azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 pm
Every now and then Nasir liked to visit the other restaurants in town (and were he honest, he had also helped out at several of them if they were in desperate straits). Today, however, brought him to Bombay. Mostly because of the fresh naan bread. It could be made himself, he knew how to do so, but sometimes you just had a craving.

... and sometimes your boyfriend had a craving and then you really had to get it.

Which was why Nasir was poking his head into Bombay that day, a scarf around his neck and - as always - one too many hair clips in his hair. Today he might have also had squirrel ear barrettes in his hair.

demon_pachabel
terrible ambiguous start go!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:56 am
Everybody liked some fresh Naan. Especially Fox who had essentially broken into the back kitchen on lunch. Ayush had just laughed and shook his head as he watched his eldest raid the kitchen, ruffling Devansh and Raven's hair as she set up at the stovetops next to him.

"We wash our hands first," he chided his eldest and Fox laughed. "Oh, I don't get to flavor my lunch with the taste of sibling dander?" she asked as she navigated to the sink to wash up. She counted the seconds out loud (for verification) as Ayush laughed. Raven was out the door quickly with a tray to drop at a table. "You can, but I know you're probably picking up for someone else at the station too. How about you leave whatever list you have here," he tapped the order strip and Fox relinquished her formatted order form to it. She hadn't waited at Bombay in her teens just to forget how to shorthand everything. "Now go man the front for me for a few minutes."

Fox popped up front. Of course she was going to work on lunch for her lunch (and probably Curtis's. Sigh).

"Namashkar, what can we get started for you today?"

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:59 am
Nasir smiled warmly when he was greeted, fingers wiggling in hello. "I was actually just coming in to see if there's fresh naan I can get. Though I feel like I might end up getting something else ..."

Mostly because the food smelled good and he loved getting things from Bombay (though he had not lately, not since things had changed and the world with it).

"I might need a moment," he laughed, "to decide just what unless you want to make suggestions." Though ... she did not look quite like she worked here, not with that outfit, but people who worked in restaurants usually knew what the best house dishes were.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 am
"Well, it's always cooked fresh to order, so we can definitely take care of your naan needs. Plain or do you have a preference for garlic, onion, or peshawari naan? I highly recommend the Peshawari if you like sweeter breads."

Fox took a moment to ponder over her preferences on the menu when asked, "Well, I like the Shrimp Tikka Masala, the Lamb Curry, and the Bollywood Chicken. Those would be my recommendations. Of those, I'll say I've eaten the Tikka Masala the most growing up." Being the eldest child by nearly ten years, she'd gotten to have her choices in food catered to a little bit more before Devansh and Raven.

"The cook's favorite is the Chicken Biryani, however."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:27 pm
"I'd actually like some of all three," Nasir said sheepishly. "I could make my own but I like the way it tastes from here. Peshawari is my favorite ..."

He was, actually, very attentive as she talked and looked over the menu. In fact, his smile got bigger because it was it was clear she enjoyed the food greatly. It was something he loved to inspire so seeing her like that made him happy.

"Well ... then Shrimp Tikka Masala, as I've not made any in a while myself, and the Chicken Biryani too. I always like trying the things that are the cook's favorite. It's usually the best."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:09 pm
Fox noted that Nasir mentioned more than once that they cooked Indian fare. "All three it is. Do you prefer your Peshawari sweeter or more mild? The cook can adjust for either preference. He usually balances them more for first timers, but since you seem to have a taste for it, I can put in the request on it." One of the nice perks of 'baked to order'. Alterations.

As Nasir spoke, she wrote down his order carefully. She didn't forget that shorthand easily, after all. "Mmmhmmm. Pita-ji's Chicken Biryani is always spot on. Everything else as well, but you can usually tell which dishes the kids like the best. I think the joke would be made with love?"

As she finished writing, Fox looked up to him again. "Anything else? Also to stay or to go?"

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:35 am
"Sweeter, the more taste something has to it, the more Wil likes it. He's kind of ... dulled his senses a bit." Nasir had to make things potentially hazardous sometimes for Wil to really be able to taste spices and seasoning. Hazardous to others, at least. "I tend to like richer tastes myself; the sharper it comes across the better."

He watched as Fox wrote it down, noting the looping of her lettering in the way someone does when they have an artist for a significant other (but that was awfully specific wasn't it?). "... because they're made just for you, special? I've said the same thing," that smile was back on his face (except it was never far), "but that's it. It'll be to go since I'll have to pick up my boyfriend."

Briefly he paused, his head tilting. "So are you the ... eldest?" Nasir paused and then went a ruddy red. "Actually that's probably rude to ask, I'm sorry. I just have been enough that I have seen a couple of them grow up a little." Though it was like catching still frames. He wondered how he had managed to miss her.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am
Fox nodded. "Okay, I'll just add that....here..." she noted the sweetness, along with a few other notes, before pulling out the carbon copy and sliding it into the order-clip back into the kitchen where Ayush could see it and start prepping accordingly. She quickly tallied out the total and gave it to Nasir.

"By about 8 years. I've been in school and in Boston for a while so regulars from six plus years ago may recognize me a little bit better." To be fair, she hadn't really recognized Nasir either. "I'm just helping out while Pita-ji cooks during my lunch. I actually work over at the Police Department." Hence she wasn't dressed in the same uniform as her siblings.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 pm
Nasir was pulling out bills to pay, extra always left because he always left extra even for a to-go tip. "Oh! Yeah, I've only been here for, ah, I think a little over five years now? Decided that I wanted to go to college here."

His head tilted before he smiled. "I know the Chief of Police, Chief Mercer? Oh and one of the Detectives, Kuroda." Though he did not ... really ... like Kuroda for various reasons involving him making Nasir feel wrong for being friendly.

"Do you enjoy it?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm
"Ah, so probably right after I left for the academy. You would have barely missed me then." she didn't seem bothered by it. Fox had already had a few of the older customers comment on her reappearance more than once.

"I work with good people," Fox replied, almost cryptically. "I feel it's a good environment to work in and I can see myself there for a long time as long as I grow into a cop that's worthy of it." Because if her personal issues lingered, she'd probably end up right where she was right then. While she loved her family, she wasn't sure if she'd be able to handle it for the long term.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 pm
"Yeah, I kind of met this amazing person - her name is Sunny - and she convinced me to stay here. To make the life I wanted." Nasir was still smiling, though his glasses were tugged off to clean the lenses briefly with a cloth.

He was nodding in agreement with her about the department. "Just about everyone with the department is and they've handled the rise in magic-users extremely well. Though I think Chief Mercer just dad's everyone sometimes ..."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 am
Fox's brows lifted. "Liam Noor's daughter?" she inquired. Though the pronunciation was slightly different, that sounded an awful lot like 'Sonny'.

"Well, either he's fathering us all into submission, or he's lacing those delicious baked goods he leaves for us. Maybe a little bit of both. Buying all of our love," Fox's tone was joking, however.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:47 pm
"Um, yes?" Though Nasir wasn't sure that Sunny was his daughter but he would assume that was just one of those changes. "I've known her for years."

He chuckled a moment later before he nodded. "Sounds about right. I mean, I honestly can't keep up with him in that regard. Not sure how he has time to bake with all the work he does either ..."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 am
Fox nodded. "I'm actually working her father's case," though she had...two fathers. Was that specific enough of a distinction? "I hope you can give her some comfort in this time," but beyond that, Fox wasn't allowed to say anything else.

"Magic." Fox replied flatly, but there was a twinkle in her eyes that implied she was joking. "Or he's a spirit of cooking. That would make as much sense. A very responsible spirit of baking."

Azuredreams
Yes she's seen the muffin man. I don't think he lives on Drury Lane tho.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 pm
Fox got a particular look for saying magic, enough that it distracted him saying anything else about Sunny. Mostly because he did not really know she had a father so much as there was a man who claimed to be such ...

"Well, Chief Mercer is magic, isn't he? So, perhaps he knows cooking magic. It'd certainly be something useful to have." Not that he, of course, knew anything about cooking magic. Shifty-eyes.

"... she's a good friend, Sunny that is, so yeah ... I'd be there for her no matter what."

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces