[ prp ] a pizza your attention (america and sonny) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:00 pm
America showed up at the Shore House with two boxes of pizza and an expression that slid back and forth between worried and hopeful and doing her best to not get too worked up. At least not while holding the pizza. She wasn't sure which would be more tragic, shrinking down and dropping it or ending up with tiny one inch pies. Mr. B was nowhere in sight, not even a hawkish hello off in the distance.

shibrogane

Adding to tag mountain plz forgive, but no rush you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 am
Sonny opened the door. They always tended to be nearby when someone was coming to visit. Like, some people would be in their rooms sometimes, but maybe it was just magic that brought Sonny close to the door when it was time for people to come see them?

Who knew.

Anyway, they opened the door. "Hi, America," they said. Their eyes crinkled up at the corners. "What's up? Come in!"

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 am
"Hi!!" Arms full, America settled for a gentle shoulder bump instead of a hug. "Shun talked to me today, said your pa's been missing." She looked over at Sonny, face turning a bit pensive, a bit searching. "How're you holding up?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:12 am
Sonny's expression crumpled a little. "Yeah, Papa didn't make it to school on Saturday," they said. "I'm okay. I want to help look, but Father and Chief Mercer say I can't. It's too dangerous." Not for them, they were basically indestructible. If someone else had Liam, though, it could be bad for them. Or bad for the world, if Sonny got desperate enough.

They took the pizza boxes into the kitchen.

"Father thinks someone's trying to hurt us," they said. "That Papa knew something about the third principal, and it's all connected. But I don't think that's true."

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:30 am
Once the food was on the counter, America did move in for the hug. "I wanna help you look too. Mister Bitterberry's waiting on the Otherside, so we can borrow his eyes and search around there for awhile, if today's good?"

Renard's theory turned a piece of dread over in the pit of her stomach, and she couldn't help a sigh. "Everything in this town feels connected, on some level. But I really hope you're right." It'd be war or some sort or another otherwise.

Not wasting time because fresh pizza had a limited window of cheesey pullfullness, America took a small piece of one and shoved nearly the whole thing in her mouth, face scrunched a bit, like she was chewing up her frustrations with the third principal. One box held plain cheese and the other a loaded supreme. There was pineapple on it.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 am
Sonny was incredibly tempted. Sonny was also the mental equivalent of a sixteen year old. They smiled a little crookedly and went for a slice of the supreme, which they ate in small bites. "You can't solve one problem without moving towards a solution on the other," they said. "Like the yogis on TV say, it's all connected, man."

They sighed and reached into the fridge for sodas. "Father would kill me if I went looking," they said. "But he doesn't have to know..."

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 am
Washing down the last of the crust with soda and a grateful look, America cleared her throat, noticed she had sauce on her lip, dealt with that, then tried again. "I was thinking maybe...you think it'd be possible for you to warg with me, like both of us seeing through his eyes?" With anyone else, except perhaps Taym, the question would have felt unthinkable.

After a moment, she hastily adds, because having said it out loud it felt like she'd just made Sunny a marriage proposal out of the blue. "Or at least project what I see, in some way...?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:27 am
Sonny blinked, and narrowed their eyes, and blinked a couple more times. Then they looked up towards the ceiling and tapped their fingers on their chin (their nails had a coat of glittery translucent polish on them, it was cute). "I think... maybe? We could try it, anyway. And if not, I can always go through. I think getting Papa back is more important than dumb rules."

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:08 pm
"I think him being missing breaks enough rules to allow some give," America nodded. "When you're ready then, I'd like to try." Her own getting ready meant another slice of pizza and finishing off her drink.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 am
Sonny smiled at America, relieved for the understanding. "I think so too," they said.

They finished their slice of pizza and said, "Let's go sit in the living room. The couches there are really comfy." They washed their hands and led the way, kicking off their in-the-house slippers and nesting on one end, one of the throw pillows tucked up against their chest like a stuffed animal. "Let me know when you're doing it. I have to follow you to Mr. B, I think, since I'm not connected to him myself."

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am
Settling in beside Sonny, America gave them a smile and took a deep breath, the one another. Holding out her hand toward the other, she said, "Okay, I'm gonna reach for him."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:51 pm
Sonny took America's hand. Their fingers were comfortably cool and soft, the sort of hands that didn't do any work because they didn't have the opportunity to, not because they were unwilling. They didn't close their eyes, but as America slipped into Mr. B's mind and sight, there was another presence there with them.

It felt a lot like being next to a black hole, something powerful and gaping and terrifying. America would be able to feel Mr. B trembling, afraid of this other presence, but they were both there, looking out on the tree-line several hundred yards away from the Shore Otherhouse.

Do you want me to stay, asked the eldritch thing-that-was-Sonny. He's scared. I don't want to hurt either of you.

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:42 pm
Taking a shuddering breath, America gave Sonny's hand a squeeze and tried to soothe the jay past the shocking power of that presence. Friend, they're our Sunny Friend. Our smallcakespartyhatsbeachbeachmagicfriend. Sadfriendscaryfriendhelpfriend.

There was an acceptance, but it was tenuous. A for now it is okay for now for now lets go or let go. A beating of wings followed and then perspective shifted, going up and up and up until the world turned to winds and patchwork geography.

xshibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm
Sonny pulled back, but just slightly. I can't be any smaller, they said, their voice small from the cavernous form.

They flew, Mr. B's strong sight giving them an angle they wouldn't have had in the otherworld bodily. They neared the coast, and Sonny cried, There! Look, America! A gentle golden shimmer by the cliff face, a soft feeling of familiarity resonating with the great mass of nothing that was Sonny.

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:37 pm
There was a sense of a bit of relaxation from Bitterberry, a small inching back of burden and a flutter of gratitude that followed.

At America's request the jay veered toward to the cliff face. Is that the cliff? Miss Viv's? America couldn't help but wonder, unfamiliar with it in this place and perspective.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces