Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Dora's Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 pm
User Image

Located in Edinburgh, Scotland, and home to Dora Rosales, beater for Scotland's national quidditch team.
The flat is near the city center and most Dora's neighbors are muggle uni students.
She appreciates not being surrounded by old people or families, but does not appreciate the rowdy weekend noise levels.
Dora's not one to stay cooped up at home much, and is usually out around the city when not at practice, training, or at games.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 pm
LOCATIONS

- Dora -
practice

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:49 pm
PETS

- Dora's Spanish mastiff, Oso -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm
If ever a devil was born without a pair of horns
It was you, Jezebel, it was you
If ever an angel fell, Jezebel, it was you
If ever a pair of eyes promised me paradise
Deceiving me, grieving me, leaving me blue
Jezebel, c'était toi, c'était toi

User Image
ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

SCOTLAND TEAM BEATER │ BEAUXBATONS ALUMNI │ TWENTY SIX

Dora stared rather angrily at the hole in her wall for a few moments longer before giving in and repairing it. Her landlord would have her head if she didn't, and she couldn't exactly have Ashley over and just breeze over the fist sized crater in the plaster. Besides it had been there for six days now, and she was just as pregnant now as she'd been six days ago. Even more pregnant, probably. She'd only grown suspicious when the morning sickness had kicked in. As a professional athlete she was somewhat used to her period skipping from all the stress on her body. But now she was going to have to deal with a different kind of stress on her body. And she'd already had to notify both her manage and the team captain, as mortified as she'd felt.

But while she was a firm atheist now, she'd still been raised Catholic enough that the idea of an abortion for her, personally, had seemed unsettling, and besides that, it wasn't as if she was in place to provide for a child. She made good money, and she was in a long-term relationship. Besides, she'd never had any distaste or unease around children, being the eldest of eight. Dora thought she'd be a decent mother, and she was hoping Ashley would stick around long enough to be a decent father. Of course, jumping to the conclusion that he was going to call the whole thing off after roughly three years was probably a bit much. Ashley wasn't that kind of person.

Still, a little voice in her head kept insisting that this was all going to go terribly wrong, somehow, and it would all be her fault. Maybe they should have moved in together earlier. But she'd always liked her own space and they both led busy careers. Maybe she should have hinted at an engagement after a year of sleeping together turned practically dating. But she'd never been the sort of girl desperate for a ring. If Dora really dug down deep, she knew the real reason she was so uncharacteristically anxious was because she loved Ashley, and she didn't want to lose him. But it had to be like ripping a band-aid off. She just had to tell him, and let the chips fall where they may. Right? Right.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

If ever a devil’s plan was made to torment man
Could be better had I never known a lover such as you
Forsaking dreams and all for the siren call of your arms
Like a demon, love possessed me, you upset me constantly
What evil star is mine that my fate’s design should be

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 pm
User Image
                                                  Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                  Closer to the edge
                                                  Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                  Always wondering why you’re here

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔯 || 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 || 𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫 𝔄𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔫𝔦
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley was quite sure that Ptolemy had been snickering the entire time he'd practiced proposing. That led to the snake being left behind that night despite his protests that Ashley was visiting his 'favourite' human. Ashley had to roll his eyes at that, since the fact that his snake had claimed Dora as his favourite human was actually pretty hilarious. Then again, Ptolemy had been disappointed that Dora hadn't been an animagus that could turn into a snake, so there was that. Besides, the odds of him running into another animagus that could change into a snake were infinitesimal. He doubted he could repeat the same luck even if he wanted to.

Which led him to shifting slightly outside of Dora's apartment door, wondering if he was hesitating or if he was just full of nerves. It was likely the latter, as he'd been having thoughts for a while about actually making his and Dora's relationship more official. The thing was, Dora appreciated her freedom and ran from her family to avoid being dragged into a marriage. He knew that the likely answer she was going to give him was a solid no, but that being said, there was no harm in asking. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door and stood straight, waiting patiently while mentally strangling his nerves. The worst she could do was say no. That was literally the only way his proposal could go wrong.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I'm overthinking this.
                                                  OOC:

- ◬ -

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                  Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                  Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                  Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 pm

User Image
ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora jumped a little when there was a knock at the door, which was so unlike her that she wanted to throttle herself. This was ridiculous. She wasn't sixteen. They both needed to be adults about this. If she freaked out and Merlin forbid, broke down crying in front of him, it was just going to make everything that much worse. She was pretty sure she hadn't cried since she was twelve and in the middle of puberty. She wasn't about to start now. Steeling herself, she tried to look casual as she opened the door and welcomed her boyfriend into her freakishly neat apartment. She'd been cleaning a lot lately. Was that a bad sign? Or just a coping mechanism?

"Took you long enough," she said dryly, even as she kissed him on the cheek, leaning up on her tiptoes to do so. It had just felt like ages, was all. "D'you want a drink?" She asked that on reflex, and then winced minutely. It was going to look more than a little suspicious if she wasn't drinking herself. And anyone who knew her could attest that Dora had never been one to abstain. She should have bought some alcohol-free wine and hoped he wouldn't notice. But it was all pretty pointless, since she was going to tell him tonight anyways, and prolonging it was just going to make it even harder. "How's work? Any gruesome cases?" He couldn't go into real specifics because of patient confidentiality and all that, but she still liked to hear some gory details once in a while.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:26 pm
User Image
                                                  Closer to the edge

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley smiled as Dora opened the door and gave him a kiss on the cheek, giving her a small hug and a peck on the forehead in return. He nodded along with her question as to if he wanted something to drink and resisted the urge to fiddle with his pockets. "Yes, I would actually. Anything would be fine."

He stepped back to take a glance around, noting that she must have tidied up a bit since the last time he'd seen her, but shrugged it off. His flat could probably do with some straightening up, considering the fact that he'd been busy with work a lot. However, that wasn't entirely unexpected. He just remembered what it used to look like before he got the hang of cleaning for himself and knew that it could be much, much worse. When Dora asked how work was, he shrugged. "Had a few interesting cases today, although I would suggest never trying to breed acromantulas. Highly venomous, and the woman I treated insisted it was just a flobberworm bite." He certainly had never seen a flobberworm bite anyone, and the puncture wounds were much larger than the size of one would suggest. The woman was just lucky that her son had decided to tell the truth instead of covering it up. "And you? I imagine that with quidditch season around the corner, you're likely busy with practices."

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:02 pm

User Image
ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora rummaged through the outrageous array of alcohol kept in her kitchen, resisting the urge to take a swig of something herself. She had to stay calm. Fortunately Ashley didn't seem to suspect anything was amiss, but she couldn't just put off telling him all night. He'd wonder why she kept it from him in the first place. What was she going to do, say she was scared, like some overwhelmed teenager? She was an adult; she was twenty six. Plenty of people her age were married with multiple children. She needed to stop acting like such a child. It wasn't even that surprising; plenty of couples had at least one pregnancy scare. Hers just happened to be legitimate, even if part of her still felt like it was all some weird dream.

In the end she poured him a glass of wine, although he was probably going to be asking for something a hell of a lot stronger soon enough. She pushed the glass in his direction, and laughed at the description of his day. "What did she have, a death wish?" Dora was not very squeamish but her stomach still turned a little at the thought of it. She glanced at Oso, who was still conked out sleeping on the sofa in the living room. It was a sign of his trust that he hadn't shot up awake and started barking when Ashley had entered. He of course asked about quidditch, and Dora completely froze, something that had never happened around Ashley before. She was used to being completely comfortable around him.

"I-," she stammered for an instant, and then realized it was beyond salvaging. She had to just come out with it right now. She was driving herself mad like this. "Actually, I'm not. Because-," she swallowed around the lump in her throat and closed her eyes for a moment, before looking at him. "I'm pregnant, Ashley. I got it confirmed last week." Dora really didn't think she needed to add 'it's yours'. Exhaling, she tapped her fingers nervously against the counter top. "Obviously, we didn't plan for this, and- I was shocked too, but I'm keeping it. I haven't told anyone else yet." Especially not her family; sickeningly enough, her parents had probably been hoping she'd get knocked up for years now so they'd have the excuse to push her into marrying someone. Preferably not a muggle, muggleborn, or halfblood. They were going to love this.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:40 pm
User Image
                                                  Closer to the edge

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley rolled his eyes as she asked if the woman had a death wish. It certainly seemed like it, though he couldn't for the life of him figure out why she would hide something that serious. Sure, it was illegal to breed them, but the situation she had found herself in was potentially lethal. He himself had been bitten once by a rather stubborn runespoor that didn't take too kindly to the man who had used him for... other purposes and being irritated enough not to listen to Ashley when he tried to coach the snake out, but Ashley had never thought to hide that from anyone. "I imagine she believed I was going to call the aurors as soon as she said anything. That's not my job, however. I did have to report it, but beyond that, I am not law enforcement."

He took a seat as Dora settled herself down, taking the glass she'd handed him and taking a sip. The stammer caused his eyebrows to rise in concern, but not nearly as much as the proclamation she had. He blinked, thinking he had merely misheard, but as she continued to explain the situation and say she was keeping it, he nodded, his face falling into a look of consideration. "That would cause a pause in your career, yes, and no, I wouldn't dare ask that you get rid of it. I'm not my parents, who would undoubtedly insist on that if they felt it would harm the family name."

He paused, however, letting the realization wash over his face as he considered what he had originally come for. Huffing in amusement, he reached into his coat pocket and drew out the small box that he'd been fidgeting with for what seemed like an eternity. "Ironically, I had come over with a different intention than discussing a pregnancy, but it seems... not quite appropriate, but perhaps serendipitous considering the circumstances." Ashley set the box down on the table and watched Dora quietly. "Believe me, it is quite a shock to discover the potential of becoming a father, and I'm sure it will sink in and I will properly freak out later, but I had wished to propose to you, if you'd wish it."

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm

User Image
ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora sometimes wished her boyfriend was more of an open book. Usually she appreciated Ashley's decidedly neutral demeanor, but it didn't really help matters during.... emotionally... fraught... circumstances. Translations: the pregnancy hormones already coursing through her body kind of made her want to throttle him. That said, once the initial adrenaline rush had passed, it was obvious that he wasn't A. panicking, B. angry, or C. looking for a way to run out the door. Still, she was then hit with a fresh wave of shock when he pulled out... what looked suspiciously like a ring box. Had she not just revealed an accidental pregnancy, maybe she'd have been less surprised, but as it stood, she was astonished he was going ahead with what seemed to have been his original plan. This was like something out of a muggle romantic comedy. Only she didn't find it terribly funny. She wasn't angry with him; Dora just didn't know what to feel.

"Serendipitous?" she choked out. "That is not the word I would use, Yaxley!" She hadn't referred to him by his surname in over a year now, but if there was ever a time to break it out again, it was now. For a moment she looked both as though she wanted to hit something and like she was about to burst into tears, before she wheeled away, composed herself, and turned back around, running a hand through her short hair. "Alright. Well, this is mad, as we both can acknowledge." She cast a brief glance at the ring box, and then steeled herself. "You came over to propose, yes, but that was before you knew I was pregnant. You were planning on proposing to not-pregnant, Quidditch-playing, same old me. I'm going through with this, and that means I'll be retired from Quidditch for at least a year. Of course I want to go back at some point, but I'm trying to be realistic here. I just don't want you to feel duty-bound to go through with anyone because now you know I'm having your kid."

She probably wasn't putting it nearly as eloquently as he might, but Dora wasn't sure how else to say it. Yes, he'd obviously considered marrying her. But that plan had probably considered kids as a still far off thing. Marrying your girlfriend and marrying a crazy pregnant woman was a lot different. They'd have to decide if they wanted to be married before or after the baby came, they'd have to find someplace to live big enough for both them, their animals, and an infant, and then there was the fact that he'd likely be the one providing for them all, at least until she was in any state to be back on a broom and taking bludger hits. All the healing in the world was not going to see her flying around a few weeks or even a few months after the baby was born. Regaining some of her more typical confidence, she looked at him again. "If you propose, I'm going to say yes," she said firmly. "But I only want you to propose if that's really what you want. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I'm not going to disappear on you if you decide you're not ready to be married."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 pm
User Image
                                                  Closer to the edge

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley merely rose an eyebrow as Dora scolded him for his choice in phrasing. Okay, maybe he could have worded it better, but honestly it was hard to come up with a better word under the conditions. He let out a small sigh as he watched Dora and waited for her to finish before he spoke again. "Yes, I planned on proposing, but to Dora Rosales, not the non-pregnant, Quidditch-playing Dora Rosales. Unless they became two separate people, which I highly doubt. I came to propose to you, and I very much doubt that has changed with the new circumstance."

He settled back and considered her for a moment. "My only concern was whether you'd want to be tied down. I do remember when you stated you ran away from an arranged marriage, and I didn't wish to beholden you to that situation again. That you say that you'd say yes if I asked is actually a lot more than I would have expected from this conversation. You being pregnant hasn't made me any more or less reluctant to do so."

He He then stood, smoothly rising from his seat before taking the ring box off the table. Kneeling, he presented it to her, opening it up and swallowing down whatever nervousness he might have suddenly felt. "If you will take me, then yes, I wish your hand in marriage. I do believe that I would be very honoured if you wish for the same."

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 am

User Image
ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora rolled her eyes a little, but found it hard to keep the smile off her face, her mouth twitching slightly. "I think we can both agree that this is the exact opposite of arranged." Still, she was a bit... touched that he'd put so much thought into the whole thing, although she shouldn't have expected anything less from Ashley, who almost always had a plan. Her hatred of marriage (and serious relationships in general) as a teenager had stemmed from the hypocrisy of her family; they expected her to profess to love and respect someone in a church, while all the while it was just so they could make a deal with another wealthy family and 'preserve their bloodline'. She hadn't wanted that kind of life for herself, so she'd ran. When he actually knelt down, she blinked in surprise, having not expected that, and then grinned. "Of course I accept." Without waiting for him to get up, she practically flung herself at him, kissing him fiercely, and wrapping her arms around his neck as she did so, laughing a little breathlessly.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points