[PRP]Bok bok chicken wok [Fitzpatricks/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:51 am
It had been awhile since Shun last dropped by Leila's residence. Pretty much the last time had been before the whole world shift. He was hardly a social person, but he figured he should probably stop by for a visit at some point. And since he wasn't too busy right now, he figured today was as good of a day as any.

He baked another batch of square cookies.

The only thing was that getting there was a bit more of a pain as he couldn't yet drive himself. But he found his way.

And so here he was at their door, knocking.

Cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:38 pm
Shun would be greeted with Julian's smiling face a moment later, as he opened the door. "It's Mr. Kuroda! I haven't seen you in a while," he greeted. "Since that time with Finch Satan. Weren't there square cookies that time, too? You're consistent -- anyway, I'm sure Leila is okay with me letting you in."

Leila had taken the opportunity to borrow Julian's Gamecube from out of his room, and had set it up in the living room for the hell of it. She was using it to play Shadow the Hedgehog. It was one of the most ridiculous things she had ever seen, and she was enthralled by it. However, she was polite enough to pause it and wave Shun all the way into the living room when she noticed him being led inside.

"Kuroda, hey! I haven't seen you much, on account of the change of employment," she greeted. "How's it been?"

blade kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:24 pm
Shun paused upon seeing Julian. For one thing, he seemed more cheerful than the last time he had seen him.

The other was that suddenly he had the overwhelming sensation that this was a fetch he was dealing with. He was going to need to inform Leila of this.

"...Thank you, Julian," he nodded upon making his way in.

"Leila. Good to see you as well. The change in your employment was... unexpected to say in the least," he remarked before glancing to the TV. Wait was that...?

Cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:16 pm
"No kidding," Leila snorted agreeably. "It means I missed all the holiday parties. You make it to any of those?"

Julian had settled back onto a sofa and was gazing into his phone with the camera on selfie mode. He was making weird faces and pinching and pulling lightly at the skin of his cheeks and jawline, as if he were fascinated to have human flesh.

melancholies

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 pm
"I only went to Jeremiah's. I figured it was going to be considerably... quieter than the alternatives. I am not much of a party person in the slightest."

He cast a quick glance at Julian, then offered the small box of cookies to Leila.

"...Might I have a quick word with you? In private."

Cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am
Leila's expression turned more respectful when Shun requested a word with her. It sounded a little serious. Granted, the detective always sounded serious. "Sure, we can go out back," she replied. Before leading him across the main room, past the dining table and out the sliding glass door, she made sure to grab herself a small stack of cookies.

It was only a little chilly outside. Leila's chickens were moseying about their part of the yard in a loose cluster, with the lavender Ophelia trailing out to the side a bit. Valiant was perched proudly on top of the coop, and Biscuit bounded happily over to greet her human partner the second she heard the back door open. Leila was glad enough to oblige: she lifted up her large familiar in her arms, and Biscuit didn't appear to mind her legs dangling freely underneath her.

"Okay, I'm all ears," she said as Biscuit settled happily in her embrace. "What's on your mind?"

She couldn't read minds, thank ******** goodness.

blade kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:07 pm
Shun nodded and followed Leila outside, where there were... chickens. He had not yet seen the chickens, so he was a little thrown off guard by the sight of them. He tilted his head at the hens, then turned his attention back to Leila.

"This was not the reason why I stopped by, but more of something I realized upon coming here," he started before taking in a deep breath. He wasn't sure how Leila would take the news, "But the boy in the house is not Julian. It is a fetch. I am certain of it."

Cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 pm
"Oh, we knew that," replied Leila nonchalantly. "Sorry you didn't get the memo. Julian and Lady talked out the whole thing with us."

blade kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm
"Oh. Okay."

Well, that was good then. While Melany and Ezra were somewhat missing from the court, he had been concerned another snatching had taken place.

"In that case... carry on."

Cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:08 pm
Leila's grin returned at the lack of a mysterious emergency at hand, for once. "By the way, I have more psychic powers now, so... the amount of space you already give me is good, actually. It's made it a little hazardous to touch me unless you're an animal or something. Isn't that right, sweetie?"

The last bit was for Biscuit, who croaked serenely at the attention. The other hens were congregating around their caretaker's ankles, creaking at each other in chickenese.

"Sorry if the situation with Julian makes things uncomfortable for you. I'm pretty sure he's harmless, as far as fetches go anyway. It's like he's just too excited to be human to put a good act on. You think you can humor him?"

Blade Kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:14 pm
Shun tilted his head at this bit of information.

"...Good to know. Do you read minds upon touch or something?" he asked.

Back on the topic of Julian, he nodded once. That explained the fact that he had seemed to be somewhat... excitable? There were far worse things to be as far as fetches went. His encounters with Beel and Jeremiah's fetch came to mind in particular.

"I suppose so," he said while running a hand through his hair, "Still, I would take care to not lower one's guard too much."

Cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:01 pm
Shun's question about Leila's abilities made her shake her head. "Other way around. I can send people information. Works easier when you're closer, but if you're touching me you end up reading my mind."

She was appreciative, but unconcerned about the possible dangers having a fetch in the house can bring. "I can make myself weigh like eight hundred pounds. If we see or hear about any trouble I'll sit on him."

"Alright... I think I know what's going on here, Detective," said 'Julian.'

The sliding glass door had never been closed. Leila gritted her teeth.

Blade Kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm
That sounded... less useful. He could definitely see why she would prefer to have no contact in that case. Shun liked his own space so she didn't really have to worry so much about him reading her thoughts.

Before he could comment about Leila sitting upon Julian, he turned as the fetch came by.

His eyes narrowed a bit while he folded his arms and regarded him.

"Yes?"

Cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 pm
"Yeah, I've found you out," said Julian.

Then he picked up Miss Snooty-Toots and turned to Shun with an honest smile. The white hen seemed as pleased with the attention as a chicken could look. "People around the neighborhood come by a lot to meet the chickens," he continued. "But you wanted to ask Leila about holding one in private because you were embarrassed about it, weren't you?"

He stepped closer and stretched his arms out a little, enough so that the detective could take the large bird and hold her himself. "I understand. I worry about whether people are taking me seriously all the time. It's okay, though! Go on, Toots is really friendly. She probably already likes you, and I can guarantee she's never summoned a demon."

Blade Kuroda

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 pm
Shun lifted his head. He remained as poker faced as ever. But then Julian was way off the mark with what they had been talking about. And now he had a chicken being offered to him. Blinking, he slowly took the bird into his arms.

"Ah... well that is good. I was a little worried that there might be a chicken satan running around now..." he muttered.

Did Finch Satan ever steal the food from these chickens? That thing had an insatiable appetite.

"But as you said, you found me out. Good work."

Cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas