Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:17 pm
It was a normal day. It was a normal, rainy day. Well. Sleety day. There was sleet. The non-emergency line was full of grandmothers and, like, old veterans, complaining because of the ice ban. Who was going to get them to the grocery store if they couldn't be on the road? Didn't they know how inconvenient it was?

There was one call that was not that. The person on the other end of the line had a faint drawl, like a southern accent several many years removed.

"Hello," said the person on the other end of the line. "I would like to report a missing person."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:29 pm
"Yes, I apol- yes, I apologize for the inconvenience."

"I apologize, there's nothing I can do about that."

"No, I'm afraid I don't have an officer who can come help you get to the grocery store right now."

"Yes, I know I should go catch the refrigerator, very funny Samson. I'm going to call your mother if you do this again."

Fox had been handling the line for long enough that she knew what to expect on most days. The unfair weather had been enough to make her cancel her morning practice at the firing range in lieu of walking to work and grabbing a nice coffee on the way in instead, still half soaked now as she handled the dispatch line and took small sips of her drink-for-the-soul.

She personally hadn't handled a missing person call in since being in Ashdown, though. The voice wasn't one she could place (looking at you, Samson), Fox thought as she pulled up the form on her computer. Thank goodness for forms.

"Okay," Ma'am? Sir? She wasn't sure she could place it, "The Ashdown Police Department is going to do everything they can to help you, I'm just going to need to take down some details from you so we know who we're looking for." she explained in her calmest voice (impressive when 6 shots of espresso were planning to send you time travelling). "Who is missing?" she asked first. The easiest of questions.

shibrogane

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:37 pm
"Of course." He sounded very calm. This was important to note: he sounded very calm. In fact he was pacing outside his house and keeping his voice down because his daughter was an all-powerful demigod who would probably freak out to learn her papa was gone. "My husband," said Renard. He did have a very questionable voice. It was like, a high tenor? Anyway. "Liam Noor. He's a professor at the local college." He seemed pretty calm about it. "What else do you need to know?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:44 pm
Fox, in turn, did her best to sound calm. She began to type into her computer. "Okay," she briefly pondered if the college's website would have a picture of Liam, but knew better than to assume on that, "Can I get a description of your Liam? Color of hair, eyes, skin, weight, height, build, anything that is particularly distinguishing about him such as tattoos or scars? Also can you tell me when you saw him last?"

She buckled in for a small game of 20 questions. At least Fox would keep them in small batches as to not overwhelm Renard with I need to know everything all at once.

shibrogane

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 pm
"His hair is black but going gray," said Renard. Very calm. Soooooooo calm. "Green eyes. He's pale? But of Egyptian descent." Make of THAT what you will. "About five foot ten and a hundred and fifty pounds. No tattoos. He has a scar between his ribs... he was stabbed once." He fell silent for a moment, and then picked up as if he hadn't. "And one on his right arm. He broke it and the bone came through. Quarter sized, towards the outside of his forearm."

There was another pause. "Sonny, please stay inside," he said, but it was faint, like he had a hand over the receiver. Then he was back. "I last saw him two days ago. My daughter says she hasn't seen him for a day and a half. I called the university; he didn't show up for his morning classes today, or a six-hour lab he was supposed to teach on Saturday."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm
As Renard made his description, Fox quickly typed out the fields as accurately as possible. It was Monday. Internally she cursed popular media and their '48 hours before they're actually missing!!!!' line. This wasn't the case. She wouldn't tell Renard he could have called sooner, though. It wasn't his fault. No need to stress out someone who was doing their best to be calm. Especially when it sounded like they had someone else nearby that they were likely staying calm for.

"What was he wearing when you last saw him? Did he take anything particular with him when he left - a different bag than usual, a hat, anything small like that? Are there places in particular he would frequent?" she was going to have to get a list of phone numbers before long so follow up could happen, as well as a few photos for their reference.

"Is his usual vehicle missing as well? Is there a description we should be looking out for?"

shibrogane

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:16 pm
Renard was quiet for a minute. Then he said, "Khakis and a green button-down. He has a purple hoodie he likes that is gone from his usual spot. I work Saturdays in Boston, so..." He hesitated. "No, nothing unusual. He did lend an item of personal significance to him to someone recently... An antique book."

He sighed. "I've checked with everyone that I suspected he might be visiting. It's unlike him to stay away from home for so long; our daughter has..." He hesitated again. "Special needs." The way he said it meant magical ability. "This isn't like him," he repeated, and there was the first hint of distress in his voice. "He wouldn't leave without telling me."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:28 pm
There was that first change in tone. It was always difficult to hear someone worry about a loved one. Fox frowned and was silent for a moment. 'Don't talk on the phone while frowning' she'd been told. People can hear the frowns. She also made sure to not direct her deep breath into the phone. Renard didn't need to hear what could have sounded like sighing in such a stressful time. She pulled up her bootstraps a little bit to put the energy back in her voice.

"Of course. I just want to give our officers as many leads as possible." she answered, looking over the form she'd been filling out in the computer. "May I ask whom he loaned this book to?" she inquired, voice purposely gentle. "Also, for my purposes, may I get the best number to contact you with when we find anything? I am Officer Fox Bliskiss - Badge Number 14377 and you can always follow up with me if you have need of it."

She quickly moused over her information, to see what else she could possibly be missing. "If you get an opportunity, we," she paused, "I would like it if I could get a picture to attach to this. If it doesn't trouble you to bring one down to email or fax me one."

Shibrogane

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm
"America Jones," said Renard. "I'm afraid I don't know her address or phone number. His phone is gone." He gave his numbers--cell phone and work-hours phone--and was quiet for a minute. Writing down Fox's information, probably. "I can take one down later today, once I've secured someone to watch my daughter. Thank you very much, Officer Bliskiss."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Fox wrote 'AMERICA JONES' down on a notepad in front of her, then underneath it noted - 'See if you can find their contact information somehow'. Perhaps a little out of step for her, but it was an excuse as much as anything. It was set aside as she finished filling out contact information into the computer and after hitting 'submit' also made a point to print out a few copies. One for her desk, one to take through the proper channels.

"Of course, sir. It's my pleasure and I hope we can resolve this as quickly as possible." she paused briefly. "If it ends up being more convenient, you can always call back and I can come to you."

shibrogane

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:08 pm
"Yes," said Renard. "I'll do that. Thank you." He sounded... relieved?

"Have a good evening," he said, and then he hung up. Presumably to go talk to his daughter some more. Or something.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:12 pm
Fox looked at the sheet she'd printed and her own handwritten notes. She'd need to follow up on half of that, but first of all - she had a missing person to start the search for.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces