Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --[ Biotic Interactions ]--
[PRP - CHECK UP] Sick Burn, Brah (COMPLETE)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:25 pm
          Who: Anya, Iorek, and Zeke
          When: Friday, February 10th, 2017; around 9am
          Where: Lab 305
          Weather: Cold and blustery! Brr!

If Zeke expected any calls this early, it was related to either one of two things - the clinic or the Lab. This had been surprisingly the latter, but not from the exact source. Iorek, the big burly Gargoyle Frei, was on the other end of the line. The question he asked was posed innocently enough - would Zeke be going to the Lab that day? When the vet gave a confirmation and then asked why, the answer he was given sent him flying out of bed in a whirl of blankets and an alarmed "I'll be RIGHT THERE! Hold on!"

After dressing in the first things he could find Zeke then all but flew downstairs, nearly crashing headlong into Anya, who happened to be up at such an early hour. Both gave a yelp as they avoided each other at the last possible second but Zeke stumbled and nearly went down if not for his Frei grabbing the back of his sweater and pulling him back hard.

"Careful, Zeke!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" As he apologized he was already scrambling to get out of her hold, which stuck all the faster for his efforts. "I can't stick around, Anya, something's happened!"

"What? What happened?" The alarm in his voice made a jolt of nervousness go through her body. Now he was tugging her along like a rag doll down the hall to the foyer where his coat and keys lay.

"Iorek just called me," and those words coupled with what he had just said before made nerves turn to worry, "He had an accident and needs me to treat him. I think he might be at the Lab right now and I don't know how long he's been there or how bad he is."

With that Anya's grip loosened and fell, shock taking over her features. Their eyes met and Anya struggled for words. Her Guardian looked at her sympathetically.

"Listen, I know you like him and know you're worried, but I'll take care of him and I'll call you as soon as I can. I promise, Anya."

Then he was turning to put on his coat and leaving her floating there to make a choice.

What was an old mistrust of a building and those inside of it compared to the well being of someone you considered a friend?

Zeke grabbed his keys and the jingling they made rattled her decision out right then and there. She turned and fled, but not before calling back over her shoulder loud enough that Zeke could hear:

"Wait don't leave yet! I'm going with you!"

---

They pulled up right in front of the building rather than taking a spot in the parking lot. The moment the engine was cut off they were both opening their respective doors and braving the wind and cold to burst unceremoniously into the Lab's lobby. It had been ages since Anya had been in here but she didn't stop to look around at or comment on the changes made or lack thereof. Instead she went immediately to searching for the Gargoyle Frei, and came to find him hovering by Zeke's desk as if waiting for the man to just happen in from another part of the Lab.

"Iorek!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:32 pm
Iorek jolted upright with surprise at hearing Anya’s voice. Too quick for his own good, in turning around Reks collided with Zeke’s lamp.

“S-Shoot!” He barely caught it in time before it crashed upon the floor. The gargoyle winced in pain as he set the lamp back where it belonged.

“Uh…H-hey, Anya. What um…what are you doing here?” Reks fidgeted with the hood he was wearing like he was trying to hide, well, everything. But anyone could see the bandages he had poorly placed on his face, or the wrap that peeked out from under his (custom made) sleeves. Maybe the emergency was Reks suddenly turning into a mummy?

It was obvious he was uncomfortable and nervous. Iorek thought only Zeke would be here to see him like this. Whelp.

“Please tell me Zeke came with you.”

Maybe he could of done this by myself. But when a firework explodes in your face it probably was for the best to see a doctor. Iorek had tried to treat the burns himself and wrap them on his own but had not been very successful. If his pride wasn’t so bruised he’d have asked the kids for help but honestly, he didn’t want them to see him like this.

He had washed most of the ash off but the burns that marked his stony skin were ugly. Iorek was supposed to be strong and powerful but this shown weakness and boy did it sting.

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 pm
The lamp fell with a huge clatter but Anya hardly flinched at that. Her attention was too focused on the hoodie-clad figure just a short distance away who was now fidgeting to hide his bandages. Unfortunately for Iorek, he wasn't far enough away for the Widow to miss those.

"Oh my god what happened to you?!" Her glove-covered hands flew to her mouth as her eyes widened. She had only seen the little peeks of wrappings but even that was enough to draw her concern further. Iorek had proven himself to be a big, strong, tough Raevan so bandages on his person out of anyone were simply too farfetched. Something was definitely wrong.

"I'm here because Zeke said you had gotten hurt! I couldn't just stay home after knowing that!" Far from offended, Anya's tone was dotted with 'isn't that obvious?' inflections. She floated over and looked him over as fully as she could with his hoodie and nervous fidgeting allowing. Yes indeed, those were bandages.

"Of course he came," the glassy look her eyes had taken on softened somewhat and she pointed back toward the door where Zeke was bringing up the rear. "I just wouldn't let him leave without me."

"Hey Iorek," Zeke gave a little wave as he made his entrance and joined the pair. His expressed alarm subsided somewhat just seeing the big Gargoyle upright and he managed a smile. Like his Frei before him, he looked over Iorek with concern when he spied what little bandage the grey Frei couldn't hide. Iorek, bandaged? Not a good sign. "Please tell me you didn't pick a fight with some otherworldly monster. I've already had two of those in so far recently, and I really don't need a third."

Anya bristled, just a little.

"Zeke, it's not the time to be making jokes!" She wore no hat and thus her crown expanded menacingly without any effort or restriction. Beneath that, her brows furrowed and she seemed to physically puff up, especially when she put her hands on what little sides she had. "He's really hurt!"

"Easy Anya, easy. I know he's hurt but he's upright and vocal and that's a damn good sign all things considered." He bit back a chuckle that wanted to escape for how Anya was acting, turning back to his patient in order to direct him.

"You can tell me everything in just a moment. Let's get you to an exam room first, alright? Can you float okay? You're leaning on my desk right now so it's hard for me to tell, so if you need to use me as a support..." He trailed off, leaving the words unsaid but apparent all the same.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:57 pm
“It’s okay! Don’t worry!” Iorek followed her gaze and hastily shoved the bandages back up his sleeve. “Promise.”

He was touched Anya was so worried about him. She really was a kind and sweet girl. But suddenly this was feeling far more involved than he had planned on it being. Reks just wanted a quick pop in and pop out. Now he could feel the worry setting in and hanging heavy in the air. It made him suddenly start to worry too. Maybe he wasn’t as invincible as he thought? And what would happen if others knew that? His reputation was built on being strong.

“Heh, well I’m glad you’re here. Though I’m sorry you gotta see me like this. Guess the hood doesn’t hide much, huh?”

Iorek smiled and nodded to Zeke as he joined them. “Hey Zeke. Morning.” The bandages had already slipped out of his sleeves again when he tried to give a small wave back.

“Wait what?” Who on earth was picking fights with monsters? It made Iorek’s being here sound pretty pathetic….

“No uh….nothing like that. It’s just a…well..umm…” Think up something cool. Think up something cool!

“A firework…blew up…in my face…”
Annnnd so much for that cover up.

Too bad for Iorek but nothing really came to his mind to replace what really happened. He had yet to master thinking on the fly. But in all honesty, even he was surprised to see himself dappled in burns after the incident. The frei kind of just assumed nothing could harm his flesh. But as the old saying goes there was a first time for everything…

Reks reached out and rested a hand on Anya’s shoulder. She was close enough and he could see her fluffing up with anger. Plus touch always calmed him down so maybe it would help her? “Anya, it’s fine. Thank you though. Honestly this is pretty funny when you think about it.”

The gargoyle turned his gaze back to Zeke. “Mm, yeah. I’m just a little bit dinged up. It happened last night so I just kind of waited for you to open up.” He straightened up and headed towards the direction he thought the exam room was in. “Just need some bandages and I’ll be on my way.”

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:13 am
“Guess the hood doesn’t hide much, huh?” Anastacia shook her head.

"Not really. Kind of hard for it too when the bandages are so high up and far down." Her tone softened and she gestured just a little to what continued to peek out despite the Gargoyle's best efforts. She sighed. What had he done to himself?

"Well I have to say, that's simultaneously a relief and also not. I swear with everyone that's come in lately, you're all trying to put me in an early grave. Is there some kind of bet going on that I don't know about or something?" He let that chuckle finally escape but Anya was looking at Iorek in a stricken, wide-eyed kind of way. She opened her mouth to speak but Reks was able to stop whatever she had to say with just a touch.

When Iorek rested the hand on her shoulder, the Widow went from looking at Iorek to his hand. It put a pause on everything for her for the span of a few seconds. One, she hadn't asked. Two, she knew he was trying to help. Three, he had a surprisingly gentle and cautious way about how he went about it. Four, it was Iorek. She loosed another sigh and allowed this.

"I'm not sure how you two see the humor in being blown up," she seemed to sulk just a little, crossing her arms and hugging herself, "but I am glad you're like Zeke says - still standing and talking." It was true; those were both very good signs.

"Ah jeez, Iorek, last night?! Why didn't you call me sooner?" Zeke took a turn at being exasperated, putting a hand to his face and covering his eyes. He too sighed after a moment and afterward let his hand fall away so he could take action. No use crying over milk that had already been spilled. "It's okay. Let's just get you to a room so I can take a look at you."

Zeke shook his head the entire way to the door at the back of the lobby, which he opened and held for the two Frei behind him. "We'll take the first room after my office on the left." He waited for them to pass through and then proceeded to lead them there, not pausing this time to let them through first when he got to that particular door. Instead he walked in and passed his hand over the right side of the door frame, which flicked the switch and illuminated the room. The exam room was much like any doctor's office, but perhaps a little cozier. It had all the amenities one would think of upon hearing the words 'examination room' but in addition had a set up for guests in the form of a couple comfy-looking chairs surrounding a coffee table. The walls before them were lined with cabinets, counters, and drawers all clean and sterile and ready for use.

Once the Raevan pair were inside, Zeke shut the door behind them, hissing only briefly when he realized he forgot to snag Iorek's file.

"No matter," He then went to a small desk in one of the corners and pulled out a notepad and pen. "Okay kiddos, make yourselves at home! Iorek, if you wouldn't mind I'd like for you to sit up on this exam table here."

Zeke patted the table before pulling a sheet of crinkly tissue paper across the top of it.

"Also gonna need you to take off your hoodie, buddy. I need to get a real good look at those burns." He looked back toward the desk where he had gotten his pad and pen. "Also gonna need to photograph them for your file, if you don't mind me doing so."

Zeke was all procession and business when it came down to it, it seemed. Anya lingered by the door when he went in, looking at what she could see of the room from there. It really had been ages since she had last been inside this place, but it seemed some things just didn't change. The stink of sterility, for one, was still present and cloying. It made her nose burn.

"I can hold onto it for you, if you'd like." She looked at the big Frei when Zeke mentioned the hoodie. She wasn't skilled at all in the medical part of her Guardian's job but wanted to help in some way at least. Said Guardian went about prepping a few needed things and while he did that, Anya took the time to rest one of her hand on Iorek's uninjured arm. "He's going to have to ask you a few things for the record," she spoke with the certainty of someone who had at least heard about previous Raevan's exams, "and take photos like he said, but only if you'll let him. It's so the Lab can keep a medical file for the future if necessary."

She honestly didn't see Iorek blowing himself up again any time soon but procedure was procedure.

"He'll change your bandages and give you medicine too." She squeezed his arm, but with how bulky and stony it was, if he could feel it was lost on her. "And he'll probably check a few other things, knowing him. He's thorough, but then again he is a doctor."

She passed a glance over to Zeke, who still had his back to them.

"You're in good hands, trust me."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:49 pm
Iorek was caught up in a whirlwind. Everything was happening so fast. He didn’t feel like there was any time to really say much. But maybe that was for the best because he was still trying to figure out how everything had busted so quickly.

One minute he was setting up the firework for Tyson’s big dance proposal and the next he was engulfed in burning light. Why didn’t he think to just let it go?! Maybe he had just been so surprised to see Tyson go ahead with the plan without his help.

The boy wasn’t supposed to climb up a tree. Iorek was going to float him up to the girl’s window after the firework went off! That was the strategy they came up with together. Code name: Bros helping bros ask a girl out. (They were never clever at codenames) So obviously Iorek thought they were going to do this as a pair. Instead Reks was left behind and burned. It sucked.

As Anya and Zeke talked to each other, whenever he felt like it was directed at him Iorek made either an ‘mmm’ or a ‘mm hmm’ sound. He probably should have been more responsive but there was just so much on his mind.

When it was time to get up and move Iorek followed Anya as Zeke directed them to the room. He had never needed one before. Looking around the rooms he felt that it was way too clean.

“Oh, yeah, sure. Thanks Zeke.” This was turning into a bigger thing than he thought. Could something really be wrong with him? What if it this was serious?

Iorek shivered at the thought that he could have damaged himself.

“Lot of stuff, huh?” His tone was still shaken but he laughed to cover up the nerves.

Carefully Reks removed his hoodie. “Thanks Anya.” He folded it up and handed it to her. He had no other shirt to remove now and was bare except for the poor first-aid he’d done. Maybe Iorek was part mummy along with gargoyle and mimic stone? He certainlu had enough bandages on to look like one. . Some pieces of folded tissue had been taped on haphazardly while little bandaids tried to cover burn marks. Other parts of him were wrapped in bandages that either looked to be tied too tightly or barely on. Poor boy was actually unraveling. But he had so much bandages on it was hard to actually see where the injuries were.

“I really appreciate all this. I’m glad you guys are here.” His heart was still racing at the thought of crumbling but if he had to fall apart today at least he had friends around. They could put him back together again.

Iorek moved gingerly onto the table and crossed his arms across his chest. There were only two other people in the room but he felt self-conscious. Anya and Zeke were obviously trusted but it was still embarrassing to be seen like this. He felt weak and useless.

But like Anya said, he was in good hands. Everything would be okay. Maybe? Hopefully? Pretty please-y?

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:11 pm
"It's a process. Even the most minor things have to be treated like the serious ones." She shrugged a little before taking his hoodie, replying to Iorek's graciousness with a simple nod of her head. She would have maybe said something if not for the sight of his bandaging job taking her words away temporarily. What had Iorek done? Ripped open the medicine cabinet and used literally everything in there? Anya saw gauze wrappings, Band-Aids of all shapes and sizes, even gauze pads held down with medical tape.

How big was the firework?!

Zeke, much like his ward, was left momentarily speechless as Iorek removed his hoodie and put his haphazard first aid skills on display. After a moment one hand slowly went to cover his mouth and he shook his head in that 'lost for words' sort of way. Well, at least the boy had tried. He couldn't be faulted for that.

"Not a problem, kiddo." The vet went to the sink and gave his hands a thorough washing before donning bright blue medical gloves that he pulled from a dispenser on the wall. "You did a good job wrapping yourself up, it's gotta be said. You'd be a great mummy for Halloween!" There was a smile in his voice and on his face as he neared Iorek. The Gargoyle had covered himself with his arms - out of embarrassment or modesty for the lady in the room he couldn't say - but he would have to drop them if Zeke were to start getting to the thick of things.

"Okay Iorek, first thing is first! I'm gonna need you to drop your arms so I can get all those bandages off. I think you might have tied a couple of'em too tight and that's not good for your circulation. May I?" He pointed to one too-tight wrapping in particular, smiling in that friendly and warm way of his all the while.

While Zeke got down to business, Anya took up residence at the coffee table to fold her friend's hoodie into a tidy little pile. Once that was set, she turned a chair and 'sat' in it, watching Zeke get to work and Iorek try and keep himself covered. It made her c**k her head a little at him; it wasn't cold in here.

"...So how in the world did you blow yourself up with a firework, Iorek?" Wondering minds just HAD to know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 am
Iorek looked between the two shocked faces and immediately jumped into thinking that maybe he had messed up. It really was that bad! “Um…uh…” His wings rose and curled around him instinctively. He had tried his best but obviously he was going to have trouble if he’d never really needed to do bandages before. He hadn’t asked for help either. After it happened Reks stuck to his room when he got home and slunk off in the morning before either Lillian or Tyson were awake. It was just too embarrassing to ask them for help. But he was far too nervous to just leave it without seeing anybody.

“Ha, thanks Zeke but we all know this isn’t the best job…and yet all the comics make it look so easy to do” Some heroes could even tie themselves up using just their teeth. What a bunch of lucky weirdos.

Reks tugged his wings back as Zeke approached so the man could see everything. The old frei was still nervous but it was more of the unknown than being in the hands of his friends. He just didn’t know what lurked underneath all his first-aid handiwork. He’d done what he could to wash the ash off but even after a good shower it had stayed on his skin. The black soot dappled his stony flesh like a marker for his stupid mistake. It was also the perfect excuse to not really look over his injuries. If he wouldn’t see them well then maybe they weren’t really there?

“Oh! Uh, yeah…sorry.” Iorek dropped his arms and some loose bandages fell off completely. “I’m such a mess…”

A flinch and a groan answered Anya’s question first. It happened only hours ago but Reks already hated to look back on the fresh memory.

“Tyson ditched me.” He spoke with a bitterness he never thought he’d use with Tyson’s name attached. Reks heavily sighed and shook his head as he worked to cover up his unfair remark. “I mean…we were planning this big firework display for the girl he wanted to ask to a dance.”

And it was something Tyson had begged for help with. They came up with the idea together but Iorek was the one left holding the exploding piece. “We were gonna light off a firework to get her attention, and then I’d fly Tyson up to the window so he could serenade her with some old boombox he’d found. Just like in the movies. Then after she’d said yes we’d let off some work fireworks.”

As he spoke Iorek knew the idea was probably stupid to anyone else besides the two guys who came up with it. But it had been fun to plan something special with Tyson. The boy had been so excited and then…”While I was setting up the firework…Tyson climbed a tree to her window. She must’ve had an idea what was going on because she was right there to meet him. There was no use for the boombox, no singing, and definitely no me.”

Iorek sighed and helped Zeke tug away some of the bandages as he grew frustrated telling the story. Cause first off, why would you come up with a plan needing two people if you weren’t going to even use them? How could Tyson, of all people, just forget about him? HIM. Iorek! The mightiest hero of all, at least, that’s what he once was to the boy.

“I was surprised and had already lit the firework but I uh…didn’t…let it go.” Reks winced as he pulled away the band-aids and gauze he’d stuck to his face. He had some cuts and welts across the skin there that looked like they’d need some ointment.

“They didn’t even see the firework go off.” Even if he was holding it, Iorek knew the firework gave off a pretty display. He had the best view of it.

The frei growled as a familiar heat flooded through him. “Tyson must have been so excited. I think he yelled that he’d meet me at home but I couldn’t really hear him. But it was like nothing happened! After I just had a firework burst in my hands!”

Iorek felt the bolt of bitterness and his fists collided with the exam table he was perched on. His jaw was clenched, teeth barred, and eyes narrowed in anger. He had been forgotten.

But as fast as his anger came on, his mood swung to sadness just as quick. The raevan pulled his sore hands back into his chest as he looked between Zeke and Anya. s**t. “Ah…jeez guys..sorry….I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. I’m just…really upset. First Cesc disappears and now Tyson leaves me. I know he didn’t mean to but, right now a lot of things just--they just--they suck.”

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 pm
"Hey no biggie, man. You did the best you could with what you had in the situation you were in!" Zeke continued to be all smiles and sunshine as he got to work pulling bandages away from skin. In some places it seemed almost as if Iorek had unintentionally layered himself in wrappings - Zeke was finding gauze under bandages and vice-versa. When he finally got to see what was hiding beneath he had to pause. He had been expecting third-degree type stuff, the sort of thing you would find on a fleshier, less stony body in the event of an explosive mishap. Instead Iorek's "wounds" could hardly be called that. Yes the Frei had cuts and welts but his burns were milder than mild. More like the Gargoyle had accidentally put his skin to a stove top coil for the briefest of moments than blow a firework up in his face.

And here he had been expecting blood and gore, jeez.

While Zeke did his thing Anya listened intently to her friend as he detailed just what led to his accident. Slowly, the Gargoyle became melancholy, then obviously hurt, then reasonably upset. Anya's heart tugged for him, especially when his face just fell like it did. Finally it all culminated in a surprise surge of anger that rang out with the sound of metal being crushed beneath the Frei's stony fist. The action and following sound sent both Anya and Zeke jumping; the former going skyward with a rattle of spindly wings while the latter cried out "Whoa!!!" and went backward.

But as quickly as it came, the anger went and it was replaced with embarrassment and a deep hurt on Iorek's part.

"It's okay," Anya regained herself and floated over to the big, sad Frei, hovering next to him for a moment before resting one of her hands on top of the ones he had balled to his chest. She spoke softly, soothingly in a way, and looked at her older counterpart with sympathy. "You have every right to be upset. That wasn't fair to you at all."

With his heart in his throat Zeke needed a moment to shake off the shock - he had been right next to those bared teeth and angry eyes, not to mention the ear-piercing squeal the table had made when smashed against - but when he finally overcame it he cleared his throat and went right back over without any other hesitation.

"Anya's right, Iorek. I can understand Tyson being excited about asking the girl out, but that doesn't mean he should forget about your plans." Zeke put his hand on the arm opposite of the one Anya was holding, looking at his patient in the same was as his own Frei. "Especially when your plans involve live explosives, Jesus."

It was here he would have mentioned Iorek's injuries - or rather, there lack of - but before he could get the words out the stony Frei said two words that put that on halt - 'Cesc disappeared'. The vet's brows went up his forehead and his mouth fell open. The femme Frei beside him copied that expression but added that stricken look she had had when Iorek had mentioned blowing himself up just a little while ago.

"Cesc's missing?!"
"Cesc's missing?!"

The pair spoke in unison. Anya's hand left Iorek's and she clutched both of her own to her chest, meeting the Gargoyle's gaze and all but begging him to say what he had just said wasn't true! One friend comes in hurt, another has gone missing?! And she didn't hear about it?! Suddenly she broke the gaze to look at Zeke with anger brewing behind each one of her six eyes, but the vet was just as agog as she was.

"I didn't..." he looked from Iorek to Anya and then back to Iorek again, balefully.

"How? Or...W-When?!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 pm
Iorek glanced back at Zeke as the man worked on peeling away his many bandages. He could see the confusion on his face. “What’s…?” Iorek followed his gaze and could see that a lot of the scary purple bloody damage was gone. The blood was the same color it had been in the jungle when they faced against the Hunter. He’d never forget that. But now all that was left to show he’d been hurt in that spot was some light scratches and scuffs. “Dude…I swear this was way worse last night.” If that area had magically healed did that mean the rest of him had as well?

“Ah, yeah, sorry about that.”
He looked between them and exhaled a heavy sigh. He needed to calm down or else he’d scare them away. Maybe, Reks thought, if he wasn’t as hurt as originally thought he should just leave? But then Anya’s hand was on his and he was back to paying attention to his caretakers.

“Well, I mean…”
Reks wasn’t sure about that. He was upset but what if his emotions were getting the better of him? Or was this anger justified? Iorek grimaced as he struggled to find the right way to respond.

Now Zeke was beside him offering a comforting touch. The show of support from his friends should have been enough to quell and relax Iorek but he remained bitter. If Tyson didn’t want to go along with the plan all he had to do was tell him. He would not have cared then!

What really blew Iorek away was their complete surprise about Cesc. It had been weeks since his best friend vanished.

“How the ******** do you not know?”
It was blunt and rude but the astonishment Reks felt made the words tumble out. He just couldn’t believe it. “I-I know Shep and Vivi called the Lab. I was there for one of the calls!” And they were devastated every time they called to see if anyone had seen the stag.

“Zeke! You work here! This is your job!!”
Iorek’s green eyes widened with shock. “It’s been two months! We’ve been worried sick!”

And there it was again. He had pushed away the poison but his anger was back stronger than before and licking at his heels. Iorek’s shocked face had morphed into a frightening glare. Even the hair hanging down his back started to thicken and rise. It had been ages since he got his aggression out on punching bags or heavy weights. With fists longing to tear into something, poor Zeke was looking like the perfect target.

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm
Oh why did Iorek have to go and say that?

Zeke winced as if struck as the Gargoyle rounded on him, shouting in a voice loud enough to shake the windows and giving a look that had 'murder' written all over it. The vet took a step back from him, shirking his shoulders and raising his hands up with his palms out to the Gargoyle as if deflecting a blow.

God...why couldn't he have just explained?

The vet looked to his ward and that stricken look was back on her face. He had wanted to avoid this but...

"I...I knew." He winced harder as he admitted it, his voice soft before he cleared it and rose the volume to get somewhat on par with Iorek's. "I knew! I knew the entire time! I just--"

YOU WHAT?!" Now it was Anya who was the loudest one in the room, her eyes wide and her mouth open wide in shock. Then in a moment's notice she had thrown herself in front of the glaring Gargoyle - her back to him and her front to her Guardian - anger flashing up on her sharp features. "What do you mean you 'knew'?!"

He had erred in his previous decisions.

"I knew Cesc had gone missing and I had spoken to Vivi and Shep myself. I...I didn't want you to panic or think the worst! I--"

Anastacia's wings snapped open wide, like an angry animal trying to make itself seem bigger to its target. Her crown followed suit to match.

"You didn't want me to panic?! Think the worst?! What do you think I'm doing right now?!?!?"

Her voice warbled. She threw her arms up and as they came down at her sides she balled them into fists. Anya's face remained pale, but if she had the blood to her face would have been bright red. Tears were impossible, but that didn't stop her eyes from burning all the same.

"I'm sorry!" Tears were not impossible for Zeke however, and while none were falling his eyes were starting to get glassy. "I'm sorry Anya! I ******** me!" He put his face in his hands and groaned.

Anya was vibrating in the air, her knuckles turning white. After a long, hard moment she finally gave her fists a shake and with a snap of her sharp wings turned her back on both her Guardian AND Iorek, floating back over to the coffee table and chairs.

"You are SO lucky that Iorek being hurt is far more important to me than chewing you out right now." He would get it later, that was for DAMN sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:38 am
‘…Iorek being hurt is far more important to me than chewing you out right now.’

No. That wasn’t right. That was ridiculous. ******** that. Iorek was enraged. He didn’t give a s**t if he was hurt now. The blubbering mess before him was obviously the bigger problem here. Weak little man…his tears would not lure any sympathy from him.

How dare he. The wet streaks streaming down his cheeks that Zeke tried to cover up just made Iorek angrier. Zeke had no right to cry. He was not sitting with Shep while the man’s world crumbled. He did not see how dark and empty the café had become. Zeke was not experiencing the level of grief that they were. He had no right to try now.

And yet Anya was just going to let him go when now was the time to strike! It wasn’t the time to turn her back and just let Zeke get away with it. No way was Reks going to let that happen.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!” He roared. Iorek’s hands clenched and unclenched, twitching to have some action. “You kept this from her? And you’re sitting here telling me Ty shouldn’t have left me out when you’re not telling YOUR OWN RAEVAN something that could be life or death?” It was absolutely disgusting. Even little Lorin knew and he was a child.

Iorek wasn’t done. He was not going to just let this be. A weak sorry with some tears wasn’t enough to smooth s**t over. He was pissed.

Iorek pushed himself forward so he towered over Zeke. “You’re pathetic.” His voice didn’t sound the same anymore. It was low, heavy, and threatening.

The gargoyle stalked closer to Zeke as a haunting growl emitted from his throat. His jaw was clenched and his hands were drawn into fists. He wanted to hurt Zeke. Everything inside him was begging to take that next step. There was an opening and he clearly wasn’t happy just yelling anymore. One little shove, a swift punch to the gut, a throttling to his neck would feel amazing right now. If he wanted to Iorek could break the man into a million pieces.

No…wait…that wasn’t him.

Iorek shook himself out of the bloodlust. His eyes readjusted and his hands loosened as a shiver ran through his body. Reks looked down at Zeke to realize just how close he was to the man. Dangerously close.

The gargoyle quickly moved back, not breaking eye contact with the lab employee. He should say sorry. He should apologize for his venomous words but truthfully, Iorek didn’t want to. His anger did not recede. He didn’t feel guilty. Zeke didn’t deserve his sympathy right now.

“You’re not even worth it.”
He growled and finally turned away. Before he could be stopped the raevan swiftly gathered up his clothes and tossed them back on.

He had to get out of there. “I’m done. I can’t deal with this right now.” Iorek shook his head and looked over to Anya.

“Sorry Anya. I’m just…I can’t…I’m fine now but I can’t stay here. Good luck with…whatever this is.”

As he neared the door Iorek turned his bright green eyes back on Zeke. “I thought you would understand. But CLEARLY you don’t.”

And then he was gone.

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:23 pm
Anastacia's words did nothing to smooth things over. Instead, they exacerbated the situation in an explosively monumental way. As soon as Iorek erupted in anger, time for both the Widow and her Guardian seemed to slow down. Zeke in particular wore a look of shock on his face, backing away from the Gargoyle as the other neared him with teeth bared, fists balled, and what could very well be hatred in his eyes. The vet moved back and back and back until he couldn't any further - a counter top in his way although the wall behind it would have stopped him shortly thereafter had it not been there.

Anya couldn't describe the look on the vet's face, or what she saw of it that was. Iorek's arms were too large and his wings larger still and she could only glimpse her Guardian's face between wing beats. She pivoted toward the two. Her wings and every leg of her crown snapped open wide in alarm and shock, but despite the big, stony Frei bearing down on her Guardian she remained rooted to the spot. She was frozen. She couldn't move.

On Zeke's side of things he found himself in a position he had once been in before a long and happily since long-forgotten time in his past. The look on his face was terror plain and simple and as Iorek drew closer Zeke seemed to shrink away from a blow he was wholly expecting to come. Even when Iorek suddenly pulled away and uttered how pathetic the man he had been bearing down upon was, said man didn't spring back to his full height. He cowered, arms pulled up to his face and upper torso, head turned to one side, shaking violently all over.

He watched Iorek's sudden about face and movements back to collect his things, and Anya sure did as well. Still frozen to that one spot she was agog at the proceedings and barely seemed to register what Iorek had said to her at first. She looked at him with her lavender eyes wide and glassy. After a moment Iorek's words reached her ears and slowly she started to mouth words.

"But...you're hurt." That was his reason for being here. The reason she had come in to see him. The reason that was keeping her from tearing Zeke a new a*****e herself right now.

Everything felt hazy in this time-slowed world she now found herself in. There was a ringing in her ears where Iorek's rage had been echoing just a moment before. Her words, spoken on autopilot, didn't seem to have an effect on him. He put his clothing back on in a couple swift movements and as soon as he said something to Zeke he was gone without even a slammed door to remember him by.

A moment passed. Then another. Suddenly time slammed on the gas and with it came a sense of vertigo, whiplash, and dizziness all at once for the both of them. Zeke made a never-before heard of sound - like a guttural moan and a high whine yet not entirely one or the other - before slumping to the cold tile floor when he knees finally gave out.

"Holy ********>" In the now-quiet of the office his whisper was as audible as if he were standing right next to his Frei. It was the only thing he uttered before he covered his face with his hands again and sat there for a very long time.

Anya was suddenly aware of how loud each breath she took was and slowly, shakily, she took a seat in the chair behind her. She wanted to give chase but in the back of her head something was telling her that doing so right at this very moment wouldn't be a very good idea. She gripped the arms of the chair she sat in until her knuckles turned white. Slowly her eyes flicked down to them when she felt familiar little pops and the subsequent wet oozing that meant she was once again leaking silk from her fingertips.

Oh, she thought and even in her mind her words were barely breathed, I'm shaking.

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games