[Oba] It's Not So Bad. (Dexurn/Shadiya) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 pm
It was the second night in Oba, and Dex was just about over it. The large home echoed emptily, making him feel like he was in a house of ghosts. ..In a way, he was. So many memories were here, but none were actually his own.

The temptation to take his wife's offer and go on ahead to Sauti with the children was tempting, but what sort of man left his wife alone through such an emotional process? Not him, certainly!

..So, there he sat in the makeshift bedroom, looking out the window to watch over the children lying in the dried up gardens to admire the stars..

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Shadiya knew that coming back to Oba was hard on Dexurn. It had haunted her since seeing his reaction to crossing into the city. Even seeing how skittish he had been around her home, her home!, made the woman's heart clench. How could she have asked for such a selfish thing from her love? He had already gone through so much with her...so why torment him more? Yet as she walked through the familiar gardens Shadiya had to sigh. This place had indeed been her home and she wished to see it in its glory again. Maybe not to live here, but to at least offer hope to those living in Oba. If only she could show him that those old days were over! No more would the Matori be suppressed and no more could someone easily put another in chains.

"I want to say I understand, but I know our situations were different." She found herself commenting as she slipped into the makeshift bedroom. The dancer offered Dexurn a small smile as she approached him and sat next to him on the bed, "Still it is rather painful to be in a place that caused so much pain and for that I apologize." Shadiya leaned against him and peered up at Dexurn's face, "Forgive me for my selfishness?" The Oban closed her eyes with a soft sigh, "It's not easy to forget the past I know. But - that doesn't mean there can't be some happiness now." She had an idea in mind and peered up at Dexurn almost like a small child with eagerness. If he couldn't be happy here then she could show him how to have fun in a place nearby!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:12 pm
Dex looked up when Shade spoke, his eyes pinching slightly with regret. He didn't want his concerns to be so clear.. but Shade knew him better than anyone, and he knew he wasn't doing a very good job of hiding anything. Sighing slowly, he wrapped his arms around his beautiful wife to pull her close. "You didn't do anything wrong. Even I didn't know how ..strongly I would react to returning."

Some happiness now? When he looked down, he was surprised to see the excitement suddenly in Shade's eyes. His eyes narrowed suspiciously, attempting to be a little more lighthearted. "What crazy plan do you have churning in that head of yours?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Shadiya's smile was gentle, "Still I should have asked you more before dragging you along into this." She ran a hand through his hair lovingly as her body pressed up against his, "But that's how I am - isn't it? Running into things without truly thinking them over first." She let out a small laugh as she bent forward to kiss his forehead, "I'm surprised you've survived with me for this long since I keep acting like that." Emotions over logic, instinct over a well thought out plan. The woman closed her eyes briefly before pulling back again to try and tug him from the bed.

"Nothing crazy~" She replied with a light tilt to her voice, "Just that the children are settling in for the night and there's nothing to harm them here. However, these adults seem to need a bit more before going to sleep. Too many thoughts in our minds, right?" She poked at his forehead playfully, "So I wanted to show you one of my favorite spots. It's near the manor, not far away at all. We can have some fun there to get rid of all that tension in your shoulders." Her hands reached out teasingly as she traced a finger along his neck towards his shoulder, "What do you say?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm
"Ah, but that's one of the things I love about you," he assured, smiling a little easier. Meeting someone as spirited as Shade had truly changed his life...

Standing when he was pulled on, his eyes first darted in the direction of the children warily. Leave? The poke to his forehead made him blink with surprise, but he chuckled right after. He certainly was thinking too much. Much more than usual. Of course, who was he to think too much when his wife was acting to playful. His smile warmed, and he reached up to take her hand and pressed a kiss to her palm. "I will follow you anywhere," he replied. If Shade was so certain... and nothing had happened yet... If nothing else in Oba, he knew he could trust Shade. Oh, he would still worry, but perhaps not as much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 pm

"Good to know then. So you can't get angry if I do something crazy in the future again." She teased lightly as she waited for him to get off of the bed.

Shadiya flushed lightly at the kiss. Out of all the teasing such a simple act could make her really flustered! "It'll be fine I promise." She smiled at him encouragingly, "It's late, the manor is locked up and the children know better. Plus, I may have paid for a couple of guards to keep an eye on our property while we were here just in case." That much she had thought of at least.

"But let's get ready to go then." She grinned, "Not like we need much besides ourselves." She winked at him teasingly, "Come on, love. I don't want to be out all night long~" The Oban woman pulled at his hands before leading the way out of the room and through the hallways and out into the night sky.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm
Dex gave Shade a smile of relief. Getting guards to watch over the house... Another task he would have been afraid to trust another person with. Shade might be impulsive, but she knew how to handle things.

A little smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth as he followed after Shade. He wasn't sure if this plan of hers would help him enjoy Oba or not.. but time with her was always a joy. "Well.. if you've got guards.. we can take all the time we want," he replied, further making the effort to be calm. Besides.. he couldn't help but to be curious about where they were going.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Shadiya squeezed her husband's hand in reassurance. I suppose I did one thing right then. She teased herself quietly. If he seemed more relaxed because of the guards then it definitely was well worth the coin. Though honestly she wished she could have brought her Matori cousin with her. The woman definitely knew how to handle a sword now.

Still, it was just nice to see Dexurn relaxing a little.

"Oooh?" Shadiya grinned as she looked back to her husband, "All the time we want, hm? I hope you're ready then for that~" Playfully she sashayed her hips before him as they moved along, "Do you see that market down there? To the right? It's full of Matori now, but in the past used to be a grand ole mix. I would sneak out and dance with others down there Matori and Oban alike. Even during those times we could still have a good laugh about things - not every Oban was noble after all." She added lightly, "And I could blend in easily enough, not that anyone minded another pretty face to the fun."

"Still, it's good to know that they've actually managed to make that place their own now. They sell all sorts of things there - some of the prettiest jewelry and crafts as well." She smiled up towards Dexurn, "If anyone was ever inclined to need a present that is." Shadiya pressed up against the Matori and then slowly pointed towards the left, "Up that hill though is where we'll be going. It's a bit dark at night so watch your step okay? But the lanterns should start showing up soon enough." And they would. Little paper lanterns with colored screens to decorate a small stone path in shimmering lights of purples, reds, and golds.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 pm
Dex smirked lightly. He was sure he was more than ready for some time away with Shade. Especially when she swung her hips like that~ He looked over as directed, seeing the section being indicated. To hear that the two had mixed pleasantly back then.. if only he had been part of that rather than where he'd been. The rather clear hint made him smile, nodding slowly. "I'll have to keep that in mind."

Shifting his focus to the hill, he linked his hand with Shade's at the mention of the need for stepping carefully. The lanterns did illuminate the ground, but not quite enough for clear sight. Still, it was beautiful to see. "Has this changed since you were young?" he asked, guiding her around a little dip in the path.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm

"Mmm." Shadiya smiled up towards him, "I hear the gemstones of this area are really pretty too." Though honestly part of her just wanted Dexurn to go perhaps to see the Matori living there. They had adapted to change - not all had of course, but at least she knew there was hope by seeing those who had climbed up into the merchant ranks after the war. It wasn't the richest life, but it also wasn't the poorest either.

Shadiya pursed her lips at the question, "A little bit." She smiled towards him, "But not too much since a place like this will always have business." She grinned mischievously, "But to say why would ruin the surprise, right?" Instead she laced her fingers tightly with her husband's hand, "We're almost there." Her gaze gleamed as she glanced up, "Though look - the stars here are beautiful. Without the buildings all around us you can actually see them again. Almost like being on a beach in Matori." It was truly beautiful and even in the few trees that decorated the path were a few more hanging lanterns, "As a child I always thought this place was magical. Even more romantic as I grew up and wished for someone to come here with me."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm
Ruin the surprise? Dex cocked his head slightly, but figured Shade would reveal whatever she had up her metaphorical sleeve soon. His eyes lifted, and he felt his chest let go a little with relief. He could see the stars... and they did shine beautifully. They were just about the same stars he saw in Matori, and that was a comfort.

Romantic... He gave Shade's hand another squeeze. "Well, you've got me up here now." He glanced over and smiled warmly. The way the starlight made Shade's skin shimmer... "I hope it's as nice as you wanted it to be," he said, a hint of play in his voice. This was most likely very different than her younger dreams, and it would probably be better if he wasn't still standing with a stiff back...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Ah, there was a bit more relaxation. Shadiya's smile grew with every small victory. Whether Dexurn admitted to it or not she was slowly seeing him loosen up a bit, "Eh." She teased lightly at his comment, "It's much better especially since I have you with me." She smiled dorkily up towards him before moving so that she could stand on tiptoes and kiss his cheek, "Everything seems to be a hundred times better when I have you at my side."

"Buuut it can become even better." Shadiya grinned as they finally crossed towards the end of the path. Up ahead steam came up around them and the girl twisted around on her feet playfully, "Tada~ Hot springs! They have been here since I was a child and we used to come as a family, buuuut they do have a few that are private." She winked towards her husband, "If you would like to try those out of course~" Behind her steam rose and the scene of hotsprings decorating a rocky landscape truly set off against the desert background. It was just as she remembered it which gave Shadiya glee. She had always wanted to try one of these out with Dexurn after all!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 pm
This time, Dex couldn't help the heat that colored his cheeks. No matter how much time passed, Shade's statements of devotion like that would make his heart flutter. "Same here," he murmured softly. Yes, everything was better with Shade around.

The surprising view caught him, well, by surprise. It was a gorgeous sight, to be sure. "But we don't have our- ...oh~" Who needing bathing suits when there were private springs set up? Privacy for just the two of them, away from everyone... His hand rose to brush along Shade's jaw lightly. "You never cease to amaze me," he murmured, catching her lips for a kiss. Of course Shade would find a way to help him relax, even if for only a short time. "Now, where is this special spot you want us to try?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Shadiya smiled, "Good to know." Kissing him without care of anyone watching the woman finally pulled away so that she could look around, "And for where it is? We'll have to be directed." Ah, there was the ticket booth! Shade tugged at Dexurn's hand before walking up to pay the vendor, "A private bath please."

The Oban woman grinned lightly, "Certainly. There is one towards the back, the right bath house. Feel free to make yourself comfortable and take your time. Always nice to see young couples relaxing out here."

Smiling, Shadiya thanked the woman before taking the key. She led Dexurn up the path and twisted away from the more public baths so that they could enter a side house. Inside the pools were still steaming, but they were completely alone save for the bubbling waters, "So what do you think? It's supposed to be good for the body to spend some time here and I hear it's great for your skin as well!" She lifted her hair and glanced back towards him, "Care to help me so we can go ahead and get in?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:45 pm
He looked along the public baths, briefly thinking it would be fun to bring the children up while they were in town. ..Allow Shade to visit the springs with her family again.

Of course, entering the private area brought his attention forward again. "It does look really nice," he admitted, dipping a toe experimentally into the water. It was like a hot bath... Help? He glanced over and felt his heart skip a beat. He walked over silently and pressed a kiss to Shade's neck while his hands sought out the ties of her clothes. "What sort of husband would I be if I didn't help you out of.. such restricting clothes?" he asked playfully.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff