Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Of Rings and Other Things (Lucky, Sherry)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:56 pm
It had taken her a bit of time to track down this "Lucky" fellow. All she had was a comment on the island twitter, and apparently Lucky was a nickname.

Still. She eventually figured out which phone number belonged to him.

Text from Sherry
Hello Mr. Lucky! This is Sherry. I was hoping you could help me with something?

If she didn't get a reply she planned on stopping by the room that was assigned to him, and if that failed she'd just start asking people if they'd seen him.

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:34 pm
There was a delay of about five minutes before Sherry got a response, during which time Lucky had been frantically looking her up on his SPECTRE watch.

text from Lucky
aren't you in life division? i don't work there any more

text from Lucky
how did you get this number?

His paranoia about a visit from a veteran life division hunter he didn't know was exceptionally high lately. There had been a lot of strange occurrences lately, and the last thing he needed was for his involvement in them to be noticed.

Grifferie

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:57 pm
Sherry was very excited when she got the notification of a new text. Hopefully it was a response from this Lucky person. It was. Score!

Text from Sherry
I am Life! I know, but it's not related to normal Life things.

Text from Sherry
It's an individual investigation.

Text from Sherry
All hunters have their numbers listed.

She didn't mention that she'd had to find out exactly who he was first to figure out which number was his, as her copy of the list was using a name she couldn't even hope to pronounce. No wonder he went by Lucky.

Text from Sherry
I just have a few things to inquire about. I heard you have

Text from Sherry
a Truth related artifact? I'm researching things like that.

Text from Sherry
I would like to see it if I could.

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:11 pm
text from Lucky
oh

A small delay, and then:

text from Lucky
the ring? sure

text from Lucky
it's not as exciting as it sounds though

text from Lucky
come to 113

And true to the text, when Sherry arrived at the specified dorm she would be greeted by hunter that could probably only be described as a 'future Mark'. He seemed distracted and somewhat twitchy, looking past Sherry and down both ends of the hallway as if he expected her not to be alone.

"Um, come in, I guess?" Lucky finally half-invited, giving the empty hallway one last sweep before ducking back inside himself.

Grifferie

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:47 pm
Text from Sherry
Thank you!

Sherry went straight to the room. She was totally alone, but she did note the state of this Lucky fellow. A bit fidgety, maybe? She didn't want to say paranoid, but....

"I'm Sherry, and thanks again," she said, stepping inside his room.

"So. I'm investigating things that bring truth out of people," she said, even though she'd basically said that already. "I was told you were someone I should talk to."

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 pm
"Lucky," he greeted in turn, holding out a hand as if he intended to shake hers, then reconsidered halfway and awkwardly pulled it back. A black circle was emblazoned on the back, marred somewhat by a very large stab scar. That was stupid - she already knew his name.

He shut the door behind her, leaving the both of them standing in one of Deus's famously cramped first floor dorm rooms. The place looked surprisingly spartan, despite that - Lucky didn't seem to have many belongings, and the walls were bare of any decorations that might have made the room feel a little more welcoming, or normal. There were just papers, files, books, and a small pile of miscellaneous runic junk sitting in a box that, if Sherry looked at just the right moment, was occasionally skittered across by a single wayward cockroach.

"Right. The ring." He held out an empty hand palm up, concentrating for a moment. There was a faint metallic glimmer in the center of it - and the ring materialized, a simple band with a simple green stone. Compared to the one Sherry had used, it looked woefully average.

He held it out to her. "Like I said, it's not much. You can - you can have someone put it on, and then - well, they can only tell the truth."

"Only if they're wearing it, though," he added, waving his fingers for emphasis. "I haven't tested it much, but I haven't found any other limitations myself. The effect seems to be indefinite. Um, as long as they have it on."

Grifferie

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:04 am
"Nice to meet you," she said, putting on a smile.

Sherry did take a few moments to look around the room. She hadn't been in a room on the first floor in a good while, and it was always surprising how small they were. He didn't have a whole lot to look at though. A bit of paperwork and random things.

"Right." Sherry leaned in to look at it, before reaching out to pick it up when he offered it.

"It's pretty," she said. It certainly wasn't the right color to be related to hers, and it was fairly simple. It simply didn't feel the same.

"Oh," she said, looking up at Lucky. "So they have to wear it. You don't have to ask any questions? It's just anything they say?" She glanced down at the ring. "Interesting."

"Can I ask where you got it?"

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:38 am
"Anything they say. As long as they're wearing it on a finger. You can ask questions - but people don't have to respond if they don't want to. Only what they say is truthful. Like I said, it's... not much."

"If you want to see what it does, you can try it out for yourself," he offered, taking a step back and sitting down at the swivel chair by his desk as if to watch. "I found it in - there's a cave, fairly inaccessible, the only entrance to it is through Halloween. I still have the coordinates... somewhere. There were a lot of artifacts there, not just the ring."

His brow furrowed; he wondered what else was still there after all this time. Maybe he could find something that would be of use next time Charlotte tried a lethal strike.

Grifferie

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:09 am
"Neat." So it wasn't much like hers at all. She had to ask a question, and command it.

"Can I?" She looked at him for a moment before slipping the ring on a finger. She certainly didn't feel any different. Hmmm....

"A cave? With other artifacts? I'd love the coordinates if you can find them, actually." And that was all true, not that she'd tried to lie.

"Also I'm 26." And that was true, even though she'd tried to lie about it. She looked at Lucky. "Quick ask me a question."

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:42 pm
"Go ahead." Lucky adjusted his glasses a little, watching more than a little curiously as she tried it on. He wasn't going to stop her. He hadn't had the chance to do any research on it in a long time. Maybe he never would, now. At least Sherry taking an interest in it might give him a little bit of new data.

"Really? Um, sure." He was surprised she was interested. He quickly made a note on a piece of paper beside him. "I'll look up my old report eventually, it's in there."

He was also clearly unprepared to ask a question, just staring for a few seconds. It was hard to think of something worth asking. There were a few at the back of his mind, things he wouldn't normally ask, but - maybe if he caught her off guard -- "Who told you to talk to me?"

grifferie

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm
She grinned at the idea of having another ruin to explore. One with artifacts, too. It was just the kind of place she was interested in.

She was still grinning while she waited for him to think of a question. The question he asked made her blink. "Oh. Well..." She almost tried to lie, just to see if she could. She tried to say it was Mark. "It was Rep. Well, he gave me your name on Twitter. H is the one who told me a truth ring was on the island."

Not a lie at all.

Molten Tigrex

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces