Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Checking up (Rep + Legacies) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Creation had been trapped and yet still everyone, including Harrison was kids. It had been a week, a really really long ******** week frankly and Rep was beginning to wonder if all of this was permanent and he'd get to be one of the oldest ******** on peter pan's goddamn island of children.

He'd come back to the Death Office, not because he thought there were any answers there but because he felt a little comforted by the place, as if it was somewhere that solutions to problems came from.

Plus he hadn't seen Mark in a bit and wanted to make sure he was still alive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:48 pm
Rep's phone begin to ring once, twice-  

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Rep's phone actually ringing was a rarity, most of the time it was tweets or texts. He picked up hesitantly.

"Hey?"

He was immediately worried that Harrison was in trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 pm
Instead, Rep got what was notably Mark talking to someone else.

"No seriously, Lucky took it, and I think he put it in my desk?" There was the sound of wind howling, as if Mark was walking at some breakneck pace, or just standing dramatically on the top of a cliff for some reason. "Wait so, is everyone stuck like this, because like, let me tell you now how much of not my fault it is."

- From the window, Rep could now see the Death assistant and his lead, still looking considerably shorter than usual, heading towards the main office. It was very easy to tell that the latter was probably feeling like his usual self as he angrily pushed over some errant kids lounging on the fields, spent around a minute or so lecturing them, here Rep could catch the words 'useless' and 'waste my time'- and then Mark was saying something like "I think Rep's still in the office-" before the phone cut off.

Both of them looked up at the window of the office.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Rep hung up the phone, made a very blank expression - none of this was his fault either - and waved to Mark and Cael from the window.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm
Both of them opted to take the stairs and long route into the building, and Mark could be heard rambling the closer they got down the hallway.

"-and like, that's about it really. Unless you count the time Caroline almost made out with me. Wait, do n***s count as making out becaus-"

- Suddenly silence.

Nobody had fixed the barricade to not be a barricade.

Through the comfy broken desks and walls of the barricade, Rep could see Mark running away.

xBaneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Rep didn't think anything of the mess, given that he was a hoarder who lived in a huge tidal wave of broken s**t and rancid mugs without too much of a problem with it. He didn't even consider the barricade might be a problem until he spotted Mark making a break for it.

Ah s**t he thought.

"Sir!" he called out from the other side, getting behind Cael's (intact if a little cluttered) desk as a sort of shield. "It was Lucky's idea!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:46 pm
In another timeline where the Death lead was much taller and could use quite generous amounts of power maybe the current event would have panned out quite differently, most likely ending up with the windows all tragically broken again and once again proving there was no such thing as a Caelius-proof window.

As it was he just stood there and didn't look all that intimidating. Maybe it was because he was obscured by the barricade, maybe it was because he was still wearing Gale's old coat, or possibly just because he sounded about as threatening as fourteen-year-old Harrison.

“Is there anything else you'd like to tell me,” said a Death lead with what was possibly the last vestiges of his patience. Rep's phone just happened to buzz the same time with a text message and if he looked at it it was just a text from Mark with the words 'Tell him I dont have the jar okay thx'.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:54 pm

"I don't know what you know already sir." Rep said hurriedly. "I got Circe back from the base in the arctic and the book that Creation keeps calling its mask. I have a white shard with a piece of it stuck in it. Excalibur is still er..talking to me now and then." he looked at his phone.

"Mark doesn't have the jar? Lucky has it, last I heard, everyone keeps telling me not to let him open it, like excalibur, the little faceless girl and s**t."

He realised how utterly and wholly crazy he sounded. "Er. It wants the mask back...I don't know what else?"

But even through his very real terror there was a sense of strong relief that Cael was back in his own mind, it was reassuring, like part of the world slotting back into place, it didn't matter that he was small (and cute), he was Cael again.

He tried to ignore the pang of sadness that also meant Carl was gone again for ever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:12 pm
While Rep was talking, the Death lead took a long moment to survey the room all its majesty. There were chairs lying haphazard everywhere. The entire front of the room was a barricade that somehow included Mark's desk, and Oz's desk was for some reason upside down, making the only thing relatively untouched his own desk.

The worst part were the pile of papers Mark had decided just to start stacking on the ground. Maybe the Death division office was renovating.

"The jar chose someone," he stated as if this was the most obvious thing ever. There was something very familiar about the way he picked his way around his surviving desk, opening a few drawers at first, and then pausing when a few things didn't add up. One could almost see the slow anger well up in his expression - "And you have the-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as he suddenly turned to look at the third sudden occupant of the room.

"Nobody will ever leave now," said it, still missing eyes and mostly just green and vines and leaves, "Nobody will, not until you give me back my mask!"

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Rep raised a brow at the thought the jar was capable of choosing someone to do anything, finding himself very worried that whatever horrible thing was in there might have chosen Lucky to carry out its dark bidding. There were also a lot worse choices than Lucky on the island and it could be any one of those.

He was about to answer that yes he did when it spoke up.

He glared at the twisted vine creature. "You are a right pain in the arse." he said to it. "What's your ******** problem?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:32 pm
The room quavered just a bit in warning, the barricade half-collapsing as vines first vines began to grow out of its holes of eyes. "YOU DID.."

Before anyone could comment on anything else including grammar, several things happened all in rapid succession.

The first were the massive vines that extended rapidly all directions like snakes lashing out, some slamming into walls and others through the windows-

- The second was the Death lead slicing through a one of them with his weapon before grabbing a hold of it to push it through a portal-

- And then the room was silent, for a long moment, though the portal did remain.

Baneful

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Rep had found himself in the familiar situation of not having enough room to summon his weapon and surrounded by very real danger. It was just merciful that Cael was quick and efficient as always and he didn't need to find out how much of a squeeze it would have been to try and fight.

When the kid was gone into the portal, he eyed it, and then Cael, and then the portal again.

He didn't want to get in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:43 pm
"You need to go," how long Alice had been there was a mystery in itself. Her form flickered, barely visible. "It's time to use the sword."

Baneful

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Rep took a deep breath and sighed. It sounded like an excecution, given what he knew about the sword. Still, he was obedient and devoted to Deus to a fault and had made the decision to trust the strange girl due to a lack of other options available.

At least he didn't need to clean up the office.

With a shrug, he jumped in after it.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces