Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[Oba] Returning to an old home(Shade, Dex, Kyril, Koril) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:04 pm
Cornetified

Oba.

Shadiya wasn’t unfamiliar with the area since she had been here several times in the past few months, but she was not used to having company with her. Her family, in particular, was definitely a new addition that she had to get used to while walking up towards the manor that she had inherited. At the gates the dancer smiled at her husband and squeezed his hand one last time, “Well here we are. This was my home once upon a time ago.” She tapped at the gate, something left unlocked this time, and actually smiled as the iron hinges moved inwards. Once before the whole courtyard had been a lush garden with exotic flowers and even a big fountain but now it was barren with only the stone fountain remaining.

“We’ll work on fixing this up.” Shadiya commented quietly as she crouched down along the stone path and pointed out the bud of a flower, “I had some help come and plant seeds again so hopefully the place with bloom.” She shook her head, her long crimson curls spilling down her back, “Not that I even know what to do with this place, but still at least you all can see what it once was.” Nervously she peeked back towards her husband and children, “I hope…it’s not too displeasing to the eye as it is.” Perhaps that was only for her. After all her memories were full of a lively place flooded with colors and music. Now it was just a shell waiting to be restored. At least her uncle had kept the building in shape – he had just made certain to get rid of the colorful décor and flowers instead. Just the memory of him made Shadiya clutch at her skirts. She truly hoped that she never had to see his face again.

That was why she much preferred living in Matori to Oba. Even with the prospects of making her home her own again the woman had shied away. This was not her life anymore after all – yes she could become “Oban” again, but she was much more than some sheltered girl now. She was someone who could enjoy the world and live freely with those she loved.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:05 pm
Kyril followed after her mother apprehensively. Ever since she had heard about the ‘incident’ the girl had been in shock. Her mother was a noble lady chased away from her only home? It honestly sounded like some romance story a bard would sing at the festivals. Such a thought made the hybrid smile. Was her home going to be pretty? Was it grand and elegant? Would they get to find many hidden secrets there? Only time would tell right?

Of course as they finally arrived in Oba the girl had been eager to find out everything. So this was what the great country of sand was like! Despite the strange stares the girl just found herself raising her chin at any biased stranger. She was far better than them and refused to bow down to any teasing or judgmental looks. In fact they could all go do some of those things that the sailors talked about along the coast of Matori! Not that she would dare speak such language out loud, but it was still there in her mind as she narrowed her gaze and dragged her brother along after her. She was going to have none of that nonsense!

But now that they were finally here in front of the manor the girl fell quiet. This place was like some ancient temple, barren and silent of life. Could this really be the place her mother had told her about while they traveled here? It was grand, but Kyril felt her smile slipping. “It’s seems so empty.” She admitted quietly to her brother, “What do you think, Koril?” What sort of person had her mother’s uncle been in order to make such a lively sounding place seem so dead?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm
The walk into Oba set Dexurn on edge. He could still remember his time living there too clearly, and couldn't help associating it with the past. Oba was still Oba; only the rules within it had changed. Even with the rule changes, he knew that some of the old Oba remained... He had made a point of telling the kids to stay close and keep together. His wife was never outside of arm's reach. He knew he must have seemed smothering, but he'd nearly lost them all before...

The squeeze to his hand brought his focus to the sad smile in Shade's eyes. This had once been a happy place for Shade. He should not taint it any further than Shade's uncle had with his own inner scars. "It has a lot of potential," he said encouragingly, giving Shade a small smile in return.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Though he noticed most of the stares, both subtle and not-so-subtle, Koril was too enchanted with what was new to really care. The coarse sand under his feet! The strange buildings! The dryness of the air! Mama's people! He held his sister's hand and pointed out just about everything he saw with excitement.

When his red eyes landed on the old mansion, his lips pursed into a frown. "Empty," he agreed quietly before looking to Shade. "Are we gonna live here, mom?" Their house back in Matori would fit into this place! That thought made his concern flip on its head to feeling excited. "Am I gonna get my own room now?"

Sabra Knight

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Shadiya stayed close to Dexurn's side. The woman had noticed the subtle shifts in his protective stances and how just entering the city had made him drift closer to his family. It was hard on him and the realization made her stomach clench. Perhaps it would have been best to just leave her home alone, a sacrifice to time and change. But just the memories of what had been kept breaking her heart to the point that even if they never stayed long at the residence she still wished to do something with it.

"It does?" Shadiya slowly smiled at the small encouragement, "I hope so." She laced her fingers tightly with Dexurn's in support, "Not that we have to live here - you know me I much prefer the ocean waves as my lullaby." Though she did watch Koril with a laugh, "Your own room? I suppose if we did live here you could have two rooms even if you wanted, but I don't know if that's going to be the case. Still, if you and your sister want to look around you can. Your father and I will be on the estate as well so please don't go beyond the house itself."

She leaned against her mate with a small sigh, "Don't worry. No harm will come to anyone while they are here - my home is empty, truly." Shadiya's gaze sought out Dexurn's own, "While they wander perhaps we can look around and talk about things as well?" The children were older now and she had resolved her family conflicts so things were changing once more. Honestly Shadiya wanted to see something different - perhaps a bit of travel was in order? And she had to be honest with Dexurn, he had to see all that she inherited by touring the home and also by seeing the estate's log books and the locked room that held her recently recovered assets.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:08 pm
Cornetified

Living here? Kyril pursed her lips at her brother's question. She hadn't really thought about such a thing. But would they? She saw her mother's reaction to the question and the girl had a faint smile. It seemed even their parents didn't know what the future held. Truly though what sort of family secret was this? If only her mother had admitted she was a noble from the first place! Kyril could only imagine all of the goodies that they could have had then instead of having to do chores constantly for a treat.

Grinning at the teasing thought, Kyril tugged at her brother's hands. "Let's go look around Koril. I wanna see everything!" Even if it seemed a bit empty that didn't mean it wasn't a huge place. And who knew? Maybe the inside had more to offer than the empty courtyard. Kyril could only hope!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm
Dex nodded in agreement. He had come to love the sounds of the water. To be stuck listening to the empty winds of Oba each night again... Gods, he had thought he was over this... He looked back at the children with a small smile as well. This land was new to their eyes. He didn't wish to sully their wide-eyed views. Though, Koril could use a little less wide-eye wonder for his own sake...

The suggestion that the kids look around did make his chest tighten nervously, but Shade seemed certain. "Don't leave the house," he reinforced out loud, watching them as they scurried off. Letting his breath out slowly, he kissed the top of Shadiya's head. "Let's look around then. We can figure out what you want done with this place."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:07 pm
Koril's lips pursed into a pout, but he nodded with understanding. Surely, the house would feel far too big after a while, and he would miss the waters of the ocean...

His brow rose when Kyril tugged his hand, and he instantly smiled. "We'll stay!" he called back absentmindedly to his parents before following along. "I wonder if we'll find anything here that used to be mom's! I mean, other than the whole house!"

Sabra Knight

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Shadiya squeezed her husband's hand, "Don't worry." She whispered again before standing on tiptoe to kiss his cheek, "Let's go. There's a side entrance we can use while the children go and explore the main halls." She tugged at his hand lightly as she divided them from Koril and Kyril.

As they walked the woman's hands trailed gently over the stone work, "It's strange seeing how empty this place can be." She paused and pointed towards a side area, "My favorite flowers used to be grown there. They were purple with orange tips and had a heavenly aroma." Shadiya flushed lightly, "I suppose I was a bit too innocent at the time since I thought the death of those flowers towards the end of the season was the worst thing possible at one point." She definitely had been a spoiled child - that was for certain.

"Honestly Dexurn..." Shadiya bit her bottom lip before looking back up at her love, "I miss this place, but that's because I miss my family. I would have done anything to bring my parents back at one point, but I know that's not possible. I do, however, wish to bring some life back to this place. We don't have to live here, but I do want to fix up the building with some of my inheritance and turn it into something...a place for those in need to live. I just don't know exactly who to attract here." She shook her head lightly, "Maybe I should fix it up and then we can travel for a bit to just clear our minds and see the world. Do you think the children would like that - to travel with us again back towards Sauti?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:00 pm
Cornetified

Kyril who had noticed the pout managed to whisper to Koril, "You know even if we don't stay here mom surely can always afford a manor on the beach for us. I'll ask her to make your room bigger than mine." She teased lightly as they walked along. As they walked up towards the main doors the girl took a breath. Here they were. Pushing Kyril watched as the decorative doors swung inwards with a thud. "Wow." The hallway seemed to stretch forever and there was even a grand staircase. She had seen something like this in a story book before! Who knew it could actually exist?

"Where do we actually begin?" Kyril waltzed quickly into the hallway, her footsteps echoing throughout the empty space. It was all stone and the floors seemed to shimmer and there surely had been great art pieces on the walls. She could still see some hanging here and there with tapestries while other spaces were empty with outlines of what used to hang there. Her mother had such a huge home~!  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:08 pm
Dex couldn't help a last glance at the children before following Shadiya. Then he was watching Shade. She looked contemplative, thoughtful.. sad. Of course, this was her home once. While his image of Matori had been a fantasy that let him down initially, Shade's images of this place were real, and the pain of seeing it different than her memories were real.

He gave her hand a squeeze at the mention of her family, but remained quiet to listen. The idea of living here was.. unsavory. So, when Shade brought up making it into a shelter, he smiled brightly. "That sounds like a great idea," he assured, looking around a little for a new point of view. "There are definitely folks out there needing a place."

He looked over at the next mention of travel with the children. Dex cocked his head slightly before smiling again. "Yeah. They're old enough to travel now, and I'm sure they would enjoy Sauti like we do."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:15 pm
Koril brightened up brightly. "A bigger house by the ocean! That sounds awesome!" Blushing slightly, he gave his sister's hand a squeeze. "It's okay. Our rooms can be the same size."

Once inside, he couldn't help gawking with his mouth a little open. This place was impossible! Mama's family had lived here by themselves once? Giggling, he darted up the broad staircase to get the view from the second floor. "Right here!" Pointing at the first floor from above, he was entranced with the decorative patterns made with the stones. "Even the floor is pretty!"

Sabra Knight

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 pm

She was relieved to see his smile. I suppose that means I chose right. The woman beamed back at her lover as she squeezed his hand in return. If there was something she had learned from the past years it was that the Matori at her side was her world, he was her family, her love, and her life. She didn't need a fancy home as long as she could crawl into his arms at night. That in itself was the best sanctuary in the whole world for Shadiya. It had gotten her through so much and had supported her to becoming who she was today.

"Then I'll have it set up. Maybe I'll make it into a dance school or something." She smiled faintly, "Would be ironic to bring dancing and laughter to the halls that my uncle thought would never be bright again." She bumped her hip against Dexurn's playfully, "But I guess he was wrong." Wrong about a lot of things. She was so thankful that she had managed to get him out of her home and even more thankful that he was out of her life and away from her cherished family. No longer would she hide in the shadows.

Shadiya nodded happily as she pressed closer to Dexurn and snaked an arm around his waist, "Definitely. I know they love Matori, but we should show them the rest of the world! Would be nice to get some fresh air and just have some family time without working so much." She winked, "At least that's something we dont' have to worry about as much anymore. So why not take a family vacation?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm
Cornetified

Kyril laughed at her brother's reactions. It truly didn't take much did it? The hybrid girl smiled before waving him on, "Alright well let's see how big our rooms have to be. Gotta match mom's old rooms right?" She teased playfully as they headed further inside.

"Ooooh, you're right!" Kyril gawked a bit herself as she leaned over the banister to glance down at the floor, "It looks like flowers. No wonder mom was so in awe of her childhood place!" She could only imagine living here! With a sparkling gaze the girl twisted in a small circle, "Just imagine if we had parties in here, Koril!"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm
Dex chuckled lightly. A dance school. That sounded fitting for Shade. Watching her contemplate, he gave her an encouraging smile. "This place deserves to be warm again." His only comparison to see in his head was the image of the parties his old master had held at the house. This place looked like it could have been just as grand...

Not worrying about having to work as much... Wow, that was a weird thought. He'd never done anything but work. "They'll benefit a lot from it, too." He smirked a little at Shade. "Better make sure they do odd jobs while we're out as well. Just because we have a bit of extra money now doesn't mean they get out of learning honest work."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff