Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Hello :3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeIsASweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57 am
How's everyone doing?

It's nice to meet you all ^_^

I'm new on Gaia and it's been really nice so far.
I'm hoping that I'll get to meet many people along the way and make friends with really friendly and nice people. I'm looking forward do that!

So far, I've been just browsing around the forums and haven't really said much except posting in the "Welcome to Gaia!" forums and actually met someone really nice there heart

I like 2 of Gaia's Games already, which are zOMG and Lake Kindred!
I'm excited for these 2 games smile

I understand that zOMG has been down for a long time.
May I ask what happened? Does anyone know?
And upon it's return, did y'all get anything new, new content? :3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Hey and welcome to Gaia.

If you are new here, maybe you see yourself lacking some items, yes?
Maybe visit my Giveaway, I may look like a dragon but I am actually quite nice and dont bite wink

zOMG! was the thing which got me hooked to Gaia back in '09. Nice game, liked it much but IMO Lake Kindred is way better. And this opinion will stay that way until the devs make RIGs (Random Item Generators/"surprise boxes") dropable in zOMG! OR up the gold drop amount by a lot.

zOMG! was gone for some 3~5 years (?? dunno exactly) because the code was flawed and hackers could easily hack/access Gaia accounts by a loophole. So the devs/admins decided to shut the game down for good before the security issues might harm accounts. That is the story as far as I know it/understand it.

Anyway, have fun here. cool

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:26 pm
Welcome, welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy yourself!

Gaia was under different management for a while. zOMG was old and decrepit. It was taken down to get some work done on it. During that time, they discovered that there was potential for security breach where hackers could gain access to all of our accounts through zOMG.
The cost to update zOMG aaanndd fix that issue was deemed not worth the cost. At the time, zOMG had a strong cult following on the site, but it was small. Very few users actually still played the game.

Many users quit Gaia due to the removal and zOMG annnd a few other things that happened during that management.

Recently, the founder of Gaia (Lanzer) became in charge of this site again.
He saw that many users were calling for zOMG to return, so he took it upon himself to code it back into existence and remove that security issue. (Okay, so he also met with people who'd done the coding on zOMG so he could even learn how to work on the game. So he's had help from other people to get it back up, but he also took on an immense brunt of the work.)

What's up right now is an old file that was recovered. Technically there's a slightly newer version of the game that still needs to be fixed and put back up. But.. that still gets it back to the version that it was when it was removed.
They don't plan to do any major updates to zOMG. I belieeeeve I read in a journal that they will try to include zOMG in some of our site events. And might possibly try to add in an event that was coded, but never implemented. XD;;; I've done a lot of reading... I don't remember where I read that one. If I come across it later, and remember to, I'll edit in my source.

XDDD With all that said, I'm with Marc. I like LK more. It's a simple game... but it's much easier to double task while playing it and get other things done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm
HeIsASweetheart
[

Welcome! ^^ I'm a LK and z! player too. LK will net you more gold, but z! is a lot more fun to play 3nodding Events on Gaia are a lot of fun as well. The big one coming up is the Easter event!  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:54 pm
Hi, Back at ya! biggrin I'm really pleased to be a member of this site!  
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games