Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[SRP] As it Stands (Suu, Havase, Destati)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:54 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image
(State of play, Havase and Suu update Des on Spectre...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 am
"Well...?" Destati didn't even lift his gaze from his war table as the pair slipped into the cave. It had been a long day for them all, one filled with set backs, though for very different reasons. As it stood, Destati had been able to actively plan for the scourge's next assault and this didn't look set to change. While he and his son may have come to the same conclusion regarding their location, it had been a revelation so simple as 'not here'. The area was simply too bright, so filled with light from both the moon and the fireflies, it was something that could arguably considered a sanctuary.

"The news is not good," Havase replied simply, electing to break the silence between the pair of green lions. Both had been hard at work, almost exhausted as they attempted to breakthrough the defenses of whatever affliction had fallen upon their friend. However despite their best efforts they had only had limited success. There were brief moments of clarity, fleeting seconds in which he seemed to settle and then it was gone again... replaced by the now familiar babbling of a lion who wanted nothing more than to keep running for his life.

"He will not eat, nor will he drink," Suu'marle clarified and shook her head slowly. "He doesn't know who we are, I'm beginning to suspect that even in those brief instances of calm there is no familiarity," she released a small sigh and settled by the doorway with her lips pursed and gaze lowered. "I'm not sure what's wrong with him..."

Her voice was gentle as she continued to regard the back of the Justicar, though it was often impossible to tell what he might be thinking. More often than not he seemed to wait for the full briefing before he provided any form of reaction. To anyone else, it would have been just a touch disconcerting. Fortunately, the Collective had been around him for long enough to appreciate that this prevented any hostile reactions without merit.

"All we have managed to conclude so far is that whatever toxins he came into contact with during the attack left his system long ago," Havase picked up where the lioness left off and cleared his throat. "So any attempts to cleanse the toxins from his system would prove moot," he stated the obvious, though he knew he was safe to do so. "If it is a toxin that has lasted this long, then it is one that we have never seen before... and as it stands we simply do not have the bandwidth to try and pursue an antidote."

"I'm confident it's not a toxin," Suu'marle murmured and shook her head slowly. "When the assault against Spectre occurred we knew of every toxin they had access to; this is something different," she lifted her paw to tap it gently against her forehead. "It's as though the lion we're dealing with isn't Spectre. He might look like him and exhibit the same strengths, but the mind is different...the personality, his very soul isn't what it was..."

"It's rare that I hear either of you say that something is outside of the realms of your abilities," Destati finally turned round to face the pair of lions and pressed his lips together into a thin line. To say he was disappointed was an understatement, but he certainly couldn't hold either of them accountable for. Whatever had happened to Spectre was so far from the realms of their understanding, even his, that it was clear that they were missing a very fundamental piece of the puzzle.

His collective hadn't been recruited for their medical abilities, the fact that Suu'marle and Havase had even attempted to pursue a cure for their comrade was admirable. However it seemed that on this occasion they had failed and there was little else that could be done for him. It left them all in a very uncomfortable position, one that required hard choices to be made, or at least that was what the pessimistic would assume.

"You have a suggestion," he said finally as he glanced between the pair. "I can see it in your eyes..."

Words (Des): 292
Words (Suu): 214
Words (Havase): 194

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:34 am
"You said that he had family, yes...?" Havase hazarded and pursed his lips. While Destati had elected to say nothing in response, the very slight nod confirmed that Havase's recollection was correct. "Based on his current state and the period in which they were born in, it is likely that he will recognise them," he pointed out. "Theoretically speaking they might be able to calm him, and if we can get him to settle we may be able to work more closely with him," he remarked.

"As it stands, we have to keep using a variety of toxins to keep him still," Suu'marle confessed and shook her head. "Despite his weakened state he remains dangerous, but I don't believe our continued 'abuse' of his being will do us any favours," she continued. Truth be told, whoever Spectre was now, was already beginning to associate them with prison guards. They were in place to torture him, to make him struggle and to bring him pain. Even if there had been even a sliver of recognition, it wouldn't serve them well now. If anything that recognition could be warped into something that would make things worse rather than better...

"At the moment he's heavily sedated," Havase grimaced. "Adar has placed him in a warm region of the warrens with enough light to settle him just a touch, but that paranoia isn't shifting," he paused and took a breath. "Not only that but Adar has been very careful to remain out of sight, but his very 'presence' seems to be causing something to happen to Spectre -" Havase frowned.

Truth be told he knew Spectre had abilities, but no one had ever really explained what those abilities were to him. Beyond the fact the lion was exceedingly strong, Havase had nothing else to go on.

"It's his visions," Destati explained, causing the pair to look up in surprise. "Spectre has a unique sight, he was born with it," Destati raised his paw to tap beneath his eyes. "His sight renders Ni'it all but useless in comparison, when it can be utilised correctly," Destati continued and turned back to look at his table and the pawns that lay strewn about it. All along, Spectre had been one that he hadn't been able to use, but one he so desperately needed.

...In a manner of speaking, even Destati fought blind at this moment in time.

"He sees what we seek, what he seeks," he lifted up the little stone that was meant to represent the glowing, ethereal lion and sighed. "We never had to chase after the scourge when he was whole, he would sleep and dream of where they lurked within their warrens," he glanced over his shoulder again. "After that, it was only a matter of ensuring that Adar was installed within their ranks to ensure they could be monitored," he set the rock down again and shook his head.

"Requesting assistance from his family is unlikely to go well for us; I only know of two of them, and one I am not entirely sure is ready to see him," he grimaced, his jaw tightening. After all, one of his family, was one that Destati now considered his family.

"The other... I am not certain of where his other children are, there is only one that I know of, and I am not sure he has the capacity to tame him."

"I would still advise that we try," Suu'marle insisted.

"I would be in agreement; if we don't try it, then he may be completely lost to everyone, not just us," Havase stated. "At which point we may have no choice but to put him out of his misery."

"Please let us try," Suu'marle gazed at the Justicar imploringly and tilted her head to the side. "By now I'm sure his children have the capacity to tend to him, or their mother," she continued and glanced over her shoulder as she heard the disturbed murmurs of the unsettled lion. He wouldn't move, he didn't have the ability to do so at this moment, but his pained groans were still difficult for even her to ignore. Suffice it to say that when the one in pain was someone you cared for, it was far more difficult to accept.

"Even if there is a way for us to settle him in his current state, at least we can be sure we've done everything," she pointed out. "We may lose him for our cause, but he deserves a chance, after everything that's happened..."

"His mate doesn't need to know," Destati murmured at last, aware of how poorly the divine being would take Spectre's current condition. "Find me his son," he ordered and closed his eyes. "His name is Solomon, he resides in the Bahari'mtoto," he added and turned away from the pair once more.

"...My son will know who he is."

Words (Desi): 328
Words (Suu): 261
Words (Havase): 231

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 am
Suu'marle exchanged glances with Havase as the pair were effectively dismissed. They had gotten what they had come for at least, permission to pursue the assistance of Spectre's existing family. Provided that they could find them, both she and Havase were confident that it would turn the tides and go a long way towards helping him recover. While she still wasn't confident it would bring their Spectre back, it might at least bring him some comfort and security that he so desperately needed.

...Hell, if she could get the damn lion to eat she would be satisfied.

"I'll go," Havase stated and placed his paw on the lioness's shoulder. A warm smile lay on his lips, one spurred on by a renewed sense of confidence. It would be safe to assume that the entire Collective were of the same view. They may not get their friend back, but if they could help him then they would. However Suu'marle was in no position to leave the lion's side, he needed her to remain sedated, and truthfully, she was needed to keep the slumbering noble under control as well.

"I'll find him," he promised and slipped out of the cave. He already had a plan in mind, but for it, he was definitely going to have to make use of Tethys. It was something that the Justicar's son was used to, or at least he should have been by now. However in the given circumstances, Havase would argue that this was the first time in which he had been required to do anything of such significance...

Words (Suu): 99
Words (Havase): 167

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:44 am
Total Word Count
Destati: 620
Suu'marle: 574
Havase: 592

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff