Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:56 pm
Rham was excited. In two weeks time he was going to talk to a man about a cart and an animal to go along with it. He'd saved his coin carefully, bought and traded. Rham even learned to make simple things like scarves and leggings to try to bring in more people to buy fabrics. He wasn't an expert at sewing, but if someone bought it, they saw his stitch work and didn't mind it. If anything else they told him they could fix it, and he had a good eye for color. Which, he knew he did. It was his profession, after all.

Either way, the man was once more in Tale, heading for an inn, this time without his wares. They were with his family. He wasn't selling until he had this cart and animal. He had plenty of coin saved up for this and he was determined to celebrate his victory.

"Time to go get tipsy," he cheered to himself, whistling down the dark path. It was just after sunset. It wasn't quite pitch black, but it would be in the next hour.

kaname423

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:28 pm
Sathe reached for the handle to the inn and let herself in out of the darkness of the night air. Even without the sun, Tale was still warm and the air in the inn was stagnant enough to make it feel muggy. But after she had worked so long that day, she deserved a good break.

Her hands hurt from throwing, pinching, and pressing her clay, but she had a full set of wares ready for the fires next week, and she could only do so much in her free time when she wasn't helping with those who needed it around town. It felt good to be busy though, she would rather have a million things to do than to sit around.

She held up a hand to the barkeep and he set to work on getting her the usual. Just one or two and she would head home for the night.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:52 pm
When Rham found his way to the inn, he whistled as he pushed the door open, listening to it creak and then wandered inside. It shut behind him and no one really looked up. Excellent news for him. Rham, despite how he acted when selling things, didn't actually like the lime light on him all the time. Wandering towards the bar before even asking for a room, he spotted a head of white hair and paused.

It couldn't be her, right? There's no way. He stepped closer and moved to lean against the bar next to her, elbow propped on it, head pillowed by his flat of the palm of his hand.

"It is you," he said, laughing, his whole face seeming to brighten up. "Well, what are the odds? Remember me?"

kaname423

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:02 pm
The barkeep had just handed her her usual drink, and she put the mug to her lips before a voice called out from beside her. Her eyes moved over to him before she put her drink down and the rest of her head followed suit. Remember him? She gave she image of the man some thought before it sunk in. "Oh right! The fabric salesman." She answered him. She didn't quite remember his name, but she did remember the meeting.

"I do remember. That fabric was lovely." She picked her drink back up and took another sip. "Here for a drink? I seem to remember you possibly owing me one." She laughed at her own joke. The last time they had met he had asked her out, though she had politely turned him down, now she was home and well... already having a drink. What would be the harm, right?

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:10 pm
"Rham, that's right." He grinned at her even wider before straightening himself up. "I do owe you a drink, don't I? I'll pay for your next one, hm? You'll have a second drink with me? ...And possibly tell me your name again? It's been a bit since I saw you last." He ordered his own drink and then started the negotiations of a tab going. Once that was done, he looked over at her again and then at her clothes.

"I like these colors on you. It works well." It might have been an odd compliment coming from normal men, but he had an eye for this kind of thing. He reached out and touched the fabric on her arm before nodding. "Soft. Seems a bit warm for this area though, hm? Why not get something more... flowy? Maybe something with no sleeves. Some shorts. It'd work for the area." His light eyes looked up at her again before his drink came.

"Thanks," he said to the barkeep, taking it in hand and sipping on it, waiting on her answer.

kaname423

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:24 pm
"Sathe." She answered back, nodding her head towards Rham while he got settled with his own drink. "I think I can possibly do a second one before I have to go home."

He touched her clothing, remarking on the choice in style and the decision on so many layers and Sathe cocked her head to the side. "Well one gets used to it when living in Tale. I prefer this over shorts." she pinched the leggings she was wearing. She really didn't feel too hot, especially when all of her clothing was so lightweight as it was. "And Tale's a dry heat, so I suppose they feel better here than they would in Jauhar."

She took a swig of her own glass and gave him a sideways look. "So what brings you here to Tale? I suppose you're here to make more sales?" She asked him, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 pm
"Sathe, that's right." He took a swig of his drink again and just watched her as she explained her choice of clothing. Not that he was really judging, it was just something he found curious.

True, her clothing would work better here than in Jauhar, but most clothing works better here than there. At least in his opinion. "You're right. Well, you do look very, very good. Seems like life's been treating you well." He wasn't at all being subtle in his flirtation, even going so far as to lean a bit closer and over-dramatically waggle his brows before he scoffed at himself.

"I'm expecting a cart in a couple of weeks. I've been saving and haggling with this guy, and I think he's finally agreeing to sell it to me." He looked like he was a kid, smiling so brightly. "So now I can have a proper place to store the materials and work on sewing them into pretty show pieces and things like that. A place that's mine and I don't have to rent, or fight over floor space in the market."

kaname423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 am
Sathe listened to his explanation of his business in Tale and she could see the excitement on his face. "That's great." She smiled back at him. "It's always nice to have your own things and especially when it makes work easier." She swirled her glass in her hands, not really paying attention to the motion. "I remember when I first got a place of my own I couldn't be more excited to use it for work."

She finished her glass and set it on the bar top. "Where will you go with your new cart?" She asked him.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:09 pm
"Everywhere," his voice was full of determination as he grinned wider. "Literally everywhere I can. Oba for sure. I want to spend time there. They've got beautiful fabrics. Matori, definitely. I hear the beaches are nice there." Rham sighed slowly and just pushed a hand through his hair, obscuring one of his eyes without really caring.

"Home.. I'd go back home and visit everyone. That's the first stop, honestly. Family's really important." He honestly had thought a lot about going home, staying for a month or so and just enjoying the place he grew up. His little house with the best view of the settlement, his mother always trying to shove food and drink at him. She always said he was too thin, too wiry. Helping his dad tend to the harvests. Without realizing, Rham let out a nostalgic sort of sigh and shrugged. "Where would you go?"

kaname423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 pm
She listened to his talk of travels, all the areas he'd go to, and then posed the question back at her. She thought about it, holding her glass to her lips without drinking, caught in the thought. But the more she thought, the more it occurred to her that she liked home.

"Well I don't really think I would go anywhere too crazy. I mean, I like it here. I do go back and forth between Sauti and Jauhar sometimes, usually Jauhar to get supplies or visit family. But home is a nice place to be." Not that she wouldn't consider the idea of moving somewhere else, but traveling, being on the road for long periods of time, it didn't really appeal to her all that much. She would rather set down roots somewhere and really sink into the place.

How long are you in Tale for this time?" She asked him. She was making an assumption, thinking this probably wasn't his first time in Tale.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 am
"So you wouldn't go to this new land, Belrea?" He was surprised. A lot of people, he thought, would jump at the chance to go explore a new world. Rham shrugged after that and just listened to her next question, thinking about it.

How long was he here for? "...I don't know honestly. I know I've still got to get that cart.. The guy's been really sick and hasn't been able to do the repairs, and refuses when I offer to help him." Those light eyes rolled before Rham looked back at her, grinning. "So for... a bit. I think I'm stuck here for a little bit."

kaname423

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 am
He seemed really surprised when Sathe said she wouldn't be that interested in traveling that far. She put her drink down on the bar top and shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe one day I might be interested in seeing the new land for myself, but it's not really high up on my list of things I need to do." She laughed. Belrea was still new, still undiscovered for the most part by the people of Tendaji, and while she was certain Aminah would have jumped at the chance in her younger years, Sathe wasn't too keen on being on a flying ship for months at a time. "Besides. It would take too long to get there. Wouldn't you be worried about being sick the entire time, all that way up in the sky?" It was a pretty legitimate concern. She wondered how others were taking that voyage so far.

So he was here for a while, that was interesting. "What do you plan on doing in the meantime while you're stuck here?" She wondered out loud. If he was waiting on his cart to be ready, was he just going to be vacationing in the meantime?

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am
"I imagine, being on it that long, your system would adjust to it." He shrugged. Rham never really thought about being sick on the air ship before. Still, he figured it couldn't be too bad. After all, people came over and they seemed really fine with it. "Like, it wouldn't make sense not to adapt after a week or two of the same thing over and over.. I think the thing that worries me is what if there's a really bad storm? How... would an airship handle that?" He brought a hand up and ran it through his blond and brown hair, thinking about it further.

"Ah, I don't know honestly. I'm waiting to get more wares until after I get my cart because.. I want to order a rather large amount of wares. Maybe I'll just actually enjoy the settlements and... Just relax. Who knows." The peddler shrugged a little more as he seemed to do a lot of. "...What about you? What are you going doing here?"

kaname423

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:28 am
She laughed at his question. "Well it's not quite as exciting for me. I live here." She looked to the barkeep and asked for another drink, already finishing the one she had now. "I'll be working in my home more than likely. I have a few people in town needing medicines and my clay is starting to dry, it'll need some trimming in a couple of days." She rubbed the back of her neck and thought about all the trimming she had ahead of her. It would be fun, it was always fun, but man it would take forever.

She lifted her new glass and cocked her head to the side. "Maybe you want to come by and visit some time?" She thought about it, and some company might be nice on a lighter work day.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 am
Rham couldn't believe his ears. She just invited him over to her house? Well, that was a score. He grinned to himself in a very cat ate the canary way and nodded. "I could come by. Maybe help out with you know... The simple tasks.." He had no idea what to do with clay other than it dried in the sun. He played with some when he was younger, but never really made much of anything with it.

"When I get my cart.. I might look into getting a little place. Somewhere to call my own home when I come back. I've always liked Tale. It's... just nice. So." He wanted to stay here. Sathe living here was a definite plus. "So if you know about anyone needing a roommate who won't mind him going off for weeks at a time sometime." He gave her a wink. "Let me know."

One of Rham's hands came out to push a lock of her hair back into place from when she rubbed her neck. It seemed it fell a bit loose. He didn't really think much of it, a caress to her temple for a brief moment before he grinned at his own work and dropped his hand back to his side. He went back to his ale then, sipping at it as if he just remembered it was there.

kanam423

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces