Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Lusus - it's what's for ... dinner? [Kaldru + Azrael]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was only hunting wabbits!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm
It was a fair night. There were few clouds in the sky, and those that were drifted lazily on lazier currents; the soft gradient into inky black was pleasant, lit by the bright moonlight and making a wonderful setting for an outing. The weather was fair, if cool, though unsurprisingly so given the location; a crispness hung in the air, just gentle enough to not be considered sharp.

"Do you think we'll get anything good today?"

Kaldru leaned back on the branch of the rugged tree he'd scaled, stretching his legs out as he settled on the gnarly limb. A pair of soldier drones from his lusus dutifully marched from his back to his stomach as he relaxed, and he fondly pet them; they clacked their jaws at him fondly, though one of them froze and its beady eyes glinted a bright hue momentarily. He tilted his head as it chittered at him differently, then huffed with a touch of indignance at the accusation that had been given. The shift in color indicated that the drone had received a message, but what was said made the blueblood pout.

"I am not being lazy, Mim! I'm taking a break! I set a lot of traps today. I'll have something great for dinner, just you wait and see!"

The boy had spent most of the early evening wandering the foothills around his hive, checking and setting a number of small traps; he wasn't great yet, by any means, but he did at least know how to set deadfalls and loop snares. It was generally enough to get him something tasty to eat and pelts to practice curing, though he hoped someday to figure out how to hunt properly as well. Right then, however, his feet were tired and his belly running on empty. Nestled high in a tree, drones stationed and watching for any catches he might make, the young troll decided it was time for a snack.

He dug around in the pack at his waist, pulling out a small, hand-tied satchel of smoked featherbeast jerky. He broke off a piece for each drone, then settled back, chewing on it greedily.

saihen
i hope that works for what we talked about, ahaha

quiet delegation

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 am
quiet delegation

It was good to be back in busthind. Azrael had spent so much time studying in civisect that he hadn't been to the mountain he called home in, well, it had been a few sweeps now. The weather was perfect, clear and absolutely perfect for looking for any hapless trolls that had any sort of accident on the mountain. Azrael's lusus scarfettle pulled ahead of him excitedly, pawing at the ground and sniffing things. Azrael chuckled at his lusus' eagerness. "Yes, it has been quite some time hasn't it? it's good to be home...."

Of course, his lusus had grown a lot since the time they had last been in busthind. Scarfettle could no longer ride on Azrael's shoulders and even Scarfettle's head now reached up to Azrael's horns. But, it did not make the dragon any more mature. The blueblood had just reached into his pack when he heard a snap and the sound of his lusus thrashing around. Horrified Azrael ran to the aid of his lusus. "Scarfettl---"

The dragon attempted to pull his snout out of the rope that had snared it. "Oh, let me guess.... you stuck your nose in it to get something, food was it?" Azrael said exasperated. "Sometimes I wonder who the lusus is around here." He pet scarfettle's feathers as he pulled on the loop to see if it would come loose. He removed one of his sickles from the chain on his belt loop. "Honestly..."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm
"Hey! Don't touch that, it's mine!"

A young, obstinate voice rang out from seemingly nowhere, though in truth it came from a bush nearby and, more specifically, a small troll bursting through it. As soon as something had begun sniffing around one of his traps the hidden drone nearby sent the alert out to its sisters, and he'd abandoned his snack (well, put it away) and scrambled down, eager to see what was going to be for dinner that night.

What he didn't expect was another troll stealing his food! Or at least, that's what it seemed like at first as he dashed out into the open, huffing and trying his best to look intimidating. He clearly wasn't, but damn it, he took his traps seriously! They were his!

"That's my -- uh ... that's my trap!"

Kaldru was going to say 'my dinner,' but after a moment of angry surveying two things dawned on him; the first was he'd never seen a beast like that around here, and the second was that it wasn't thrashing around or acting like a captured, wild thing. Instead, it seemed to be waiting patiently on a troll who was definitely not acting worried or violent towards it.

Was it the older one's lusus? How had it gotten stuck in a snare of all things?! The thought made the boy lower his balled fists, and Kaldru tilted his head to one side in confusion.

"... do you need me to unhook it? Who're you? I've never seen you out here! Don't cut that, okay? I don't wanna have to make another one!"

saihen

quiet delegation

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 am
quiet delegation
Super short, sorry :'(

Azrael turned his attention away from his lusus to the voice that shouted claim to the trap. "Is that so..." there may have been a very slight irritation to the older trolls voice, but seeing that the owner of the trap was a young one he decided it was definitely not on purpose. He wasn't willing to clobber a kid that didn't know much better.

While Azrael was distracted with the child Scarfette began trying to pull his snout out of the snare without too much success. "In that case, if you would kindly remove it you would have mine and my lusus gratitude," The dragon let out a throaty growl at the child, obviously ready to start a fight. "You knock that off, he's here to remove the thing, it's your own fault for getting stuck!" with that the large dragon cooled down and lowered his head to let the child unhook it. "Mind you, if harm comes to him I won't hesitate to retaliate in your general direction," warned the older troll as he stroked the feathers of his lusus.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:05 am
"R...retaliate?"

Though the growl had put him off for a monent, Kaldru had approached to do as requested. However, the older troll's apparent threat threw him completely off guard; while the chatty thing had been shooed or told to hush, he'd never really been met with an actual source of violence before. Even if the taller blueblood seemed calm enough, rhe child's lip began to quiver as he hesitated, snare knot still in place (though likely loose enough to get free).

"I d-didn't do nothing wrong!" he declared, eyes watery and wide by then. "Y-you're the ones ruining my getting any dinner! What'm I gonna eat since your lusus probably scared off all the eats around here anyway? I'm just trying to get dinner, I didn't wanna eat your big, scary lusus anyway! You can't beat someone up for being hungry!"

saihen
pfft you dont have to say sorry for that, write what you can write!!

quiet delegation

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:58 pm
quiet delegation

Azrael maintained a stoic appearance as the younger blueblood undid the knot. When loose enough, Azrael pulled the snare off of his Scarfettle's snout and tossed the trap to the younger troll. Without too much fuss, though he did feel sort of bad that the younger troll had misunderstood his intentions.

He examined his lusus for any injury before turning his attention to the young troll. "I did not say I would aggress you immediately for my lusus being stuck, that is his fault and his fault alone not one you could be blamed for," He hooked his weapons back on the chain attached to his belt. Scarfettle meanwhile nuzzled at Kaldru curiously, specifically the patterned fabric. "My warning was if you decided to aggress either of us, be that as it may.... we did disturb your hunting, I would not mind---"

Azrael stopped midway and stared at the fabric Scarfettle had taken such an interest in. it couldn't be, did this kid have any ties with Eridia? Or perhaps just the same taste in fabric. "-- helping you hunt this evening, I am sure I know a better hunting ground than here,"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:23 pm
Kaldru's upset turned into an easy giggle as he was nuzzled, and he curiously pat the other troll's lusus. He didn't like remaining upset, or angry; they were non-productive emotions, in his own lusus' words, and it was better to ignore them or swap them for happiness when possible. He didn't want to be inefficient, did he? So instead he wiped at the moisture under his eyes, missing the odd way he was looked over.

Instead, he perked up at the mention of help, and his features went from half-sullen to bright and smiling in an instant. Help! He loved getting help from others, if only to the end that it meant they were at least somewhat friendly! He clasped his hands together over his chest, rocking on his heels excitedly.

"That would be great!" he exclaimed, though his face flushed in blue soon after, and he cut his eyes to the side in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I trapped your lusus! Um, I mean, it wasn't on purpose, but I wasn't trying to catch anyone. Just dinner! Um ... my name's Kaldru! What's yours? Are you from Busthind? You talk funny~ My lusus is kinda like that. She uses a lot of big words I can't remember ... Where do you like hunting? I mostly just trap stuff! I'm not so great at active hunting..."

With the momentary tension passed, the floodgate apparently opened for the younger troll's endless questions and chatter.

saihen
ok i did it before i left work l o l

quiet delegation

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 pm
quiet delegation

The time it took for the younger troll to go from tears to giggles was, frankly, very impressive. As far as Azrael had known, no one was that fast at turning their attitude around. But, the barrage of questions that followed soon after was a bit overwhelming for Azrael. He cleared his throat to get the young trolls attention before he spoke.

He ruffled the young troll's hair affectionately, "You are forgiven, It was my lusus being naive that got him trapped, no intention of your own, if anything I should thank you for this valuable lesson, were you a more skilled hunter Scarfettle could have been in trouble," he explained and reached into one of his large coat pockets.

"Yes, I live here in busthind, though I have been working in civisect as of late, my name is Azrael Mortis," he pulled out a small notebook and jot down some notes about Kaldru before sticking the book back in his pocket. So this kid was probably not too great at fighting. That might make things slightly more dangerous, he'd always fought his prey rather than using traps.

"Well in that case, hmmm.... you may stay with scarfettle unless you feel you are capable of helping," Azrael began walking in the direction he remembered, perhaps a boar or two would suffice?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 pm
The ruffling of his hair only made Kaldru giggle more, and even if Azrael's stilted speech was 'weird' to him, he appreciated the gesture. He was glad to know the older troll wasn't hostile, nor mad at the incident; the little blueblood hated getting off on the wrong foot, so to speak, and he was glad the wrinkle was able to be smoothed before it got bigger.

"Civisect!" he exclaimed, eyes going wide. "I've never been to Civisect. I've never been to New Hemisect, either! There must be so many trolls there, and lots of stuff to do! What --"

Kaldru actually paused, cutting off as the teen began to move and mentioned him staying with the lusus. He pouted a little bit, but did follow along.

"I wanna help!" he declared stubbornly. "It's my dinner too! I don't wanna be useless. Even if I just gotta be bait or something!"

He laughed at the idea; what would want to eat him? (The answer, of course, was plenty of things - but he wasn't exactly aware of that, just yet.)

saihen

quiet delegation

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:05 pm
quiet delegation

"Then, by all means come along," He would do his best to watch the kid, but it was a place he'd gone to when he was this troll's age so he hardly thought there was much to worry about.

"Hmm, while I can't say the cities are my favorite places to live, I much prefer the open space of busthind, I can say they are very nice to visit, I have friends in both so I tend to visit often and sight see, that's probably my favorite part," Azrael said as he continued walking. Scarfettle tagged along close behind the two bluebloods.

"I dare say, they are worth a visit at least at some point," Azrael gave a gentle smile as he said this.  
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games