Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A physical representation of 'something for everyone,' the Civisect Boardwalk is a living, breathing central hub on any normal night, but with the onset of Bloodfest it's truly taken off. The pulse of the city beats in the local shops, cafés, and restaurants, all offering questionable discounts and aptly themed specials like the Bloodfest Breakfast Grand Slam—the only way to start your evening off right! It's impossible for travelers to leave their hotels without being bombarded by hemospectrum-themed advertisements vying for their beetles.

Down toward the coast, lining the Boardwalk itself, are countless vendors from all over Alternia. Their wares are often cheaply made, but vibrant and attractive. Anything you could possibly need to cheer on your favorite team, from color-coded paper fans for cooling off to foam fingers to card stock and markers for making signs, you'll find them here.

If that's not your style, clustered alongside the vendors are sponsored and approved booths sporting more games, activities, and often prizes to win. Off in the far distance, bright against the skyline, is the fairground, a wonderland of high intensity rides.

Just a step off the Boardwalk is the warm, summer sand beach, loud with the sounds of competition and charged with an energy fit to take your breath away. This is where the real action is set to take place, the looming volleyball nets and tangle of obstacle course equipment only a taste of what there is to see.

OOC Information
This thread is for all non-event activity taking place in and around the Civisect City Boardwalk. Trolls are welcome to visit hotels, gift shops, the beach, or the fairgrounds. Hang out, spectate a game, and have fun! This thread will remain open until April 23.

Accepted quest trolls that participate in Bloodfest are allowed to roleplay in this thread!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 pm
    As the nights grew longer and warmer, Elidae continued to grew a little wiser. The yellowblood stood thoughtfully with her back against the railing on the beach's pier, staring wistfully out into the expansive ocean from behind circle rimmed sunglasses. The warm, salty breeze and buzzing commotion of trolls around her helped dull out the storm brewing internally, and for a moment, she felt a sense of peace.

Still, the feeling of sorrow lingered. It never really went away. As Elidae grew older, more experienced, she realized all the things that used to make her feel some resemblance of sadness were just mild inconveniences. Now, a heavy feeling sank like a rock to bottom of her core and attached itself to her. Hiding it was simple, but at the end of the day, it always came back to greet her and let her know its existence. Elidae looked to the glittering stars, reeling herself back to the wooden planks beneath her boots.

She half hoped her moiral would join in her the festivities (gog knew he needed some lighthearted fun, too), but she understood his predicament. Last sweep's Bloodfest felt like an eternity ago, yet part of she wished to return to that time, where everything seemed so simple and carefree. And easy. It was harder now. Much harder. Things have changed. Things have evolved. And while she could say she was happy, there was still so much to improve on. So much to do.

Leaning further back, Elidae closed her eyes and smiled. For now, she wanted to enjoy the more pleasant aspects of Alternia.

Quote:
i n t r o s p e c t i v e

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 pm
Punkie Vielli
Punkie was still fuming. What she needed was a nice, relaxing, scenic break at the beach, and a bottle of Faygo of course. The cool air whipped a few of the wisps of hair out of the juggalo's up-doo, and also calmed her down. Calidia was running a booth, so of course she had to remain impartial? Punkie's bloodpumper still ached at the rejection. In fact.. She had never been rejected before. Her religion? Sure? Her advice? Sometimes, but never her own efforts, never just about her being her. Punkie almost ripped off the lid of the bottle of toxic sugar drink, and downed the entire bottle, "chug chug chug" being chanted in her head. Once finished she let out a loud belch, and nodded. Yeah, proper thanks to the Messiahs for their holy sugar drink. She was feeling better.

Punkie looked around, and noticed another teen who looked deep in thought as well. The juggalo approached the other, apparently a yellowblood, and smiled. "Looks like ya could use a shitloaded swig of this here capricious drink of the ******** Messiahs." Punkie said, offering the yellowblood an unopened Faygo. For some reason she had a strange feeling that this troll had a few bottles of the holy drink in her own cooling-coon back at hive.

blackbird cake
I remember that fridge stocked with faygo Elidae wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 am
    As a stranger's voice addressed her, Elidae fluttered open her eyes to see. She regarded the orangeblood juggalo with a kind smile, then raised her brows in surprise by the offer. While the language might throw some off, Elidae always kind of liked juggalos and their mirthful nature. One of her favorite trolls was one, after all. The offering of Faygo was actually a very kind gesture.

"Haha! Do I? Thank you!" Elidae said with sincerity, taking the bottle gingerly. While twisting the cap, the yellowblood looked back into the ocean. She let out a sigh, but a complacent smile remained on her lips. After bringing the aygo bottle to her lips, she took a long swig and then turned back to the orangeblood. As if receiving a surplus of energy, she bounced on her heels and held out her hand. "I'm Elidae!"

Micillia

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi sat on a bench at the Boardwalk, taking a break from the festivities with her notebook. Even she needed a rest from time to time, and with the heavy questions she was getting from her advice dropbox, she needed a nice view and a little bit of time to give them the thought that they deserved.

She wasn't dressed for the beach at the moment, just a knee-length skirt, some sandals, some sunglasses, and shoulder-length sleeves. She stretched before unwrapping an ice-blue popsicle and opening up her notebook to the first question on her docket.

(Theres room on the bench for more than one wink )  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 am
This was the first time Vitula had ever experienced a Bloodfest. Looking around he saw many trolls browsing the shops, taking in the scenery and enjoying local festive treats. He didn't know where he wanted to start first. Maybe he wanted to start playing some games, surely he didn't wanna go home without something to remind him of this day. Then again he didn't visit the beach that often, maybe he should take his shoes off and splash in the water for a bit. All these thoughts bounced around in his head, he had now clue where to begin. That was until he spot another troll holding on to an ice-blue Popsicle.

He looked around trying to see if he could find the booth that was selling them. Sadly it didn't look like he be able to find them himself. It looked to good to just ignore, he had to have one. This was going to be the first thing he did no matter what. He walked up to the troll who was sitting on a bench, he quietly took a seat next to them.

He looked over at the troll and began to speak. "Excuse me . . . um . . . Popsicle?"

DraconicFeline

FoxFire120

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 am
FoxFire120

"Hmm?" Psykgi looked up, eyes slightly unfocused from the careful thinking she had been doing over the question - now satisfactorily answered. His question, though, was harder than some of the deep, soul-searching examples she'd gotten at her booth. He could be asking all of many things.

"Yes, it is." she said, deciding that it wasn't the worst conversation opener she'd ever heard... though if he was trying to get her to give her the popsicle, he had another thing coming. She was a redblood, but she was also bigger than him and, frankly, he wasn't high-caste enough to get away with that.

Now, if a cute highblood teenager had plunked themselves down and demanded that she give them her popsicle or else... Well that would be fun.

But a yellowblood wiggler...? Haha, no. "It's perfect weather for them, isn't it?" she continued, licking away some of the melted syrupy goodness.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 pm
Vitula stared at the Popsicle while the older troll answered his questions, embarrassed that he asked such a stupid question he turned slightly yellow. He quickly turned away folding his hands into his lap, thinking what he could do to save this conversation. When he finally thought of something he began to open his mouth, but the older troll had already began asking a questions. This was perfect, they want to continue speaking.

"It is indeed perfect weather for them"
He said smiling at the troll. "By chance do you happen to know where you can find these?" He watched as the troll consumed the ice pop in front of him. Each lick made him crave the Popsicle more and more. The color of it, the way solid sweeten treat melted. Letting the syrupy goodness run down it.

DraconicFeline

FoxFire120

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:33 pm
FoxFire120
Sorry for the awkward start, hi there.

Oh, good, there was the qualifier, and that was a perfectly reasonable question to ask. "Oh! Just on the boardwalk here! They were selling ice cream too, I think..." she trailed off, studying his face. "Do you want me to show you, or...?" she asked, "It's really not that far off..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:59 pm
A smile grew on Vitulas face when he heard that the ice pops were being sold here at the boardwalk. He looked behind him trying to see if he could spot them himself. It didn't look like he would be able to find them from where he was. He turned back to the troll who offered to show him where they were. "Would you really?" he asked with a huge grin on his face. "That be so nice if you could Ms . . . Ms . . . um . . .I dont think I know your name?" He said tilting his head sideways.

DraconicFeline
Don't . . . it was beautiful.

FoxFire120

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:00 pm
The night was a buzz and Calida had been fluttering between booths and keeping her own booth from shambles. But now that she had a few moments there was someone she needed to see. Her pumpbuiscut hurt as she thought about how upset Punkie had been and so the young greenblood had set out to make things right.

It took a while, but she found the orangeblood, talking to a yellowblood. Oh, she actually knew the yellowblood from her booth and as one of the styluists she'd gone to! "Punkie!" Calida called out rushing over to the juggalo, not even really paying attention to the fact that she had disturbed what would have been a conversation over faygo. "Punkie I'm so sorry about earlier! I was just trying to be impartial and fair to everyone, but oh!" they young greenblood brought her hands to her cheeks, her eyes filling up with tears. "I'm so sorry!"

finally she took notice of Elidae as Calida wiped the tears from her eyes. "U-umm, you too, I'm really sorry I-if I upset you, I didn't mean to...."
blackbird cake

Micillia
sad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:06 pm
FoxFire120

"All right, then!" Psykgi said, standing up. Well, why not? She could get a chocolate covered ice cream thing there, too. Those were good, and what better thing to follow a popsicle but more cold?

"Oh gosh, I don't think we've met before, so of course you wouldn't!" she laughed. That, and the little yellowblood might prove to be interesting. Busy or not, troll minds - especially that of a polite little yellowblood child who sat next to big strange teenagers (redblooded or not) and asked them about popsicles of all things - were always intriguing. Again. Why not?

"I'm Psykgi! Psykgi Mentha. What about you?" she beckoned him to follow her as she talked. Best to get to the ices first. Quickly, she looked around for his lusus, just to be sure she knew where it was, whatever it was. It was just good policy.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm
Punkie Vielli
The faygo, with its intense amount of sugar, calmed the juggalo's bloodpumper, and she felt better. The yellowblood had an easy going attitude, and Punkie felt like she could probably say anything to the girl. When Calidia came up and apologized, Punkie couldn't hold back her tears anymore, and she called out to her friend. "Calida! Im so ******** sorry i reacted like a grubbucket!" The juggalo wrapped the greenblood in her arms and hugged her. "And i even threw a ******** cupcake at your capricious self!" Punkie let go of her friend, and handed her a pingpong paddle. Pointing to her head, and with a look of determination on her face, Punkie asked the greenblood to do something serious. "Bomp me on the head Calida! Just right on my ******** think pan! Its gotta be fair!"

saihen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm
Dairah Vacche

Dairah was taking a break from intense boothing to wander the boardwalk and see what was being sold. Mostly window shopping, but sometimes there would be a free sample of something for her to inspect. After going around a bit, her ears perked up at the sound of rather familiar profanity. Grinning, she scampered over to Punkie, her more-aware lusus mooing warnings behind her. "Hi, Punkie! It's nice to-"

Then she realized that Punkie was crying and clearly engaged with another troll. "O-oh," she said, stepping back. "Um, s-sorry for butting in. Sorry." She was considering making an escape but wasn't sure which direction to scramble in. Boy, did she feel like a dunderhead. What would she do if she walked in on her future superiors during important negotiations? That wouldn't be good...

Micillia
Hope you don't mind if Dairah kind of follows Punkie around a bit? :'D

saihen
Because Calida is there too~

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 pm
Wallas Ziegel

There wasn't always much fun to be had in Chittentown or in his dinky little workshop, so Wallas was enjoying Bloodfest. Well, enjoying it as much as he could, anyway, in light of his mediocre performances at most of the booths. He was used to mediocrity, sure, but some part of him felt a bit "salty" about it and wanted to do better. Maybe tomorrow?

At any rate, he was relaxing for a spell, meditating on the day's events. It actually felt kind of nice to get out of the workshop. And he hadn't even had any problems with highbloods (even if he got some dirty looks), which was a pleasant surprise. Golemdad was standing protectively nearby, as always, and his presence was reassuring. Maybe the rest of the 'fest would be enjoyable as well.

Quote:
Open for interaction!

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas