[PRP] Update [Renard/Fox] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm
Fox looked at America's text - so very very vague - and sighed deeply. She carefully arranged her notes on her paper before pulling the department phone over to herself and tapping in some numbers off of it.

Then she let it ring.

Hoooo boy, she didn't have much. Just some thoughts about a ring and that there had been a 'change' in the case. Okay. Deep breaths. Important.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:39 pm
Renard picked up. You could tell it was Renard because he said, "Leroux speaking," which was kind of like when people picked up the phone and said Go and expected you to just start talking. "May I ask who's calling?" YOU ALREADY DID, a*****e

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 pm
"Good afternoon, Mr. Leroux. This is Officer Bliskiss." she stated, buying herself a moment as she browsed over her script that she'd written out so keep herself from sounding like an absolute ninny on the phone. "I wanted to call and give you an update on the report you filed. I do have a few leads I am following." she pointedly, didn't say what they were. "I also wanted to ask if you'd perhaps thought of anything in the past few days that could help with my search?"

Not that Fox should have known anything about anything. A helpful little text-bird (who was attached to a bird...wait..) told her.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm
"A pleasure to hear from you, Officer," said Renard, who sounded much less curt now. Maybe he was just a curt kind of person. "Would you like to hear my news for you first? Or would you prefer to start?"

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm
So he did have an update.

"I have followed up with America Jones. She has sent me any relevant information that I needed and I am going through it to see if any of it lines up with what you and Ascension have both told me thus far." Fox explained, careful to not be too detailed.

"It sounds as though you found something?" At this point, she suspected a letter or an unsent email. Something like that.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:38 pm
Renard paused. "Perhaps it's best if I show you? Can you meet me at Independence Beach Park later this afternoon?"

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm
Fox frowned into the phone. "Of course. Name a time and I'll be there." Now she was concerned.

She'd at least let Jeremiah know where she was going before she headed out.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm
Renard named a time shortly before rush hour would begin in Boston, and they agreed to meet up later.

Renard was waiting near the standing poles that declared the park a sign of peace between all people. Despite the March chill and the snow still on the ground, he wasn't wearing a jacket, just a blazer with a delicate brocaded pattern and a collared shirt beneath it. He looked really ******** cool. "Officer Bliskiss," he said. "What do you know about magic?"

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 pm
Fox would take three minutes to tell Chief Mercer where she was headed and with whom she was meeting before she headed out the door. Just in case. Just to be safe. (If she'd really been safe, she would have brought him along with her. Sigh.)

He was easy to spot as she stepped onto the pavement off the parking lot to head into the park. While Renard got to look cool, Fox got to look professional in her uniform. That was really all she ever wanted. In her mind, she was totally cool.

"I will admit, nothing from personal experience. Mostly hearsay and a lot of things I cannot confirm. It stands as something I do my best to simply keep an open mind about."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 pm
It's okay, Fox. Renard thought you looked cool, too.

Anyway, he held out an arm for her to take. "As I suspected. My husband and I, as well as our daughter, are intensely magical. When my daughter and her friend America found my husband, I didn't think to call you for precisely that reason. You don't know magic. However, it was unfair to me to not inform you, and perhaps you can be of more use than I expected." He sounded like an a*****e, even though he was very clearly trying to be not an a*****e. Dude just didn't know how to relate to people. "If you wouldn't mind, I will show you what has become of Liam. Should you wish to close the investigation then, then that is your decision."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm
Fox hesitated before she took the offered arm. They were the oddest looking not-couple at the park. "I understand I am a bit...mundane," it wasn't her fault, really. "But you say you found him?" her confused tone was matched by a headcheck as she looked over the park, eyes narrowing. She didn't notice anything that should have struck her as 'I AM HERE TO SHOW YOU THIS PERSON IS FINE'. Which was odd. He also didn't sound as though he was in mourning either. Her other hand found that necklace in her pocket, running her thumb over it with some concern.

"I will not close the case until I am satisfied." she stated firmly, trying to put on her best 'I am a good officer' voice. It was a very good voice for her. "Please, show me what it was you found."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:46 pm
One moment, Fox and Renard (who both had names meaning fox, one more literal than the other, but this is an amusing fact) were in Real Ashdown, which here means the Ashdown that Fox had known her entire life. Then they stepped from the dry sand of the beach to the wet sand of the breakers and the whole world rippled and changed.

"Don't worry," said Renard. "I can take you back the moment you want to go. No one will notice you were gone." That was probably intended to be calming. "Your career will not be harmfully impacted by your sojourn here unless you decide it should be."

They weren't even on the beach anymore. They were in some kind of cave. Behind them was the usual entrance that they might have used on the other side: a thin crack revealing them to be hundreds of feet off the ground. In front of them was a strange, opalescent surface.

Inside the stone, shaded by the milky pastels of the light reflecting off its facets, was Liam Noor.

"As you can see," said Renard, who had a wonderful gift for understatement, "my husband is in dire straits, but not ones that the nonmagical can approach. I'm incredibly magically talented, and I could only turn it from shadow to this."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 pm
He probably felt her grip tighten as the world changed around them. She tried to not let it get the best of her, but the fear in her chest laced her expression openly as she looked back to him. "I'm less worried about time and am sure I'll just be grateful to end up back near relatively home...." she hadn't taken into consideration that what Renard most likely meant was he'd dump her in the same period of time as well.

Instead of in Ashdown 1000 years in the future. No thanks.

"Why would I decid-...." she trailed off as she walked with him, heart pounding in her chest as she tried to take in all of the scenery around them. Was this what people saw when they talked about magic? Was this something else entirely? Fox had been blessed (or was it that?) to not hear about 'Other' Ashdown, so this would be her crash course in that it even existed.

It had been enough to take in that she wasn't even sure how they'd gotten to where they now stood, face to face with Liam Noor. For the situation, Renard was much more calm than Fox would have been. In fact, it was sheer willpower that swallowed down the fear. "This is...." definitely out of her reaches. Fox would agree. "I don't even know where to start with this..but..." she took a deep breath. "I'm not satisfied with this." She'd said she'd bring Liam Noor home. This wasn't home. "If nothing else, I can bang my head against this until I get..somewhere..." She was absolutely not magically talented in any way whatsoever. On her own she couldn't even get here. But she was determined to do something.

Anything.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm
Renard didn't flinch. "I welcome the assistance," he said. "You're able to access people that I cannot without rousing suspicion. I would ask that you not share that I'm involved?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:39 pm
"Of course. If you feel that will gain more answer, then..." she looked from Liam to Renard and nodded. "I can withhold your involvement. It sounds as though you have people in particular in mind when you ask I keep from mentioning your name?"

Shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces