[PRP]More Furthering of a Report [Jeremiah/Fox]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 pm
Detective Kuroda had made it clear Fox would be wise to bring this missing person's case up with Jeremiah sooner rather than later. Which was why she'd practically bolted from his desk and over to the Chief's office, her notes held tightly to her.

She hadn't expected it to be a big deal, but if Shun thought it was important, maybe it was?

With a deep breath, Fox knocked on the door and waited.

Azuredreams
No rush. Just starting this so we can say it was established that Fox told Jeremiah about Liam if you need it :V

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 am
Jeremiah's door was almost always cracked open to some degree. Mostly because that showed he could be disturbed and that his officers could visit when they needed to.

He was going over reports, signing off on things, when he heard the knock. Not looking up, not yet, he simply called out in his still heavily accented voice, "Come in."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:45 am
Fox gently stepped in, pushing the door back into it's previously 'partially closed' position.

"Sir," she greeted. "I was talking with Detective Kuroda about some information I was looking for a way to follow up with on a missing person that was reported earlier and he mentioned that you'd likely want to know about this case sooner rather than later." Fox explained as she approached the desk, gently setting her copy of her notes down on it.

"For a Mr. Liam Noor."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm
Jeremiah did not free but his attention certainly sharpened. His eyes were bright, focused on Officer Bliskiss.

"This was just called in? By Mister Leroux?" This was not- "If you're going to be handling this, Officer Bliskiss, then I will assign you help."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:21 am
Fox hadn't ever considered that she would be handling this case. She was dispatch. She....her heart tightened in her chest nervously.

"Yes, sir. I've filed the report proper since the call, but I did tell Mr. Leroux that I would keep him updated." Jeremiah's response was a bit more immediate than she'd been expecting which just confirmed her slight suspicion based off of Shun's response. Liam Noor was extremely important. Just how? "If you'd like me to handle this, I would absolutely love the help but I..." Sure she had training, but - "I'd need someone with a bit more experience with this type of case."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm
"Mister Leroux and Mister Noor live in the Shore mansion," Jeremiah replied, "and Liam Noor is the last scion of the family line aside from their child Sonny." They also had a death recently: the murder of Ascension Shore. He watched her closely a moment before he inclined his head in a measuring gaze.

"You are an office of the law, Bliskiss, and if you want to start testing yourself again, you need to step out of your comfort zones. If you would prefer, I will put the case into Detective Lieutenant Kuroda's hand and assign you to assist him in the matter. Given the importance of the missing, I will likely check in and assist myself where I can."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:47 am
She felt like someone had grabbed both ends of her ribcage and had started twisting them together to squeeze everything tightly. It wasn't just tight in there, but everything was warped out of shape too.

"I..." she took a deep breath and stood herself up taller, "if possible, may I ask that Detective Kuroda assist me on the matter? I went to him specifically because I knew that he had more ties to the community and sources to find out about people I don't know through. I won't get any of those unless I'm out there..." buuuuut "I'm just going to need someone who is capable of getting me in the door."

Not pictured: Her horribly anthropomorphized heart yelling 'WHY. THIS IS NOT GOOD. WE ARE NOT READY'. Well she was going to be now, hell or high water.

"I made myself the person that Mr. Leroux could talk to when he needed updates, I need to be someone who can give real updates and not watered down ones I hear from someone else."

She put on her best determined face.

She was totally not ready.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm
Jeremiah looked pleased, as much as one could look pleased with a slight relaxing of his expression and his lips twitching upwards a little.

"That can be so, though I will warn you that while Detective Kuroda is an excellent officer, he may not always get you a foot in the door." He could, in fact, get you a door closed in the face. "So, you may want to brush up on your own abilities. Though, feel free to make use of my name if need be. I will back you as needed but I also require regular updates about what you discover."

Considering that he had been part of the community for over fifteen years, Jeremiah was well known and respected (even if he was magic and potentially fae). "Consider this a stepping stone towards getting yourself out there again, Officer Bliskiss."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:33 pm
"I'll plan to bruise a foot jamming it in some doors getting shut then," Fox replied, nodding though really not feeling all the much more confident about it. However, if she had to fake it 'til she made it, she'd do her best. At least this was the kind of thing that hopefully wouldn't start a repeat of...well...

She'd do herself proud this time.

"I'll follow up on what leads I have and then give you an update report after, sir."

Which meant first - Detective Kuroda at least knew who America Jones was. She had an exchange to ask about.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:45 pm
"I assume that Detective Kuroda will be able to give you the address for Miss Jones? Likewise ..." Jeremiah was leaning a moment, going to a business card holder on his desk and flipped through it until he found one for Liam Noor and another Renard Leroux.

There was an address for the Shore mansion on one and Liam's school hours on the other.

"While you may have some of this information, having a business card with it can be quite useful." His head tilted before he looked at her seriously. "Mister Noor and his child are the last scions of the Shore family and, as such, quite important to the community. So I mean it when I say do not hesitate to ask for assistance."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 am
Fox took the cards as they were offered and read over them quickly. She'd be able to use at least half of this information just off the get go. Though her first course of action would be to see if she could follow up with the Shore Daughter - the listed 'last to see him' as far as Fox was concerned.

"Understood, sir." Fox knew the bottom line - be as delicate with the family as possible while being professional. "Anything else I should take to mind before I go?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:46 pm
"Keep me updated," Jeremiah replied, "and mind that you're careful. If you have doubts, have Detective Kuroda go with you." The way he said it implied that he thought magic was likely involved but given that the Shore child was magic-

Well, magic ran in families and while it was not common for it to be parent to child, it did happen.

"When it comes to missing person cases they can, more often than not, pull you into the deep end before you realize it."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 am
"Of course. I'll say on my toes."

Fox took a deep breath to keep herself composed from the internal panic button that was being mashed like it was for a quicktime event. She could do this. She was trained to do this. Why was her heart so anxious?

"I'll get on these leads and contact Detective Kuroda if I need him." Which meant most likely she'd be having him accompany her for a few visits. "Thank you, sir. For the advice," she saluted before heading to the door. She needed to arrange her mishmash of thoughts to make them something to go off of now.

azuredreams

final word count: 737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:18 am
"You're very welcome, Officer Bliskiss." A small nod, his head inclined at the salute and a gestured returned. Then, as a thought came to him ...

"Be mindful of letting Detective Kuroda handle certain people!" he called out, though his voice did not raise or get louder. Jeremiah simply had that calm, always heard, authoritative voice.

Also he meant anyone who was potentially in an emotional state. Shun was a good detective but sometimes he was not good at handling people. At least he was certain that Shun would be able to keep her grounded as necessary.

demon_pachabel
a wrap!

final word count: 665

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Manage Your Items