belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image

Unlike the majority of the lionesses of the pride, Safura was not oggling over Kuhasa's new litter. In fact, she was doing the exact opposite. While others looked at the cubs and felt all manner of fuzzy wuzzy feelings inside, Safura just felt spiteful.

She had courted Kuhasa and gotten exactly what she wanted months ago, or so it felt! With the drought having passed and Safura having moved into enjoying the new greenery to the fullest, she hadn't thought much of it. Surely, her belly would begin to round out soon enough, she had thought, it would only be a matter of time. So she waited. And waited.

Through her waiting, she noticed that another lioness' belly was doing what hers was supposed to and at a much more rapid pace. She tried to think that perhaps the lioness and the older male, Andhaka, had gotten together, but once the cubs were born it became painfully obvious who the father was. Kuhasa had a litter with another lioness, which was to be expected, but this either meant that this lioness, Maditah or whatever her name was, had gotten to him first (which was impossible!) or something had gone wrong during the courtship.

Clearly, Kuhasa was in the wrong. He had to be, since Safura did everything perfectly and without flaw. Yes, he must be the perpetrator, she thought with a sniff and finally got to her paws to go seek him out and call him out on his error. She may even demand to know how the mother of his first litter was not her, when it was obvious (at least, it must have been) that she had gotten to him first. This whole situation was so perplexing to the lioness and she was going to get to the bottom of it!

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 am
User Image

Kuhasa was having a lovely day without a single worry in the world, completely unaware of what was coming for him. He was strolling cheerily on his way back into the center of the pride after a short patrol when he was put on the path to meet Safura. At first, he didn't think too much of it as she came into view. If anything, he'd been mentally reviewing that speech she'd given him so early on and appreciating just how truthful it had proven. Thinking about that he decided to purposefully head her way-- but as he got closer, he realized she didn't look particularly happy.

"Safura," he greeted her once they were close enough to talk, putting on a cautious smile.

belloblossom

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 pm
"Kuhasa!" Safura exclaimed, surprised that things he had been the one to seek her out. Maybe someone in the big wide world was looking out for her. Or maybe not. At any rate... "Just the lion I was thinking about!"

She plastered her usual "lion-charmer" smile onto her muzzle and approached him, brushing against his shoulder.
"You must have taken our conversation to heart, since you've now a litter from it." She remarked, casually, before her smile slipped off her face and she turned her eyes to the Inselelo. "I'm quite curious actually, did Maditah happen to..." How to put it. "Meet with you, before I did?"

She was going to try her best to be civil, but this wasn't going to be an easy conversation and already the lioness was beginning to feel uncomfortable. Hoo boy.

Ecavi
And so it begins. xD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 am
He was relieved when she put on a smile, apparently completely taken in by it and relaxing as she brushed against him. That she brought up the conversation they had was very convenient because it was exactly what was on his mind-- but before he could open his mouth to remark the smile disappeared and she asked a very simple question. Even he could sense the hint of jealousy.

"Actually no," Kuhasa admitted, and said nothing more unprompted.

belloblossom
Oh gods, Kuhasa, it's a trap get out of there xD

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm
"No, indeed?" Safura echoed, looking thoughtfully towards the horizon before forcing a purr. It was close enough in vocal tone to a growl that she was able to replace the growl that had been building in her throat. "So... How come she managed to have your litter first, do you think? I'm still new to this whole, motherhood thing, but I would have thought," She gave him a sidelong look, "That I would be the first in the pride to have a litter sired by you."

She paused, swished her tail and then added.
"You must be completely honest with me, Kuhasa, for this has been on my mind for some time now... Have... Did you..." She sighed. "Did you do it right?"

Ecavi
Hooo boy. Good luck, Kuhasa.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:17 am
Kuhasa immediately knew saying absolutely nothing else was the right thing to do as Safura went on.. and he realized he was dealing with jealousy. It could have had nothing to do with him exactly, he was pale enough that his ego was generally kept in check around this place.. but this was kind of about him, too.

His train of thought went immediately off those rails when she asked the simple question: did you do it right?

"What!" he exclaimed, words coming out before he could process the right way to actually respond, "Of course I did!"

belloblossom
There is no time for thought when being so accused!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 am
At once, Safura became defensive.
"Well, I don't know!" She replied, indignantly."I'd never... Well, this will be my first litter and it's not like you can just talk to anyone about anything in this pride! So... I didn't know who else to ask." She sniffed. "Besides, it's certainly not my fault, I... I couldn't have done anything wrong, so, I just thought..." She sighed, shook her head and stepped away. "I don't know... Why haven't the cubs shown up yet?" As if he would know, he was just a lion!

But now, he had had one more litter than she had... technically. Even if he wasn't a lioness, the litter was still his, so maybe that Maditah had told him something that might be useful information! Oh, bother, this whole affair was becoming so much more complicated that she had originally intended? Maybe the older lionesses were right-that this was what she got for courting a lion with a pale mane!

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:19 am
Kuhasa let out an indignant huff while she carried on defending herself, and as she wound down to the very simple question of why it hadn't worked.. he calmed down. Still, it took a moment of silence to calm down enough to speak properly, and to even organize his words on the topic.

"Maditah's litter is my first," he said, deciding to take the honest approach but stubbornly refusing to apologize this time, "It doesn't seem like it always works, you're not the only one."

He paused there for emphasis, guessing that was something she'd like to hear.. even if it could put blame back on him. If the lionesses couldn't ask these kinds of questions to just anyone, imagine him trying to find a lion to talk to. The Abaholi were experts in siring cubs, sure, but they were hardly his best friends. Or friends at all. And he definitely was not asking any of the lionesses about this kind of thing, either.

"We can try again," he added.

belloblossom

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 am
Safura managed not to interrupt Kuhasa. She didn't sneer at him, it's not like that would achieve anything, nor did she growl or fuss. Okay, well, she fussed a little, but she listened. At first, she was irritable. The notion that she wasn't the only one that he had tried with wasn't a surprise. She knew was inevitable thanks to the set up of this pride and the eligible male to female ratio. Still, rather than getting more upset thinking about the lionesses that he had also tried with, she felt confident enough in herself now, knowing that they hadn't succeeded anyway.

So, she relaxed her stance and even allowed herself to smile a little at Kuhasa. He had said the right thing. He didn't seem like the sort to lie to her, he was too soft for dishonesty, she suspected. Or, at least, he was that way with her... she hoped.

There was a silent stretch for a while and then she perked her ears at his suggestion. Try again? Well, she had to admit, that wasn't something she had been considering, but...
"Let's do it." She said, her smile growing a little more and her eyes turning hopeful again. "Lead the way?" With luck and an increased chance with doing it a second time, it had to result in her having cubs. She would refuse to think about what it meant for her if she didn't.

Ecavi
Do you want to wrap it up in your next post?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 am
He was surprised by the patient silence that fell as he offered whatever hopeful explanation he could, and the strange way she reacted to his suggestion. Had she not intended to try again? The answer to that didn't matter because she was quick to agree. So he smiled at her, and then nodded when asked to lead the way.

Despite all the angry accusations lately, if confidence counted for anything in this situation, it was sure to work. And he definitely liked that idea.

Fin!

belloblossom
Wrapped ;3

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items