugget. "I've seen America on the listserv. She's got an animal buddy, too?" Horace wondered how many there were, exactly. It'd be nice if they did a weekly lunch or something.

"Oh, that's a pretty good amount of time, then. Should I be calling you sensei?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:21 pm
Nasir went a ruddy red, if only because of the sensei comment. "Nasir's fine, no honorifics necessary for me and she does. His name is Mr Bitterberry, he's pretty awesome. I sometimes feed him."

Nasir smoothed his fingers along Trouble's fur.

"I think I've gotten a good handle on it, though ... I mean, I'm helping Wil - my boyfriend - become a warg."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:06 pm
"Holy s**t," he said, his little romantic heart all a-pitter patter. "That's so cool! A warg couple, a... wargle." Maybe not the best mash-up of words Horace had ever come up with.

"Maybe I'll ask America for tips, too. I want to be the best one Nugget could have picked - is that weird?" He paused. "So when you want to share sight with Trouble, do you just close your eyes and think?" Maybe Horace should try it here and now.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:09 pm
That ruddy red was not going away, it seemed. Especially when Horace put it like that about Wil and himself. Nasir just nodded with a smile.

"It's not weird, not at all. I'm the same way about Trouble. I don't want to not be a good partner or not have a good place in my mind and heart." Which sounded cheesy but whatever. "When I want to ride along with Trouble, I just ... focus on the bond between us. Like there's a door in my head and all I have to do is open it up and walk through. Though I always try to be sitting down or whatever because you kind of ... zombie out, you know? The lights are on but nobody's home; that's what it looks like for others looking at you."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:11 am
"Yeah, I would feel all zombie whenever Nugget was trying to get me to find him unless I really tried to fight it. If it's not too weird, can you show me?" Maybe that was a weird thing to ask. "Like, maybe if I watch someone do it real quick, I'll be able to more easily."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 pm
"Let's find a place to sit? I don't really want to do it standing up." Nasir absolutely did not mind at all. He started to look around, fiddling with knot on his side that was part of his skirt of the day.

"I was helping Wil the other day. Kind of walking through the process."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:47 pm
"Yeah, you might keel over." He began walking, well aware that some places in the weird Ashdown held hidden parks. And parks meant recreations benches.

"You're becoming quite the teacher, then, regardless of sensei title or not." Horace pointed. "There's a bench over there - doesn't look too suspicious. I'm hoping that Nugget and I bond well, but I'm always a worrywart."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces